Goodbye TALEN HORTON-TUCKER Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 148, 149, 150 ... 200, 201, 202  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:47 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
He needs to develop a left hand. He has never used his left in a game. Ever!

He did at least a couple times last season because I remember there being a huge deal about it happening finally.

He also supposedly worked on it quite a bit during the season last year and during this last off season so it's a work in progress. I agree though that it can't happen soon enough and will take his game to another entire level if he is consistently good with it.

It's one of those things where we just need to give him more time.. Reaves is 3 years older then him and a Rookie just to put it all in perspective. He's shown clear improvement every season thus far and the shot looks much better this season even on the misses so that's a good sign.

Can you send me a video of him using his left hand. I went through a lot of his highlights from mixed to game to all possessions. I didn't see not 1 clip of him using his left.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:03 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:

<snip>
Can you send me a video of him using his left hand. I went through a lot of his highlights from mixed to game to all possessions. I didn't see not 1 clip of him using his left.

He did it once for sure last season and scored, I watched it and people here commented on it.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:13 pm    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

<snip>

He did it once for sure last season and scored, I watched it and people here commented on it.

I searched for it and couldn't find it either just a bunch of articles about him working on his left this last off season. Like "ThePageDude" said, I 100% remember it happening. He still has a ways to go obviously since we haven't seen him use it this season much, if at all but it's nice to know he's clearly working on it. There was a good video of him working with Handy before a game on his left just a month ago as well.

Last edited by hype on Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:32 pm    Post subject:

https://www.gettyimages.com/photos/talen-horton-tucker?family=editorial&assettype=image&sort=newest&phrase=talen%20horton%20tucker

Look for lefties here

I saw one on first page
https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/talen-horton-tucker-of-the-los-angeles-lakers-shoots-the-news-photo/1236672891?adppopup=true

lmao.. looking at all his pics homie will do a 360 spin before having to use that left hand
phantasyman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:47 pm    Post subject:

Lakers need to trade THT. He's too young and this game just showed that he has no skills. Lakers got duped into giving him a $50 million contract. Well done Pelinka! 🤣
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:09 pm    Post subject:

THT needs to produce a helluvalot more for this team. That was embarrassing for the youngster. Nobody will trade for him if he plays like this. Absolute dog (bleep).
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:14 pm    Post subject:

He is making 10 mil now, different standards now. He sucked for. 3 games now
phantasyman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:16 pm    Post subject:

I scored as much as THT tonight. Can I get a $50 million contract?!
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:25 pm    Post subject:

The game was lost when THT and his -18 got subbed in for Russ.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:30 pm    Post subject:

phantasyman wrote:
I scored as much as THT tonight. Can I get a $50 million contract?!

Get Rich Paul as your agent.
acer77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:31 pm    Post subject:

Talentless Horrendous-Tucker.

J/K......
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:33 pm    Post subject:

For some reason people love overrating players that come to the team at 23 and are one note till they are 27 and still get defended. But love bashing guys that come to the team at 18 and are bashing them for not being a superstar at 20. Did ya'll not learn your lesson with Russell, Ingram, Randle?
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:38 pm    Post subject:

He's NOT a wing player.

He's a 6'4 GUARD!

Vogel playing him at the 3 is so idiotic its ridiculous.

THT was atrocious on defense last year and now Vogel really thinks he's going to become this lockdown wing defender?

This roster construction is so flawed and the Lakers are not going to win (bleep) until they fix it.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:42 pm    Post subject:

RashardA wrote:
He's NOT a wing player.

He's a 6'4 GUARD!

Vogel playing him at the 3 is so idiotic its ridiculous.

THT was atrocious on defense last year and now Vogel really thinks he's going to become this lockdown wing defender?

This roster construction is so flawed and the Lakers are not going to win (bleep) until they fix it.

He lost 3 point shooters more than anyone on this team
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:43 pm    Post subject:

That’s the thing with young players - they usually thrive in losing situations with a lot of opportunities and don’t do well in catch and shoot roles or secondary attack rules.

I think THT has talent to be a solid starter in the league and a 2-way guy. Not sure his upside is worth losing a player that can get us into contention.

Trade talk will be interesting this season for the Lakers. We have a lot of needs and should be active.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:49 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
https://www.gettyimages.com/photos/talen-horton-tucker?family=editorial&assettype=image&sort=newest&phrase=talen%20horton%20tucker

Look for lefties here

I saw one on first page
https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/talen-horton-tucker-of-the-los-angeles-lakers-shoots-the-news-photo/1236672891?adppopup=true

lmao.. looking at all his pics homie will do a 360 spin before having to use that left hand

Lol definitely. I went through all 64 pages and seen 1, and that is the pic you posted. Dang Lol
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:01 pm    Post subject:

He's had a bad run, but not giving up on what I have seen with him. Growing pains. He has still not even played 82 games (combined).
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:18 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
That’s the thing with young players - they usually thrive in losing situations with a lot of opportunities and don’t do well in catch and shoot roles or secondary attack rules.

I think THT has talent to be a solid starter in the league and a 2-way guy. Not sure his upside is worth losing a player that can get us into contention.

Trade talk will be interesting this season for the Lakers. We have a lot of needs and should be active.

Wolf - excellent point.

I'd bet dollars to donuts that if he was dealt to a lotto bound team, he would get 20+ shots a game and likely start going off with fantastic numbers. He'd have some real stinkers here and there as he learns the game and how to utilize his frame and length, but he would likely be a "one that got away" and flourished with more touches. His skill and confidence would grow, and there you have it.

With that said, I suppose I'm open to the "right deal"...open, but certainly not sold on it.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:28 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Wolf - excellent point.

I'd bet dollars to donuts that if he was dealt to a lotto bound team, he would get 20+ shots a game and likely start going off with fantastic numbers. He'd have some real stinkers here and there as he learns the game and how to utilize his frame and length, but he would likely be a "one that got away" and flourished with more touches. His skill and confidence would grow, and there you have it.

With that said, I suppose I'm open to the "right deal"...open, but certainly not sold on it.

Jesus, he's gonna just turn 21. He had his best game and worst game in the same week. Growing pains. Even if he's traded, which would actually be good for him as a player, we should wait until Nunn and Ariza get in the mix.
One bad game and people act like he's the reason we are 9-10. He's probably still getting up to game speed. He's only played a handful of games so far this season.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:39 pm    Post subject:

Laker4lifer4real wrote:
DrDent wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Wolf - excellent point.

Jesus, he's gonna just turn 21. He had his best game and worst game in the same week. Growing pains. Even if he's traded, which would actually be good for him as a player, we should wait until Nunn and Ariza get in the mix.
One bad game and people act like he's the reason we are 9-10. He's probably still getting up to game speed. He's only played a handful of games so far this season.

Oh, I'm not suggesting he is the reason the team is 9-10, or that he should be tossed away. To the contrary.
JamaalWilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:28 pm    Post subject:

THT got his hair did for hours and hours before the game.

I wish the team spent more time practicing and less time with hair and fashion.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:51 am    Post subject:

JamaalWilkes wrote:

Damn you were there?
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:59 am    Post subject:

JamaalWilkes wrote:

Damn, I heard he's sleeping every night!!!! He should be training!!!
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:26 am    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Wolf - excellent point.

I think THT is the new Kuzman. For the next two years, I expect LG fans to say that he would be an All-Star on any other team and LGers will imagine that other teams are lusting after him and would happily trade a star to get him
BLF2145
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:13 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
DrDent wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Wolf - excellent point.

I think THT is the new Kuzman. For the next two years, I expect LG fans to say that he would be an All-Star on any other team and LGers will imagine that other teams are lusting after him and would happily trade a star to get him

“You expect”? You don’t have to expect. It is already here. Just in this thread alone in what, just the last two pages you have guys asking if he could get Trae Young or Simmons (a dude Sixers wanted Harden for). THT alone does not even get you Buddy. Over the summer people on this board had him as a central piece to bring in Beal and were serious

Right now THT gets you a aging vet that teams want to rid themselves of the contract or maybe a late first with salary filler. He gets you no where near even a boarder line young all-star type talent.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 148, 149, 150 ... 200, 201, 202  Next
Page 149 of 202
Jump to: