Thank you MALIK MONK
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:53 am    Post subject:

Monk has a definitive Tyler Herro sort of game. By far, I think this is the best signing from Rob Pelinka. Monk is going to do some great things for this Lakers team.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:24 pm    Post subject:

Good game by Monk. He provided a much-needed scoring punch and energy tonight. The kid knows how to get buckets!
Stats: 6-11 FG (54.5%/3-6 3PG), 8 rebounds, (+15)
acer77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:31 pm    Post subject:

He's the most skilled Monk since David Carradine in Kung Fu.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:39 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
Monk has a definitive Tyler Herro sort of game. By far, I think this is the best signing from Rob Pelinka. Monk is going to do some great things for this Lakers team.

Malik reminds me a lot of a young Lou Will. Needs to develop the floater a bit but that's his game and I wish Vogel would settle in on some consistent rotation that heavily features him as a 6th man type scorer. Having Monk and Melo's scoring punch off the bench is a luxury that we can really hurt teams with. Once Nunn comes back, there's your key bench pieces plus Wayne, Ariza, and Dwight. I guess Reaves too.

IF THT, and that's a big IF, can get us a quality defensive wing, we should do that. Monk and Nunn could make Talen completely expendable to instead help in an areas we're in desperate need of.

DJ (10), Dwight (12), AD (26)
AD (8), Melo (24), LeBron (16)
LeBron (18), _______ (30)
Wayne (12), Monk (26), Nunn (10)
Westbrook (32), Nunn (16)

For now, THT and/or Reaves/Ariza can eat those mins at backup SF.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:45 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
troy wrote:

Malik reminds me a lot of a young Lou Will. Needs to develop the floater a bit but that's his game and I wish Vogel would settle in on some consistent rotation that heavily features him as a 6th man type scorer. Having Monk and Melo's scoring punch off the bench is a luxury that we can really hurt teams with. Once Nunn comes back, there's your key bench pieces plus Wayne, Ariza, and Dwight. I guess Reaves too.

IF THT, and that's a big IF, can get us a quality defensive wing, we should do that. Monk and Nunn could make Talen completely expendable to instead help in an areas we're in desperate need of.

Monk will likely bolt though. He’s making the min and we don’t have cap space next summer. Maybe if he shows out he may be a MLE candidate but we also may need that for something else too.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:47 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
2019 wrote:
troy wrote:

Monk will likely bolt though. He’s making the min and we don’t have cap space next summer. Maybe if he shows out he may be a MLE candidate but we also may need that for something else too.

That's fine. I'm looking at this as a season by season basis. Every year that goes by our chances decrease as LeBron ages. Work about today and deal with 2022/23 later.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:57 pm    Post subject:

acer77 wrote:

More skilled than Tony Shalhoub in Monk?
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:24 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
acer77 wrote:

More skilled than Tony Shalhoub in Monk?

After a recent binge of Monk I found myself picking up, organizing and straightening random items in businesses and grocery stores I went to
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Monk reminds me of a young Jordan Clarkson with a little bit of defense
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:29 pm    Post subject:

He and Avery deserved a thread of praise for the Knicks game.. They played their asses off with their tiny little salaries

Only 3 players had a positive plus minus on the Lakers
AD
AB
MM
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:15 am    Post subject:

He actually played a great game, lots of effort and intensity on D.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:21 am    Post subject:

Think with Monk is inconsistency. He has talent but here are his last 5 games.

Pacers (win) 3-6 from 3
Knicks (loss) 1-7 from 3
Pistons (win) 0-1 from 3
Boston (loss) 2-4 from 3
Milwaukke (loss) 1-7 from 3

Total 7-25 ... 28% shooting from 3. And the main reason we got him is that he's supposed to be a double threat, a guy that can shoot or drive and while he can do both he does neither consistently well enough where you say, ok that's a reliable role player.

We're asking guys who were let go by teams like Charlotte (Monk) or Golden State (Bradley) to play 30 minutes a game for us. That's how poor our depth and role player talent is this year. These guys would not be playing these minutes on teams with depth and quality role players. We have no choice because of injuries to the big 3, and the trade of Westbrook.

That said, from what I have seen, Monk has better chemistry with Bron/Westbrook than THT. Both are young and inconsistet, but Monk is much more suited to play around a big 3 than THT. And with Monk, when his offense gets going, his D energy picks up. I have noticed his motor on D is linked a lot with how it's going on O for him. That's just another weakness in our team this year, a lot of guys who are O first players with lower motors on D.

If we're looking for our "KCP" replacement at the 2, next to Westbrook at 1, and Bron at the 3 in the starting lineup. Monk is the closer of the lot vs Bazemore, THT, etc. We have tried a lot of guys, but the guy who is most close to deliver those KCP type moments on both sides is Monk. Yesterday he was even fighting on defense in a way I usually saw KCP do. For Frank's system to succeed, he needs players to do this.

But what Monk shows up at Staples?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:24 pm    Post subject:

He just needs to play and score with a much more consistent basis… If he can strings some 10-15 points games together we can go in a streak.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:54 pm    Post subject:

is it weird that I think he's the third best playmaker on the team, after Rondo? he's got a real feel for it
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:17 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
is it weird that I think he's the third best playmaker on the team, after Rondo? he's got a real feel for it

I’ve noticed that too. When he collapses the defense he’s decent at making plays. Just wish he’d shoot a bit better, but then again playing for the Lakers does that to shooters for some reason
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:17 am    Post subject:

Monk is a talented player who can score the ball at a respectable rate.
Recently it seems that MM has improved his playmaking ability and shown good effort defensively.
He just needs to be more consistent particularly on the defensive end.

After a season of settling in and gelling with the team this kid could become an integral part of the Lakers future or, at the very least, a valuable asset.

* Last game: Monk scored 17 points (6-11 FG, 3-6 3Pt, 2-2 FT), eight rebounds, one assist and one steal in 34 minutes vs Pacers.

*STATS (this season) : 9.2 PPG, 2.5 RPG, 2.1 APG, (+1.6)
phantasyman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:49 pm    Post subject:

If the Lakers don't resign Monk to a multi-year contract, they don't deserve to win a championship ever again
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:49 pm    Post subject:

Horry made a great point, Monk was hot but he only shot the ball once during 3 OT’s.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:54 pm    Post subject:

Monk is a defensively liability.

You had HBK sitting there and kings hunted monk . Vogel is supposed to be the defensive guru, did he not see it?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:29 am    Post subject:

Monk should be starting over THT.

Jordan-esque wrote:
Horry made a great point, Monk was hot but he only shot the ball once during 3 OT’s.

Vogel's stupidity. The Kings didn't have an answer for Monk all night but he barely touched the ball in the crucial moments of the game and just once in three overtimes. That's a coaching mistake.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:47 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Jordan-esque wrote:

Vogel's stupidity. The Kings didn't have an answer for Monk all night but he barely touched the ball in the crucial moments of the game and just once in three overtimes. That's a coaching mistake.

Put it on the players for not looking for him either. Didn't help
that the offense was essentially clear outs with no movement.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:
Monk is a defensively liability.

You had HBK sitting there and kings hunted monk . Vogel is supposed to be the defensive guru, did he not see it?

Monk was guarding Fox, and Fox is going to take the shots So
i wouldn't call that hunting. He did OK. Don't think Reeves could have done much better.
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:49 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Jordan-esque wrote:

I even made a thread to start monk over tht
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:25 am    Post subject:

I shall reiterate :3 Monk should start over THT. THT is not ready to be a starter yet.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:31 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
I shall reiterate :3 Monk should start over THT. THT is not ready to be a starter yet.

Both suck on defense, but Monk does have more offensive game. I love how he can break down a defense and finish in multiple ways.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 12 of 31
Jump to: