AVERY BRADLEY (2.0)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:45 am    Post subject:

Bradley signing feels like Dwight a couple years. Earned guaranteed and was pivotal
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Anthony Davis on Avery Bradley: "We tried to get him back this summer as well. ... We love him here."
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:24 pm    Post subject:

With Nunn out for a couple of weeks, Bradley will be crucial for us.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:42 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
With Nunn out for a couple of weeks, Bradley will be crucial for us.

this
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:56 am    Post subject:

3rd times a charm? Sounds like dude could (and should) stick on the roster, even tho he wasn’t that into us.

Quote:
“Obviously, that’s a concern of mine,” coach Frank Vogel said of the Lakers’ lacking a wing stopper.

With news that backup guard Kendrick Nunn, considered by some scouts to be one of the Lakers’ best perimeter defenders, will miss the next few weeks because of a bone bruise, the options on the outside are even thinner.

The Lakers might end up turning more to veteran guard Avery Bradley, who the team claimed off of waivers after Bradley lost a bid for a spot with the Warriors.

Davis said Lakers general manager Rob Pelinka checked with him and LeBron James this summer once the Houston Rockets turned down Bradley’s team option, wanting to make sure there were no bad feelings about Bradley opting out of the NBA bubble. He cited concerns for the health of his young son, who struggled to recover from respiratory illnesses, as to why he stayed behind.

“It got brought up to us and Rob asked us, obviously, because of the whole bubble situation and all that to make sure we were all good. And we were all good,” Davis said. “And then this summer, we knew we had an opportunity from the buyout. We talked to him for a little bit. It didn’t work out. And then we had another opportunity and we were able to get him the third time around. We definitely wanted him here. What he can bring to us defensively and offensively is something that we need.”

https://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/story/2021-10-21/lakers-defense-is-a-work-in-progress

Quote:
The first thing to know is that Avery Bradley wanted to play in the bubble. Not in the beginning. Not when he feared going to Orlando meant he wouldn’t be able to protect his family from the coronavirus.

But eventually.

“Once you hear zero cases, zero cases, zero cases, you’re like, ‘OK, maybe this is something that I can do,” the Lakers guard said on Thursday, adding, “I was prepared mentally and physically.”

However, the NBA’s extensive planning to safely restart the 2019-20 NBA season at the height of the pandemic did not include an option for players who formally opted out of the resumption to change their minds and join their teams late at Disney World.

“If the NBA made a rule to where we could have come later, which I wish they did,” Bradley said, “I would have come once I felt comfortable enough seeing the bubble doing well.”

https://theathletic.com/2907155/2021/10/22/avery-bradley-opens-up-about-missing-lakers-title-run-im-always-going-to-put-my-family-first/

troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:50 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
3rd times a charm? Sounds like dude could (and should) stick on the roster, even tho he wasn’t that into us.

Quote:
“Obviously, that’s a concern of mine,” coach Frank Vogel said of the Lakers’ lacking a wing stopper.

With news that backup guard Kendrick Nunn, considered by some scouts to be one of the Lakers’ best perimeter defenders, will miss the next few weeks because of a bone bruise, the options on the outside are even thinner.

The Lakers might end up turning more to veteran guard Avery Bradley, who the team claimed off of waivers after Bradley lost a bid for a spot with the Warriors.

Davis said Lakers general manager Rob Pelinka checked with him and LeBron James this summer once the Houston Rockets turned down Bradley’s team option, wanting to make sure there were no bad feelings about Bradley opting out of the NBA bubble. He cited concerns for the health of his young son, who struggled to recover from respiratory illnesses, as to why he stayed behind.

“It got brought up to us and Rob asked us, obviously, because of the whole bubble situation and all that to make sure we were all good. And we were all good,” Davis said. “And then this summer, we knew we had an opportunity from the buyout. We talked to him for a little bit. It didn’t work out. And then we had another opportunity and we were able to get him the third time around. We definitely wanted him here. What he can bring to us defensively and offensively is something that we need.”

https://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/story/2021-10-21/lakers-defense-is-a-work-in-progress

Quote:
The first thing to know is that Avery Bradley wanted to play in the bubble. Not in the beginning. Not when he feared going to Orlando meant he wouldn’t be able to protect his family from the coronavirus.

But eventually.

“Once you hear zero cases, zero cases, zero cases, you’re like, ‘OK, maybe this is something that I can do,” the Lakers guard said on Thursday, adding, “I was prepared mentally and physically.”

However, the NBA’s extensive planning to safely restart the 2019-20 NBA season at the height of the pandemic did not include an option for players who formally opted out of the resumption to change their minds and join their teams late at Disney World.

“If the NBA made a rule to where we could have come later, which I wish they did,” Bradley said, “I would have come once I felt comfortable enough seeing the bubble doing well.”

https://theathletic.com/2907155/2021/10/22/avery-bradley-opens-up-about-missing-lakers-title-run-im-always-going-to-put-my-family-first/

Way too many injuries on this Lakers team. And it's not even to our older players.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:53 am    Post subject:

Hmm, can WB-AB-Nunn be the wings running with AD-Bron front line in the 4th Q? Is that enough defense/3pt shooting?
phantasyman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:19 pm    Post subject:

AB lighting up the stat sheet tonight. I wish he wouldn't focus so much on padding his stats
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Only one of a handful that can shoot and play defense.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:59 pm    Post subject:

Need more two way players like AB

Pelinka seems to always salvage his mistakes with these kind of pickups
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:57 pm    Post subject:

I didn't get a chance to see Bradley play much last season and after being cut by the Warriors I worried he may be done.

He's looked far from done so far.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:20 am    Post subject:

I wonder why he's become a journeyman. After 'winning' a chip with us, he became a part of the Heat, Rockets and Warriors.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:27 am    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
I wonder why he's become a journeyman. After 'winning' a chip with us, he became a part of the Heat, Rockets and Warriors.

It started before that even. Ever since he left the Celtics.

40 games with Detroit, 54 with the Clippers, 14 with Memphis, 49 with the Lakers, 10 with the Heat, 17 with the Rockets, and now 5 with the Lakers on the second go round.

I'm not sure what the issue is either though.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:40 am    Post subject:

Start AB over Baze and the Lakers will be better off.

Kiss my Converse.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:58 am    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:

It's more due to those teams prefer to go younger and already had set rotation. I doubt he would have got signed or got this much run if THT, Nunn, Ellington, Ariza were all healthy.

Heat had better younger guys, Warriors pretty much had a set rotation and Bradley didn't really do anything in that short time to make them think he deserved a spot. Rockets just chose to play with youth and tank.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:04 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Kobetan wrote:

It's more due to those teams prefer to go younger and already had set rotation. I doubt he would have got signed or got this much run if THT, Nunn, Ellington, Ariza were all healthy.

Heat had better younger guys, Warriors pretty much had a set rotation and Bradley didn't really do anything in that short time to make them think he deserved a spot. Rockets just chose to play with youth and tank.

You would think his skill set should be pretty valuable in the league, especially for contenders. Consistent effort on D, good enough 3 ball to keep defenders honest. Glad we eventually managed to get him though!
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:13 am    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Kobetan wrote:

You would think his skill set should be pretty valuable in the league, especially for contenders. Consistent effort on D, good enough 3 ball to keep defenders honest. Glad we eventually managed to get him though!

Well if you look at most contenders they all pretty much have a set rotation already... It be interesting what happens when our guys starts coming back. Vogel will have some big decision to make on who gets pushed out of the rotation. THT/Nunn/Ariza/Ellington all pretty much signed thinking they will be a huge part of the rotations. But with the emergence of Bradley and Reaves not sure what happens now.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:16 am    Post subject:

Let's go Bradley...!
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:25 am    Post subject:

Bradley's defense on the point and on the ball is so beautiful to watch. Especially when you compare it to Westbrook, Rondo etc.

Those Bradley, Reaves, Baze lineups won us the game. Big props to Avery. Huge pick up.

I would start him, but that would mean AD has to play the 5. Because I wouldn't bench Baze. He has also been solid on D.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:59 am    Post subject:

Bradley gives us something that no other player on our team can provide. We absolutely need his on-ball and perimeter defence. It's visually obvious, but more so importantly, statistically obvious.

PLUS 30 last game!

Defence is a contagious thing. Hard to slack off when others are grinding out there.

This man must play a minimum of 25 minutes a game for us to find success on the defensive end.

Absolutely crazy to think that at one point we had him, KCP and Caruso. Three terrific on-ball and perimeter defenders with foot speed and length.

I pray that Ariza returns soon and is not washed up because we need more of this type of play.

We will not go anywhere in the playoffs without defence. I know Vogel knows this, and is trying to figure out how we can get there with Westbrook in the lineup.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:03 am    Post subject:

Back to his pre bubble self, Pat Bev without the antics
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:28 am    Post subject:

Killer_Z wrote:
Bradley gives us something that no other player on our team can provide. We absolutely need his on-ball and perimeter defence. It's visually obvious, but more so importantly, statistically obvious.

PLUS 30 last game!

Defence is a contagious thing. Hard to slack off when others are grinding out there.

This man must play a minimum of 25 minutes a game for us to find success on the defensive end.

Absolutely crazy to think that at one point we had him, KCP and Caruso. Three terrific on-ball and perimeter defenders with foot speed and length.

I pray that Ariza returns soon and is not washed up because we need more of this type of play.

We will not go anywhere in the playoffs without defence. I know Vogel knows this, and is trying to figure out how we can get there with Westbrook in the lineup.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:08 am    Post subject:

No one thrives in the Frank Vogel system quite like Avery Bradley and Roy Hibbert lol.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:35 am    Post subject:

Wasnt a fan of the resigning (guard gut/no wings) but he has been playing well.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:41 am    Post subject:

If Bradley keeps playing like this he’ll be a crucial bench piece

It’s not too much of a surprise, he didn’t do too badly in Miami last year (was pretty bad in Houston though)
#18 next...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 58 of 62
Jump to: