PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:21 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Team Last year:
PPG - 22nd
Opp/PG - 2nd

This year so far:
PPG - 5th
Opp/PG - 29th

I know it's early in the season and small sample size, but the glaring issue right now is our DEFENSE... This team is the opposite of last year's team. I expect those numbers to balance out more as the season goes on and we get a couple players back.

The sad thing is the only reason our PPG is high is because we're 3rd in pace. Super misleading stat.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:21 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
DrDent wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Nets are 2-3 as well and I got the adjustment part, but this loss was embrassing

Nets at least can cite to Kyrie issues, etc

Our squad is just...I mean, what are we, exactly?

We have been without Nunn/THT/Ellington that’s like 30 points in production, stop acting like we don’t our issues.

Whatever IG, stop acting like 2 of those 3 will make a big difference. THT might help, but he is single handedly not changing this defense.

Funny but THT in this game could have been huge, his energy and youth could have made a difference, you guys are acting like we are expected to steam roll everyone like it’s nothing, The OKC Thunder are a NBA team, they almost beat the red hot GS Warriors.

Oh for pete's sake, you win this game...not blow a lead that a Laker team has not blown in 25 years.

You seriously are going polly-anna at the wrong time.

I’m depressed with the lose, but there is nothing you can do about it.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:22 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Team Last year:
PPG - 22nd
Opp/PG - 2nd

This year so far:
PPG - 5th
Opp/PG - 29th

I know it's early in the season and small sample size, but the glaring issue right now is our DEFENSE... This team is the opposite of last year's team. I expect those numbers to balance out more as the season goes on and we get a couple players back.

Yup, game in, game out, preseason, and now. Maybe it gets fixed. Maybe it doesnt. But what you just said Miggz = fact.

I just don’t see how they can fix it. We started 5 defense guys last season (stats said gasol is a good defender), and now we start 2.
I think Vogel should try to adjust and stop trapping and switching too much. It’s not going to work. Give up an outside shot is better than a layup
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:23 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Team Last year:
PPG - 22nd
Opp/PG - 2nd

This year so far:
PPG - 5th
Opp/PG - 29th

The sad thing is the only reason our PPG is high is because we're 3rd in pace. Super misleading stat.

Because Vogel looked at this old team and went "We're gonna be the Number 1 fast break team in the league!!"

If you didn't need anymore reasons for his idiocy.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

mad55557777 wrote:
Laker7 wrote:
Statistically this was not a bad game (other than the score).

Shot 50% from the floor. Shot 85% from the FT line. Within 2 in rebounds. Turnovers were close. Points in the paint were even.

Effort and aggressiveness were the issues. They pushed the ball and gave effort on the defensive end. Not great defense but effort in the first quarter. After the first quarter, it was walk the ball down the court and not getting back on defense. They settled for jump shots instead of penetrating and finding the open man.

It was not a skill issue, it was a will issue. Gotta have the will to push the ball and defend.

It was the open 3s that let OKC back. The outside guys clearly doesn’t have a clue of how to guard shooters while rotating
Yeah our offensive stats weren't bad, but our lack of defense and hustle were the story of this game.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PenG_ wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Team Last year:
PPG - 22nd
Opp/PG - 2nd

This year so far:
PPG - 5th
Opp/PG - 29th

To be fair, pace is also a factor for defense as the other team has more positions
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:24 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
I think people will be shocked to find out how easy it is to comeback from big deficits no matter what kind of team you are playing, this is why Vegas has the betting line set up, because they make money out of unexpected situations.

Wrong forum at the wrong time.

Please allow us to vent and go elsewhere with this fortune cookie crap. There are forums to reason and rationalize, in game threads are not when your team blows a 26 point lead vs a team unlikely to win 15 games.

You are allowed to vent, I’m super pissed we lost, but we gotta realize that we are missing players right now that could be difference makers for this team, not only that but this team is gonna have bad loses, even the players said it wasn’t gonna be pretty, let’s just hope they get there act together.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
DrDent wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Nets are 2-3 as well and I got the adjustment part, but this loss was embrassing

We have been without Nunn/THT/Ellington that’s like 30 points in production, stop acting like we don’t our issues.

Whatever IG, stop acting like 2 of those 3 will make a big difference. THT might help, but he is single handedly not changing this defense.

Funny but THT in this game could have been huge, his energy and youth could have made a difference, you guys are acting like we are expected to steam roll everyone like it’s nothing, The OKC Thunder are a NBA team, they almost beat the red hot GS Warriors.

Oh for pete's sake, you win this game...not blow a lead that a Laker team has not blown in 25 years.

You seriously are going polly-anna at the wrong time.

I’m depressed with the lose, but there is nothing you can do about it.

Yes, there is, come into the in game thread and !^ch about it, which is what I am doing.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

roger_federer wrote:
Outrebounded by OKC

Two big guys playing like midgets...smh.

Also

DS looking good right about now..pffft...lol. Not 100mil which he didnt get but can we trade for him and McGee now?
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PenG_ wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Team Last year:
PPG - 22nd
Opp/PG - 2nd

This year so far:
PPG - 5th
Opp/PG - 29th

So are you saying if slow down the pace that the team will be better defensively?
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
I think people will be shocked to find out how easy it is to comeback from big deficits no matter what kind of team you are playing, this is why Vegas has the betting line set up, because they make money out of unexpected situations.

Please allow us to vent and go elsewhere with this fortune cookie crap. There are forums to reason and rationalize, in game threads are not when your team blows a 26 point lead vs a team unlikely to win 15 games.

You are allowed to vent, I’m super pissed we lost, but we gotta realize that we are missing players right now that could be difference makers for this team, not only that but this team is gonna have bad loses, even the players said it wasn’t gonna be pretty, let’s just hope they get there act together.

Not going to realize anything at the moment while pissed. Notice I stay in this thread as I cool off. If you want to reason, there's like 9000 other threads for that.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:26 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
Outrebounded by OKC

Also

DS looking good right about now..pffft...lol. Not 100mil which he didnt get but can we trade for him and McGee now?

Not our bigs, it is our defense. Way too many switches
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Highlights
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:28 pm    Post subject:

2 & 3, 77 to go.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

KingKobe20 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
DrDent wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Not trying to pile up on IG but I agree with Doc on this one.
THT’s potential is exciting but he’s never been known to have lights out defensive talent. Nunn is basically the same. Great offensive talent never showed out on defense.

Not gonna lie I had a weird dream over the weekend that mid season the Bulls cool down and we trade THT and Nunn (two of Chicago’s finest) to the Bulls to bring AC and Stanley Johnson back home.

That sounds like a nightmare.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

Inspector Gadget wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

We blew a 25 point lead to a team of kids with no real NBA experience that was 0-4.

This isn't a "Oh well we're missing people.." excuses kind of loss. You're up 26, and let them come back and win. This is not a "Oh if only Kendrick Nunn had played..." type of problem.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:29 pm    Post subject:

Pathetic loss. Total meltdown after going up by 26.

Loss of focus and defensive intensity. I am actually ill after watching that crap.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:30 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
Outrebounded by OKC

Also

Not our bigs, it is our defense. Way too many switches

They cant guard a 3 to save their life and at least drive them off the line and funnel them into their centers...smh.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:33 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

We blew a 25 point lead to a team of kids with no real NBA experience that was 0-4.

This isn't a "Oh well we're missing people.." excuses kind of loss. You're up 26, and let them come back and win. This is not a "Oh if only Kendrick Nunn had played..." type of problem.

they weak at running people off the 3 line...smh.
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Nothing more frustrating than not finishing out games with big leads. Chemistry takes time, but there has to be a lack of desire and focus when you lose like this. That’s alarming.

Really glad the Lakers didn’t give Vogel a real extension. LeBron has won a title in the same season after replacing a coach. The Lakers need to fire him if he doesn’t figure it out relatively soon, like maybe a month or 2.

I really hope the Lakers go on a run with these next 4, ending with another game against OKC. The Lakers need these games while they’re still trying to figure things out.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:38 pm    Post subject:

Japago wrote:
Nothing more frustrating than not finishing out games with big leads. Chemistry takes time, but there has to be a lack of desire and focus when you lose like this. That’s alarming.

Really glad the Lakers didn’t give Vogel a real extension. LeBron has won a title in the same season after replacing a coach. The Lakers need to fire him if he doesn’t figure it out relatively soon, like maybe a month or 2.

I really hope the Lakers go on a run with these next 4, ending with another game against OKC. The Lakers need these games while they’re still trying to figure things out.

Are you serio8us? He getting a different team every year....who do you think is making these dumb teams up? Its not the GM...guess again?
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:38 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Team Last year:
PPG - 22nd
Opp/PG - 2nd

This year so far:
PPG - 5th
Opp/PG - 29th

To be fair, pace is also a factor for defense as the other team has more positions

Fair, but this year's PPG changes a lot more when adjusted for pace. We're neither a good offensive or defensive team so far, while elite defense explained why we were 1st in DRtg last season.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:40 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Oh but it's early and don't feel bad because teams of highly paid old superstars often sleepwalk through games and lose them. Really. We'll try to win one of these games soon! Don't feel so bad. They're just resting thier legs a little, not moving off ball on offense, letting rookies run past them like they're standing st... hey they WERE standing still! Anyhow, just because effort was missing completely is no reason to get discouraged. Our injured players would have tried I just know it.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:43 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
slavavov wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
DrDent wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

How are they going to get them when we have so many guards??

The good thing about having so many guards is that coach Vogel only has to play the ones who play good defense and bring energy and effort.

Right, and who are those? None of them can defend. Bazemore is a low in defender, the guy doubles no names in the post and leave his man for wide open 3s. Monk sucks at PNR and team defense. THT might be ok, but he was pretty lost last year on defense sometimes. Reaves is good, but I think he will lose minutes when those guys come back.
I wouldn’t even bother comment on rondo/Westbrook/NUNN/Ellington

Nunn and Bradley are capable defenders, and probably Bazemore at times. We'll see if THT has improved on D when he comes back.
vancouverthrowback
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:43 pm    Post subject:

Can we stop pretending like this team needed LeBron, THT, and Ariza to beat the Thunder?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 23 of 25
Jump to: