Worldwide Coronavirus Thread (US death toll passes 1 Million - that's right, 1 Million dead)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 290, 291, 292 ... 316, 317, 318  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:26 am    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
The wife went with 2XPfizer and now a Moderna booster. Pretty strong fever reaction with the booster. She tried to tough it out without a fever reducer, but finally took one and it quickly subsided.

How did she get a different booster?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:36 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
LakersRGolden wrote:
The wife went with 2XPfizer and now a Moderna booster. Pretty strong fever reaction with the booster. She tried to tough it out without a fever reducer, but finally took one and it quickly subsided.

How did she get a different booster?

You can choose whichever booster you want ... all 3 mix and match.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:22 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
trmiv wrote:
I had no side effects from Pfizer booster. But I didn’t have any side effects from the first two shots either. My wife didn’t have any side effects either.

Thanks. I'm interested to hear from people who had side effects from the second shot, as I did, so I can plan when to get it done.

I had the Pfizer booster on Sat, after 2x Pfizer before.

I had about the same reaction to the booster as I had to the second dose. Headache, very sore arm the next day, slight fever.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:34 pm    Post subject:

2 months post getting the modernax3 shot. It was the smoothest of the 3. The flu shot I got in the other arm at the same time came with site soreness after an hour and shoulder/neck pain the next day.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:14 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
2 months post getting the modernax3 shot. It was the smoothest of the 3. The flu shot I got in the other arm at the same time came with site soreness after an hour and shoulder/neck pain the next day.

I had my flu shot a few months back at the same time I had a minor surgery procedure done. I couldn't tell if the shot did anything cuz I was pretty numb with ALL OVER upper body pain for a bout 3 days.

Parents both got their boosters and barely felt anything... slight soreness.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:42 pm    Post subject:

I'm getting my Moderna booster shot at 1AM. Yes, you read that right! I went with the first available appointment and I'm wide awake at that time so, I figured, let's get it out of the way. Hoping I'm OK to play tennis tomorrow night. The first 2 shots (also Moderna) were pretty good, all things considered. It will be 7 months to the day after my 2nd shot.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:57 pm    Post subject:

Zero effects from the booster shot. Nothing, zilch, nada. A 24-hour CVS in Anaheim, who knew? Five stars!
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:15 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Zero effects from the booster shot. Nothing, zilch, nada. A 24-hour CVS in Anaheim, who knew? Five stars!

Congrats!

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:38 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Congrats!

All told, from the 3 shots, I got pretty lucky. Virtually nothing after the first one, just a slight sore arm. After the second one, the arm was a little more sore but nothing crazy, and I did have that warm/chilly flu-like feeling for about 4+ hours (this was about 8-9 hours after I took the shot), but had I taken Tylenol when the symptoms first started, it probably would've gone away faster. That was it. And with the booster shot, I mean, maybe I could barely feel a slight soreness in the arm. My buddy had his booster shot (also Moderna) last week and he said he felt like it knocked him out for the entire next day. So you just never know.

I'm happy to follow the science and do whatever the doctors recommend. Science was my worst subject in school so I just try to be as informed as possible.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:28 am    Post subject:

24 hours after the Pfizer booster, and my only side effect was a mildly-sore arm, which is exactly the same reaction I received from the first shot (second shot had no side effects).
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:20 am    Post subject:

Quote:
First European case of B.1.1.529 variant identified in Belgium
Daniel Boffey

Daniel Boffey

A first case in Europe of the new variant of Covid-19 has been identified in Belgium in an unvaccinated young adult woman who developed mild flu-like symptoms 11 days after travelling to Egypt via Turkey.

The patient did not report any links with South Africa or other countries in southern Africa. None of her family members have developed symptoms. The patient was said to have a high viral load at the time of diagnosis by researchers at the universities, KU Leuven and UZ Leuven.

https://tinyurl.com/ye65tusz

*Sigh*
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:54 am    Post subject:

Markets already panicking over this variant. Scientists calling for travel “code red” over it.

This (bleep) nightmare feels like it’s never going to end.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:19 am    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:
Markets already panicking over this variant. Scientists calling for travel “code red” over it.

We'll see. People need to stay vaxxed up and masked up. It's not rocket science.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:35 pm    Post subject:

It's significantly out competing delta. Not good.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:36 pm    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:

Its going to end, because people like me who have lived by the protocols will start to question everything. I'm not going to jump because there is a report out there. I am fine with yearly vaccines in the vein of a flu shot, but if societies start to overreact those in charge will be pushed out.

Mask up
Get vaccinated
If you are at high risk, that sucks for you
live a healthy lifestyle.

Thats it.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:04 pm    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:

The only successful long term strategy is mitigation. That means the virus will be here in the long term but taking pro-active measures such as getting vaccinated and masking up when necessary.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:42 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
trmiv wrote:

Its going to end, because people like me who have lived by the protocols will start to question everything. I'm not going to jump because there is a report out there. I am fine with yearly vaccines in the vein of a flu shot, but if societies start to overreact those in charge will be pushed out.

Mask up
Get vaccinated

Thats it.

Yeah… I dined at restaurants (outdoors) for the first time since the start of this all this week. At a certain point, I’ll just accept that I’m going to get it. The last thing I’m holding out for is the Pfizer pill.

Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:46 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
trmiv wrote:

The only successful long term strategy is mitigation. That means the virus will be here in the long term but taking pro-active measures such as getting vaccinated and masking up when necessary.

The thing is, a virus will always have a chance to mutate when more hosts are unvaccinated. And the vaccination rate in Africa is just disastrously low. South Africa has less than 25%, just like the its' neighboring countries in southern Africa.
So while millions in the West are refusing to get vaccinated due to ignorant or selfish reasons, people in other countries have no choice. So we will always have stronger variants of Covid.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:54 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Covid: 13 test positive for Omicron after S Africa-Netherlands flights
Published 11 hours ago

The new coronavirus variant Omicron has been detected in 13 people who arrived in the Dutch capital Amsterdam on two flights from South Africa.

They are among 61 passengers who tested positive for coronavirus.

It comes as tighter restrictions come into force in the Netherlands, amid record Covid cases and concerns over the new variant.

This includes early closing times for hospitality and cultural venues, and limits on home gatherings.

Omicron was first reported to the World Health Organization (WHO) by South Africa on Wednesday, and early evidence suggests it has a higher re-infection risk. It has been categorised by the WHO as a "variant of concern".

But after many countries around the world restrict travel from southern African countries over the variant, South African President Cyril Ramaphosa called for the bans to be urgently lifted.

. . .

Cases of the heavily mutated variant have now been reported in a number of countries around the world, including several in Europe, such as the UK, Germany and Italy.

. . .

Dr Angelique Coetzee, chair of the South African Medical Association, told the BBC countries could be "panicking unnecessarily" and the symptoms she had seen from the new variant were "extremely mild".

Meanwhile, the Netherlands is one of several European countries struggling to contain record numbers of coronavirus infections.

It has a shortage of intensive care beds, operations are being cancelled and hundreds of people are dying of Covid every week, the BBC's Anna Holligan in The Hague says.

BBC
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:37 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
trmiv wrote:

Mask up
Get vaccinated

Thats it.

Pretty on brand
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:54 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Kaitlan Collins @kaitlancollins

NEWS — the CDC has identified first case of Omicron in the US in California, per a source.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:35 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:
Kaitlan Collins @kaitlancollins

NEWS — the CDC has identified first case of Omicron in the US in California, per a source.

"And so it begins..."
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Vaxed
Boosted
Flu shotted
And I still just got sick as a dog.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:44 pm    Post subject:

If Omicron symptoms are as mild as are being reported, and it can out-compete Delta, it might be a very good thing. I'm definitely watching this closely.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:49 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
COVID-19: Most Omicron cases are 'mild' and there's no evidence to suggest vaccines may be less effective against the variant, says WHO official

The World Health Organisation has also urged countries to apply "an evidence-informed and risk-based approach" to travel measures, saying blanket bans will not prevent the spread of the new Omicron COVID variant.

Early indications suggest most Omicron coronavirus cases are "mild", an official at the World Health Organisation (WHO) has said.

Speaking on behalf of the organisation, the official said there is no evidence to suggest the efficacy of vaccines has been reduced by the new strain - but did say some mutations of the virus indicate an increased risk of quicker transmission.

They said more than 40 different mutations have been identified with the Omicron variant.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-most-omicron-cases-are-mild-and-theres-no-evidence-to-suggest-vaccines-may-be-less-effective-against-the-variant-says-who-12483729
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 290, 291, 292 ... 316, 317, 318  Next
Page 291 of 318
Jump to: