*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Minnesota Timberwolves (01/02/22 @ 6:30 pm PT) Gm#38 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:31 pm    Post subject:

TMG wrote:
That Houston team in 2020 was the perfect ensemble to maximize Russ's strength. A superstar who could shoot it well.

surrounded by shooters that could defend well.

Tucker
Gordon
Covington
House
Jeff Green

Even the bench were filled with shooters.

And they barely made it past OKC and got stomped by us.

The gameplan against Russ is already written and implemented.

We win a chip with Russ im willing to put Lebron as the Goat.

But it's never going to happen because winning with Russ is an impossibility.

Yeah agreed. but to be fair, that's not our plan. That's our backup plan. Our primary plan is to run AD with Bron. So you have an elite rim protection guy, a good rebound guy, a post presence and a shot creator from the big man position. It's just that we're not playing 2 bigs.

This Lebron at the 5 ball is while AD is out. Houston traded away Capela to make that happen. We're running it as our backup plan, and as a path we see better than running Dwight/DAJ with Westbrook. The real issue is that no matter what we've tried with WB it hasn't looked great. But, Lebron at the 5 has made Lebron play better, and has made Westbrook's errors hurt us a little less. Westbrook's weaknesses are exposed much more when we play bigger.

I have no championship expectations for this year, but I do think if we get AD to buy into being a perimeter defender and playing the 5 out offense, it will be a much better team than that Houston team. Still doesn't mean they can win a title with WB.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:31 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Quote:
Lakers Nation
@LakersNation
Frank Vogel says he had to “resist the urge” to go big when they were getting killed on the glass. He feels the Timberwolves are a great “perimeter crashing” team so going with a bigger lineup wouldn’t have changed much.

Dwight could have helped in short stints by providing some rim protection and rebounding.
Lakers gave up 58 points in the paint, gave up 20 second chance points and were out-rebounded 62-38. We have to play better in those areas.

However any win is a good win...... GO LAKERS!
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:40 pm    Post subject:

TMG wrote:
That Houston team in 2020 was the perfect ensemble to maximize Russ's strength. A superstar who could shoot it well.

Tucker
Gordon
Covington
House
Jeff Green

I really think this is what Lebron was thinking when they decided to play together. He has nothing to lose tbh.

It’s not going to happen, but god bless him for trying…

Last edited by LakerSD on Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:40 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
TMG wrote:

Tucker
Gordon
Covington
House
Jeff Green

Yeah agreed. but to be fair, that's not our plan. That's our backup plan. Our primary plan is to run AD with Bron. So you have an elite rim protection guy, a good rebound guy, a post presence and a shot creator from the big man position. It's just that we're not playing 2 bigs.

This Lebron at the 5 ball is while AD is out. Houston traded away Capela to make that happen. We're running it as our backup plan, and as a path we see better than running Dwight/DAJ with Westbrook. The real issue is that no matter what we've tried with WB it hasn't looked great. But, Lebron at the 5 has made Lebron play better, and has made Westbrook's errors hurt us a little less. Westbrook's weaknesses are exposed much more when we play bigger.

I have no championship expectations for this year, but I do think if we get AD to buy into being a perimeter defender and playing the 5 out offense, it will be a much better team than that Houston team. Still doesn't mean they can win a title with WB.

Oh i get it's just a backup with AD injured. Im just bracing myself for a trainwreck to be honest.

Other than that i am loving Reaves right now. Easily my fave Laker.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:28 pm    Post subject:

A win is a win.

Just can not believe hard this team makes it on themselves just about every game
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:35 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Quote:
Lakers Nation
@LakersNation
Frank Vogel says he had to “resist the urge” to go big when they were getting killed on the glass. He feels the Timberwolves are a great “perimeter crashing” team so going with a bigger lineup wouldn’t have changed much.

I was wondering if someone was going to post this. When I heard it and then the tweet came up I thought about it but then I was like let me just let this go LOL

I mean I guess he had a point with his second point about getting the small ball guys to start gang rebounding and what have you. But part of me thinks Mr. Frankie V is just a bit stubborn.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:56 pm    Post subject:

TMG wrote:

Tucker
Gordon
Covington
House
Jeff Green

Lebron's already the goat for winning a ring for Pelinka in his first year. Though winning another one for Russ would make him the "supergoat"
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:13 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
TMG wrote:

Tucker
Gordon
Covington
House
Jeff Green

I think the team we have is better suited for Russ than that Houston team, because Russ is only the third option here and he's not the main floor general.

But ideally we'd acquire a 5 with legit height for a 5 who can hit 3s. If you want to open up the floor and play 5 out, that's what you need. Because we can't beat the good and great teams playing so small.

As Pat Riley said, no rebounds, no rings.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:47 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
TMG wrote:

Tucker
Gordon
Covington
House
Jeff Green

I think the team we have is better suited for Russ than that Houston team, because Russ is only the third option here and he's not the main floor general.

But ideally we'd acquire a 5 with legit height for a 5 who can hit 3s. If you want to open up the floor and play 5 out, that's what you need. Because we can't beat the good and great teams playing so small.

As Pat Riley said, no rebounds, no rings.

Bolded is true yet he still managed 9 turnovers. It's almost like he's trying to cough up the rock.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:15 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

Bolded is true yet he still managed 9 turnovers. It's almost like he's trying to cough up the rock.

It seems like an ego thing to me. Russ keeps trying to “be Russ” and more and more the team is shifting away from that. When asked about the team turnovers today, Vogel said we needed to “slow down”. He also said the roster needs to shift to two-way players around Bron and AD (without mentioning Russ as a third star). Bron has mentioned the need to limit the unforced turnovers.

Russ has been pushing back in the media, talking about not caring what people expect of him, and that missed shots and turnovers aren’t indicative of whether he played well.

It could get worse before it gets better.
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:15 am    Post subject:

Monk has to be a part of this team's core moving forward, too valuable to pass on. Hopefully he likes it here and wants to stay long term
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24
Page 24 of 24
Jump to: