0%  [ 0 ]
OTHER
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:27 pm    Post subject: Soap Operas

Do any in the forum watch Soap Operas?

I watch The Young & The Restless. Hooked since 1990. No one knows who you are, be honest.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Soap Operas

jodeke wrote:

I watch The Young & The Restless. Hooked since 1990. No one knows who you are, be honest.

Ha, I no longer watch anything in this direction. However, my ex was like you, he loved Y&R and watched it daily, so when we were together I would see bits and pieces of it and kind of knew what was happening. And when I was growing up, I saw Days Of Our Lives quite a bit because that was my mom's show she's watched literally every day of her adult life.

Are Victor and Jack still the arch-enemies on Y&R? Inquiring minds want to know.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Soap Operas

ChickenStu wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Ha, I no longer watch anything in this direction. However, my ex was like you, he loved Y&R and watched it daily, so when we were together I would see bits and pieces of it and kind of knew what was happening. And when I was growing up, I saw Days Of Our Lives quite a bit because that was my mom's show she's watched literally every day of her adult life.

Are Victor and Jack still the arch-enemies on Y&R? Inquiring minds want to know.

Not so much arch but still at odds. Victor and Jack will always be arch enemies.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:57 pm    Post subject:

I grew up on soap operas and then took a break from not watching any of them and now I'm watching them again.

Not as good as they used to be but its nice to watch something familiar and in a weird way I feel close to my mom watching it because she's the one who introduced me to soaps in the first place and she's long gone now.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:24 pm    Post subject:

My sister and I watched some soaps when we came to the United States as a way to learn English. It was effective. The characters spoke slowly and nothing was complicated.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:54 pm    Post subject:

My mom was delighted to tell me a week or two ago that Marlena is possessed again on Days Of Our Lives. The key word there is again. I actually remember that storyline from the 90's where she was first possessed. Gotta love soaps!
Murdock
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:05 pm    Post subject:

I watch a couple British soaps.. Coronation Street and Eastenders...

I enjoy them because they're a bit more down to earth than american ones..

They have characters that are more working class and deal with more grounded problems and situations.. still like all soaps it seems most everyone doesn't know how to tell the truth and it leads to a lot of melodrama..but it can be mildly entertaining... especially during the long winter of lockdowns and extended home time
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:31 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
My sister and I watched some soaps when we came to the United States as a way to learn English. It was effective. The characters spoke slowly and nothing was complicated.

Not a soap person, but I know many, many people have watched for that very same reason.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:44 am    Post subject:

Murdock wrote:

They have characters that are more working class and deal with more grounded problems and situations.. still like all soaps it seems most everyone doesn't know how to tell the truth and it leads to a lot of melodrama..but it can be mildly entertaining... especially during the long winter of lockdowns and extended home time

Are they still on? I'm not a soap fan per se. I just got hooked on Y&R. You mentioned something of interest. Most of the soaps in America center around the wealthy. I'd like to take a peek at some British soaps. I have ACORN the British TV app. I'll try to take a peek there?

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:48 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
My mom was delighted to tell me a week or two ago that Marlena is possessed again on Days Of Our Lives. The key word there is again. I actually remember that storyline from the 90's where she was first possessed. Gotta love soaps!

My mom watched that one too so I gave it a shot when I started working at home. I saw that storyline and never tuned in again. I do catch Y&R when I can (watching it now).
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:29 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

My mom watched that one too so I gave it a shot when I started working at home. I saw that storyline and never tuned in again. I do catch Y&R when I can (watching it now).
See there VLF. That's why you and I get along. 🧑🏾

Murdock
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:25 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Murdock wrote:

Are they still on? I'm not a soap fan per se. I just got hooked on Y&R. You mentioned something of interest. Most of the soaps in America center around the wealthy. I'd like to take a peek at some British soaps. I have ACORN the British TV app. I'll try to take a peek there?

I know both Coronation Street and Eastenders are on Britbox and Coronation Street is also on Hulu..
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:13 am    Post subject:

nope... not counting a few series i download to watch (walking dead, insecure) I cant remember the last time I watched anything on TV that wasnt a sports game.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: