*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Phoenix Suns (10/22/21 @ 7:00 pm PT) Gm#2 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38

View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:05 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
They need to focus on layup drills especially Russ and AD.

Lol, we did rim out a lot of layups
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Lakers lose 115-105

After falling down 7-2, Lakers slowly took control of the game in the first quarter...until they did not. Assisted with some god awful calls (a theme in the game, as this crew really had it out with uneven calls on similar plays), the Suns charged back after falling down 6.

The second quarter is where things started to fall apart and Suns took control, packing the paint, Lakers missing easy shots, Lakers D not playing well, and Suns were up at the half by 13. That lead went to as much as 32 (yes, 32) in the third.

Typically that is garbage time in the 4th, but Vog kept his main gusy playing in the 4th, but elected to go small and also played Reaves and Melo quite a bit with Russ, LBJ and AD. Lakers really started playing with much more energy (and heart), and ultimately pulled within 10. Too little, too late.

Its hard to have 1 quarter of play wipe out what was viewed for most of the game (not very good play). Lots of frustration with this team, and its inability to execute on both ends for long stretches. The officiating was just rubbing it in as well, their blatant refusal to call similar plays in favor of the Lakers that were being called for the Suns came across as intentional. When it rained, it poured.

Bottomline: Lots of work to do. Lakers outscored 52-26 in the paint. If any bright side? AD 10-11 at FT line.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:23 pm    Post subject:

https://nbareplay.net/phoenix-suns-vs-los-angeles-lakers-22-oct-2021-replays-full-game/
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:34 pm    Post subject:

Turned the game off after we went down thirty. Can’t remember the last time I did that. Normally I at least do a thirty second skip forward just in case, but just sickened. Ugh. I see from the box score we made the score respectable after I presume the Suns went on cruise control.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:59 pm    Post subject:

There’s obviously a learning curve that’s going to have to happen with this team, because they dumped their defensive mindset to go out and get a bunch of guys who don’t defend, and who tend to clog the lanes for each other. Injuries are a huge part, but a lot of the depth is currently a mirage because you can’t play any tow of them on the floor together. The lakers right now have four guys who can play both ends of the floor, meaning any time you sit one you now have two targets on the floor, and in this league that’s death against quality teams.

That doesn’t mean it is permanent. Guys will learn each other’s games, injured guys will come back (it hurts that all of the missing guys are better fenders than the guys filling in), and hopefully they will develop chemistry and some movement. But there’s a reason guys like Caruso and KCP have so much value on title teams. And it’s not easy to replace them with one way gunners.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:21 pm    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:

1. The refs were atrocious early and killed our momentum and confidence. It was ridiculous. Honestly they were bad all game, one of the worst reffed games I have ever seen and we were the home team. Crazy.

I really hate to play “the refs were trash” card as well but they were trash.

Flagrant foul on Lebron? Jae is a known flopper and he always extends his feet after shooting a jumper to try to bait the refs into a call.
3rd foul on Lebron.

Bridges gets the blocking call on Lebron, going back the other way same exact play AD gets a charge.
Inconsistency.

Sure I’ll admit the non stop complaining by Lebron, Russ, and Vogel didn’t favor us the rest of the way but it became very obvious.
Tony Brothers is consistently garbage.

Thank God for Giannis and Jrue Holiday. Brings me much more joy now that they denied this Suns squad a chip. Booker might be the purest shooter after Steph but his defense is disgustingly garbage. Ayton is trash too. I see why that racist Sarver doesn’t want to max him out. If AD played with passion like he is able to Ayton would be benched.

CP3 is a legend but he’s still a coward. Always trying to manipulate the refs, that extra acting he did on Dwight is weak cry baby shhhhhh. I’m glad he beat the crap out of the Clippers in the WCF last season but it’s not a shocker why another POS like Pat Beverly chopped him up. Also glad Rondo and BI got their slugs on him as well. CP needs his medicine.

Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Cam Payne, and Javale ...
nothing but respect for these hoopers.

The Rematch is December 21 at Staples Center.
Hopefully will have our S#%T together by then.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:38 pm    Post subject:

Can we fire Rob now or does he get several more years to destroy the team just like Jim did?
XxBaDGuYxX
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:44 pm    Post subject:

I think Frank is still tweaking with the lineups and seeing which combinations of players work best together. Encouraging to see Westbrook look a little more like himself in the 2nd half. Still, we need more plays with WB/AD WB/LBJ. Russ/Lebron & Russ/AD pick and rolls should be lethal but we havent gone to that as much.

- Kobe Bryant
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:21 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Can we fire Rob now or does he get several more years to destroy the team just like Jim did?

Put it where it really belongs and fire klutch
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:31 pm    Post subject:

We are seeing the consequences of the Big 3 only playing in 2 preseason games. They really needed at least 4-5 games together in the preseason to be ready for the regular season games.

If any of them, especially LeBron, just didn't want to play in those preseason games, they should take some responsibility for how far behind the curve we are.

I still think we'll probably be fine, but this is proof that preseason games matter.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:06 am    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

How do people still actually believe Rob calls the shots?

Does he have some influence or say? Sure, but the idea that some believe he just surprises LBJ with his choices, absolutely astounds me.

LBJ runs the team. He decides how many minutes he plays. If he runs himself into the ground... it is his fault not Vogel's.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:48 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

How do people still actually believe Rob calls the shots?

Does he have some influence or say? Sure, but the idea that some believe he just surprises LBJ with his choices, absolutely astounds me.

LBJ runs the team. He decides how many minutes he plays. If he runs himself into the ground... it is his fault not Vogel's.

Absolutely true. Some people are delusional. Lebron is taking all shots here. Rob is just a puppet.
Lebron forced trade for AD. Lebron was pushing for all Klutch clients and now he pushed for RW trade and signings of Melo. He needs to live with that.
Rob and Vogel are not making any decisions. Lakers basically gave the team to Lebron to do what he wants. This is what pisses me the most.
Even Kobe didn't have this opportunity and he is light years ahead of Lebron in terms of Laker status. I am disgusted with all these moves because one player is not bigger than the club.
Leif
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:56 am    Post subject:

I figured they would start 0-2. They looked like garbage during the preseason. The Lakers have a nice schedule before NOV starts and it gets tough again.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:08 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
We are seeing the consequences of the Big 3 only playing in 2 preseason games. They really needed at least 4-5 games together in the preseason to be ready for the regular season games.

If any of them, especially LeBron, just didn't want to play in those preseason games, they should take some responsibility for how far behind the curve we are.

I still think we'll probably be fine, but this is proof that preseason games matter.

While true, LeBron is almost 37 years old and despite playing the least in preseason, has been our best player. I understand what you mean though. This team needed as much time together.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:49 am    Post subject:

It wasn't why we lost but (bleep) this is some of the worst refereeing I've ever seen
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:01 am    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
slavavov wrote:

While true, LeBron is almost 37 years old and despite playing the least in preseason, has been our best player. I understand what you mean though. This team needed as much time together.

But even the “best player” has to commit to playing hard, especially on defense. There have been several plays where he has not shown any interest in doing so, IN THE FIRST 2 GAMES! If anything the start of the season should be where a player is most motivated before the season on grind wears on them.

On one play he chose to start jogging up court before Bridges even shot a corner 3pt. No close out, no raising an arm, nothing. When the best player is not buying in, it effects the rest of the team.

So far this team has been pretty much what I expected. Can score but uninterested in doing the little things to win consistently. That has to change.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:04 am    Post subject:

Highlights
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:26 pm    Post subject:

I hated to see this team lose to the Suns again, but I gotta say this about the “squabble”

Am I the only one that likes it and thinks it will probably be positive to the team? But aside the media blowing it up like it’s serious but it shows heart and passion and teammates do that. I remember Gary Payton and Dwyane Wade in a playoff game doing that and that was the same season they won the whole damn thing. I’m not a tad worried at that.

I am a tad worried at the lack of defense though…
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:42 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
It wasn't why we lost but (bleep) this is some of the worst refereeing I've ever seen

That ranks up there for me for sure. Blatant and the refs were enjoying playinng innocent about it.

Not as atrocious as that duke v unlv debacle from about 30 years ago (nor as in as big a game), but it was just flat out blatant.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:37 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/ralph_masonjr/status/1452153359012491279?s=21

TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:00 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:00 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Lakers made sure Suns starter didn't sit that 4th quarter..
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38
Page 38 of 38
Jump to: