šŸˆNFL 2023 DISCUSSION THREADšŸˆ
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95 ... 333, 334, 335  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:14 pm    Post subject:

Chiefs are lucky in that nobody in their division wants to win it....Chargers were in command then lost 3 of the next 4 games. Raiders keep stumbling into controversies week after week. Broncos are just there making up the numbers.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:40 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

Well there's a player on the Vikings hospitalized for COVID and he took the vaccine.

That's very rare. And there are people who die in car wrecks even though they were wearing seatbelt. The exceptions to safety protocols are not valid arguments against those safety protocols.

Quote:
The real point is that this vaccine isn't a one size fits all for everyone. Aaron Rodgers took Ivermectin and has returned to the lineup today. It seems to have worked for him at least and maybe not other people.

A perfect example of how correlation does not equate to causation. As has been explained in this thread (with cited evidence), Ivermectin has not been proven to be effective against COVID and in fact has been pulled from use where it was tried. Please stop with false equivalence such as that one.

Quote:
Isn't it possible that maybe there are alternate treatments that could work for some people and if so why can't that be an option.

I don't see why this is so controversial if its really about health...

Because those "alternate treatments" haven't proven to be effective, and when they are used as a justification for not getting vaccinated, it puts other people at risk.

It's pretty simple concept that's truly "about health".

Except Aaron Rodgers and Joe Rogan apparently took Ivermectin and neither have dropped dead because of it. So I just don't see why its so terrible they didn't get a vaccine if this seems to have worked?

Plus I doubt they have to take it every few months like the booster shots that are going to be rolled out for this vaccine..
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:57 pm    Post subject:

Why You Should Not Use Ivermectin to Treat or Prevent COVID-19

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:04 pm    Post subject:

The best thing about the NFL is the parity and the fact that almost all the regular season games really mean something in the playoff standings.

Tampa Bay losing 2 in a row, Rams getting bullied physically 2 games in a row, the Titans rolling even without Henry....who can figure this league out?

Bettors: check out NFL underdogs whenever possible. Take the points when in doubt, 57% this year for underdogs covering. Don't quote me of course.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:36 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

Well there's a player on the Vikings hospitalized for COVID and he took the vaccine.

That's very rare. And there are people who die in car wrecks even though they were wearing seatbelt. The exceptions to safety protocols are not valid arguments against those safety protocols.

Quote:
The real point is that this vaccine isn't a one size fits all for everyone. Aaron Rodgers took Ivermectin and has returned to the lineup today. It seems to have worked for him at least and maybe not other people.

A perfect example of how correlation does not equate to causation. As has been explained in this thread (with cited evidence), Ivermectin has not been proven to be effective against COVID and in fact has been pulled from use where it was tried. Please stop with false equivalence such as that one.

Quote:
Isn't it possible that maybe there are alternate treatments that could work for some people and if so why can't that be an option.

Because those "alternate treatments" haven't proven to be effective, and when they are used as a justification for not getting vaccinated, it puts other people at risk.

Except Aaron Rodgers and Joe Rogan apparently took Ivermectin and neither have dropped dead because of it. So I just don't see why its so terrible they didn't get a vaccine if this seems to have worked?

Plus I doubt they have to take it every few months like the booster shots that are going to be rolled out for this vaccine..

Thereā€™s no evidence that it worked or to what degree. People who take it die and people who donā€™t survive. Rodgers isnā€™t exactly in a high risk group so itā€™s entirely likely that he would survive covid without hospitalization (although we will see if he has any long covid issues down the road). Thereā€™s also more evidence that the pushing of ivermectin has resulted in a lot more people being harmed by it than helped. And then thereā€™s the idea that part of the vaccineā€™s purpose is to drive down spread.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:56 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Thereā€™s no evidence that it worked or to what degree. People who take it die and people who donā€™t survive. Rodgers isnā€™t exactly in a high risk group so itā€™s entirely likely that he would survive covid without hospitalization (although we will see if he has any long covid issues down the road). Thereā€™s also more evidence that the pushing of ivermectin has resulted in a lot more people being harmed by it than helped. And then thereā€™s the idea that part of the vaccineā€™s purpose is to drive down spread.

I wouldn't mind seeing Ivermectin administered to people who already have been vaccinated. I'm concerned about those Hoosiers/Indianans who are infested with hookworms.

It's a long, dangerous walk to the outhouse.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:11 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Chiefs are lucky in that nobody in their division wants to win it....Chargers were in command then lost 3 of the next 4 games. Raiders keep stumbling into controversies week after week. Broncos are just there making up the numbers.

I've learned to never trust the Raiders. Maybe they could have ran more cover 2 against Mahomes, but they'll always find a way to mess it up. Chargers are struggling but they have Herbert so they're in good hands. I wish Joe Lombardi would stop being so conservative and just let Herbert sling it more often. Broncos have a talented defense but until they solidify the qb position, they'll always be a treadmill team. Chiefs still have the most experience and they have Mahomes.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:10 pm    Post subject:

Mac Jones is lighting it up. He's been very accurate, putting the ball on the numbers or the hands with a good lead. Receivers don't have to break stride. NE leading Falcons 10 0 2nd quarter. NE's playing great football.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:23 pm    Post subject:

Though I thought Mac Jones should have sat (like all rookie QBs) I can't say I'm surprised at his success, I was jocking that guy prior to the draft, I thought he was an underrated gem. He was a much better prospect than everyone (both teams and major draft evaluation sites) realized.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:44 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
Though I thought Mac Jones should have sat (like all rookie QBs) I can't say I'm surprised at his success, I was jocking that guy prior to the draft, I thought he was an underrated gem. He was a much better prospect than everyone (both teams and major draft evaluation sites) realized.

He's fortunate to not have been drafted higher. He may have gone to a bad team. He was low enough to get a good team and an excellent coach in NE.

He's outplaying all those drafted higher.

angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:35 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:

He's fortunate to not have been drafted higher. He may have gone to a bad team. He was low enough to get a good team and an excellent coach in NE.

What's impressive is that he's doing this with an uncharacteristically bad New England offensive line. He's been getting the snot kicked out of him all season, and yet he remains poised in the pocket.

Some guys are just easy to coach, particularly those that have an intuitive grasp of the game, think fast, and don't get rattled. Look at the way he sets up screen passes, all the little things that are important are on full display: He artfully sells the pass play, which draws in the defensive lineman to him rather than into containment, he then times it so they're ready to clobber him, the puts just the right amount of touch on the pass to the RB/TE so that the pass is catchable, yet not too slow and soft for the defense to recover. It's the little things in this game, and he's got it.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:18 am    Post subject:

I was flying to Virginia last night and was in the air during the Falcons-Pats game, but I was able to watch on the plane. If that wasn't the worst quarterbacked game of the year from Matt Ryan, I'm not sure what was. He was stunningly terrible. That sack he took on 3rd and a foot in the 2nd quarter was one of the worst and dumbest sacks I've ever seen, truly. He saw the guy the entire time, and how you don't get rid of that ball to avoid the sack is beyond me. They were clearly going to go for it on 4th and short if the pass failed, but no, let's take a 13-yard loss on 3rd and inches!

Idiot.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:00 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:

Heā€™s fortunate to have Josh Mcdaniels who remains one of the better play callers around the league. That isnā€™t to diminish Mac, who still has to execute the plays and has shown tremendous poise doing so. He has been particularly great at identifying the open man pre-snap.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:31 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
I was flying to Virginia last night and was in the air during the Falcons-Pats game, but I was able to watch on the plane. If that wasn't the worst quarterbacked game of the year from Matt Ryan, I'm not sure what was. He was stunningly terrible. That sack he took on 3rd and a foot in the 2nd quarter was one of the worst and dumbest sacks I've ever seen, truly. He saw the guy the entire time, and how you don't get rid of that ball to avoid the sack is beyond me. They were clearly going to go for it on 4th and short if the pass failed, but no, let's take a 13-yard loss on 3rd and inches!

Idiot.

Would that be as stupid as a pass play on 3rd and 1, leading 28-12 with only 8:34 left to play in the Super Bowl? Not to mention losing track of the MLB (some guy named Hightower) who is looking blitz right at the line of scrimmage.

I sense a pattern.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:58 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Idiot.

Would that be as stupid as a pass play on 3rd and 1, leading 28-12 with only 8:34 left to play in the Super Bowl? Not to mention losing track of the MLB (some guy named Hightower) who is looking blitz right at the line of scrimmage.

I sense a pattern.

I honestly don't despise the call of a pass in that spot (last night), like, look, maybe you think you saw something and you could catch them, and you do have going for it on 4th and short in your back pocket. That part I can live with. What I cannot fathom is taking the sack there. And it's not like it was a blindside hit. He tried to buy time, the play wasn't there, he sees the guy coming, and instead of just getting rid of it, he tries to run by him, even though he's a statue. It was genuinely one of the dumbest plays by a QB I've ever seen.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:52 am    Post subject:

Matt Ryan is basically Atlanta's version of Philip Rivers.

A guy who puts up a lot of numbers but is slow footed and a relic from another time. Everything has to be perfect on a play for guys like that to be effective.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:59 am    Post subject:

Vikings up on the Packers 23 - 17 in the 3rd qrt. That baaaad maaan threw a dart to Adams for 6

panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:27 pm    Post subject:

I don't know why but I've never fully bought into Josh Allen. I think people become enamored by his big plays, but I'm not particularly impressed by his pocket presence nor by his ability to sling it vs man coverage.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Looks like whoever has the ball last gonna win the Vikings-Packers game. 31-31. Rogers toss a 81 yard TD bomb to Marquez Valdes-Scantling

panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Don't be fooled by their ranking, the Packers defense is still trash.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:42 pm    Post subject:

America's team, Dallas, losing to Blue Collar KC. 6 - 0

DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:48 pm    Post subject:

I drafted a starting backfield of Henry and Taylor this year in my fantasy league. Oh, what could have been ...
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:45 pm    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:

Definitely not the same without Jaire Alexander, that's for sure. Still, they are legitimately one of the Super Bowl contenders in a year where there is no dominant team.

After watching the game tonight, I'm still in shock when I see Brady's arm strength. He legitimately still makes all the necessary NFL throws, combined with otherwordly pocket presence. I don't know what kind of secret sauce this dude is on, but when I think about my soon-to-be 80-year-old father blasting drives 250+ off the tee still, I guess some dudes just don't lose it!
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:32 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
panamaniac wrote:

Definitely not the same without Jaire Alexander, that's for sure. Still, they are legitimately one of the Super Bowl contenders in a year where there is no dominant team.

I'm sure he's a good guy, but Kevin King needs to retire.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:53 am    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
panamaniac wrote:

I'm sure he's a good guy, but Kevin King needs to retire.

Ha, I know the Packers love to draft and develop, but yes, he hasn't panned out. But it does look like their rookie corner this year, Stokes, will be considerably better.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95 ... 333, 334, 335  Next
Page 94 of 335
Jump to: