The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1657, 1658, 1659 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:46 pm    Post subject:

Cyberfreak444 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
https://twitter.com/dom_2k/status/1480629972297527296?s=21

LeGM is not happy.

Seems to be a common theme w/r/t who he wants on the team.

Lol do you work for a tabloid?

No. What I see is Russ talking to Lebron and Lebron isn’t even looking his way.

But again, Lebron can’t be mad. He wanted Russ like he wanted JR, etc.

LeBron defended Russ after the game yet again. It’s a big leap to assume that LeBron is upset at a guy he keeps heaping praise on.

Cool. Maybe he’s just pissed in the heat of the moment.

I’d love nothing more than Russ and LBJ to make this work, but if careers are any indication, it’s Russ that needs to adjust not LBJ.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:58 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
https://twitter.com/dom_2k/status/1480629972297527296?s=21

LeGM is not happy.

Seems to be a common theme w/r/t who he wants on the team.

Lol do you work for a tabloid?

No. What I see is Russ talking to Lebron and Lebron isn’t even looking his way.

But again, Lebron can’t be mad. He wanted Russ like he wanted JR, etc.

Westbrook was like, are you trading me?
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:42 am    Post subject:

LBJ playing center should be eye opening to Davis. He deals his guy and catches the guy down low. When AD gets back, that’s what he has to do, not run action for him, only to give him an iso look 18 feet from the basket.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:48 pm    Post subject:

10-25 FG 2-13 3pt
12-26 FG 3-10 3pt
13-29 FG 3-12 3pt

Lebron not a big fan of playing the Kings. Seems like they always turn him into a chucker. That stretch in the 3rd quarter... I mean dude
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:32 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
10-25 FG 2-13 3pt
12-26 FG 3-10 3pt
13-29 FG 3-12 3pt

Lebron not a big fan of playing the Kings. Seems like they always turn him into a chucker. That stretch in the 3rd quarter... I mean dude

They are too damn big
Cyberfreak444
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:56 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
10-25 FG 2-13 3pt
12-26 FG 3-10 3pt
13-29 FG 3-12 3pt

They are too damn big

Yea pretty much. I feel like the LeBron at center lineups can be a huge playoff weapon in spurts against the right team. For ten minutes or so in games with real stakes I can see LeBron doing all the little things he needs to do for that lineup to work (make early rotations, protect the rim, etc). But being forced to use LeBron at center during every minute he’s on the court is just not sustainable.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:01 am    Post subject:

1 bubble title
3 miserable season

Yikes
Threatt_Level
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:24 am    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
1 bubble title
3 miserable season

Yikes

I'd gladly give up the bubble title to live in a world where we signed AD as a free agent and have a team with AD, LeBron, Lonzo, Ingram, Hart, Kuzma, Caruso, DeAndre Hunter, and KCP. We have 18 years of proof that LeBron is a terrible GM.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:26 am    Post subject:

Worth it. I sign LBJ 100/100 times to get that title. We went 10 years without it so I'm happy he got us one.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:32 am    Post subject:

Threatt_Level wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
1 bubble title
3 miserable season

Yikes

I'd gladly give up the bubble title to live in a world where we signed AD as a free agent and have a team with AD, LeBron, Lonzo, Ingram, Hart, Kuzma, Caruso, DeAndre Hunter, and KCP. We have 18 years of proof that LeBron is a terrible GM.

Not even Lacob could afford that roster
Threatt_Level
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:30 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Worth it. I sign LBJ 100/100 times to get that title. We went 10 years without it so I'm happy he got us one.

Nah. Not worth it. 7 years of misery followed by 1 title 2 b.s. seasons and another 10 years of misery. Nope. This is the Lakers. We shouldn't be bad for most of a 20 year span.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:33 am    Post subject:

This isn’t the same Lakers, the spoiled kids are now in charge.
XTC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:52 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Especially in the same year we lost Kobe, without LBJ, who knows when that next title would have ever materialized. Many ownership groups out there have far greater resources than the Buss kids, you’ve got to try to get a title while you still have a window of opportunity.. You never know when you’ll ever be back in the Finals again.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:59 am    Post subject:

Yep, you sign and go with Lebron 100/100 times, without a doubt. People that disagree are just haters, pure haters. Look at all the years the Lakers were irrelevant, even with having Kobe at the end of his career. No one wanted to play here until Lebron signed.

2020 title - Because of Lebron

You take that 100/100 times....

Now with the flawed roster, the turnover in roster, etc., that's on Lebron, Pelinka, Jeanie, etc. But as a player, Lebron has been great and I love having him here.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:01 am    Post subject:

XTC wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Especially in the same year we lost Kobe, without LBJ, who knows when that next title would have ever materialized. Many ownership groups out there have far greater resources than the Buss kids, you’ve got to try to get a title while you still have a window of opportunity.. You never know when you’ll ever be back in the Finals again.

Exactly, I'm not trading that title for anything.

Championships don't just grow on trees, there are teams out there that haven't won anything in 50+ years. Even in some fantasy world where we keep all the young guys and sign AD a year later, there's any number of things that could go wrong and keep us from winning a title.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:04 am    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
1 bubble title
3 injury riddled season.

Yikes

Fixed… First year has always been a trial season. Specially after we didn’t land a second star. Then became a punt season after Lebron/Zo/Ingram all got hurt. Last year also because of injuries and the team never established any true chemistry. But still had a lead vs the Suns until AD gone down. This year started already injured and just slowly getting players back then add all the health and safety protocols. Just hope they can make a move and AD stays healthy when he gets back. Hopefully they make a run after ASB.

Only thing I don’t like are roster overhaul each year after they won the title. AD move had to happen as they won it on that same year. But even LeGM with the Cavs never done that much roster overhaul until the last year when Kyrie asked to be traded.

Last edited by miggz23 on Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:07 am    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
XTC wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Exactly, I'm not trading that title for anything.

Championships don't just grow on trees, there are teams out there that haven't won anything in 50+ years. Even in some fantasy world where we keep all the young guys and sign AD a year later, there's any number of things that could go wrong and keep us from winning a title.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:20 am    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
1 bubble title
3 miserable season

Yikes

what's wrong with Bubble title? did we play D league players or something?
i'd much rather be the Raptors and play a warriors team without KD and Klay. they call that a real title.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:26 am    Post subject:

I wonder if Bron has had that conversation with AD like "Yo, we effed up man."
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:27 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
1 bubble title
3 miserable season

Yikes

i'd much rather be the Raptors and play a warriors team without KD and Klay. they call that a real title.

I guess these fans prefer us to be bubble losers instead of bubble champions.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:29 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
1 bubble title
3 miserable season

Yikes

I guess fans prefer us to be bubble losers instead of bubble champions.

Yeah never quite understood that. But I do think anything less than 2 titles in the Bron/AD era is a failure. Hope we can get one more.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:32 am    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
1 bubble title
3 miserable season

Yikes

I guess fans prefer us to be bubble losers instead of bubble champions.

Yeah never quite understood that. But I do think anything less than 2 titles in the Bron/AD era is a failure. Hope we can get one more.

i wish that can be the case too, but injuries can happen to any team at any moment especially injuries to Lebron last season. if we get today's Lebron in the playoffs last season, we might have a really good chance of beating the Suns without AD.
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Teams trade away their entire futures and get a conference finals at best out of it. We got a title. Not sure how any true fan of a team can say that getting a title isn’t worth it. Like, what are you rooting for then?

For all of you out there questioning Jimmer Fredette of BYU, he is the real deal. - Magic Johnson Mar 20, 2011
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:26 pm    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
Teams trade away their entire futures and get a conference finals at best out of it. We got a title. Not sure how any true fan of a team can say that getting a title isn’t worth it. Like, what are you rooting for then?

i always come back to this, we traded our so called assets for AD, but at the same time, people need to realize that AD is a huge asset himself. if any team wants to trade for him, they have to pay us a hefty price. although his decline in age and his injuries might have ticked down his value, but he is still an asset.
he was 26 at the time of the trade, you pay a lot for 26 year old superstars period.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:37 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:

i always come back to this, we traded our so called assets for AD, but at the same time, people need to realize that AD is a huge asset himself. if any team wants to trade for him, they have to pay us a hefty price. although his decline in age and his injuries might have ticked down his value, but he is still an asset.
he was 26 at the time of the trade, you pay a lot for 26 year old superstars period.

That's a good point people overlook. It's not like we traded Ingram, Ball, and Hart for a 40-year-old guy. We traded them for a young superstar who might well be on the team for 5 years more.

That said, it's hard to fight the forces of "what might have been," because they can always imagine amazing alternative realities.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1657, 1658, 1659 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1658 of 2079
Jump to: