OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1882, 1883, 1884

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 29 May 2002
Posts: 55663

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:08 am    Post subject:

How do the Pels get a healthy Zion and are 4-5? Thought Gentry was a problem, yet they changed coaches and still having issues even beating a Hornet team.

Ingram is playing very well, his O rating is an impressive 117, and his numbers remain all-star worthy.

Could be that Zion/Ingram do not compliment each other that well, yet? I have not seen enough to really say I could know, but historically an all-star wing and another high usage power forward have not faired great in the past. They are a team that screams out to me that needed someone like CP3. Wonder why they did not go after him, the Suns will be a western conference contender due to that move.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2017
Posts: 2184

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:44 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
How do the Pels get a healthy Zion and are 4-5? Thought Gentry was a problem, yet they changed coaches and still having issues even beating a Hornet team.

Ingram is playing very well, his O rating is an impressive 117, and his numbers remain all-star worthy.

Could be that Zion/Ingram do not compliment each other that well, yet? I have not seen enough to really say I could know, but historically an all-star wing and another high usage power forward have not faired great in the past. They are a team that screams out to me that needed someone like CP3. Wonder why they did not go after him, the Suns will be a western conference contender due to that move.
m

Has zero to do with BI/Zion. It has to do with the fact they can’t get anything consistently from Zo/Bledsoe offensively and their bench has been no existent. Aside from the Hornets/Suns the rest of the losses were situations where the starters (BI) went out of the game with a 7-8 point lead then came back in with the same deficit. So now the starters are playing the fourth quarter scratching out of a hole. BI having such a large work load makes it even more difficult because it seems his legs are a little low in the last minute or two.

That on top of having an entirely new system to learn both offensively and defensively without a real training camp. That team may or may not be a playoff team. Too early to really tell.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2016
Posts: 7825
Location: Long Beach

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
How do the Pels get a healthy Zion and are 4-5? Thought Gentry was a problem, yet they changed coaches and still having issues even beating a Hornet team.

Ingram is playing very well, his O rating is an impressive 117, and his numbers remain all-star worthy.

Could be that Zion/Ingram do not compliment each other that well, yet? I have not seen enough to really say I could know, but historically an all-star wing and another high usage power forward have not faired great in the past. They are a team that screams out to me that needed someone like CP3. Wonder why they did not go after him, the Suns will be a western conference contender due to that move.
m

Has zero to do with BI/Zion. It has to do with the fact they can’t get anything consistently from Zo/Bledsoe offensively and their bench has been no existent. Aside from the Hornets/Suns the rest of the losses were situations where the starters (BI) went out of the game with a 7-8 point lead then came back in with the same deficit. So now the starters are playing the fourth quarter scratching out of a hole. BI having such a large work load makes it even more difficult because it seems his legs are a little low in the last minute or two.

That on top of having an entirely new system to learn both offensively and defensively without a real training camp. That team may or may not be a playoff team. Too early to really tell.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 May 2012
Posts: 3095

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
How do the Pels get a healthy Zion and are 4-5? Thought Gentry was a problem, yet they changed coaches and still having issues even beating a Hornet team.

Ingram is playing very well, his O rating is an impressive 117, and his numbers remain all-star worthy.

Could be that Zion/Ingram do not compliment each other that well, yet? I have not seen enough to really say I could know, but historically an all-star wing and another high usage power forward have not faired great in the past. They are a team that screams out to me that needed someone like CP3. Wonder why they did not go after him, the Suns will be a western conference contender due to that move.
m

Has zero to do with BI/Zion. It has to do with the fact they can’t get anything consistently from Zo/Bledsoe offensively and their bench has been no existent. Aside from the Hornets/Suns the rest of the losses were situations where the starters (BI) went out of the game with a 7-8 point lead then came back in with the same deficit. So now the starters are playing the fourth quarter scratching out of a hole. BI having such a large work load makes it even more difficult because it seems his legs are a little low in the last minute or two.

That on top of having an entirely new system to learn both offensively and defensively without a real training camp. That team may or may not be a playoff team. Too early to really tell.


Bi doesn’t even have a small forward to back him up and zero wing help whatsoever. Not to talk of the crappy spacing surrounding BI/Zion. Who’s idea was it to build this archaic team in this modern era of pace n space
_________________
#mamba4ever! 💜💛
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2004
Posts: 12497

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:11 pm    Post subject:

I think it was pretty dumb with how they seemingly traded down the #4 Lakers pick for the fun of it. They could have had Deandre Hunter who is shaping up into being a really good 3 and D wing.
_________________
(bleep) Kawhi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2017
Posts: 2184

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:10 pm    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
How do the Pels get a healthy Zion and are 4-5? Thought Gentry was a problem, yet they changed coaches and still having issues even beating a Hornet team.

Ingram is playing very well, his O rating is an impressive 117, and his numbers remain all-star worthy.

Could be that Zion/Ingram do not compliment each other that well, yet? I have not seen enough to really say I could know, but historically an all-star wing and another high usage power forward have not faired great in the past. They are a team that screams out to me that needed someone like CP3. Wonder why they did not go after him, the Suns will be a western conference contender due to that move.
m

Has zero to do with BI/Zion. It has to do with the fact they can’t get anything consistently from Zo/Bledsoe offensively and their bench has been no existent. Aside from the Hornets/Suns the rest of the losses were situations where the starters (BI) went out of the game with a 7-8 point lead then came back in with the same deficit. So now the starters are playing the fourth quarter scratching out of a hole. BI having such a large work load makes it even more difficult because it seems his legs are a little low in the last minute or two.

That on top of having an entirely new system to learn both offensively and defensively without a real training camp. That team may or may not be a playoff team. Too early to really tell.


Bi doesn’t even have a small forward to back him up and zero wing help whatsoever. Not to talk of the crappy spacing surrounding BI/Zion. Who’s idea was it to build this archaic team in this modern era of pace n space


Griffin really failed at putting a proper team together. I wonder if a lot of that was at SVG’s rewuest for “tough dogs” who couldn’t space the floor but would try on D. Then turn around and go with a defensive philosophy that hopes teams simply don’t shoot well for both halves. No wing help, no backup 4 and their backup 5 has been Hayes over Hernangomez and that guy is a Terrible rebounder, terrified to set screens, and has some of the worst hoop iq I’ve ever seen. This including a young JaVale McGee.

Curious to see if they don’t try and fix some of the glaring weaknesses or keep the roster intact and play the “it was a developmental year” card while making guys like BI who are ready to win, unhappy and causing feelings of the front office not actually caring about winning.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 21489

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Brandon Ingram 27/7/5 vs Nuggets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNOBN5S6xso

Brandon Ingram 24/6/3 vs OKC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qkd4v4pD3Xg


Brandon Ingram last 18 Games

24.7 PPG
4.7 REB
5.3 AST
0.8 STL
Field Goal 45.6%
Three Pointer 38.7% (on 5.9 attempts)
Free Throw 87.3%

Pelicans record during that stretch 11-7
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2017
Posts: 2184

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 9:23 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Brandon Ingram 27/7/5 vs Nuggets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNOBN5S6xso

Brandon Ingram 24/6/3 vs OKC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qkd4v4pD3Xg


Brandon Ingram last 18 Games

24.7 PPG
4.7 REB
5.3 AST
0.8 STL
Field Goal 45.6%
Three Pointer 38.7% (on 5.9 attempts)
Free Throw 87.3%

Pelicans record during that stretch 11-7


Not to mention, I saw something the other day showing stars spacing around the league. 100% being the best spacing and 0 obviously the worst. Zion was sitting at mid 20%. Bi,...a whopping 4.7%. The fact that he’s able to replicate his production from last year almost to a T despite SIGNIFICANTLY worse spacing is honestly a testament to how good he’s really become. Give he and Zion some real spacing and defenders and man,... and that’s some special play.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 May 2003
Posts: 13064

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 10:52 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
MJST wrote:
Brandon Ingram 27/7/5 vs Nuggets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNOBN5S6xso

Brandon Ingram 24/6/3 vs OKC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qkd4v4pD3Xg


Brandon Ingram last 18 Games

24.7 PPG
4.7 REB
5.3 AST
0.8 STL
Field Goal 45.6%
Three Pointer 38.7% (on 5.9 attempts)
Free Throw 87.3%

Pelicans record during that stretch 11-7


Not to mention, I saw something the other day showing stars spacing around the league. 100% being the best spacing and 0 obviously the worst. Zion was sitting at mid 20%. Bi,...a whopping 4.7%. The fact that he’s able to replicate his production from last year almost to a T despite SIGNIFICANTLY worse spacing is honestly a testament to how good he’s really become. Give he and Zion some real spacing and defenders and man,... and that’s some special play.


Pretty much every game I saw, defenses were doubling/tripling Zion and BI with impunity. This is why some of the worst teams in the NBA were able to neutralize them. It was funny watching BI get doubled even when Zion on the floor. Just goes to show how easy it is to neutralize a a team with no shooters in the modern NBA, even when you have a historically great talent like Zion. Only later in the season did they start respecting Zo's shot, which is why BI's numbers went up a little.

That's why the Bucks are my favorites to win the east. Getting rid of Bledsoe was addition by subtraction. Bucks were playing 4 on 5 every single time he was on the court. Giannis has more spacing to work with now.
_________________
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." — Gandhi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 29 May 2002
Posts: 55663

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 6:23 am    Post subject:

Weird that 12 years ago SVG designed such a modern offense and attack (at the time) around prime Dwight Howard. And yet with prime Zion and Ingram, he could not.

Is it Griff? I mean SVG could have used the Orlando blue print around Zion-Ingram and at least they get to a 6th seed in the West. Instead they played a totally different game plan, and it backfired.

As much as Griff was hielded as a great executive, from the Kyrie trade onward, I have been less than impressed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 19607
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 10:18 am    Post subject:

Disappointing season for the Pelicans. They had the talent to at least get to the play-in, IMHO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Dec 2007
Posts: 32841
Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 11:36 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Disappointing season for the Pelicans. They had the talent to at least get to the play-in, IMHO.


Why didn’t they do better?

Two all stars in Zion and Ingram. $100 M plus Center in Steven Adams. PG with elite defense and court vision in Lonzo. Former Finals head coach in Stan Van Gundy.

Should have made the playoffs.
_________________
Damian Lillard shatters Dwight Coward's championship dreams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZrbEjppnd4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
focus
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 May 2012
Posts: 2122

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 11:55 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
danzag wrote:
Disappointing season for the Pelicans. They had the talent to at least get to the play-in, IMHO.


Why didn’t they do better?

Two all stars in Zion and Ingram. $100 M plus Center in Steven Adams. PG with elite defense and court vision in Lonzo. Former Finals head coach in Stan Van Gundy.

Should have made the playoffs.

Bench?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 May 2003
Posts: 13064

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 7:16 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Weird that 12 years ago SVG designed such a modern offense and attack (at the time) around prime Dwight Howard. And yet with prime Zion and Ingram, he could not.

Is it Griff? I mean SVG could have used the Orlando blue print around Zion-Ingram and at least they get to a 6th seed in the West. Instead they played a totally different game plan, and it backfired.

As much as Griff was hielded as a great executive, from the Kyrie trade onward, I have been less than impressed.


David Griffin definitely failed this season, but at least he was man enough to admit it in a recent interview. Similar to what happened to the Lakers in 2018-2019, he talked about how management failed to surround Zion and BI with shooters, and defenses were able to collapse on them all game as a result. Pels lost at least 10 games when they were leading by double digits in the fourth quarter, so that speaks volumes about how predictable they were offensively.

SVG is a fairly decent regular season coach, so this isn't really on him, although it did seem like he was under pressure to play Bledsoe over some of their young players. Pels shooting woes also also coincided with JJ Reddick's rapid decline. He damn near dropped 10 percentage points 3pt shooting (45% in 2019 vs 36% in 2020), despite having more spacing on the floor w/ Zion. Just horrible timing for the Pels there, as JJ Reddick looks ready to retire.

It's almost a certainty that they will be better next season. Griff is too self-aware and skilled to not figure it out. If not, I anticipate Zion will be paired with someone other than BI. Pressure is definitely on next season, and it will be fun to watch.
_________________
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." — Gandhi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 21489

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:44 pm    Post subject:

Brandon Ingram 31-5-4 vs Wizards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhJacrhirWU


Ingram averaging 25/6.5/4.6 on 45% Field Goal, 44% from Three, 81% from the Free Throw Line this season at 24 years of age. Looking essentially like a player the Lakers would watch a team squander the prime of and wish he was on our team instead, like how they watched AD.
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSanity
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 30 Nov 2006
Posts: 33166
Location: Long Beach, California

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:07 am    Post subject:

In terms of wins and playoff success, how good is this team today?

PG: Ball / Caruso
SG: Clarkson / Hart
SF: Ingram
PF. Randle / Kuzma
C: Zubac / Bryant

We don't win a title, so this isn't about whether or not we took the right route. I'm just wondering if this team is that good or not. Even assuming all of them would be the players they are today if they had stayed on the Lakers the whole time (which isn't a given, especially for someone like Kuzma who needed Lebron to figure out how to play winning basketball), I think they are likely a top 3 seed in either conference, maybe get to the semi-finals or conference finals. As good as all of these players have become, none of them have that "it" that says championship contender though. Ingram and Randle, even as all-star talents, are likely #2 guys. Kuzma, Bryant and Clarkson are scorer types. Ball, Caruso, Hart and Zubac do all the dirty work and make the winning basketball plays. It would be a very well balanced team, but, still, you don't have that one superstar talent yet to take them over the top. We'll see if Randle and/or Ingram ever become that.
_________________
LakersGround's Terms of Service

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1882, 1883, 1884
Page 1884 of 1884
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB