THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3201, 3202, 3203 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:11 pm    Post subject:

Jeffrey Dahmer was killed in prison by a fellow inmate who said "god told him to kill Dahmer".
Rittenhouse is now a target IMO.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:24 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
Jeffrey Dahmer was killed in prison by a fellow inmate who said "god told him to kill Dahmer".

Except he’s not going to prison. So it’s highly unlikely he’s targeted for any such retaliation. Though I do hope the ultimate Karma comes his way, and soon.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:29 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:

Except he’s not going to prison. So it’s highly unlikely he’s targeted for any such retaliation. Though I do hope the ultimate Karma comes his way, and soon.

we don't need a vigilante going after him. Getting knocked out? Sure.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:32 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:

George Zimmerman comes to mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:52 pm    Post subject:

runaway driver in Wisconsin feels eerie like Charlottesville. Seein the empty strollers is terrible.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:06 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
runaway driver in Wisconsin feels eerie like Charlottesville. Seein the empty strollers is terrible.

Quote:
By Associated Press
Published: Nov. 21, 2021 at 3:51 PM PST

WAUKESHA, Wis. (AP) — An SUV driver sped through a police line and into a parade of Christmas marchers on Sunday, hitting more than 20 adults and children in a horrifying scene captured by the city’s livestream and the cellphones of onlookers.

Waukesha Police Chief Dan Thompson said “some” people had been killed but would not give an exact number. A person was in custody, he said, but he did not give any indication of motive.

One video shows a woman screaming, “Oh my God!” repeatedly after a group of girls wearing Santa hats and dancing with white pompoms is struck. Another shows the SUV plowing into members of a marching band, their music replaced with terrified screams

Fire Chief Steven Howard said 11 adults and 12 children were injured and transported to hospitals by his department. It was unknown how many others injured were taken to hospitals by others.

Police also had custody of the vehicle, Thompson said. The investigation was ongoing, with assistance from the Wisconsin Department of Justice.

“What took place in Waukesha today is sickening, and I have every confidence that those responsible will be brought to justice,” tweeted the state’s top law enforcement officer, Attorney General Josh Kaul.

As the SUV broke through barricades, a Waukesha police officer fired his gun in an attempt to stop the vehicle, Thompson said. No bystanders were injured and Thompson said he did not know if the driver was struck by the officer’s bullets.

One video shows the moment the SUV broke through the barricades and the sound of what appears to be several gunshots.

The video taken when the pompom dancers got struck ends with a group of people tending to one of the girls who is on the ground.

Corey Montiho, a Waukesha school district board member, told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that his daughter’s dance team was hit by the SUV.

“They were pompoms and shoes and spilled hot chocolate everywhere. I had to go from one crumpled body to the other to find my daughter,” he said. “My wife and two daughters were almost hit. Please pray for everybody. Please pray.”

kmvt.com
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:42 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Election guru Rachel Bitecofer: Democrats face "10-alarm fire" after Virginia debacle

LINK

I view things similarly. We really need to pass Build Back Better. And pray it changes people's lives for the better quickly.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:43 am    Post subject:

Green card holder can now vote in NYC, not sure I agree with this (I think you should do the next step of becoming a citizen once you're a green card holder then you obtain the right to vote)

https://www.yahoo.com/news/york-moves-allow-800-000-130554930.html
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:45 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The Ugly American History of Eugenics
JANUARY 13, 2012 ~ EVAN LENOW

Most Americans live with the belief that we are the greatest society in the world. Our roots stem from proclamations “that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.” We confidently assert that we always take the moral high ground on the world stage. We swell with pride over the idea that the American Dream is for everyone.

However, deep down we know that there is an ugly side to American history. We are not a perfect people, and we have made egregious errors in our brief history as a nation. Many of those errors have been swept under the rug of American pride, but this week the rug was pulled up to expose a terrible reality from the not-too-distant past.

A task force in North Carolina recommended on Tuesday that the state should pay $50,000 to each living sterilization victim of the state’s eugenics program. Eugenics? Forced sterilization? This has the ring of Nazi Germany, not the United States. Unfortunately, it is true.

. . .

North Carolina is the first state to propose reparations for the victims. It is by no means the only state that implemented such horrendous practices. Some reports estimate that 33 different states had eugenics laws that allowed for forced sterilization and that more than 60,000 American were sterilized in the process.

How did our country get to this point? From an ethical standpoint, it involved the use of a consequentialist ethic. Consequentialism is the idea that ethical decisions are made based on projected outcomes. There are several different theories that implement this process, but the basic idea is that the ends justify the means. In the case of eugenics, the desired end was a society full of healthy, productive, intelligent people. The logic of consequentialism said that any means necessary to produce that desired result is acceptable. This included forcibly prohibiting those deemed “unacceptable” from reproducing.

From a scientific angle, the impetus for eugenics came from the fledgling field of genetics. While the exact nature of genetic study was still a long way off, animal breeders had long known that breeding “superior” animals together generally resulted in better offspring. The process of selective breeding in animals was transferred to humans in the eugenics movement of the late-19th and 20th centuries.

From a political perspective, the value of the society over the individual spurred on the acceptance of eugenics. Social problems involving care for the poor and ill, immigration of those viewed as “undesirable,” and the desire for a progressive society led to the implementation of such laws.

evanlenow.com
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:13 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Green card holder can now vote in NYC, not sure I agree with this (I think you should do the next step of becoming a citizen once you're a green card holder then you obtain the right to vote)

I think participating in local elections makes sense. I don't know how they're going to make sure they don't vote in elections beyond that, given ballots are often mixed with local, state, and national, but on the surface I have no problem with people determining what happens in the communities they live in, especially since they work and pay taxes which provide for their local communities.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:20 pm    Post subject:

Am I alone in Make America Great Again means, turn back the clock, Make America White Again? MAWA.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:31 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Am I alone in the Make America Great Again means, turn back the clock, Make America White Again? MAWA.

that's exactly what it means, or magats wouldn't be trying to neglect voting rights, women rights which were absent during their dreamtime.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:07 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Am I alone in the Make America Great Again means, turn back the clock, Make America White Again? MAWA.

that's exactly what it means, or magats wouldn't be trying to neglect voting rights, women rights which were absent during their dreamtime.

governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:42 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
governator wrote:

I think participating in local elections makes sense. I don't know how they're going to make sure they don't vote in elections beyond that, given ballots are often mixed with local, state, and national, but on the surface I have no problem with people determining what happens in the communities they live in, especially since they work and pay taxes which provide for their local communities.

I feel like if you want to vote then you go get your US citizenship. Being a green card holder means you are on track to get your citizenship, you can apply after 5 years. This might means you have to let go your original citizenship (if the country doesn’t recognize dual citizenship) which I think is a fair trade to become a citizen of another country. Outside of felony, there’s nothing preventing a green card holder from becoming a US citizen
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:31 pm    Post subject:

I can't vouch for this site's credibility.

If Pence runs in 2024 he could do serious damage to Trump and the party.

NEWS
Donald Trump’s Most Loyal Aide Turns His Back on the Ex-President
by Velibor Jotanovic November 17, 2021

LINK

Quote:
Donald Trump can’t have a day off. The moment he turns his back on someone, the other party starts running away. Now, it would seem it is Mike Pence’s turn for betrayal. Since the two left the White House following the loss of election and the Capitol riots, the relationship between Pence and Trump wasn’t all that great.

The rift is about to become even greater, as Pence is planning on running for the office in 2024

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:43 pm    Post subject:

This Kyle Rittenhouse (bleep) is pissing me off in ways I haven't been since Trump was President.

All the situation does, is make me think of the lowest common denominator of inappropriate behavior someone could do on the other side of the aisle in a similar situation.

Which is very similar to how Trump made me feel when he was President.

I remember at one point through the Trump-Russia stuff I advocated for Dems teaming up with China. You can imagine what I think in terms of Rittenhouse's legally sanctioned, vigilante murder spree.

But like Michelle said, when they go low ... we go high. I'm just gonna consume as little Rittenhouse content as possible, similar to Bill Maher.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:14 am    Post subject:

Kyle Rittenhouse met with Donald Trump at Mar-a-Lago after acquittal

LINK

Quote:
Rittenhouse, who was 17 at the time, shot the trio during riots that broke out over the police shooting of Jacob Blake. The teen said he acted in self-defense when he opened fire.

“He should never have been put through that,” Trump said Tuesday night, referring to Rittenhouse’s trial. “That was prosecutorial misconduct.”

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Will any Republicans challenge Trump in 2024? DeSantis, Pence and the other top contenders to know

LINK

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:24 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Will any Republicans challenge Trump in 2024? DeSantis, Pence and the other top contenders to know

LINK

No they won't because:

1) the base still loves and worships Trump
2) they are too cowardly to go against Trump and the base

They are, however, getting ready run as the next mini-Trump just in case Trump doesn't run (or can't run because he's dead or in jail).
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:24 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

No they won't because:

1) the base still loves and worships Trump
2) they are too cowardly to go against Trump and the base

They are, however, getting ready run as the next mini-Trump just in case Trump doesn't run (or can't run because he's dead or in jail).

I know America is racist but I'm truly disturbed to find just how racist the country is still. Trump pulled the cover off.

Even though it's Trump, I prefer the bold italic green.

FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:39 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I know America is racist . . .

This country was built on stolen land, slave labor, and attempted genocide(s).
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Interesting perspective:

I mostly agree.
Biden isn't getting enough credit.
The "he isn't competent" and "he isn't up for the job" crap Fox News is pushing is bs. Despite its effectiveness with some people.

And there are pluses and minuses (strictly politically speaking) when it comes to Biden's appealing-to-bipartisanship approach.

But, I'm not sure a different approach would've been better for his approval rating. Maybe, maybe not.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:37 pm    Post subject:

A comedian recently did a 12 hour spoof of a Joe Rogan's podcast.

It's hilarious.

Here are some snippets:
https://twitter.com/wehavethepeople/status/1464711408696934408?s=20
https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1463946564750225418?s=20
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:10 am    Post subject:

America is deeply broken.

The Supreme Court is about to overturn Roe v Wade thanks in large part to 3 justices appointed by Trump -- who himself tried to overthrow Democracy.

And now it's come out that Trump tested positive for COVID 3 days before the debate and exposed Biden, military families, staff, journalists and Secret Service to COVID anyway.

A serial sexual assaulter and psychopath appointed 3 justices who will now severely curtail the rights of every woman in America.

Not to mention Trump's mishandling of pandemic that led to over half a million deaths.

And GOP would happily reinstate him.

Deeply broken.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:57 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
America is deeply broken.

The Supreme Court is about to overturn Roe v Wade thanks in large part to 3 justices appointed by Trump -- who himself tried to overthrow Democracy.

And now it's come out that Trump tested positive for COVID 3 days before the debate and exposed Biden, military families, staff, journalists and Secret Service to COVID anyway.

A serial sexual assaulter and psychopath appointed 3 justices who will now severely curtail the rights of every woman in America.

Not to mention Trump's mishandling of pandemic that led to over half a million deaths.

And GOP would happily reinstate him.

Deeply broken.

That's because dumbasses have as much right to vote (for Trump) as we, non-dumbasses, have to vote for somebody else.

And when you combine dumbassery with racism, it's a surprise this country hasn't been demolished before now.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3201, 3202, 3203 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 3202 of 3663
Jump to: