Lakers sign Darren Collison and Stanley Johnson
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
Stanley Johnson is a good signing, as far as defense is concerned... but he is a total liability on offense.

I can't believe how he can spend years in the NBA and not develop offensive skills... wasted opportunities

Put him with 4 scorers, Monk-Nunn-Bron-AD, Westbrook would still get minutes
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Am I the only one who feels that, ideally, Johnson would be better off playing the 3 more often than the 4/5?

He's not tall enough to bother 4s and 5s, and we need a real 3 out there, not 2s like Monk or THT who masquerade as 3s.

Of course we should play Johnson sometimes at the 4, but should he also get a good chunk of minutes at the 3?
Lakersfan1211
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:27 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
Am I the only one who feels that, ideally, Johnson would be better off playing the 3 more often than the 4/5?

He's not tall enough to bother 4s and 5s, and we need a real 3 out there, not 2s like Monk or THT who masquerade as 3s.

Of course we should play Johnson sometimes at the 4, but should he also get a good chunk of minutes at the 3?

Yeah you're not the only one, Hopefully he can slide to the 3 once AD comes back, I cringed everytime he was guarding JJJ last game, it was barbecue chicken.
Lakersfan1211
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:02 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The Lakers plan to sign forward Stanley Johnson to another 10-day contract on Monday, sources tell @TheAthletic@Stadium.
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:58 pm    Post subject:

But...
Okay so that's the last 10 day they can sign him to before having to commit for the rest of the season.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Interesting. Seems like they might want to keep him for the long haul. Guessing he'll even see g-league time until his offense is more refined. Sad thing is he'll be mentioned in trade talks once he gets under contract. Young players just cannot win as long as Lakers are "contending".
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:05 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:

No one on the Lakers is tall enough. Stanley is the 4th tallest Laker and that says more about why the team is bad than anything.
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:22 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:

I complained about his small size in this thread on the day we signed him, and have yet to see a reason to change my mind.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13
Jump to: