Television: New Shows, new seasons, new characters, etc.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 108, 109, 110  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:30 am    Post subject:

Finally got around to squid game, this is like a modern, more refined version of saw, good watch
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Netflix's You is the closest thing ever created to Dexter. I'll probably finish binge watching the new season this weekend.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:04 pm    Post subject:

Season 4 of one of my favorite shows The Sinner (USA) began this past week and Season 2 of Hightown (Starz) begins tonight.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:24 pm    Post subject:

Season 3 of Succession also begins tonight.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:31 pm    Post subject:

My daughter got me to start watching Derry Girls - a darkish comedy about a group of teenagers and their families in '90's Northern Ireland during the waning days of the IRA. It's laugh out loud funny and quite clever in it's commentary about Catholicism, family dynamics and the political climate of the time. Plus it heavily uses music from the '80s and '90s to great effect. I highly recommend it if that sounds interesting to anyone.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:40 am    Post subject:

Our Kind Of People A series about a well to do Black family. A father, the head of the empire. Two sisters competing for family name salvation. Lots of drama. Yaya DaCosta has gained weight. She's a beautiful thick Black piece of eye candy. I remember her as a thin model. If I have it right she gained her weight naturally. Worth a peek.

Only Murders In The Building's murder has been solved. Are there going to be more murders? Where is this series going?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:13 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Netflix's You is the closest thing ever created to Dexter. I'll probably finish binge watching the new season this weekend.

I read this weekend it's already overtaken "Squid Games" as Netflix #1 show. I'll have to check it out. I haven't found anything I've liked, other than "Young Sheldon".
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:01 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

Is You in its 3rd season?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:53 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

I watched S1 E1 of You. Damn you kik, you got me stuck on another series.🤬

Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:04 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

Solid opening, very in keeping with the show’s dynamics. I continue to be struck by how much the greedy, petty, destructive narcissism and often ineptitude of the characters reminds me of Seinfeld.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:33 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

Really struggling to get into this one.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Solid opening, very in keeping with the show’s dynamics. I continue to be struck by how much the greedy, petty, destructive narcissism and often ineptitude of the characters reminds me of Seinfeld.

But Seinfeld finally got funny in its third season.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:19 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I have began to wait until there are about 3 episodes in a new season to begin watching. I have found that binging a few episodes to start a season really helps me to get interested. I think it is Amazon...or maybe Hulu releases their originals this way....with 3 on the first day, and that is what gave me the idea.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:59 pm    Post subject:

Curb is so funny. So happy it’s back
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:57 am    Post subject:

I finished Snake Eyes G I Joe. Is it going to be an ongoing adventure with some of the same characters? With Snake Eye and Storm Shadow former friends now enemies fighting one another.

Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:50 am    Post subject:

MAID is a tough, but compelling show. I am finding it hard to stomach in certain parts. I am enjoying it though.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:40 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I have began to wait until there are about 3 episodes in a new season to begin watching. I have found that binging a few episodes to start a season really helps me to get interested. I think it is Amazon...or maybe Hulu releases their originals this way....with 3 on the first day, and that is what gave me the idea.

I'll give it another shot using this method, but probably after S3 concludes. Every single film dork on Twitter loves Succession, so every season I've been bombarded with references to Shiv and Roy when I'm just trawling for free downloads of old Hong Kong action movies.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:43 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

If Albert Brooks becomes a semi-regular, what an awesome addition he would be - he immediately fits like a glove in the Curb universe and having him follow his brother's run after Bob's death is really beautiful.

The glass door gag ruled!
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:49 pm    Post subject:

In Season 30 of The Simpsons (2019-20), the series' annual "Treehouse of Horror" episode uses a brief Altered States (1980) reference as part of a broader Stranger Things parody, which collapsed at least one ventricle of my heart from embarrassed pain - classic Simpsons just would've done a broader Altered States parody and still been hilarious whether viewers got the reference or not.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:07 am    Post subject:

In Season 30 of The Simpsons (2019-20), the series' annual "Treehouse of Horror" episode uses a brief Altered States (1980) reference as part of a broader Stranger Things parody, which collapsed at least one ventricle of my heart from embarrassed pain - classic Simpsons just would've done a broader Altered States parody and still been hilarious whether viewers got the reference or not.

The Simpsons is the longest running prime time series in the history of TV, 32 years and running. I must be the only person on the planet who hasn't watched the Simpsons.

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:56 am    Post subject:

The Morning Show takes a sharp turn.....
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:06 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

If Albert Brooks becomes a semi-regular, what an awesome addition he would be - he immediately fits like a glove in the Curb universe and having him follow his brother's run after Bob's death is really beautiful.

The glass door gag ruled!

The ageism and diversity call outs were hysterical. Seinfeld pushes back on all that and it felt like he wrote the show pitch scene.

Brooks hopefully takes the place left vacant by Marty.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:40 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I'll give it another shot using this method, but probably after S3 concludes. Every single film dork on Twitter loves Succession, so every season I've been bombarded with references to Shiv and Roy when I'm just trawling for free downloads of old Hong Kong action movies.

It's pretty good, but only because most TV today is very bad. The most recent golden age of television is well, well into the rear view mirror at this point.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:07 pm    Post subject:

I just binge watched Designated Survivor. The first season was pretty good, the following two seasons were simply watchable.

Here's a question for anyone who watched: Is it me, or is the character "Dontae Evans" a duplicitous sociopath? First off he doesn't tell his lover that he is HIV positive, and yet he's the one who feels victimized and deserving of an apology. That's the mark of a true sociopath. Secondly, no one seems to pick up that he was also a mole, and destroys everyone around him (including the presidency) without any sign of internal struggle or remorse.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:05 am    Post subject:

Heartburn wrote:
MAID is a tough, but compelling show. I am finding it hard to stomach in certain parts. I am enjoying it though.

You said it briefly but you said it well. This show is hard to stomach at times, yet I knew I had to finish it. It is clearly Dickensian as it takes on so many issues of struggle and character. You may love it; you may hate it; you may both love and hate it as I did. It sunk deeply into my soul.

It is an important work, just as was The Wire. I can see upper division courses (if not dedicated to this work) with this work as required reading (the book that so inspired it) or viewing.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
Page 70 of 110
Jump to: