Frank Vogel Official Lakers Head Coach for 3-Years
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 169, 170, 171 ... 222, 223, 224  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you happy about Vogel becoming our coach?
No
12%
 12%  [ 62 ]
Yes
54%
 54%  [ 271 ]
Neutral
32%
 32%  [ 163 ]
Total Votes : 496

nshid
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:27 am    Post subject: Gilbert Arenas take on Vogel

I think Gilbert Arenas' take on the Lakers current situation is pretty accurate. Some of the same issues from the last 2 years remain...inconsistent rotations, unsolidified roles, and inexistent offense.

youtu.be/u0pxm7grc34
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:44 am    Post subject:

Arenas wanted DeAndre and Dwight to play together. He is an idiot, sorry.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
nshid
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:01 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Arenas wanted DeAndre and Dwight to play together. He is an idiot, sorry.

I would play that lineup in certain scenarios. You sacrifice something and play to your strengths.

Nothing is off limits or taboo when it comes to strategy. Lakers should be focused on using their strengths, not on a perfect ideal scenario.
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Well, Frank is definitely playing plus minus guys last 8 minutes of 4th quarters.

No Melo, no problem!
HC: Riley
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:25 pm    Post subject:

According to ESPN, the Lakers now have the 9th best defense in the NBA. There was a stat that showed all the last 20 champions or so, have been at least a top 10 defense team in the RS.

What's interesting is our best (alleged, not sure myself) wing defender is Ariza who has not logged a minute and another guy we had major hopes for in THT (on D) hasn't been able to get consistent minutes. If we can give a big chunk of Melo's minutes to Ariza, and THT/Reaves take up Monk's minutes, we may actually have a legit shot at being very good defensively. Pretty crazy to even talk about this, based on how bad our D was in early November and late October.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:55 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
According to ESPN, the Lakers now have the 9th best defense in the NBA. There was a stat that showed all the last 20 champions or so, have been at least a top 10 defense team in the RS.

What's interesting is our best (alleged, not sure myself) wing defender is Ariza who has not logged a minute and another guy we had major hopes for in THT (on D) hasn't been able to get consistent minutes. If we can give a big chunk of Melo's minutes to Ariza, and THT/Reaves take up Monk's minutes, we may actually have a legit shot at being very good defensively. Pretty crazy to even talk about this, based on how bad our D was in early November and late October.

Imagine having Jerami Grant over THT.. our defense would go nuclear.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Imagine having Jerami Grant over THT.. our defense would go nuclear.

Imagine having Matisse Thybulle.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:54 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

Last night was a thing of beauty. Players making the correct reads, switching, helping the helper

The team is doing the homework regarding defense. New players are more comfortable with Vogel's schemes
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:55 am    Post subject:

Wonder if we can run offense more like we did against Dallas. Not sure if people noticed, but we slowed the game down a lot more and had Bron handling the ball. Then sometimes WB would play PG, but there was not an obsessive fastbreak/high tempo mentality.

What we did great with AD at the 5 was the way we spread out the floor and had cutters get into the paint. This is our strength on offense.

We're still on the paper a "badly" coached team on offense. 6th in points, but 24th in O rating. Defensively we're a "well" coached team. 9th in D rating.

How can the O improve? I think by slowing down a bit. We saw that Russ is very effective in halfcourt sets too, if we have him move to the corner 3 spot and also have him cut. He is not just a guy that can attack from the PG spot. The other thing is when we slow down and have Bron run the PG more, it just seems to help our offense so much. You could see Lebron orchestrate many plays yesterday in advance.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:59 am    Post subject:

Over the last 3 weeks we are 5th in defense, and 15th on offense. 6th in Net rating. I think that defense number is legit to our potential. If we run lineups with Dwight/AD @ 5, Bron/THT/Reaves/Bradley as wings, there should be no reason we can't be a very good defensive team with the type of coach Vogel is.

Lets see if this defense can continue, because I feel the reason we've been better in these last 10 games is primarily the improvements we have made in defense.
Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:45 am    Post subject:

Rick Carlise is out dated? Read its not looking good at Pacers.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:06 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/lakerfilmroom/status/1471568894020096001?s=21

More of this offense please.

Beautiful movement and sequence.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:13 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1472600710428639240?s=21

Vogel enters HSP.

Fizdale will be coach tonight.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:14 am    Post subject:

wow
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:45 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1472600710428639240?s=21

Vogel enters HSP.

Fizdale will be coach tonight.

This is going to inflate some major Fizdale noise if they do well with Fiz as HC.
Not a fan of this, at all.
These games should not be played with rosters are half empty due to a pandemic.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:02 pm    Post subject:

I don’t know about anyone else but I still have to go to work tomorrow despite the pandemic. If I miss work because of the virus I have to pay, be it using sick/vacation time or not getting paid. As a result I have to be very careful with my off work activities. Maybe shift some of the responsibilities to the players and make sure that they are doing what is necessary to stay healthy. It won’t stop infections but might slow things down. It seems that the league got lax with their protection requirements.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:10 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I don’t know about anyone else but I still have to go to work tomorrow despite the pandemic. If I miss work because of the virus I have to pay, be it using sick/vacation time or not getting paid. As a result I have to be very careful with my off work activities. Maybe shift some of the responsibilities to the players and make sure that they are doing what is necessary to stay healthy. It won’t stop infections but might slow things down. It seems that the league got lax with their protection requirements.

Which they haven’t. I’m still wondering if this outbreak is due to Dwight and Monk. If they are, teams should be allowed to discipline players as they see fit. Whether that is by suspended them for behavior detrimental to the team or with cut in pay. They should know better than to go to a concert and take pictures unmasked. The risk was far to great and now they and others are in HSP.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2021 8:24 pm    Post subject:

Never thought I would say it… But please come back soon Vogel. Fiz is just flatout horrible.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2021 8:44 pm    Post subject:

Tell Fiz it’s ok to play less than 4 guards at one time
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:16 am    Post subject:

If I'm Vogel, I stay out as long as possible. Stay away from this Laker sht show and don't catch so much blame for it. Make it clear that this team's floundering is due to Rob's poor assembly of it, and not so much from the X's and O's from the head coach.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:29 am    Post subject:

What happened to Vogel's defensive team
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:32 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
If I'm Vogel, I stay out as long as possible. Stay away from this Laker sht show and don't catch so much blame for it. Make it clear that this team's floundering is due to Rob's poor assembly of it, and not so much from the X's and O's from the head coach.

lmao.

Vogel is still coaching this team. We are running his offensive system which is why our players look like scrubs. He also decides who starts etc,

This is a post from a gsw fan that illustrates what's wrong with vogel:

"Since he got there, Steve Kerr has put role players into positions to excel, GP2 being the latest example. Maybe because he was a role player himself, his system stresses everyone contributing and being part of the action. There's a reason the Warriors are at or near the top of the league in assists every year--everyone touches the ball, or cuts to the basket, or sets screens, no one is standing around watching. So maybe that's why they look stacked--on another team they wouldn't."

There is a reason Kuz, Trez, KCP, Mcgee and even Wesley matthews are looking better on other teams.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:55 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

You need defensive guys first. Imagine giving MDA a roster of no 3 point shooters.

When given the right players, Vogel’s defensive system is pretty to watch and can win games. That pacers team was always a hard out with PG13 as their only star. Their defense was so good. Out 2019/2020 team was always so good on defense that even when shots don’t go in, we can be in games, but this year……
Vogel is asking bad defenders to play the same aggressive/switching defense, and the result is obvious. Our best defender is obviously out, but he needs to adjust on the switching. You give bad defenders the same switching assignment, they got lost easily after 2-3 moves. Stanley is the kind of defender Vogel needs, I am surprised they kept him in G league for that long.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:26 pm    Post subject:

scout_0 wrote:
troy wrote:

lmao.

Vogel is still coaching this team. We are running his offensive system which is why our players look like scrubs. He also decides who starts etc,

This is a post from a gsw fan that illustrates what's wrong with vogel:

"Since he got there, Steve Kerr has put role players into positions to excel, GP2 being the latest example. Maybe because he was a role player himself, his system stresses everyone contributing and being part of the action. There's a reason the Warriors are at or near the top of the league in assists every year--everyone touches the ball, or cuts to the basket, or sets screens, no one is standing around watching. So maybe that's why they look stacked--on another team they wouldn't."

There is a reason Kuz, Trez, KCP, Mcgee and even Wesley matthews are looking better on other teams.

It is about getting the right players fit into the right system. That's how Caruso earned his new contract. It is pretty clear that most of the players Pelinka brought to the team this season are not typical Vogel's type of player.

We can't run the same type of offense as the GSW. In fact, our roster construction is the complete opposite of them. We might be the only team in which none of the top 5 highest-paid player is shooters and 4 of them, their strength is to score in the paint.
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:02 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
governator wrote:

You need defensive guys first. Imagine giving MDA a roster of no 3 point shooters.

When given the right players, Vogel’s defensive system is pretty to watch and can win games. That pacers team was always a hard out with PG13 as their only star. Their defense was so good. Out 2019/2020 team was always so good on defense that even when shots don’t go in, we can be in games, but this year……
Vogel is asking bad defenders to play the same aggressive/switching defense, and the result is obvious. Our best defender is obviously out, but he needs to adjust on the switching. You give bad defenders the same switching assignment, they got lost easily after 2-3 moves. Stanley is the kind of defender Vogel needs, I am surprised they kept him in G league for that long.

Is it really that or is it other things that's really the problem like Lakers are not getting enough practice time. I saw a tweet earlier today saying today is their 10th practice.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 169, 170, 171 ... 222, 223, 224  Next
Page 170 of 224
Jump to: