Cryptocurrency Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Imagine if keeping your car idling 24/7 produced solved Sudokus you could trade for heroin

Crypto seems like one big ponzi scheme where somebody will get left holding the bag with a bunch of worthless virtual coins.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 3:14 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Imagine if keeping your car idling 24/7 produced solved Sudokus you could trade for heroin

Crypto seems like one big ponzi scheme where somebody will get left holding the bag with a bunch of worthless virtual coins.

How liquid is the market for bitcoin? I'm defining liquidity in terms of the market, not the convertibility. Does market transparency exist to support that it is a liquid market? From what I recall, a few parties hold relatively large amounts of bitcoin, which could in turn make it fairly easy to manipulate the appearance of an active market while inflating the value.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:02 pm    Post subject:

Anonymous going after Elon on bitcoin is funny. The fact that anonymous is real is something.

in case you havent seen
https://twitter.com/anthonycwalker/status/1401335838869536772
Macferson
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:53 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

Crypto seems like one big ponzi scheme where somebody will get left holding the bag with a bunch of worthless virtual coins. But still I put too much hope into EOS. There is a supposition that its price soon will go up.

Not long ago there were about 1ooo coins on coinmarketcap. But now there are about 8000. That is very indicative, my opinion.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:05 am    Post subject:

eth gang - did you guys persevere?

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:32 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:

Yes. Got in late but jumped in for a bundle when it dropped below 2K. Mining like a mother'fcker since May. Just added 3 more rigs today in fact.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:27 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
C M B wrote:

Yes. Got in late but jumped in for a bundle when it dropped below 2K. Mining like a mother'fcker since May. Just added 3 more rigs today in fact.

Wow you're mining? What is your yield?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:15 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
C M B wrote:

Wow you're mining? What is your yield?

650 mhash. Just getting started again. Mf'er might be a bit hyperbolic but you know me friend. I' m a cheap bastard so I will only get hardware where I scored a "deal" on. In any event, bungled it the first time...ugh, mined some with a pair of Radeon 5850s a hot minute ago. My goodness. Whew. Wish I had known right? Kind of the premise for Back to the Future 2.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:41 am    Post subject:

maddona mia etherium hits its ath and is still climbing

jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:30 pm    Post subject:

Can't stop won't stop.

I need solar asap. Several more laptops inbound. My gawd, this just gives me a reason to satiate my thirst for buying tech.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:24 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Can't stop won't stop.

I need solar asap. Several more laptops inbound. My gawd, this just gives me a reason to satiate my thirst for buying tech.

Can you recommend some mining tutorials?

Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:53 am    Post subject:

Do you guys use any of the earn/lending programs? I use one, and I must say it's nice earning solid interest on my holdings - ~8% on GUSD, a stablecoin - while staying in the market. Instant recallability in most cases - the longest I've had a loan outstanding after a call was three business days, I think? It was really nice during the ETH flash-crash - kept me in the market, earning ETH all the while.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Do you guys use any of the earn/lending programs? I use one, and I must say it's nice earning solid interest on my holdings - ~8% on GUSD, a stablecoin - while staying in the market. Instant recallability in most cases - the longest I've had a loan outstanding after a call was three business days, I think? It was really nice during the ETH flash-crash - kept me in the market, earning ETH all the while.

First I've heard of this...where can I read more?

Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:41 am    Post subject:

I'll PM you details, don't want to look like a shill + i can give the real deets
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:20 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
I'll PM you details, don't want to look like a shill + i can give the real deets

Me too
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Flare Networks will be out soon and will be the ETH killer eventually. It does what ETH does but faster, lower transaction costs, and has DeFi. ETH and BTC are household names but there are a lot of projects that have use cases. Definitely not a fad. Just similar to the dot com bubble. But look at the internet today and remember the term "internet of value".
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:58 pm    Post subject:

LakesGnrLake wrote:
Flare Networks will be out soon and will be the ETH killer eventually. It does what ETH does but faster, lower transaction costs, and has DeFi. ETH and BTC are household names but there are a lot of projects that have use cases. Definitely not a fad. Just similar to the dot com bubble. But look at the internet today and remember the term "internet of value".

I thinkhe next coin that is going to take off is going to be the ones mining gravitates to after Eth 2.0. I'll look into Flare but already starting to mine Raven.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:

ty sir!

JB CHECK YOUR PMS...URGENT

Osama YoMama
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:09 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

ty sir!

Fellow crypto fiend here. Can I join the discussion?

GSW 135
LAL 95

Result:

LAL 123
GSW 119
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:33 pm    Post subject:

For me Crypto is an interesting high risk high potential return investment.

As a currency though? The last thing you want is crazy daily price fluctuations so I am not sure I get it in that way. Oh wait, that is the business.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Osama YoMama wrote:
C M B wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

ty sir!

Fellow crypto fiend here. Can I join the discussion?

It's all good. Monty just wanted to raise the alarm that Microcenter is going to be flush with 3000 series cards this week. Happy mining!
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:37 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
For me Crypto is an interesting high risk high potential return investment.

As a currency though? The last thing you want is crazy daily price fluctuations so I am not sure I get it in that way. Oh wait, that is the business.

Crypto is here to stay. Yes there are a lot of scam coins but that will be dealt with regulations. There's a big liquidity problem in the world right now. Lots of money stagnant in the bank, cross border transfers taking days, and then the fees of transferring money. There are cryptos tackling this right now that have been working with banks for years. Don't let the news fool you, the smart companies have been working with banks hand in hand for years. CBDC have been in development for years. In the future every asset(real estate, stocks, loans, etc.) will be tokenized and will be verifiable on the blockchain. The next 5-15 years are going to be the next age of financial institutions. This is the next industrial revolution where trillions of dollars that were sleeping will have value and will be interactable. This is the time to get in if you want to make it.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Crypto and Bitcoin are relatively short term, once we go digital……
buduan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: Cryptocurrency Thread

iam wrote:
I am not a financial advisor. I'm a one-year old crypto baby. Anyone else in the crypto market?

First discussion topic: I've been in software industry for over 20+ years and investing in 3rd gen utility PoS blockchains feels a lot like investing in a programming language.

For example, ETH & ADA are comparable to the likes of .NET & Node.js

They each invented their own ecosystem and idioms for communities to develop with. Each crypto coin has its own vision; the coins with the communities that have the greatest amount of trust in the proposed visions go the furthest.

For mainstream use, consider how many programming languages are used everyday and at the end of the day they all just compile down to 1s and 0s. Java, C, C#, JavaScript, PHP, Python, GoLang. Imagine if you could monetize and invest in any one of these languages you'd be rich today. Doesn't even matter which one you pick, they were all used and were all successful and are all still successful.

Thoughts?

I just started buying into crypto in March of this year. I now hold:

BTC
ETH
AVX
Matic
Sandbox
Enjin
Solana
Chainlink
Polkadot
Decentraland

This is the most money I've made in a calendar year investing. Even more than the wild 2000-2001.

I'm addicted now. Hoping that Plan B is right with his stock to flow model. Though I think hitting $98k at the end of the month is looking pretty bleak.
Ogrounder
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Cryptocurrency Thread

buduan wrote:
iam wrote:
I am not a financial advisor. I'm a one-year old crypto baby. Anyone else in the crypto market?

First discussion topic: I've been in software industry for over 20+ years and investing in 3rd gen utility PoS blockchains feels a lot like investing in a programming language.

For example, ETH & ADA are comparable to the likes of .NET & Node.js

They each invented their own ecosystem and idioms for communities to develop with. Each crypto coin has its own vision; the coins with the communities that have the greatest amount of trust in the proposed visions go the furthest.

For mainstream use, consider how many programming languages are used everyday and at the end of the day they all just compile down to 1s and 0s. Java, C, C#, JavaScript, PHP, Python, GoLang. Imagine if you could monetize and invest in any one of these languages you'd be rich today. Doesn't even matter which one you pick, they were all used and were all successful and are all still successful.

Thoughts?

I just started buying into crypto in March of this year. I now hold:

BTC
ETH
AVX
Matic
Sandbox
Enjin
Solana
Chainlink
Polkadot
Decentraland

This is the most money I've made in a calendar year investing. Even more than the wild 2000-2001.

I'm addicted now. Hoping that Plan B is right with his stock to flow model. Though I think hitting $98k at the end of the month is looking pretty bleak. To be on the safe side I got some AMZN shares. I think now they are in a good position to buy a little bit.

What do you think about stock to flow model now when all the predictions made earlier failed? Your crypto portfolio seems great

Last edited by Ogrounder on Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5
Jump to: