Worldwide Coronavirus Thread (US death toll passes 1 Million - that's right, 1 Million dead)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 297, 298, 299 ... 316, 317, 318  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:56 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
I don’t care what the rationalization is behind treating anti-vaxxers suffering the effects of COVID ahead of patients who are dying if other diseases is, but it’s absolute (bleep).

Iowa man dies of sepsis while waiting for hospital bed

There are so many stories of things like this happening ... unvaccinated people taking up beds for months while people die in hallways or can't get treatment. Honestly, we need to set up triage areas outside of hospitals for unvaccinated and that's where they get their minimal treatment. Leave the hospitals to the people who took this pandemic seriously.

Friend of mine who's an ER nurse in the greater Seattle area says his hospital is reducing elective cases by 50% tomorrow and likely by end of week they'll be halting all elective cases. Apparently there are zero beds in the area and people are being treated in ER hallways and waiting rooms.

Which hospital? Currently King County isn’t maxed out on ER and ICU capacity, but the number of regular beds is strained because downstream resources (long term rehab, memory care, etc) are hugely deficient and not allowing the release of patients to them as normal.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:57 pm    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:
Well school is back in session tomorrow here. Orange County Florida schools are requiring staff members to wear masks but they can’t legally require students to wear masks because of DeathSantis. So my wife will be wearing a KN95, but I’d be shocked if 50% of her students wear masks. My daughter is also returning to in person school from the virtual school she was attending. We set this in motion before Omicron was a thing and it was too late to go back. She’s vaccinated, but who knows how many of her classmates are. She will be wearing a KN95, but again masks aren’t required so who knows about other kids. Also she has to take the mask off eat lunch, and since Omicron doesn’t take lunch breaks I’m not sure how she avoids bringing it home.

I wouldn’t be too concerned about any of this since both my wife and I are boosted and daughter is freshly vaccinated, but we also have an 8 month old that obviously isn’t vaccinated. I worry about giving it to her, but also worry how the hell we’ll coordinate caring for her if say my wife gets infected or 8 year old gets infected.

Is lunch indoors or outdoors? Do you think KN95/N95 protects the wearer enough if the people aren’t them aren’t masked?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Lunch is indoors.

I don’t think any mask not 100% perfectly fitted is enough when a good percentage of the people you’re trapped in a windowless room with all day aren’t wearing masks. Plus there’s only so much I can do to make sure an 8 year old is wearing their mask fitted properly. Once I drop her off she’s on her own, and the teachers won’t help out of fear of nutbag anti-mask parents. At least my wife’s school is brand new this year so maybe HVAC is good. Daughters school is like 6 years old I think.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:03 pm    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:
Lunch is indoors.

I don’t think any mask not 100% perfectly fitted is enough when a good percentage of the people you’re trapped in a windowless room with all day aren’t wearing masks. Plus there’s only so much I can do to make sure an 8 year old is wearing their mask fitted properly. Once I drop her off she’s on her own, and the teachers won’t help out of fear of nutbag anti-mask parents. At least my wife’s school is brand new this year so maybe HVAC is good. Daughters school is like 6 years old I think.

I’m a college instructor. Department admin tells us not to enforce the mask mandate, presumably because it is a liability issue if it ends up in confrontation. Students frequently don’t wear their masks properly, or wear bandanas or gaiters.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:15 pm    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:
Well school is back in session tomorrow here. Orange County Florida schools are requiring staff members to wear masks but they can’t legally require students to wear masks because of DeathSantis. So my wife will be wearing a KN95, but I’d be shocked if 50% of her students wear masks. My daughter is also returning to in person school from the virtual school she was attending. We set this in motion before Omicron was a thing and it was too late to go back. She’s vaccinated, but who knows how many of her classmates are. She will be wearing a KN95, but again masks aren’t required so who knows about other kids. Also she has to take the mask off eat lunch, and since Omicron doesn’t take lunch breaks I’m not sure how she avoids bringing it home.

I wouldn’t be too concerned about any of this since both my wife and I are boosted and daughter is freshly vaccinated, but we also have an 8 month old that obviously isn’t vaccinated. I worry about giving it to her, but also worry how the hell we’ll coordinate caring for her if say my wife gets infected or 8 year old gets infected.

A friend of mine’s kid went back to middle school today. They sent all the kids home midday because one kid tested positive after a voluntary testing the school implemented for the students to choose if they wished. Apparently less than half chose to. So it’s unlikely the kid who tested positive was the only one. It staggers me that the lessons of the last 23 months have taught us nothing and we are right back to having another spike while making the same mistakes.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:55 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
trmiv wrote:

A friend of mine’s kid went back to middle school today. They sent all the kids home midday because one kid tested positive after a voluntary testing the school implemented for the students to choose if they wished. Apparently less than half chose to. So it’s unlikely the kid who tested positive was the only one. It staggers me that the lessons of the last 23 months have taught us nothing and we are right back to having another spike while making the same mistakes.

Cuz "freedom"

*Eyeroll
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:47 am    Post subject:

I don’t know the solution for schools. I do know that after having my daughter attend virtually since March 2020 that virtual school isn’t the answer, especially for us. My daughter is a bright, precocious kid and has done well in her strong subjects, but has fallen behind in Math. Also, I can see the toll not being around other kids frequently has taken on her mentally and socially. She’s always been a social butterfly unlike her introvert parents, so it’s been tough for her.

And the toll hasn’t just been on her. Helping what started as a 1st grader and is now a 3rd grader through virtual learning is a lot of work for the parent that assists. Since my wife is a teacher that duty fell mostly on me since I work from home. Constantly having to help my daughter and monitor her through the day greatly impacted my ability to get my own work done. After last semester, especially with her vaccinated, we decided it was enough and she needed to go back for her sake and mine.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:44 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Kelly Ernby, a political newcomer who ran for an Orange County state Assembly seat two years ago as a Republican, died this week of COVID-19.

She was an ardent and vocal opponent of COVID-19 vaccination mandates.

https://twitter.com/latimes/status/1478419705979445256?t=P6uCzDSmeNzf0bjIjPdY9A&s=19
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:47 am    Post subject:

So the US set a new record yesterday by logging 1,000,000 new COVID cases . . .
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:48 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
Kelly Ernby, a political newcomer who ran for an Orange County state Assembly seat two years ago as a Republican, died this week of COVID-19.

https://twitter.com/latimes/status/1478419705979445256?t=P6uCzDSmeNzf0bjIjPdY9A&s=19

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:48 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
I don’t care what the rationalization is behind treating anti-vaxxers suffering the effects of COVID ahead of patients who are dying if other diseases is, but it’s absolute (bleep).

Iowa man dies of sepsis while waiting for hospital bed

There are so many stories of things like this happening ... unvaccinated people taking up beds for months while people die in hallways or can't get treatment. Honestly, we need to set up triage areas outside of hospitals for unvaccinated and that's where they get their minimal treatment. Leave the hospitals to the people who took this pandemic seriously.

Friend of mine who's an ER nurse in the greater Seattle area says his hospital is reducing elective cases by 50% tomorrow and likely by end of week they'll be halting all elective cases. Apparently there are zero beds in the area and people are being treated in ER hallways and waiting rooms.

Which hospital? Currently King County isn’t maxed out on ER and ICU capacity, but the number of regular beds is strained because downstream resources (long term rehab, memory care, etc) are hugely deficient and not allowing the release of patients to them as normal.

He's in Pierce County (Tacoma)
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:53 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

No end in sight. At this point, even if Pfizer is able to ramp up production of Paxlovid (which sounds amazing), I think the people clogging our ER's who need the drug most would either wait too long for it to be effective or refuse to take it.

I'm not sure there's a way out of this without some measures getting really draconian.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:40 am    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

No end in sight. At this point, even if Pfizer is able to ramp up production of Paxlovid (which sounds amazing), I think the people clogging our ER's who need the drug most would either wait too long for it to be effective or refuse to take it.

I'm not sure there's a way out of this without some measures getting really draconian.

Whatever it takes man . . . whatever it takes.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:28 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:

Some would consider her a martyr. :eyeroll:
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:25 pm    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:

I loved how people went to here FB page to say that she died because she got the vaccine, and her husband said, "She was NOT vaccinated, that was the problem".
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:35 pm    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:

gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:58 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
gng930 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:

I loved how people went to here FB page to say that she died because she got the vaccine, and her husband said, "She was NOT vaccinated, that was the problem".

Gotta feel bad for the husband though who is left picking up the pieces and has to deal with hecklers from both sides now basically. It doesn't appear they have kids luckily.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:05 am    Post subject:

Seeing Fake Vaccination Cards on Craigslist..

I think anyone who knowingly provides fake vaccination status should be incarcerated and convicted with a serious felony.

https://boulder.craigslist.org/for/d/boulder-tundra-vaccine-heatshield-card/7429258222.html

^^these aren't locals.. ^^its everywhere on Craigslist and other places
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:07 am    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
gng930 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:

Gotta feel bad for the husband though who is left picking up the pieces and has to deal with hecklers from both sides now basically. It doesn't appear they have kids luckily.

One thing I prayed for in all Trump Supporters -- whew
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:21 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
gng930 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:

DYOR - She was out partying with Elvis when he came back from the dead and they died (again) in a DUI single vehicle crash. The hospital listed Covid as the cause for the $$$$ just because she had tested positive. I'd post the link but I this site won't let me. Open your eyes people!!!!
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:14 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
gng930 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
gng930 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:

My parents are Trump supporters....what are you trying to say?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:38 pm    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
gng930 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:

DYOR - She was out partying with Elvis when he came back from the dead and they died (again) in a DUI single vehicle crash. The hospital listed Covid as the cause for the $$$$ just because she had tested positive. I'd post the link but I this site won't let me. Open your eyes people!!!!

A life snuffed at the age of 46 by Darwinism. Try as I may, I don't understand anti-vaxers. They're dying on that hill. Makes you question the idiom “Only the good die young”

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:47 pm    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:
ContagiousInspiration wrote:
gng930 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
gng930 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:

My parents are Trump supporters....what are you trying to say?

I apologize. There is no found cure for the parents but you are safe.

What Vaccinations are available against TrumpSupportingFamilyMembers Disease?

*edit - previous felt unclear

Last edited by ContagiousInspiration on Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:39 pm    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:

Good luck to you and your fam!

I think after a couple weeks back from break, it will be raging in a whole different level. We're already at 27% positivity in Orange County, CA.

We're masking up in schools here, but that's difficult to make work, for sure. They should be doing mandatory rapid testing every day, but we aren't treating this like the battle we should. Plus, turns out we don't really care about our kids nor our teachers.

The schools in the district here sent out a note that they were going to do some testing, but families could opt out. And if you tested positive, you can keep it private. So damn wishy washy. Should be mandatory testing and mandatory reporting. And, frankly, the winter break should also be extended a couple of weeks after the holiday get-togethers to isolate. Make it up on the back end extending the year a couple weeks. (But good luck getting parents, unions, admins, etc. to do this.)

My daughter stayed remote since the pandemic. We jumped out of the main remote high school stuff into a more independent one that worked much better for her and she will be graduating early. Fortunate she's at an age where she can handle the independent nature of this.
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Well luckily so far according to my daughter every kid in her class wears a mask. Also she says school wide she doesn’t see many maskless kids. We’re in Orlando so a pretty blue area of Florida. I doubt it’s like that elsewhere here. They have had a lot of absences the first week though. But she’s really enjoying being back. She likes in person learning better, but mostly she loves playing during recess and making friends.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 297, 298, 299 ... 316, 317, 318  Next
Page 298 of 318
Jump to: