View previous topic :: View next topic  
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:35 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Killer_Z wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Wait…so we needed a +20 point 4Q just to beat the Detroit (bleep) Pistons by 5 points? I don’t care if Lebron only played 20 minutes, that’s just terrible and not convincing whatsoever.

1) It counts as a Win. This team needs as many Wins as we can get.

2) That was the best game we have seen Russ play thus far. We were lethargic. He ignited our team with energy and passion. We desperately needed it. AD's body language was terrible. His arms were hanging like his hands were made of cement blocks. This is the Russ we need. His play led to AD waking the F up. Very encouraging. Hope for the future.

3) That was the best game quarter we have seen AD play thus far. When he's engaged on the defensive end, he is a top 5 players in the league. He demonstrated leadership, strength and the desire to embrace the moment.

4) The team did not buckle. We had every reason to just throw in the towel after LBJ got tossed. We did not give in. We perceived. Not sure if you have played team sports before, but a Win like today does a ton for a group like ours. It brings players together. This comeback may be the catalyst to a much needed turnaround.

Hard to not really still be frustrated Killer. 99 points in 3 quarters is just piss poor defense. With that said, I agree with the sentiment to try and take some positives. The reality is, this team needs 4 quarters of that 4th quarter to be what they need to be win a chip (or at least the effort).

Maybe going zone with a big and AD at the 4 is not such a great idea?... But yea this team issue has always been defense. I think we somehow improve that we can win some games.
3peat_pete
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:38 pm    Post subject:

ok, i guess regardless if it was a trash team, we still did overcome a 17-point deficit. That's tuff.

But still, enough with the 3rd quarter woes. I'm so sick of it.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:39 pm    Post subject:

i think he went zone because guys seemed gassed. It was an on-court rest.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:39 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Wait…so we needed a +20 point 4Q just to beat the Detroit (bleep) Pistons by 5 points? I don’t care if Lebron only played 20 minutes, that’s just terrible and not convincing whatsoever.

That was the best AD-Russ quarter of the season

Yep yep!
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:41 pm    Post subject:

Maybe Lebron should get ejected again next game to see if it would unleash MVP AD again.
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:46 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

I agree, they're gonna be on their high horse for next game and get slapped back to reality after they face a team with good defense.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:50 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Killer_Z wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

1) It counts as a Win. This team needs as many Wins as we can get.

2) That was the best game we have seen Russ play thus far. We were lethargic. He ignited our team with energy and passion. We desperately needed it. AD's body language was terrible. His arms were hanging like his hands were made of cement blocks. This is the Russ we need. His play led to AD waking the F up. Very encouraging. Hope for the future.

3) That was the best game quarter we have seen AD play thus far. When he's engaged on the defensive end, he is a top 5 players in the league. He demonstrated leadership, strength and the desire to embrace the moment.

4) The team did not buckle. We had every reason to just throw in the towel after LBJ got tossed. We did not give in. We perceived. Not sure if you have played team sports before, but a Win like today does a ton for a group like ours. It brings players together. This comeback may be the catalyst to a much needed turnaround.

Hard to not really still be frustrated Killer. 99 points in 3 quarters is just piss poor defense. With that said, I agree with the sentiment to try and take some positives. The reality is, this team needs 4 quarters of that 4th quarter to be what they need to be win a chip (or at least the effort).

Maybe going zone with a big and AD at the 4 is not such a great idea?... But yea this team issue has always been defense. I think we somehow improve that we can win some games.

The point of going big was to avoid the zone and enables AD to switch freely.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Ok. I missed this game because I was outside my house on a ladder. At least my house is now lit up with so many Christmas lights that astronauts can enjoy the show as they pass over the West coast.

That said, on replay I was able to watch the fight, and I just saw a glimpse of the kind of team I wish these guys would turn into for 48 minutes a game. These guys played pissed after the fight finally got broke up, especially Westbrook and Davis. Melo found his touch as well when we needed him, and Howard WTF from 3?!? Raining poison on the pistons! He should shoot his free throws from there! GREAT COMEBACK!!
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:10 pm    Post subject:

Just throwing this out there...

Is it possible that this works, but only if LBJ or Russ come off the bench to lead the second unit?

Just throwing out there.

I know I have a better chance at winning the lotto than that happening.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:18 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:

Is it possible that this works, but only if LBJ or Russ come off the bench to lead the second unit?

Just throwing out there.

They don’t have to intentionally do that, they are already doing it by substitution pattern. Russ goes out first, then Lebron and Russ comes back. They have to play westbrook 30-35 minutes no matter what LGers want, so what the coaching stuff should do is make sure one of them is on the court all the time. Less Rondo minutes.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:29 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Ok. I missed this game because I was outside my house on a ladder. At least my house is now lit up with so many Christmas lights that astronauts can enjoy the show as they pass over the West coast.

That said, on replay I was able to watch the fight, and I just saw a glimpse of the kind of team I wish these guys would turn into for 48 minutes a game. These guys played pissed after the fight finally got broke up, especially Westbrook and Davis. Melo found his touch as well when we needed him, and Howard WTF from 3?!? Raining poison on the pistons! He should shoot his free throws from there! GREAT COMEBACK!!

TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:44 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:

Just throwing out there.

There is only one guy that should lead the second unit and thats Russ.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:44 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I have to give Bron this. When Isaiah Stewart was charging around like a bull, Bron didn't run for cover.

Well Lebron did stood right in front him for a while and Stewart did not do anything. Also I can only imagine what a pucnh from Lebron can do if a back hand caused that much damage.

Yeah, Stewart was cool in the initial confrontation. It wasn't really a punch from LeBron. It was more of a graze that happened to cause a huge cut. Kinda like when boxers butt heads. I think it was when he realized the amount of blood dripping down his face is when dude went bonkers.

Kiss my Converse.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Shoutout to Hamidou Diallo

The Brow. The Brodie.

🙏🏀🙏🏀🙏
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:24 pm    Post subject:

AD and Russ Jumpstart Team in Motor City for Fourth-Quarter Comeback
Quote:
The Lakers still can’t find their keys to success on defense.
But ironically, it was the defense that secured their 121-116 win over the Detroit Pistons tonight — defense from Anthony Davis (30 pts, 10 reb, 6 ast, 5 blk).

https://www.nba.com/lakers/gameday/ad-and-russ-jumpstart-team-in-motor-city-for-fourth-quarter-comeback-11/21/21
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Pathetic defense once again. But they escaped with a much needed win.

At least they showed a spark of life with as much effort and urgency as they have shown all year in the fourth. Hope they can keep it going.

On to NY.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:46 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Pathetic defense once again. But they escaped with a much needed win.

At least they showed a spark of life with as much effort and urgency as they have shown all year in the fourth. Hope they can keep it going.

On to NY.

Kinda eye opening that under “normal” circumstances (team is legit contender) a loss like this is usually followed with lots of “phew, played poorly but we escaped with that one” by the players; but here, because of consistently inconsistent and poor play all this early season, its “we think that quarter can teach us alot and turn this around.”
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:38 am    Post subject:

NEXT GAME:
    Los Angeles Lakers vs New York Knickerbockers
    Madison Square Garden, New York, NY |Tuesday, Nov. 23, 2021 • 4:30 PM PT
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:25 am    Post subject:

Back to 0.500!!!

Baby steps

MSG, lakers nation always show up, back2back win be nice
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Never should have been in that type of game with that opponent but I love the resiliency. Hopefully, this is the start of something.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29
Page 29 of 29
Jump to: