The extra pass and ISO

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:31 pm    Post subject: The extra pass and ISO

James/Westbrook/Rondo is a wealth of BBIQ, but what are guys going to do when receiving a pass that isn't a great shot? Between the respect for those 3 and tendency for some of the ISO that we have seen tonight, I hope guys are ready to make the extra pass.

Say Baze gets a pocket pass from Russ early in the shot clock that leads to a contested look. You'd think the recognition of having 2 geniuses on the court at any time would give them confidence in the play reset vs "I gotta get Russ this assist" or "I trust Russ's judgement". It shouldn't matter who it's from, but on a close call I wonder what our extra passes will look like this season.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:56 am    Post subject: Re: The extra pass and ISO

fansincemagic wrote:
James/Westbrook/Rondo is a wealth of BBIQ, but what are guys going to do when receiving a pass that isn't a great shot? Between the respect for those 3 and tendency for some of the ISO that we have seen tonight, I hope guys are ready to make the extra pass.

Say Baze gets a pocket pass from Russ early in the shot clock that leads to a contested look. You'd think the recognition of having 2 geniuses on the court at any time would give them confidence in the play reset vs "I gotta get Russ this assist" or "I trust Russ's judgement". It shouldn't matter who it's from, but on a close call I wonder what our extra passes will look like this season.

Westbrook amd BBIQ in same sentense
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:35 am    Post subject:

Uh, I think Vogel put rondo in with westbrook to learn from rajon in real time. So, I wouldn't say russ is some super cerebral nba player.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: