THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3199, 3200, 3201 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:01 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Dr. Saule Omarova, Biden’s currency comptroller nominee seems to make Republicons angry. If she doesn't get the votes needed, why cant biden do what Trump did? make her "acting" . I don't know anything about her or what she would do but if it angers GOP its probably good.

My guess is they don't like her because she's Asian.

probably but they also seem to call her a communist.

Repukelican par for the course.

this is what drives me nuts. Why cant the dems throw out labels. at least theirs would be accurate.

Child hater
Atheist
Anti-christian
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:11 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Dr. Saule Omarova, Biden’s currency comptroller nominee seems to make Republicons angry. If she doesn't get the votes needed, why cant biden do what Trump did? make her "acting" . I don't know anything about her or what she would do but if it angers GOP its probably good.

this is what drives me nuts. Why cant the dems throw out labels. at least theirs would be accurate.

Child hater
Atheist
Anti-christian

It bothers me that Dems are concerned with image. I'd like to see them play in the mud once and a while. It might backfire because they're not as experienced as Repukes. They don't know how to play the game.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:16 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Child hater
Atheist
Anti-christian

It bothers me that Dems are concerned with image. I'd like to see them play in the mud once and a while. It might backfire because they're not as experienced as Repukes. They don't know how to play the game.

I heard someone today say dems need to hit the streets hard and brag about infrastructure bill. Its a little out of character but its a good forum to say GOP couldn't get squat done.

Democrats got some good news as the CBO’s conservative scoring of Build Back Better means that the bill will be more than fully paid for.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:31 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Child hater
Atheist
Anti-christian

I heard someone today say dems need to hit the streets hard and brag about infrastructure bill. Its a little out of character but its a good forum to say GOP couldn't get squat done.

Democrats got some good news as the CBO’s conservative scoring of Build Back Better means that the bill will be more than fully paid for.

I don't think that would make a difference. Repuks would only focus on the parts of the bill that favors them. Remember it's supposed to be a bipartisan bill. They'd claim more than they deserve.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:33 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Child hater
Atheist
Anti-christian

I don't think that would make a difference. Repuks would only focus on the parts of the bill that favors them. Remember it's supposed to be a bipartisan bill. They'd claim more than they deserve.

there is a guy in Alabama praising it. he voted against. Go make that known. everyday from a local. The grassroots for 2022 should have started. maybe it has.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:26 am    Post subject:

I was at a Chis Stapleton concert last night, and the chant kept breaking out between acts. After the opening act and before Sheryl Crowe took the stage, it began for a 2nd time and it felt like the 5th iteration of the wave at an event. Then it started before Stapleton took the stage, and I realized it had clearly jumped the shark.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/lets-go-brandon-chant-heard-at-chris-stapleton-concert-social-media-video
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:35 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
I was at a Chis Stapleton concert last night, and the chant kept breaking out between acts. After the opening act and before Sheryl Crowe took the stage, it began for a 2nd time and it felt like the 5th iteration of the wave at an event. Then it started before Stapleton took the stage, and I realized it had clearly jumped the shark.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/lets-go-brandon-chant-heard-at-chris-stapleton-concert-social-media-video

adkindo wrote:

Trump>>>>>>>>>>>democratic party

So did you have fun doing the chant?

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
BigJosh951
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:48 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

Good ole' Christian Conservatives! Can you imagine the hand wringing and whining that would be going on at Fox if the left perpetrated such a vulgar chant? What ignorance. Stupidity is going to be the bane of this Country. It does not even bother Biden, so what is the point? They are like children. Just as stupid as them too.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:57 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
adkindo wrote:

adkindo wrote:

Trump>>>>>>>>>>>democratic party

So did you have fun doing the chant?

He started it.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:44 am    Post subject:

I'm all for it. Let's go!

Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:11 am    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
I'm all for it. Let's go!

they are so good.
pay to have that air on FOX
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:16 am    Post subject:

American freedumb will end this country . . . in the not-too-distant future. American exceptionalism is a lie made up to manipulate dumbass Americans . . . who believe it is their sacred duty to show the rest of the (non-white) world how great their beliefs are.

CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:05 am    Post subject:

Jury decision reached. Calling it right now, Rittenhouse will be found not guilty. Hope I’m wrong.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:18 am    Post subject:

RITTENHOUSE NOT GUILTY ON ALL CHARGES!!!

Hello George Zimmerman!

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:23 am    Post subject:

^
It was very clear where this verdict was headed.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:24 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
^

Yep! If there are protests I hope they're peaceful.

trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:36 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^

Yep! If there are protests I hope they're peaceful.

Not super confident they will be peaceful. white militia types are now free to carry their loaded AR15’s to “protect property” at protests and then just murder a few people when they get threatened and have absolutely nothing happen to them.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:10 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Hello George Zimmerman!

Disgusting!
Change colors and the cops would have shot him instead of give him water and let him go home without being arrested...

Old Guard Racist Americans cannot die off fast enough..

There needs to be laws removing semi-auto machine guns from public unless THOROUGHLY Trained not to murder people with them eh?

This punk went looking for trouble
Left his post and wasn't even guarding anything he was hired to guard

FWIW, does everyone realize the police station that was set ablaze.. done partially by a boogaloo boi.. not african americans..and the shooting of two police in LA.. Boogaloo Bois.. not african americans
Quote:
By 28 May, during a night of the most intense unrest and destruction in the city, Hunter was in Minneapolis, just as the 3rd precinct police station, known locally as a “playground for renegade cops”, was being set on fire.

Video shot that night shows a person later identified as Hunter firing 13 rounds from a semiautomatic assault-style rifle on the 3rd precinct police station while people believed to be looters were inside. He then high-fived another person and shouted, “Justice for Floyd!” according to the complaint.

Later, he privately messaged Steven Carrillo, another alleged “Boogaloo Boi” in California, urging him to “go for police buildings”, according to the federal criminal complaint.

“I did better, lol,” Carrillo allegedly replied.

Hours before Carrillo sent that message, according to the complaint, federal prosecutors say Carrillo had driven to Oakland with an accomplice, and, as protesters were demonstrating blocks away, shot two officers guarding a federal courthouse in downtown Oakland, killing one, David Patrick Underwood.

Carrillo was later charged with killing another law enforcement officer, a Santa Cruz sheriff’s deputy, in an ambush attack in June.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/23/texas-boogaloo-boi-minneapolis-police-building-george-floyd

What will (bleep) do with his future
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:56 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Men and non-Asian minorities in the United States are far more likely to end up behind bars than females and White and Asian Americans.

The US prison system is the main source of punishment and rehabilitation for criminal offenses. The system incarcerates more people than any other country in the world. Currently, there are over 2 million people in prisons, jails, and detention centers. This number represents 25% of all inmates in the world even though the US population makes up only 5% of the global population. A common opinion is that this system is broken and in need of repair. The downturn began in the early ’70s when President Nixon called for a “war on drugs”, measures in this war were to include drastic prison sentences for drug-related crimes. Today, the prisons are overcrowded and understaffed which has opened the way for private, for-profit centers.

Incarceration Rates By Group
The problems with the prison system only continue when one looks at the obvious racial and gender disparities. For example, while black inmates make up nearly 40% of the prison population, they only make up 13.40% of the total US population. Native Americans represent 2.30% of the incarcerated population and only 1.30% of the population. 58.70% of the prison population is white, which includes Hispanic Americans.

These numbers have broader, far-reaching social implications. The effect on children is astounding. African American and Latino children are more likely to have a parent in jail or prison. When the father figure of a household is removed (which given the percentage of male inmates in federal prisons, 93.3%, is a likely scenario), a child is left in a single-parent household. This means one person is responsible for every aspect, including the financial aspects, of maintaining the home. As a result, the number of African American children living in poverty has increased since 1968.

When these men and women finish their prison terms and are reintegrated into society, their chances of finding employment are significantly decreased. A criminal record will, more times than not, deter a potential employer from offering an employment contract. The hindered ability to find gainful employment further obstructs the family and their personal progress. What this prison system promotes is the continued oppression of already oppressed minority groups.

Actions Being Taken To Drive Change
The problem of the US prison system has been identified and now there are many organizations and individuals working to change the current reality. Some suggestions that could help to reduce and maybe one day erase the racial disparities of incarcerated individuals include: cultural competency training for law enforcement, public action to oppose laws that might increase the number of minorities found in the system, and encouraging the use of Continuing Legal Education Hours for prosecutors. For those individuals who, despite policy level change and improved practices, still find themselves in prison, educational programs could be beneficial. Learning a new trade or business skill are things that can help to make the reintegration process easier, reduce the chances of becoming a repeat offender, and increase the chances of finding gainful employment.

WorldAtlas.com
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:23 pm    Post subject:

President Biden:

Quote:
“Look, I stand by what the jury has concluded,” he said. “The jury system works, and we have to abide by it.”

Why couldn't he just state that he was uncomfortable and disappointed in the verdict? I realize he's trying to play it down to prevent civil unrest, but this is just an ongoing problem I have with this administration. Either his Communications Director is inept, or he's not listening to her.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:59 pm    Post subject:

Kamala Harris was President of the USA for 85 minutes today!
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:18 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:

Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:30 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
ContagiousInspiration wrote:

more please. She needs this.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:41 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Hello George Zimmerman!

I think people of color and people of Jewish decent should show up to every White Nationalist rally with AR-15s to pass out medical supplies to anybody who may need them.

And if at any moment, between the white power chants and frequent confrontations, they feel fearful for their lives. They should respond like the hero Kyle Rittenhouse did.

What our society needs is more sanctioned murders by vigilantes.

TEENS WELCOME!
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:51 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Hello George Zimmerman!

I think people of color and people of Jewish decent should show up to every White Nationalist rally with AR-15s to pass out medical supplies to anybody who may need them.

And if at any moment, between the white power chants and frequent confrontations, they feel fearful for their lives. They should respond like the hero Kyle Rittenhouse did.

What our society needs is more sanctioned murders by vigilantes.

TEENS WELCOME!

Yup. What we have is a bully system. White armed cowards killing POC. And then getting away with it. And then thinking that’s the order of things. We need a few white vigilantes to get shot. Sorry to say it that bluntly, but every one of these Maga chodes doing the shootings and then defending them are serene in their view that they are allowed to kill anyone who looks funny at them. There’s no consequence to that view. That needs. To change.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3199, 3200, 3201 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 3200 of 3663
Jump to: