Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:05 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^
It was a fumble for sure, the ball starts to move before his arm hits down. He was losing control of it before he was down.

Idk, even if the ball appears to be moving it was still pinned between his arm and his body. It didn’t come out until he hit the turf - to me it was a questionable call. That being said, as a Steelers fan that sort of felt like a loss. Steelers we’re very fortunate to escape with a win.

If I had to make the call I'd say the ball was moving and the ground caused the fumble. If I have it right, the ground can't cause a fumble but if the ball's moving the runner didn't have control making it a live ball. LINK

I could see how a lot of people would make that call - but to me it seems the ball wasn’t really loose till he hit the floor - I think it’s close either way
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:45 am    Post subject:

Cam Newton back to the Panthers.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:36 am    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^
It was a fumble for sure, the ball starts to move before his arm hits down. He was losing control of it before he was down.

Idk, even if the ball appears to be moving it was still pinned between his arm and his body. It didn’t come out until he hit the turf - to me it was a questionable call. That being said, as a Steelers fan that sort of felt like a loss. Steelers we’re very fortunate to escape with a win.

If I had to make the call I'd say the ball was moving and the ground caused the fumble. If I have it right, the ground can't cause a fumble but if the ball's moving the runner didn't have control making it a live ball. LINK

I could see how a lot of people would make that call - but to me it seems the ball wasn’t really loose till he hit the floor - I think it’s close either way

Once the ball moved from the arms to the hip, now he has to re-establish control.

There wasn’t enough time for him to re-establish control.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:04 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Cleveland releasing OBJ.....didn't the Rams just have WR roster spot open up?

If the Rams pick him up I think it would make them a double WR threat alongside Kupp. Odel bears watching when he's on the field though he does drop a lot of balls. His one-hand catch made him famous. I think he may be a bit overrated.

You called it...wow!!!! Rams are stacked.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:23 pm    Post subject:

I'm really surprised he chose the Rams, but maybe they are willing to put Van Jefferson to the backburner until next season, although I'm sure they'll run some 4-WR sets too, and perhaps they'll get him on the field in some 3-WR sets to give the other 3 guys a breather. Still, I figured he would go to a team that could perhaps offer more opportunity. Maybe the LA locale heavily swayed him, as well.

Newton back to the Panthers is ironic, but I can at least applaud them for trying to do something to make the playoffs. As I have discussed, 9 wins could very likely get you in, and they have a good defense. Perhaps he can manage games enough to get them there. He'll probably start as soon as next week.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Cam can still run very well, though his passing was awful last season. There were definitely lingering injury issues in his shoulder that altered his mechanics. He was bouncing passes last season, that wasn't a muscle memory issue. But having Cam around might help the Panthers make that last playoff spot; the bar is set pretty low.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:39 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Cam Newton back to the Panthers.

and another USC QB back to the bench.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:54 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:

If the Rams pick him up I think it would make them a double WR threat alongside Kupp. Odel bears watching when he's on the field though he does drop a lot of balls. His one-hand catch made him famous. I think he may be a bit overrated.

totally agree... that one-handed catch made him, and ultimately, is dragging him down. sometimes, I watch him, and he seems too eager to catch passes single-handed when he can easily use both hands to make a clean catch.

he's been a bit overrated maybe, but right now, he's got a chip on his shoulders, I expect him to strive to make doubters wrong with the Rams. downside, he's not the guy he used to be health-wise.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:06 am    Post subject:

It appears OBJ will make back most (perhaps all) of the money he lost by forcing his release. Playoffs are nice and all, but the teams in the running needed the cap space to make this possible.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:08 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:

totally agree... that one-handed catch made him, and ultimately, is dragging him down. sometimes, I watch him, and he seems too eager to catch passes single-handed when he can easily use both hands to make a clean catch.

he's been a bit overrated maybe, but right now, he's got a chip on his shoulders, I expect him to strive to make doubters wrong with the Rams. downside, he's not the guy he used to be health-wise.

Explosive and dynamic as a Giant.

I can't state if he has the same gears anymore - especially currently post ACL - but pre-ACL I can't help but wonder what happened with him and Mayfield.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:20 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:

he will be wide open. Sean better start leaning on the running game a bit more. . Woods, Cupp now Odell will pull guys from line.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:51 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Beckham was the 4th receiver on Cleveland based on production, he could very well be the 4th on the Rams based on production. Not a game changing move.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:36 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Beckham was the 4th receiver on Cleveland based on production, he could very well be the 4th on the Rams based on production. Not a game changing move.

He was the 4th receiver in Cleveland based on production because he wasn't targeted. He'd be open and Mayfield wouldn't throw him the ball. That's the reason he wanted out of Cleveland. OBJ is going to a team with a great receiving core. He'll have to fit in. How McVay uses him and how he accepts his use will carry the day.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:10 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:

He was the 4th receiver in Cleveland based on production because he wasn't targeted. He'd be open and Mayfield wouldn't throw him the ball. That's the reason he wanted out of Cleveland. OBJ is going to a team with a great receiving core. He'll have to fit in. How McVay uses him and how he accepts his use will carry the day.

Well that OBJ signing might prove to be more important than previously thought. Robert Woods tore his ACL during practice on Friday.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:07 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Well that OBJ signing might prove to be more important than previously thought. Robert Woods tore his ACL during practice on Friday.

This is a chance to see if OBJ has anything left in the football tank. From the frying pan.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:40 am    Post subject:

Funny how this slipped under the radar

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/11/13/ben-roethlisberger-is-out-for-sunday-with-covid/#comments

Quote:
Ben Roethlisberger is out for Sunday with COVID

The Steelers will have to try to win their fifth game in a row without their starting quarterback.

According to Steelers spokesman Burt Lauten, quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has been placed on the COVID-19 reserve list. He’s out for Sunday’s game against the Lions.

Roethlisberger becomes the second high-profile quarterback to miss a game this month due to COVID. If he’s vaccinated, he’ll be able to return after generating a pair of negative tests at least 24 hours apart. If he’s not vaccinated, he’ll miss at least 10 days.

Last week, Roethlisberger said he’s vaccinated. (Then again, so did Aaron Rodgers.) If Roethlisberger truly is vaccinated, the outcome suggests that he developed symptoms and was tested.

The backup in Pittsburgh is Mason Rudolph. He’ll likely get the eleventh-hour start against the winless Lions.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:54 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/11/13/ben-roethlisberger-is-out-for-sunday-with-covid/#comments

Quote:

The Steelers will have to try to win their fifth game in a row without their starting quarterback.

According to Steelers spokesman Burt Lauten, quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has been placed on the COVID-19 reserve list. He’s out for Sunday’s game against the Lions.

Roethlisberger becomes the second high-profile quarterback to miss a game this month due to COVID. If he’s vaccinated, he’ll be able to return after generating a pair of negative tests at least 24 hours apart. If he’s not vaccinated, he’ll miss at least 10 days.

Last week, Roethlisberger said he’s vaccinated. (Then again, so did Aaron Rodgers.) If Roethlisberger truly is vaccinated, the outcome suggests that he developed symptoms and was tested.

The backup in Pittsburgh is Mason Rudolph. He’ll likely get the eleventh-hour start against the winless Lions.

Once again you miss the point. People getting vaccinated are taking a proactive role in minimizing the effects if they get COVID. The vaccine doesn't make you invincible nor does it prevent you from getting sick. What it does is it minimizes the death rate of people who get the virus.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:59 am    Post subject:

[quote="lakersken80"]
Basketball Fan wrote:

Quote:

Once again you miss the point. People getting vaccinated are taking a proactive role in minimizing the effects if they get COVID. The vaccine doesn't make you invincible nor does it prevent you from getting sick. What it does is it minimizes the death rate of people who get the virus.[/quote

Well there's a player on the Vikings hospitalized for COVID and he took the vaccine.

The real point is that this vaccine isn't a one size fits all for everyone. Aaron Rodgers took Ivermectin and has returned to the lineup today. It seems to have worked for him at least and maybe not other people. Isn't it possible that maybe there are alternate treatments that could work for some people and if so why can't that be an option.

I don't see why this is so controversial if its really about health...
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Pats on a 4 game win streak and beating teams pretty soundly. They've yet to play Buffalo, who are ahead in the AFC east. Those games will be a lot of fun.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:43 pm    Post subject:

The Bengals had a productive bye week their opponents lost/tied.

The Steelers are awful without Ben Roethlisberger(and he hasn't even been that great this year either)

The Colts won an ugly game(made it way closer than it should've been) but its still a win.

The Saints couldn't do us a favor and beat the Titans...

Good job Football Team beating the Bucs even if I don't like you.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:

Who's "us"?
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:30 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

Who's "us"?

Us= Colts
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:

Well there's a player on the Vikings hospitalized for COVID and he took the vaccine.

That's very rare. And there are people who die in car wrecks even though they were wearing seatbelt. The exceptions to safety protocols are not valid arguments against those safety protocols.

Quote:
The real point is that this vaccine isn't a one size fits all for everyone. Aaron Rodgers took Ivermectin and has returned to the lineup today. It seems to have worked for him at least and maybe not other people.

A perfect example of how correlation does not equate to causation. As has been explained in this thread (with cited evidence), Ivermectin has not been proven to be effective against COVID and in fact has been pulled from use where it was tried. Please stop with false equivalence such as that one.

Quote:
Isn't it possible that maybe there are alternate treatments that could work for some people and if so why can't that be an option.

I don't see why this is so controversial if its really about health...

Because those "alternate treatments" haven't proven to be effective, and when they are used as a justification for not getting vaccinated, it puts other people at risk.

It's pretty simple concept that's truly "about health".
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:27 am    Post subject:

Mahomes has finally gotten it into his head to take what the defense is giving him. He's not forcing the ball downfield. KC is back on track.

2 deep leaves the short game wide open. Patience is the keyword.

Last edited by jodeke on Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:58 am    Post subject:

Apparently the "blueprint" to beat Mahomes was to simply light up his hapless defense. When they don't play like pushovers and Pat isn't forced to push the ball downfield every drive, it's a different ballgame.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 333, 334, 335  Next
Page 93 of 335
Jump to: