Walmart shoplifter in wheelchair pulls a knife and cop feared for his life and shot him 9 times in the back.. last one in the back of the head
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:44 pm    Post subject: Walmart shoplifter in wheelchair pulls a knife and cop feared for his life and shot him 9 times in the back.. last one in the back of the head

Quote:
Then put handcuffs on him..

Fired.. Why not arrested?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tucson-police-officer-shooting-mobility-scooter/
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: Walmart shoplifter in wheelchair pulls a knife and cop feared for his life and shot him 9 times in the back.. last one in the back of the head

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Quote:
Then put handcuffs on him..

Fired.. Why not arrested?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tucson-police-officer-shooting-mobility-scooter/

Its Arizona.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:12 am    Post subject:

Too many policemen are products of kids that were bullied. I'm not claiming to be qualified to make a psychological determination to back up that assertion. I don't know if it's being addressed. I think it should be. Policing is an authoritative position with life and death decisions at its fingertips. Care in hiring should be priority number 1.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:23 am    Post subject:

Murder
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:32 am    Post subject:

And let that be a lesson to smash and grab retail thieves everywhere!

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:32 am    Post subject:

dp

Last edited by C M B on Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:36 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:

I'm hoping this is very dark humor.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:41 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
C M B wrote:

I too think this and also why they only happen in strict gun law states. ca, chi.

No way this happens in tx or Fla.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:59 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:

YNJ

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:37 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
C M B wrote:

I too think this and also why they only happen in strict gun law states. ca, chi.

You gotta be kidding! Two of the most backward states in the Union? Please tell me this is sarcasm.

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
C M B wrote:

Theft only happens in California and (the city of) Chicago? We're talking about this man being shot to death by a bloodthirsty cop in...*checks notes*... Arizona.

My one remaining conservative friend moved to Arizona a few years back so he could open carry his pistol on his hip. Super strict gun laws out there in Tuscon.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:11 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:

Timmy!!
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:04 pm    Post subject:

I mean… The guy clearly was guilty of shoplifting. He was given sufficient notice to return the stolen item and drop his knife. He proceeded to respond: “If you want me to put down the knife, you're going to have to shoot me.”

And clearly the police officer wanted him to put down his knife, so he simply followed the given instructions. What, exactly, is the problem here? Should we all just be able to take things from others with no repercussions whatsoever? No wonder the crime rate in California is so high with this kind of reasoning.

LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:53 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Should we all just be able to take things from others with no repercussions whatsoever?

We have a system in place that administers repercussions. It's called the court system.

It's not the police's job to dole out repercussions for alleged criminal offenses.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:55 pm    Post subject:

Murder

More like public execution . . . devoid of a judge and jury.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:59 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
C M B wrote:

Dude, this may shock you, but Chicago isn't a state.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:12 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
I mean… The guy clearly was guilty of shoplifting. He was given sufficient notice to return the stolen item and drop his knife. He proceeded to respond: “If you want me to put down the knife, you're going to have to shoot me.”

And clearly the police officer wanted him to put down his knife, so he simply followed the given instructions. What, exactly, is the problem here? Should we all just be able to take things from others with no repercussions whatsoever? No wonder the crime rate in California is so high with this kind of reasoning.

I normally ignore your trolling, but I have to address this nonsense, not because it will matter to you, and not to give you the attention you so clearly seek with frequency, but hopefully it will serve as a reminder to the mods of what absolute crap you continuously post here. A police officer is not allowed to be the judge, jury and executioner in ANY crime, much less a petty crime like shoplifting. The man posed no direct threat to anyone's immediate safety, which is the only justification for lethal force. I know you are aware of this, and yet you post such obviously obtuse nonsense. Just stop it.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:20 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

I normally ignore your trolling, but I have to address this nonsense, not because it will matter to you, and not to give you the attention you so clearly seek with frequency, but hopefully it will serve as a reminder to the mods of what absolute crap you continuously post here. A police officer is not allowed to be the judge, jury and executioner in ANY crime, much less a petty crime like shoplifting. The man posed no direct threat to anyone's immediate safety, which is the only justification for lethal force. I know you are aware of this, and yet you post such obviously obtuse nonsense. Just stop it.

It was self defense. He was just doing his job. Get with the times.

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:05 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

The cop was fired, Suburban Dirty Harry. Not even the Tuscon PD are as bloodthirsty for extrajudicial executions over a stolen toolbox as you.

Good to know you fantasize about double tapping the dome of someone who might steal a shovel out of your garage, though.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:20 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

The cop was fired, Suburban Dirty Harry. Not even the Tuscon PD are as bloodthirsty for extrajudicial executions over a stolen toolbox as you.

Good to know you fantasize about double tapping the dome of someone who might steal a shovel out of your garage, though.

And someone who could make "speedy" escape in a wheelchair . . . I mean unless of course they decide to stop spinning those wheels to menace you with a knife . . . while, you know . . . being stuck in a wheelchair.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:27 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

Well, my opinion is my opinion and your opinion is your opinion. Both opinions are equally valid.

C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:06 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:

reference to this

Halflife wrote:
The grove in West Hollywood . So when one of these guys, gals get shot. What’s the narrative going to be?

Because at some point the law will have to be obeyed.

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:00 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
C M B wrote:

reference to this

Halflife wrote:
The grove in West Hollywood . So when one of these guys, gals get shot. What’s the narrative going to be?

Because at some point the law will have to be obeyed.

Maybe BVH was hoping it was dark humor as a fan of the genre?? Ehh?...
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:48 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Well, my opinion is my opinion and your opinion is your opinion. Both opinions are equally valid.

That’s not how that works at all. Having an opinion or even a right to one doesn’t lend any validity to it, much less a nakedly callow opinion like that one.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:39 am    Post subject:

This was knife wielding perp who was confronted, made threats against an armed officer, then tried to enter another store (after threatening an armed officer). This was not a simple case of shoplifting.

Though the officer should have first shot out the tires on the mobility scooter, and the hand wielding the knife...some charges may be in order, but calling it murder is premature.

I wouldn't read too much into the police chief's condemnation, as he is seeking to curry favor with Senate Democrats for his new position (being voted on soon). Both the national and state sheriff's associations oppose him.

https://www.kvoa.com/news/tpd-chief-magnus-nomination-to-lead-cbp-is-sent-to-a-vote/article_01b22a78-53f9-11ec-ab3d-373a9ea1dc86.html#tncms-source=article-nav-next
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: