Worldwide Coronavirus Thread (US death toll passes 700,000)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 286, 287, 288, 289  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Nov 2003
Posts: 3355
Location: 921SD

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:32 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
C M B wrote:
California digital vaccine records. Sign up and they send you a link to your electronic receord. Hopefully some places will use this.

https://myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov/

Done. Downloaded record to my Iphone. Thanks for the link. 👍🏾


Ditto to what jodeke wrote . . .

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 17701
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:46 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
jodeke wrote:
C M B wrote:
California digital vaccine records. Sign up and they send you a link to your electronic receord. Hopefully some places will use this.

https://myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov/

Done. Downloaded record to my Iphone. Thanks for the link. 👍🏾


Ditto to what jodeke wrote . . .



I can't say for iPhone users, but for Android users I also recommend taking a screen shot of the digital record/QR code. For Android, it prompts you to add the record to Google Pay and then create a shortcut.

It seems as if whenever the G-Pay app gets updated, the vaccine record gets deleted along with your shortcut. I don't know if this really is the cause as I don't notice the shortcut is missing until I try to use it but it's happened twice now and G-Pay was just updated 3 days ago.
_________________
"Suck it up. Don't be a baby. Do your job." - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Nov 2003
Posts: 3355
Location: 921SD

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:37 pm    Post subject:

Correction:

I did what C M B suggested, and what jodeke did, but I'm an Android user. I missed that until numero-ocho's post.

I was sent a notice to my e-mail account. I clicked on a link and printed my information to PDF. I have that PDF saved on my computer and cell phone.

I also carry my paper vaccine card.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Nov 2003
Posts: 3355
Location: 921SD

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:03 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Merck Asks FDA to Authorize COVID-19 Antiviral Pill
Cecelia Smith-Schoenwalder 1 hr ago

Drugmaker Merck on Monday announced that it has applied to the Food and Drug Administration for emergency use authorization of its COVID-19 antiviral pill.

If authorized, it would be the first pill to gain the regulatory OK to treat COVID-19. The company wants to use the pill for "mild-to-moderate COVID-19 in adults who are at risk for progressing to severe COVID-19 and/or hospitalization."

Merck reported earlier this month that its drug, called molnupiravir, cut the risk of hospitalization and death from COVID-19 in half.

More than 7% of patients who received the drug were either hospitalized or died through nearly a month of the trial, compared to 14% of people who received the placebo, according to the company. No deaths were reported in trial participants who received the pill, while eight people who received the placebo died.

The results were so positive that the company was able to stop its trials early.


MSN
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Oct 2003
Posts: 6333
Location: Santa Monica

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:08 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
Quote:
Merck Asks FDA to Authorize COVID-19 Antiviral Pill
Cecelia Smith-Schoenwalder 1 hr ago

Drugmaker Merck on Monday announced that it has applied to the Food and Drug Administration for emergency use authorization of its COVID-19 antiviral pill.

If authorized, it would be the first pill to gain the regulatory OK to treat COVID-19. The company wants to use the pill for "mild-to-moderate COVID-19 in adults who are at risk for progressing to severe COVID-19 and/or hospitalization."

Merck reported earlier this month that its drug, called molnupiravir, cut the risk of hospitalization and death from COVID-19 in half.

More than 7% of patients who received the drug were either hospitalized or died through nearly a month of the trial, compared to 14% of people who received the placebo, according to the company. No deaths were reported in trial participants who received the pill, while eight people who received the placebo died.

The results were so positive that the company was able to stop its trials early.


MSN

Once approved, I wonder if anyone who has mild or moderate COVID will be able to get this pill, or if it will be restricted to "high risk" people or the unvaccinated.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Nov 2003
Posts: 3355
Location: 921SD

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:36 am    Post subject:

I got my third dose (booster) of Pfizer, about 30 minutes ago. I walked there and back, about a half mile each way. I feel okay, too.

Just the usual voices in my head.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 35363

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:41 am    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
I got my third dose (booster) of Pfizer, about 30 minutes ago. I walked there and back, about a half mile each way. I feel okay, too.

Just the usual voices in my head.


You won't feel the side effects until hours later.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 57898
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is consider a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:00 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
FernieBee wrote:
I got my third dose (booster) of Pfizer, about 30 minutes ago. I walked there and back, about a half mile each way. I feel okay, too.

Just the usual voices in my head.


You won't feel the side effects until hours later.


I took the Pfizer booster, waited the mandatory 15 minutes after the shot. I had no side effects then, hours after, or ever.

Did you take the Pfizer booster and have side effects hours later?
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 35363

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:04 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
FernieBee wrote:
I got my third dose (booster) of Pfizer, about 30 minutes ago. I walked there and back, about a half mile each way. I feel okay, too.

Just the usual voices in my head.


You won't feel the side effects until hours later.


I took the Pfizer booster, waited the mandatory 15 minutes after the shot. I had no side effects then, hours after, or ever.

Did you take the Pfizer booster and have side effects hours later?


Theres no difference between the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shots. When I got the Pfizer shot when it was available to me my entire left side (I got the shot on my left arm) was sore about 12 hours later. I felt the effects for about 12 hours but it was what I had to go thru to ensure I would be immunized. I guess it depends on how your body reacts to the shot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 57898
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is consider a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:28 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
FernieBee wrote:
I got my third dose (booster) of Pfizer, about 30 minutes ago. I walked there and back, about a half mile each way. I feel okay, too.

Just the usual voices in my head.


You won't feel the side effects until hours later.


I took the Pfizer booster, waited the mandatory 15 minutes after the shot. I had no side effects then, hours after, or ever.

Did you take the Pfizer booster and have side effects hours later?


Theres no difference between the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shots. When I got the Pfizer shot when it was available to me my entire left side (I got the shot on my left arm) was sore about 12 hours later. I felt the effects for about 12 hours but it was what I had to go thru to ensure I would be immunized. I guess it depends on how your body reacts to the shot.

If the side effect you're talking about is soreness that's natural. I got the shot in my left arm. I felt a slight ache at the injection point, not my entire left side. How one's body reacts does seem to be different.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief


Joined: 07 Sep 2001
Posts: 38723
Location: O.C.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:34 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
I got my third dose (booster) of Pfizer, about 30 minutes ago. I walked there and back, about a half mile each way. I feel okay, too.

Just the usual voices in my head.


Voices in your head? Go back and tell them the vax microchip is malfunctioning. You shouldn't have to hear that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Dec 2002
Posts: 6332
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Took my kids out to San Diego to do some whale watching and to walk around Old Town this past weekend. Of course we wore masks and were as careful as possible. Came back home on Sunday and were fine. My daughter woke up sick on Monday morning and missed school Monday and Tuesday. Fever, nausea, diarrhea and chills. I woke up on Tuesday with the same symptoms. Daughter got tested for Covid....thankfully it was negative. I feel slightly better today....but am getting tested in a few hours to be sure.

My son, so far is fit as a fiddle. We are all vaxxed. I haven't been sick like this in about 3 years. Puts things into perspective, that's for sure.
_________________
"Be the person you needed when you were younger..."


Last edited by PLATNUM on Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Dec 2002
Posts: 6332
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:39 pm    Post subject:

UPDATE: test came back negative.

_________________
"Be the person you needed when you were younger..."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Nov 2003
Posts: 3355
Location: 921SD

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:12 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
UPDATE: test came back negative.


Great.

Maybe it was something you ate (on the trip).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Dec 2002
Posts: 6332
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:36 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
UPDATE: test came back negative.


Great.

Maybe it was something you ate (on the trip).



Thanks, Fernie.
That's what I'm thinking.... still trying to pinpoint what it may have been. But luckily we are both feeling a lot better. Just a little scary the past 24 hours.
_________________
"Be the person you needed when you were younger..."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChefLinda
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Posts: 22125
Location: Boston

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:02 am    Post subject:

^^^Glad you're both okay and it wasn't COVID.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Dec 2002
Posts: 6332
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:20 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
^^^Glad you're both okay and it wasn't COVID.

Thank you, Linda.

As I stated earlier.... Nothing like a nice little scare to give u a fresh perspective on things.
_________________
"Be the person you needed when you were younger..."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Nov 2003
Posts: 3355
Location: 921SD

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:01 pm    Post subject:

Any more "colorful" characters with Ivermectin recommendations?

Or have Herman Cain Awards taken care of some of them and their customers?

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief


Joined: 07 Sep 2001
Posts: 38723
Location: O.C.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:59 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
FernieBee wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
UPDATE: test came back negative.


Great.

Maybe it was something you ate (on the trip).



Thanks, Fernie.
That's what I'm thinking.... still trying to pinpoint what it may have been. But luckily we are both feeling a lot better. Just a little scary the past 24 hours.


Sadly, the food in Old Town isn't as good as it used to be.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Dec 2002
Posts: 6332
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:22 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
FernieBee wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
UPDATE: test came back negative.


Great.

Maybe it was something you ate (on the trip).



Thanks, Fernie.
That's what I'm thinking.... still trying to pinpoint what it may have been. But luckily we are both feeling a lot better. Just a little scary the past 24 hours.


Sadly, the food in Old Town isn't as good as it used to be.


True. There was a Thai food place at the southern end of San Diego Ave that apparently shut down during Covid that we used to like. "Hungry's" at the corner of SD Ave and Twigg St is one of the kids faves. The Mex food out there is getting kinda "bleh". We are used to authentic home cooked Mex food and a lot of the dishes out there are just not the same. =(
_________________
"Be the person you needed when you were younger..."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 49113
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:46 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
^^^Glad you're both okay and it wasn't COVID.

Thank you, Linda.

As I stated earlier.... Nothing like a nice little scare to give u a fresh perspective on things.


Glad it was just a scare.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Nov 2001
Posts: 17340
Location: Orlando

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:28 am    Post subject:

My wife and I got pfizer boosted today! Now we just need the kids to get their firsts.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Dec 2002
Posts: 6332
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:46 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
^^^Glad you're both okay and it wasn't COVID.

Thank you, Linda.

As I stated earlier.... Nothing like a nice little scare to give u a fresh perspective on things.


Glad it was just a scare.


Thank you, DMR
_________________
"Be the person you needed when you were younger..."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChefLinda
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Posts: 22125
Location: Boston

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:23 pm    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:
My wife and I got pfizer boosted today! Now we just need the kids to get their firsts.


Great!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Nov 2001
Posts: 17340
Location: Orlando

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:20 pm    Post subject:

Yep! I did the flu vaccine at the same time in the same arm. Tomorrow I may pay for that decision a bit but at least it’s over with. My wife tried to get the flu vaccine but something wonky with her insurance wouldn’t pay for it if she went to a pharmacy. Odd since she has the same insurance (Cigna/CVS Caremark) as me but from her place of work instead of mine. It was a CVS we went to too and they wouldn’t do it without her paying out of pocket.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 286, 287, 288, 289  Next
Page 287 of 289
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB