*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Oklahoma City Thunder (11/04/21 @ 7:30 pm PT) Gm#9 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cirehawk
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:35 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
cirehawk wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Westbrook +6 and AD -12?....

Baze/Monk/Rondo/Ellington combined for a total of 7 points in 60minutes....

Why everyone blaming Westbrook?

Because +/- is often a pretty meaningless stat. Malik Monk was +6 too. Did he impact the game at all?

There's a reason I only posted Westbrook and AD, both those guys played heavy minutes so +/- is more telling about them.

Also I watched that last second 3 by Russ. Melo was on the other side of the court and Reaves man was right on Melo when he starting to curl. Not sure what Reaves was doing there instead of clearing out.

Fair enough. Let's compare WB and Melo since they both had heavy minutes. WHo would you say had a better game?
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Kobetan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
This lose hopefully wakes the team up, I don’t want us to be in a position were we are making trade scenarios or asking Vogel to be fired, I want this team to win the championship really bad we just gotta hope it gets figured out.

Nothing will wake the team up unfortunately.

They are a vet team with championship aspirations, so if the previous OKC loss didn't wake them up, no way this one does.

Don’t be so sure, and it’s not a coincidence that our leader was out in both games were we lost to the OKC Thunder, I said it before and I will say it again leaders find a way to help there team propel to a win even though the Rockets games were tough LeBron being there made things more relaxing because you know we will find a way at the end.
Tell it!
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:41 pm    Post subject:

cirehawk wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
cirehawk wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

Because +/- is often a pretty meaningless stat. Malik Monk was +6 too. Did he impact the game at all?

There's a reason I only posted Westbrook and AD, both those guys played heavy minutes so +/- is more telling about them.

Also I watched that last second 3 by Russ. Melo was on the other side of the court and Reaves man was right on Melo when he starting to curl. Not sure what Reaves was doing there instead of clearing out.

Fair enough. Let's compare WB and Melo since they both had heavy minutes. WHo would you say had a better game?

I think both their games tonight were good but they were being judged on what happened on the last minute. Melo knocked down a couple shots on a game that we were still losing. Russ missed the big shot to the tie the game reason all the fingers are pointed at him. But both guys were both played a role reason we were there in the first place. Vogel killed all that with his weird rotation like always.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:45 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
cirehawk wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
cirehawk wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

I think both their games tonight were good but they were being judged on what happened on the last minute. Melo knocked down a couple shots on a game that we were still losing. Russ missed the big shot to the tie the game reason all the fingers are pointed at him.

Russ also forgot his man on defense leading to OKC going up by 4. Russ also had two crucial turnovers during this time. Russ also took the last shot when we had Melo. Yeah he was guarded so what? I'd take a Melo contested 3 over WB all day. We had 7 seconds to make a play reallt the best WB could do was chuck it himself?
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:48 pm    Post subject:

I think it's crazy we are expecting a 37 year old Lebron to be the difference maker in the lakers winning a chip. 37 year old Lebron isn't magically make teammates better defenders. 37 years old and we are still dependent on this man to win against lottery teams.

How is that not a red alarm across the board.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:51 pm    Post subject:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.silverscreenandroll.com/platform/amp/2021/11/4/22764849/lakers-vs-thunder-final-score-recap-russell-westbrook-anthony-davis
phantasyman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
This lose hopefully wakes the team up, I don’t want us to be in a position were we are making trade scenarios or asking Vogel to be fired, I want this team to win the championship really bad we just gotta hope it gets figured out.

LOL. Wake up?! So giving up the 26 point lead to the same team whose only wins have been against you don't wake you up?! C'mon, let's be real here. This team is garbage. They definitely won't win the chip this year. They just aren't on the same page defensively. I mean if OKC can exploit them, imagine when you have Milwaukee, Phoenix, GS running the pick n roll. Lakers gonna get destroyed
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:52 pm    Post subject:

TMG wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
cirehawk wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
cirehawk wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

I think both their games tonight were good but they were being judged on what happened on the last minute. Melo knocked down a couple shots on a game that we were still losing. Russ missed the big shot to the tie the game reason all the fingers are pointed at him.

Russ also forgot his man on defense leading to OKC going up by 4. Russ also had two crucial turnovers during this time. Russ also took the last shot when we had Melo. Yeah he was guarded so what? I'd take a Melo contested 3 over WB all day. We had 7 seconds to make a play reallt the best WB could do was chuck it himself?

Russ only had 1 turnover... Lakers only had 1 in the 4th. Russ had to take the last shot as he was waiting for Melo to curl around but Reaves man was on his way.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:02 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
TMG wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
cirehawk wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
cirehawk wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

Russ only had 1 turnover... Lakers only had 1 in the 4th. Russ had to take the last shot as he was waiting for Melo to curl around but Reaves man was on his way.

My bad 1 crucial turnover and a botched defensive assignment. Hope that clears it up.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:03 pm    Post subject:

The scoring drought to start the 4th was the reason.
baze/Monk/ rondo were all useless today
phantasyman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:07 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
The scoring drought to start the 4th was the reason.
baze/Monk/ rondo were all useless today

They been practically useless altogether so far. Someone will ultimately get released and Lakers will look again for the buyout, further fracturing the chemistry like they did they Andre Drummond. Pelinka needs to go, Vogel needs to go. If Lakers don't win, which I am quite confident they won't, it blow it up and rebuild
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Baze/Monk/Rondo were useless today, and Westbrook sealed the deal at a time when team salary leaders shine by hogging the ball, getting lost on defense and making stupid decisions when we had teammates nailing clutch 3's.

Yeah all 4 of them sucked tonight.

Melo and Reaves played well. Howard had a good game. So did Bradley.

LeBron makes a huge difference.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:14 pm    Post subject:

The lacking of a back up 4 is killing us. Putting melo at the 4 cost us another game because we had to double team their bigs. Without lebron, melo was the only option.
Imagine if we had someone like Kieff? We can slide melo to 3 and make baze/monk go to the bench.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:44 pm    Post subject:

December 10th rematch in OKC where the Thunder will try to improve to 3-0 against us 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

No need to mention Lebron’s presence. We should of beat the Thunder both times without him.

@Portland

Next 5 at Home:

Hornets
Heat
Twolves
Spurs
Bulls

No back to backs’.

Really hoping THT, Nunn, and Trev are close to returning.
We need a spark most definitely
phantasyman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:46 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
The lacking of a back up 4 is killing us. Putting melo at the 4 cost us another game because we had to double team their bigs. Without lebron, melo was the only option.
Imagine if we had someone like Kieff? We can slide melo to 3 and make baze/monk go to the bench.

Oh, so Markieff is the make or break to this game?! LOL
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:03 pm    Post subject:

phantasyman wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Oh, so Markieff is the make or break to this game?! LOL

Not just Kieff, any decent 4 would be ok.
AD’s life would be much easier with a power forward along side him. Melo at the 4 is layup line for the other team while we had to keep baze on the court. Obviously this is when lebron is out. I believe Kieff would’ve made a difference in these 2 OKC games.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:08 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:

I wanted Kieff to come back too but I believe Melo and Trev was his replacement.

An speaking of Trevor I know relying on him to come back and be a difference maker isn’t full proof as he is 36 years old and has showed some signs of being washed.
If he could just remain healthy , his role here playing alongside our Big 3/4 would be perfect for his style of play.

Tough defensive minded player and can hit the open three. Basically another Bazemore just taller and probably more consistent from beyond the arch.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:13 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

I wanted Kieff to come back too but I believe Melo and Trev was his replacement.

An speaking of Trevor I know relying on him to come back and be a difference maker isn’t full proof as he is 36 years old and has showed some signs of being washed.
If he could just remain healthy , his role here playing alongside our Big 3/4 would be perfect for his style of play.

Tough defensive minded player and can hit the open three. Basically another Bazemore just taller and probably more consistent from beyond the arch.

Melo already showed he can’t be a 4 especially with AD at 5, don’t get me wrong, melo has been playing great, but with him on the court, the other team simply do a high PNR with AD and as soon as ad switches, they attack the paint, layup drill and we gave up offense rebounds too. Lebron at the 4 can work, but not melo.
In regards to Ariza, I can see him being a good wing, but I can’t see him being a good 4 we need. Melo is much stronger, but still not getting it done. Most of OKc’s 3s were wide open due to our double teaming
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:14 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

All reports so far are that Trev is nowhere near returning.
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:05 am    Post subject:

It's good to have all the weaknesses exposed early in the season.
Clippers are 3-4, Bucks 4-4, Beltics 4-5. Those teams were supposedly above 500. Lakers with all the minuses are still above 500 without full strength. Too much to complain.
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:20 am    Post subject:

Only 9 games in, so I’ll reserve complete judgment, but Lord, we look awful.

Our wins have come 2/5 wins against maybe the worst team in the league overall and barely beating the other 3.

A win is a win, but I think we have serious cause for concern.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:06 am    Post subject:

Highlights
MagicMamba88
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:51 am    Post subject:

DJ https://twitter.com/pickuphoop/status/1456520541167292451

Rondo https://twitter.com/UnwrittenRul3s/status/1456521165455773698
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:13 am    Post subject:

moonriver24 wrote:
It's good to have all the weaknesses exposed early in the season.
Clippers are 3-4, Bucks 4-4, Beltics 4-5. Those teams were supposedly above 500. Lakers with all the minuses are still above 500 without full strength. Too much to complain.

But Lakers could easily be 7-2 while playing poorly if they don’t CHOKED away the two OKC games in grand fashion.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:19 am    Post subject:

Just notice both our bigs posted a + last night and AD at -14… Maybe it’s time to play Dwight/DJ more and have AD only play 5 to close out.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 22 of 23
Jump to: