*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Portland Trailblazers (11/06/21 @ 7:30 pm PT) Gm#10 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:00 pm    Post subject:

These Lakers can barely beat bad teams, no surprises
here.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:03 pm    Post subject:

I still believe if Lebron can stay healthy (and right now that’s a huge question mark) he automatically makes every single player on the roster much better. Even Russ.

Same can be said for AD but yeah to state the obvious he’s still no Lebron
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:10 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
I still believe if Lebron can stay healthy (and right now that’s a huge question mark) he automatically makes every single player on the roster much better. Even Russ.

If LeBron (and everyone else who plays) gets and stays healthy I think we'll be fine in the long run.

Key injuries really destroy your attempts at building chemistry, cohesiveness, confidence and consistent, coherent rotations and lienups.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

Once more for the fans in the back

Vogel... has...no...offense....

His offense is "let the stars do what they want and it will work out and I will focus on defense."

Well the defense sucks this year, and he already sucks at offense so..... We have to basically depend on our stars to make stuff happen because Vogel has no clue how to draw up an actual offense and he decided we didn't need an offensive assistant on this team. So if you're looking for structure or constant roles, you will get none.
Zillethai
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Westbrook messed around and almost got a triple double
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:13 pm    Post subject:

I am straight-up not having a good time
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:16 pm    Post subject:

BlueNGold wrote:
I am straight-up not having a good time

Not gonna be fun until we have a full heathy team out there. So that might now happen for another month… But this team is still heavy reliant on Lebron being healthy.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:18 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

If LeBron (and everyone else who plays) gets and stays healthy I think we'll be fine in the long run.

Key injuries really destroy your attempts at building chemistry, cohesiveness, confidence and consistent, coherent rotations and lienups.

Agreed 💯
And it’s perfectly normally for the majority of us to lose our (bleep) especially LG 😂🤣😂 during this horrible start but at the end of the day we’re 5-5 with 72 games to go.
bertrome
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:19 pm    Post subject:

Thought this had the makings of a Portland beatdown. Placed a bet on Blazers -5.5 and won some money.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:21 pm    Post subject:

Lakers without LeBron were struggling.. but Davis going down with a stomach illness was a straight killer for the team, we need Davis or LeBron playing in any game to give us a chance because our team isn’t constructed in a way were we can survive without our big guns and it showed, Vogel needs to do a better job preparing the team before the game, Westbrook needs to stop playing like a idiot.. I still have hope.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:24 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
slavavov wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Agreed 💯
And it’s perfectly normally for the majority of us to lose our (bleep) especially LG 😂🤣😂 during this horrible start but at the end of the day we’re 5-5 with 72 games to go.

So true. I'm amazed at the hateful, reflexive comments about Westbrook just in this thread, acting as if he's the devil.

It's just one game. Yes, a disastrous one, but one in which we were without our two best players.

Let's just try to be at least 1% better than we were yesterday.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:29 pm    Post subject:

bertrome wrote:
Thought this had the makings of a Portland beatdown. Placed a bet on Blazers -5.5 and won some money.

I always relish the rare occasion when we hand Portland an L at the Rose Garden or whatever the (bleep) it's called these days, but I'm glad you got paid
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:30 pm    Post subject:

I caught the beginning of the game and then went into a concert. So I didn't see any of this debacle. For this I am grateful.
bertrome
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:34 pm    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:
bertrome wrote:

I always relish the rare occasion when we hand Portland an L at the Rose Garden or whatever the (bleep) it's called these days, but I'm glad you got paid

Thanks, believe me I would've been ecstatic to lose money if somehow the Lakers won tonight.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:43 pm    Post subject:

windycitycane wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
I get it they play with whatever they have available but Vogel and Fizdale gotta show me something more than this garbage.

I’m leaning towards the fire these guys ship..... an I’m a big Vogel supporter throughout these past 2 seasons.

Maybe it was all Lionel Hollins and Jason Kidd during our title run????

Defense and heart with a team that played together won us that title.

Then we blew it up.

This team is an entitled nothing.

One of the biggest mistakes Pelinka has made was not making sure Dwight knew we wanted him back... am I right.. no calls or asking for a signature etc and well, the 76ers called and signed him

Not finding a way to get Lowry
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:49 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
This team is trash man

That “Leave a Legacy” motto has taken on a new meaning.

They are what they are right now, big time garbage even with Lebron.

Lebron has to save the day against trash, lottery teams.

Against anyone average or better, the Lakers have yet to demonstrate they won’t get blown out.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Lakers lose 105-90

Final score deceiving, they were being beaten by 30+ going into the 4th. Absolute embarrassment.

As we knew, no LBJ, THT, Nunn (and of course Ariza). AD then joined the no show with I believe some stomach illness. Then Russ joined the no show by actually playing, but playing like absolute trash, so may as well have been a no show...an incredible 1-13.

You know, you could expect a loss, but the overall play for most of the game was pathetic. Team made it interesting in second quarter with some decent D...but could not get a bucket consistently.

Shrug. I suppose only one way to go from here...ya? Maybe?
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:15 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
I caught the beginning of the game and then went into a concert. So I didn't see any of this debacle. For this I am grateful.

Watching this team right now is giving me shades of pre-LBJ team...pretty much expecting losses, surprised at wins. Depressing.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:19 pm    Post subject:

That sucked!

Getting tired of seeing my Lakers getting outworked and having no idea passion or intensity.

I really disliked several players on the roster before the season season after and knew they would struggle. But this is ridiculous!
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:28 pm    Post subject:

And so it begins...

I'll say it again. This is just the beginning of the end. I'm already for a repeat of 2012. We have no first round picks and little assets left. Along with an incompetent front office just like in 2012, we're gonna become irrelevant again.
phantasyman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:44 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
And so it begins...

I'll say it again. This is just the beginning of the end. I'm already for a repeat of 2012. We have no first round picks and little assets left. Along with an incompetent front office just like in 2012, we're gonna become irrelevant again.

Good. It's time for a rebuild anyways. Question is who will be our centerpiece. AD just isn't panning out with his injury prone self. Maybe we can trade him for a some promising youth.
Big Shot Bob
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:47 am    Post subject:

Remember when all those morons said that being 0-6 in the preseason and not coming close to winning one game wasn’t concerning?

Well if you said that, you’re a moron.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:05 am    Post subject:

phantasyman wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
And so it begins...

Good. It's time for a rebuild anyways. Question is who will be our centerpiece. AD just isn't panning out with his injury prone self. Maybe we can trade him for a some promising youth.

Chicago has some good young players…maybe trade him home so Bulls nation can finally realize their dream of AD in a Bulls uniform.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:09 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
phantasyman wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
And so it begins...

Chicago has some good young players…maybe trade him home so Bulls nation can finally realize their dream of AD in a Bulls uniform.

Well there's one guy on the bulls who said he wanted to play for the Lakers, Derozan. But they are playing so well there, instant chemistry.
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:47 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Once more for the fans in the back

Vogel... has...no...offense....

His offense is "let the stars do what they want and it will work out and I will focus on defense."

Well the defense sucks this year, and he already sucks at offense so..... We have to basically depend on our stars to make stuff happen because Vogel has no clue how to draw up an actual offense and he decided we didn't need an offensive assistant on this team. So if you're looking for structure or constant roles, you will get none.

^^This.^^

And, been saying this exact same thing, since our championship run. Most fans thought it was worth it, for another title. But, the long term implications were never promising. Especially with AD not showing the fortitude, mental or physical, to be a number 1 guy. Only thing looking good for the future is THT, and Reaves.

That said, I'm not out on this squad. Just need to trim some players (Monk/Ellington), for some better fits, if available. And, get healthier. Oh, and lose Vogel while we're at it, if possible.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 21 of 22
Jump to: