This season is over when we traded for Westbrick
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:16 pm    Post subject: This season is over when we traded for Westbrick

I told you all.

Most were still in denial.

The worst is that not only this season is done, Westbrick trade set us up for failure probably for a long time.

Trade him for picks if you can now.

Lebron and AD are idiots for wanting Westbrick. Seriously getting Westbrick on the lakers almost (I said almost) nullify the fact Lebron got us a ring.
It was the worst nightmare that came true when I saw the news.

Thought it was a joke, no one is that stupid right?
Apparently our GM and star players all are.

Wizards probably laughed their ass off after they pull off the trade, and the fact they got a first round pick as well, this is probably the biggest robbery ever. Wizard would probably have gotten rid of Westbrick for just Kuzma if the salary allows it.

We trade all net positive assets for a net negative asset.

Lol

I mean someone would literally have to pay me to let me take Westbrick on my team unless my goal is to tank and be in the lottery.

And the fact we just exploited Westbrick weakness the last time we won a championship.

Westbrick biggest issue is lack of self awareness, I don’t even think he is lazy or doesn’t try. But the dude has zero IQ in self awareness.

He is just extremely tunnel visioned.

He cant even improve his jump shot.
He cant understand that he over dribble way too much
He doesn’t know he sucks at team defense
He cant understand the value of developing a off ball game.

He doesn’t know his own weakness and thus can’t never improve as a player.

He just keep doing the same things over and over again.

That’s probably what he practice as well (since he thinks that’s his strength)

Which is
Pounding the ball until the air is out
Driving wildly to the rim (he probably think that’s the only style he can play and he master it)
Shooting the ball with no proper shot mechanic or rhythm (he probably thinks only geek practice shot mechanic)

The dude relied on his physical gift for way too long and never can see his own weakness thus he never really improved overall skill wise as a basketball player.

Last edited by Nonamehero on Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:19 am    Post subject:

Owners and GMs and LeGMs need their own Shaqtin a fool. The Lakers would be the undisputed winner for this perfectly predictable disaster. How stupid do you have to be to not see some version of this coming. Let’s get a super low skilled, low IQ, freak of an athlete when he’s 33!! Never mind the fact that he, even at his best, he doesn’t fit at all since he needs the ball ALL the time and we already have someone infinity better with the ball who plays > 35 minutes a game. Stupid is the only word that comes to mind.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:08 am    Post subject:

Westbrook has been bad and so has the trash roster construction around him given Jeanie didn't want to pay to keep adding. Should have kept AC and Dennis.

FWIW.. we could have had this roster by more or less running it back and adding key guys:

AD, Dwight
Kuz, Melo, Ariza
LeBron, THT, Reaves
KCP, Caruso, Wayne
Monk, Dennis, Bradley

That doesn't include using the mMLE which would offset some of the fees and could have been saved for the buyout market. Nor does it include Trezz or the 1st who could have been packaged with THT for something crucial.

We also could have traded for Lowry last year and still had the pieces for Buddy Hield and then bringing back AC + adding Monk, etc.

Stupid move after stupid move.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:29 am    Post subject:

The Lakers had limited options to remain championship caliber. Trading for Buddy Hield would've been a risk, as LeBron would've been our only ball-handler and floor general at age 36/37. We wouldn't have realistically been able to get someone like that who is good enough using the MMLE.

DS was adequate in that role, but he either wanted too much money to return, or he didn't want to return period.

Trading for Lowry last season wouldn't have been smart either. We would've given up two or three young good role players for a guy who is 35/36 and is in decline. His numbers are down this season, his shooting % is lower than Westbrook's, and his 3-pt shooting % is almost as low as Westbrook's.

I would've preferred bringing back Lonzo Ball, but apparently he wasn't gettable for us, and I've read on this board that getting him would've hard-capped us (I don't know the salary cap that well).

Trading for Westbrook was maybe the best of a bunch of risky options. I think in the end we can blame the FO for overall poor asset management the last several years.

Otherwise we may have had the assets to trade for a ball-handling scoring PG who would've been a better fit than Westbrook.

I'm open to trading Westbrook if we get a player like that in return, but it seems extremely unlikely that another team would give us such a player.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:31 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:

Trading for Lowry last season wouldn't have been smart either. We would've given up two or three young good role players for a guy who is 35/36 and is in decline. His numbers are down this season, his shooting % is lower than Westbrook's, and his 3-pt shooting % is almost as low as Westbrook's.

Getting Lowry would have costed only THT, KCP and DS.

THT isn't good. We let DS go for nothing. Only KCP was of value.

The lakers would still had Kuz and Harrell to trade. They also re-sign caruso to make up for THT's loss.

Despite Lowry's poor shooting numbers compared to his career, his TS% (.559) is still higher than westbrook's this season (.504).

More importantly Lowry would bring defense and stability at the point. He wouldn't make the same costly decisions/TO's by westbrook like with the kings last night.

The heat beat the suns, who had their full starting lineup, on the road by 20+ points with just Lowry/Hero. You think that happens with the Westbrook? Lol we got demolished by the suns at home despite having lebron.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:07 am    Post subject:

dabask11 wrote:
slavavov wrote:

THT isn't good. We let DS go for nothing. Only KCP was of value.

The lakers would still had Kuz and Harrell to trade. They also re-sign caruso to make up for THT's loss.

Despite Lowry's poor shooting numbers compared to his career, his TS% (.559) is still higher than westbrook's this season (.504).

More importantly Lowry would bring defense and stability at the point. He wouldn't make the same costly decisions/TO's by westbrook like with the kings last night.

The heat beat the suns, who had their full starting lineup, on the road by 20+ points with just Lowry/Hero. You think that happens with the Westbrook? Lol we got demolished by the suns at home despite having lebron.

Lowry's TS% is misleading because more than half of his shots are 3-pointers. Teams would've likely sagged off him the way they do with Westbrook.

At least with Westbrook we have a third scoring option. At this point of his career Lowry isn't that.

Our team is already too old. Lowry will soon turn 36 and he's been injury prone the last few years. Maybe if Lowry were the same age as Westbrook (32/33) it's a decent trade to make.

Plus there's the matter of whether he would've re-signed with us last summer.

I doubt we would've been much better with Lowry instead of Westbrook.
SGVL1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:29 am    Post subject:

I’ve taken a huge double take on Twitter twice ; like I couldn’t believe what I was reading . First time was the Mosgov 12:01 signing. Second was the Russ trade. 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️ Season was over on 7/29/21 guys
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:49 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Westbrook has been bad and so has the trash roster construction around him given Jeanie didn't want to pay to keep adding. Should have kept AC and Dennis.

FWIW.. we could have had this roster by more or less running it back and adding key guys:

AD, Dwight
Kuz, Melo, Ariza
LeBron, THT, Reaves
KCP, Caruso, Wayne
Monk, Dennis, Bradley

That doesn't include using the mMLE which would offset some of the fees and could have been saved for the buyout market. Nor does it include Trezz or the 1st who could have been packaged with THT for something crucial.

We also could have traded for Lowry last year and still had the pieces for Buddy Hield and then bringing back AC + adding Monk, etc.

I agree with a lot of what you said. Rob got lucky with Monk, Reeves, and Melo ( better than expected). I am still waiting on Nunn. People are forgetting how good he is. Rob/Frank can make amends by forcing RW to the bench and giving us a starting backcourt of Nunn and Monk. If RW is a pro, he will except it (and coming off the bench will pay dividends). If not, let him sulk (hopefully opting out).
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:00 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:

I agree with a lot of what you said. Rob got lucky with Monk, Reeves, and Melo ( better than expected). I am still waiting on Nunn. People are forgetting how good he is. Rob/Frank can make amends by forcing RW to the bench and giving us a starting backcourt of Nunn and Monk. If RW is a pro, he will except it (and coming off the bench will pay dividends). If not, let him sulk (hopefully opting out).

You've convinced me, desperate times call for desperate measures.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:15 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
The Lakers had limited options to remain championship caliber. Trading for Buddy Hield would've been a risk, as LeBron would've been our only ball-handler and floor general at age 36/37. We wouldn't have realistically been able to get someone like that who is good enough using the MMLE.

DS was adequate in that role, but he either wanted too much money to return, or he didn't want to return period.

I would've preferred bringing back Lonzo Ball, but apparently he wasn't gettable for us, and I've read on this board that getting him would've hard-capped us (I don't know the salary cap that well).

Trading for Westbrook was maybe the best of a bunch of risky options. I think in the end we can blame the FO for overall poor asset management the last several years.

Otherwise we may have had the assets to trade for a ball-handling scoring PG who would've been a better fit than Westbrook.

I'm open to trading Westbrook if we get a player like that in return, but it seems extremely unlikely that another team would give us such a player.

+1
seble24
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:37 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:

AD, Dwight
Kuz, Melo, Ariza
LeBron, THT, Reaves
KCP, Caruso, Wayne
Monk, Dennis, Bradley

Man, so depressing to see that. What a fun team that would be.
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:00 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:

Except for Nunn. And Rondo. And THT. And Bradley. And Caruso if we had resigned him.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:12 am    Post subject:

99% of the people were in shock after this trade and hated it.

Then like Dennis he opened his mouth and said championship's are not his goal

🙄
cital
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:20 am    Post subject:

I agree with the OP 100%

You are not contending for a championship with WB, you are contending for the playoffs.
Threatt_Level
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:20 am    Post subject:

dabask11 wrote:

That would've, effectively, ended our run at a title last season. Our guard rotation would've been Lowry, AC, Matthews, and Cook. We wouldn't have won with that even with LeBron and AD healthy.
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:21 am    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
99% of the people were in shock after this trade and hated it.

Then like Dennis he opened his mouth and said championship's are not his goal

🙄

Eh.. after the trade it was definitely closer to 50/50 in here. People who were against the trade were called haters and fake fans.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:23 am    Post subject:

LeGM sucks. He should just focus on game than these moronic decisions.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:34 am    Post subject:

This guy makes a selfish, “look at me, I was right, and you’re all wrong” Westbrook thread and everyone here took the bait. There’s a Westbrook thread, there’s a free agent thread, and there’s a game thread, but for some reason, this guy thinks what he has to say is so important that a new “cry about Westbrook” thread was needed.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:03 am    Post subject:

^^ I am in shock still this morning... Russell Westbrook is a negative asset.. Very sad we picked this guy to be a Laker

End of the 4th quarter almost looked like Sabotage he (bleep) sucked so bad

Couldn't believe Vogel put him back in.. Slow Short Gets Tired now Shoots bricks on purpose

This guy ruins the chemistry on the floor
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:09 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:

Stop trying to cope…

Ball handler, as in the dude with the most turnovers with the least amount games played.

Lol!!

You don’t trade for negative contribution asset ever.
(And why the f did we give up so much when Wizard would probably be happy to get rid of him for free, though I still wouldn’t be ok signing westbrick for veteran min, he just doesn’t help you in winning basketball, we should have asked for Beal!!)

If we had done anything smart, Lebron would be playing less minutes than now

Lebron is playing really heavy minute just to squeeze out wins against crap teams.

This is worst case scenario!

Our team f themselves in the most stupid way possible.

Deal with it, don’t try to justify it.

Last edited by Nonamehero on Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:12 am    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:
Owners and GMs and LeGMs need their own Shaqtin a fool. The Lakers would be the undisputed winner for this perfectly predictable disaster. How stupid do you have to be to not see some version of this coming. Let’s get a super low skilled, low IQ, freak of an athlete when he’s 33!! Never mind the fact that he, even at his best, he doesn’t fit at all since he needs the ball ALL the time and we already have someone infinity better with the ball who plays > 35 minutes a game. Stupid is the only word that comes to mind.

Amen
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:15 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
This guy makes a selfish, “look at me, I was right, and you’re all wrong” Westbrook thread and everyone here took the bait. There’s a Westbrook thread, there’s a free agent thread, and there’s a game thread, but for some reason, this guy thinks what he has to say is so important that a new “cry about Westbrook” thread was needed.

You kinda described Westbrick game lol.

Look I knew the season was over once this trade happened, and a lot of you were in denial.

I didn’t want to be right. I wanted to eat my word and see us holding a trophy at the end of year.
I hate it that I am 100% right.

But I have the right to state my frustration to fellow lakers fan.

As we are all pissed as well at this moment.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:25 am    Post subject:

I tried to cope with it but the fit issue was pretty apparent. We are likely stuck with him.

Sadly, the best course is to try our best to maximize what he can contribute. But alternatively, Lakers may have to consider trying to dissuade him from picking up that 47m option. I don't think Vogel benches him, but would he take him out of clutch situations?
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:27 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:

AD, Dwight
Kuz, Melo, Ariza
LeBron, THT, Reaves
KCP, Caruso, Wayne
Monk, Dennis, Bradley

Yeah running it back would have been a lot better than this roster. Were chemistry concerns with Trezz/Schroder but atleast we were winning at a decent clip.

AD/Trezz/Dwight
Kuz/Melo
LeBron/THT
KCP/Caruso/Reaves
Monk/Schroder

Would have been a fun team. Kind of funny Vogel kind of burned bridges with Trezz b/c he was "undersized". Now take a look at our centers. LeBron/Stanley/Melo on most nights.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:29 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I tried to cope with it but the fit issue was pretty apparent. We are likely stuck with him.

Sadly, the best course is to try our best to maximize what he can contribute. But alternatively, Lakers may have to consider trying to dissuade him from picking up that 47m option. I don't think Vogel benches him, but would he take him out of clutch situations?

Bad fit, age, contract. Incompetence
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: