ZeroDark30_ wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:
cirehawk wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:
cirehawk wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
panamaniac wrote:
When you have a professional scorer like Melo coming off your bench you live with his faults.

Yes, especially if he is hot. He just can’t be your 4, we can hide his defense a little better at 3

Question.....Kuz or Melo rn?

Is this a real question? lol

What you mean? What's your answer?

Okay. Melo all day!

Kuz is killing it in Wash. He's rebounding like a mutha right now. Plus, he's infinitely better than Melo defensively. But with this particular team..I'm actually a bit torn....we'll see how long Melo can keep this offensive production up. But the truth is, Melo will always be a liability defensively.

Kuz has no expectations and barely any eyes on him. The lights were too bright in LA. Prefer Melo. KCP is the only player I wouldn’t mind back. Don’t miss Kuz.

Kuz lovers are hilarious….dude was the most inconsistent player this team had for years. Melo is a far better contributor and it’s not even close.
Good for Kuz to ball on a crappy team with KCP and Harrell.
Melo was the right fit.

Don't pin me as a Kuz lover, bro. Check my receipts. It was a legitimate question that I thought I'd pose because I was truthfully torn. Get your labeling posters without warrant out of here.

Kiss my Converse.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:29 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:
cirehawk wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:
cirehawk wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
panamaniac wrote:
When you have a professional scorer like Melo coming off your bench you live with his faults.

Yes, especially if he is hot. He just can’t be your 4, we can hide his defense a little better at 3

Okay. Melo all day!

Kuz is killing it in Wash. He's rebounding like a mutha right now. Plus, he's infinitely better than Melo defensively. But with this particular team..I'm actually a bit torn....we'll see how long Melo can keep this offensive production up. But the truth is, Melo will always be a liability defensively.

Did you say Washington? I think that settles the debate. Also melo is vet min, Kuz is 13 mil

They're 4-1, we're 3-3. Eastern Conference blah, blah blah, bottom line Kuz and the Wiz are playing good ball.....much like AC and the Bulls.

What does that have to do with who is right for the lakers? Trezz is playing well too, do you miss him too? DS too. I am glad to see them doing well, but melo is a better fit for this lakers team

I actually do. Trez was severely misused while here. I'd much rather have him than the walking mummy DJ.

Kiss my Converse.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:31 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Cavs got a special player in Mobley. Kid is already contributing serious numbers.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:31 pm    Post subject:

EchoZulu wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:
cirehawk wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:
cirehawk wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
panamaniac wrote:

Okay. Melo all day!

Did you say Washington? I think that settles the debate. Also melo is vet min, Kuz is 13 mil

They're 4-1, we're 3-3. Eastern Conference blah, blah blah, bottom line Kuz and the Wiz are playing good ball.....much like AC and the Bulls.

What does that have to do with who is right for the lakers? Trezz is playing well too, do you miss him too? DS too. I am glad to see them doing well, but melo is a better fit for this lakers team

I actually do. Trez was severely misused while here. I'd much rather have him than the walking mummy DJ.

Salaries won’t work. I’d take Trezz +gasol over DAJ any day if the week especially with great passers we have in Wb, Rondo, Bron
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:37 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Melo definitely had a big game. Impressed with how he helped break this open late. He made it work. We'll see how he stands late season, but games like this one certainly help his cause.

Well, he's a wildcard with the 3 ball, which I'm fine with. He can go 6-8, or 1-7. Just really wish there was some way to consistently have him fit better on D.

Oh, no question on that. Same here. They made it work tonight, but yes he is a wildcard and I'd love to see Vogel figure out how to make him a better fit when games get tight in the playoffs.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:39 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
DrDent wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Melo definitely had a big game. Impressed with how he helped break this open late. He made it work. We'll see how he stands late season, but games like this one certainly help his cause.

Well, he's a wildcard with the 3 ball, which I'm fine with. He can go 6-8, or 1-7. Just really wish there was some way to consistently have him fit better on D.

Oh, no question on that. Same here. They made it work tonight, but yes he is a wildcard and I'd love to see Vogel figure out how to make him a better fit when games get tight in the playoffs.

When Melo is not hitting his shot, Vogel needs to have a short leash on him and give him few minutes. When he's hot like tonight, give him plenty of minutes.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:40 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Lakers win 113-101

Up and down game for most of the first 3 quarters until end of 3rd and into the 4th.

Lakers jumped up early 21-15; then we watched the familiar awful D show up as over an 8-9 minute span the Cavs would score 31 points and take a 46-39 lead. Some ugly sequences where Melo was getting caught in no man's land on D; Cavs also were going off with the PnR. Lakers tied it at 54 at half.

Second half opened with Cavs killing it with the PnR again and took a 9 point lead. Enough was enough, out went DJ and rest of game Vog primarily relied on Baze, AB, Reaves, AD, LBJ, Dwight to get the team's D going. After they plugged up the lane, Vog felt comfy using a Baze, AB, Melo, AD and LBJ lineup for a bit which worked quite well.

Overall, some positives to take. Cavs are actually are a solid team, so I consider this a nice win. Team came from behind and closed out with a double digit win.

Team has a long way to go, however. Plus, Russ is still a wildcard.

Russ going 19,6, &5 netting the “W” while he’s still figuring it out.
We’ll take that all day.

Avery going +30 definitely limits Russ minutes. Or hopefully just teaches the Brodie another way he can co-exist with Lebron and AD and still get his.

DJ needs to show some damn pride too and learn how Dwight plays alongside Lebron and AD. With DJ’s length and athleticism there’s no reason he shouldn’t be feasting playing alongside these elite playmakers.

Last edited by KingKobe20 on Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:42 pm    Post subject:

I think these type of games are the most replicable on a nightly basis. Play a close game throughout, and pull away at the end. You want something more dominant against a bad team, but the Lakers are still trying to find themselves.

Big runs are so commonplace nowadays. You see teams come back from big leads more often. If the Lakers make their run at the end, there’s no space to go into a lull where they completely let their guard down.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:08 pm    Post subject:

This Cavs team is decent - they have knocked off some good teams already. Young and hungry, withstood their early push and had some stretches of good defense once we stopped allowing all the dribble penetration from the guards (Reaves, AB were a big part of that)

My biggest complaint is the Jordan minutes, that lineup doesn’t work with him. Just no spacing. It’s fine with two shooters on the court but if you have LBJ/AD/Russ the court dimensions just don’t work. We got blasted in those stretches.

I don’t even blame Jordan, the fit just isn’t there with that group. You need to just start with AD at center and shift up someone else - I’d go with either Bradley or Reaves.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:38 pm    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
This Cavs team is decent - they have knocked off some good teams already. Young and hungry, withstood their early push and had some stretches of good defense once we stopped allowing all the dribble penetration from the guards (Reaves, AB were a big part of that)

My biggest complaint is the Jordan minutes, that lineup doesn’t work with him. Just no spacing. It’s fine with two shooters on the court but if you have LBJ/AD/Russ the court dimensions just don’t work. We got blasted in those stretches.

I don’t even blame Jordan, the fit just isn’t there with that group. You need to just start with AD at center and shift up someone else - I’d go with either Bradley or Reaves.

I really wish they'd do that sometimes and start AD when it's not a bruising type of center since I get he doesn't want to go up against anyone bigger then him in the regular season but it's borderline brutal watching DJ in some of these games especially when he's not gobbling up rebounds then it's just a complete waste that's limiting the other 4 guys as well. Or even realize it's not working out in the first half and adjust to having another shooter in the second half. Just making the game so much tougher when it's not necessary.

I agree it was still a very solid win though, the Cavs have played way beyond expectations thus far in this very early season. My biggest gripe of all with this game was the absolute zero eff's given defensive approach most of the players had much of the game.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:52 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Yo! If Melo can be a decent 3&D

Really? The D part..... Never in his 19 career has D been part of his game so why pine for that (bleep) now. Just be glad he gives us whatever he gives us offensively and hope that it continues. But be prepared for him to be an absolute sieve defensively moving forward.

Kiss my Converse.
Swagron12
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:02 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
Lebron is terrible tonight. Cant do anything on the floor.

26/3/8

You’re an idiot.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:09 am    Post subject:

EchoZulu wrote:
governator wrote:
Yo! If Melo can be a decent 3&D

Really? The D part..... Never in his 19 career has D been part of his game so why pine for that (bleep) now. Just be glad he gives us whatever he gives us offensively and hope that it continues. But be prepared for him to be an absolute sieve defensively moving forward.

lol yea, hoping for a season where he doesn't get burned too much on D so he can stay on the floor, my money on him being our best shooter
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:42 am    Post subject:

#LogoLeBron #LogoBron

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1454297131989102593
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:46 am    Post subject:

EchoZulu wrote:
cirehawk wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:
cirehawk wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
panamaniac wrote:

Okay. Melo all day!

He is absolutely not my friend. It's all an illusion. He's shooting:

FT = 50% (Terrible)
FG = 42% (Average)
3PT = 30.3% (Terrible)

He is wildly inefficient, playing massive minutes, shooting with no regard, and grabbing stats in garbage time on a garbage team.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:50 am    Post subject:

EchoZulu wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:
cirehawk wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:
cirehawk wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
panamaniac wrote:

Okay. Melo all day!

Kuz has no expectations and barely any eyes on him. The lights were too bright in LA. Prefer Melo. KCP is the only player I wouldn’t mind back. Don’t miss Kuz.

Kuz lovers are hilarious….dude was the most inconsistent player this team had for years. Melo is a far better contributor and it’s not even close.
Good for Kuz to ball on a crappy team with KCP and Harrell.
Melo was the right fit.

Don't pin me as a Kuz lover, bro. Check my receipts. It was a legitimate question that I thought I'd pose because I was truthfully torn. Get your labeling posters without warrant out of here.

I wasn’t pinning on you. My apologies. I was generalizing but I guess responding to your post makes it seem like I was calling you out.
Al13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:34 am    Post subject:

Startrout wrote:
I think Monk and Melo are going to find themselves out of the line up soon. We’re better without them. Their offense doesn’t not makeup for their complete failure on defense, especially Melo. I don’t see Ellington getting much play either when he returns. No D just doesn’t work.

That looks pretty stupid right now…
Al13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:38 am    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
Like I said Reeves

You like him so much, you can‘t even spell his name right.
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:36 am    Post subject:

They put way more effort into this one than the last lol
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:20 am    Post subject:

Highlights
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:21 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
#LogoLeBron #LogoBron

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1454297131989102593

At 24 Hour Fitness this morning my son and I did the Logo Lebron challenge.
Best of 5 shots from deep, loser does 3 suicide sprints nonstop.
I went 1 for 5. My son 2/5.

Obviously not easy since we aren’t Lebron Freakin’ James and
we don’t have access to private gyms 24/7 to launch these haymaker threes all damn day 😂🤣😂

🦁👑🏀
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:43 am    Post subject:

Despite all the great highlights last night,
this was my Favorite play of the game.

AD 👋👋👋
cirehawk
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:42 am    Post subject:

EchoZulu wrote:
cirehawk wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:
cirehawk wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
panamaniac wrote:

Okay. Melo all day!

"Killing" it? I'll give you that his rebounding is better than Melo's (11 RPG vs 4 RPG), but look at every other category.

Scoring? 15.9 PPG for Melo vs 15.2 PPG for Kuz, so virtually even.

Overall FG%? 48.2% for Melo vs 42% for Kuz. Melo a lot better.

3-Pt FG%? 50% for Melo vs 30.3% for Kuz. Again, Melo dramatically better.

Assists, steal and block statistics are virtually identical.

I can't speak for Kuz's defense this year, but I don't think swapping him in for Melo would improve this team's defense much at all. But it would certainly hurt the offense because of Kuz's inconsistent and inefficient scoring.

So I re-iterate, for this team I'll take Melo all day.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Melo is not only is a more impactful player than Kuz he's a much better value at 20% of the salary Kuz makes.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:25 pm    Post subject:

Y'all watch. These ol geezers gonna come to life and SHOCK DA WORLD!!

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 28 of 29
Jump to: