*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Minnesota Timberwolves (11/12/21 @ 7:30 pm PT) Gm#13 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Now watch the clippers come in here and beat the Wolves by 27 points.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:09 pm    Post subject:

Lakers stats:
29-82FG (35.4%); 9-41 3Pt (22.0)
20 TO's
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:09 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:

they’re still listening to their coach
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:10 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:

I won’t be surprised, ever since KAT came to the NBA he has always stepped up when he’s played with the Lakers, if you see him in other games he’s probably this big tall finesse guy who is putting up nice stats, the T-Wolves knew this was a good opportunity for them to get a win before facing a red-hot Clippers team.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:12 pm    Post subject:

I mean, where do you go from here????
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:13 pm    Post subject:

I realize we gave up a lot in the Russell Westbrook trade I think the organization needs to have the guts to realize and act on the fact that this was not a good fit and rework this team at the Trade deadline what’s the rest Brooke is not it for this team
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Russell Westbrook turn the ball over too much to be our league ball handler
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:14 pm    Post subject:

AD said it pretty well, we suck now, and it is frustrating that we don’t get a chance to see how the full team does while losing.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:15 pm    Post subject:

What the (bleep) did I just watch?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:18 pm    Post subject:

One step forward and two steps back.

I don’t know if they expect teams to quit at halftime and bow down to the team of hall of famers.

This team isn’t even close to the class of the league. GS is blowing teams out, suns are starting to win convincingly too.

Even the Clippers without a top 3-5 player are streaking.

Vogel is not getting this team to play out of halftime. 4th quarter comebacks aren’t going to keep coming and it’s sad how much this team depends on Lebron to save their ass against (bleep) teams no less.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:26 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Was a tough watch.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:37 pm    Post subject:

And this can’t all be because Lebron is out…right?
If so, he should win the MVP every single year…
Davis is not a leader…Westbrook either…

I kind of think we need a hard nosed coach..
Vogel sucks…
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:43 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Lakers get their heads handed to them 107-83.

Up 49-44 at the half, proceeded to get blown off the floor in the third, at one point outscored 29-4.

Team basically just quit. Not really much else to say. Oddly enough, Russ and AD were a combined 14-24, for 44 points. Actually not too shabby, but Lakers starters a combined -101. Yikes.

Maybe starting AD at the 5 is not such a good idea? Was Jordan hurt?

Coach's decision. Honestly, Jordan is a fluff cake once he gets walked to the perimeter...opponents dive to the basket and he cant keep up. Only way he has value, imo, is if Vog elects to go Zone and have him plod around the basket to defend.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:45 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:

Vogel sucks…

What can you do when Melo/Monk/Baze/Bradley/Ellington shots for 8/41?
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:45 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

A complete and utter $#!^ show.

What's hilarious is I met my Celtic fan buddy for drinkers before the game and he was saying how we have a cake walk next 2 games...I looked him straight in the eye and said there are no cake walks for the Lakers, and dont be surprised if they are getting scored on in the 3rd.

Ayup. Predictable.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:48 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
DrDent wrote:

Up 49-44 at the half, proceeded to get blown off the floor in the third, at one point outscored 29-4.

Team basically just quit. Not really much else to say. Oddly enough, Russ and AD were a combined 14-24, for 44 points. Actually not too shabby, but Lakers starters a combined -101. Yikes.

Coach's decision. Honestly, Jordan is a fluff cake once he gets walked to the perimeter...opponents dive to the basket and he cant keep up. Only way he has value, imo, is if Vog elects to go Zone and have him plod around the basket to defend.

Jordan I think gets criticized unfairly in here. He has posted a 101 drtg for season so far and have been a positive on both OBPM and DBPM... I mean he's been decent on the time he is in there and not really hurting the team.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:50 pm    Post subject:

How does this team trail by 30 at home to a team like the T'Wolves with all talent on this team. Yes, I understand we don't have Lebron but damn.....
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:50 pm    Post subject:

Minnesota needs to hope the Blazers and Memphis fall out for them to get in and I think there is a good chance that happens especially if Lillard is traded and the Grizzles show there inexperience.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:52 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
I realize we gave up a lot in the Russell Westbrook trade I think the organization needs to have the guts to realize and act on the fact that this was not a good fit and rework this team at the Trade deadline what’s the rest Brooke is not it for this team

WB is untradeable. Unless we dump him for an equally useless contract like John Wall. Or add in assets to try to get someone to take his thankfully short term deal. Just have to hope Lebron and getting some healthy players will mask his horrific weaknesses.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:52 pm    Post subject:

What a gutless performance!

Where is the desire to compete? Just lazily going through the motions while your opponent laughs in your face and beats you by 30pts at home.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:01 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
DrDent wrote:

Jordan I think gets criticized unfairly in here. He has posted a 101 drtg for season so far and have been a positive on both OBPM and DBPM... I mean he's been decent on the time he is in there and not really hurting the team.

Completely disagree. I've seen him get abused once he gets dragged out there. He is slow as hell. Outside of drop coverage only (where he is open to tear drops, etc) or zoning, he is a liability when Vog wants switchers.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:05 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
DrDent wrote:

Completely disagree. I've seen him get abused once he gets dragged out there. He is slow as hell. Outside of drop coverage only (where he is open to tear drops, etc) or zoning, he is a liability when Vog wants switchers.

This whole team is a liability when it comes to switches. But if you want AD to breakdown at some point playing him at full 5 then so be it.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:20 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
DrDent wrote:

This whole team is a liability when it comes to switches. But if you want AD to breakdown at some point playing him at full 5 then so be it.

It's not that miggz, the other part of the issue is how Vog is insistent on not, for example, zoning more. Spoelstra and Nurse heavily utilize zones in their schemes, but Frank thumbs his nose at such schemes, yet those coaches have also won rings. If he utilized that more with DAJ, we're having a different discussion.
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:28 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Vogel sucks…

What can you do when Melo/Monk/Baze/Bradley/Ellington shots for 8/41?

How about having our 2 "superstars" take over the game like they're suppose too? I mean that's why they get paid the big bucks right?
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:43 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
DrDent wrote:

It's not that miggz, the other part of the issue is how Vog is insistent on not, for example, zoning more. Spoelstra and Nurse heavily utilize zones in their schemes, but Frank thumbs his nose at such schemes, yet those coaches have also won rings. If he utilized that more with DAJ, we're having a different discussion.

I get what you’re saying and that’s up to Vogel to understand strength and weaknesses of his players on the Defensive end. It seems like he just throws in some random line up at times and hoping AD at the 5 would cover it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 21 of 22
Jump to: