THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3214, 3215, 3216 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:30 pm    Post subject:

Trump hung up on NPR's interviewer Steve Inskeep.

Read NPR's full interview with former President Donald Trump

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:28 pm    Post subject:

Trump on NPR:

The same way Manchin makes non-Progressive Democrats look bad.
The same way Trump makes old people look bad.

I know the majority of non-Progressive Democrats aren't Joe Manchin.
I know the majority of old people aren't Trump.

But damn, the sane people need a louder mic. And the mic needs to be taken away from some people.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:43 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Trump on NPR:

But damn, the sane people need a louder mic. And the mic needs to be taken away from some people.

Speaking of Manchin, I saw Pelosi said that she still believes that Manchin will come back around on BBB . . .

What's the saying?

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice, shame on me . . . . ?

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:02 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Trump on NPR:

Speaking of Manchin, I saw Pelosi said that she still believes that Manchin will come back around on BBB . . .

What's the saying?

I hope Nancy has something up her sleeve we don't know about that makes her think that way.

Albert Einstein's definition of insanity: “doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome.”

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:17 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Trump on NPR:

What's the saying?

I hope Nancy has something up her sleeve we don't know about that makes her think that way.

Albert Einstein's definition of insanity: “doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome.”

Biden, Nancy, and Chuck Schumer keep refusing to throw Manchin under the bus. Presumably because they think there is a pot of gold at the end of this Manchin turd rainbow. We'll see if they are right. But it's not looking good.

Hope they are right. They have as much, if not more, to lose than the rest of us. I would've called a spade a spade a long time ago.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Looong overdue. But F Glen Greenwald.

Shot out to BVH for saying the same thing years ago.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:16 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:18 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

Lol, been tryin to say…
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:28 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Trump on NPR:

What's the saying?

Biden, Nancy, and Chuck Schumer keep refusing to throw Manchin under the bus. Presumably because they think there is a pot of gold at the end of this Manchin turd rainbow. We'll see if they are right. But it's not looking good.

Hope they are right. They have as much, if not more, to lose than the rest of us. I would've called a spade a spade a long time ago.

It’s actually the other way around. There’s no value and plenty of harm in throwing him under the bus. He can be an independent or Republican any time he likes, and it might actually improve his political prospects. They can only get what they can get, and it is better than the alternative.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:18 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Breaking: Gov. Gavin Newsom on Thursday refused to parole the man convicted of gunning down Robert F. Kennedy in Los Angeles, a brazen assassination of a presidential candidate that scarred the nation and altered the course of American politics.

https://twitter.com/latimes/status/1481749726252830720?t=bkTbyKnI-G8S5GrVFhG_Aw&s=19
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:38 pm    Post subject:

(bleep) Kyrsten Sinema. Absolutely worthless and completely corrupt.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:08 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
Breaking: Gov. Gavin Newsom on Thursday refused to parole the man convicted of gunning down Robert F. Kennedy in Los Angeles, a brazen assassination of a presidential candidate that scarred the nation and altered the course of American politics.

https://twitter.com/latimes/status/1481749726252830720?t=bkTbyKnI-G8S5GrVFhG_Aw&s=19

Good, he should die there and that doesn't even account for the change in history that he caused, directly starting by giftwrapping Nixon as President as a gift for the country. He tries to use the man he murdered to argue that he would've wanted Sirhan released. Get da ffffaaah aahhda heeauh... Hinckley got released from psychiatric care in 2016, but there's the difference. Sirhan did what he did w/ malice aforethought and no luxury of criminal insanity.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:42 pm    Post subject:

Yeah. No way should Sirhan Sirhan should ever see the light of day.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:02 pm    Post subject:

This is big. I think this charge alone could be up to 20 years in prison.

Quote:
The founder of the far-right Oath Keepers militia group and 10 others have been charged with seditious conspiracy in the Jan. 6 Capitol attack.

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1481699739234095112
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:22 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

Quote:
The founder of the far-right Oath Keepers militia group and 10 others have been charged with seditious conspiracy in the Jan. 6 Capitol attack.

It should, but watching all the slap on the wrist sentences that have been handed to the rest of the treasonist bastards, I'd be surprised if any of the get more than 5 years, and out in half that.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:45 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
32 wrote:

Quote:

It should, but watching all the slap on the wrist sentences that have been handed to the rest of the treasonist bastards, I'd be surprised if any of the get more than 5 years, and out in half that.

Hopefully they are going to try and scare them into a deal to flip on anyone above them potentially IN The Trump Admin who they coordinated with and who paid them.

^Are these the guys who all marched single file in fatigues up the steps through all the other traitors - as though they were spec-ops going into the building to perform some planned out traitorous deeds?

Yes it is them
https://observers.france24.com/en/americas/20210112-us-militia-oath-keepers-three-percenters-capitol-assault

^^
"Blacks
For
Trump"
sign
.. bet this person was paid to carry it
The Oath keepers have on brand new clothes and brand new gear.. someone else paid for it
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:58 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
32 wrote:

Quote:

Hopefully they are going to try and scare them into a deal to flip on anyone above them potentially IN The Trump Admin who they coordinated with and who paid them.

^Are these the guys who all marched single file in fatigues up the steps through all the other traitors - as though they were spec-ops going into the building to perform some planned out traitorous deeds?

Yes it is them
https://observers.france24.com/en/americas/20210112-us-militia-oath-keepers-three-percenters-capitol-assault

^^
"Blacks
For
Trump"
sign
The Oath keepers have on brand new clothes and brand new gear.. someone else paid for it

They have nothing to be scared of, so that's not going to happen. And even if they did flip, you'd have to have an Attorney General who was aggressive in pursuing that information, and Merrick Garland is not that guy. This will be a nothing burger, just like everything else involving Jan. 6th.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:17 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Trump on NPR:

What's the saying?

It’s actually the other way around. There’s no value and plenty of harm in throwing him under the bus. He can be an independent or Republican any time he likes, and it might actually improve his political prospects. They can only get what they can get, and it is better than the alternative.

It's a tough situation. I get your point. I'm assuming we would lose committee seats if Manchin switches to Republican. Although I'm not sure how that works. Committees are split 50/50 because that's what the Senate is split as. But if it goes 51/49 in favor of Republicans (after a Manchin party switch). Would committees be reformed immediately? Would be funny if it would need a filibuster proof vote to do that.

At the same time though, Biden's approval rating is at 33% last I checked. Hard to think of a worse alternative right now. It's looking like we're not gonna get voting rights passed along with alot of things promised to Democrat voters in 2020. The current pathway Biden, Pelosi and Schumer are driving on is leading toward a cliff.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:27 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Trump on NPR:

What's the saying?

I doubt it has anything to do with thinking she can sway him. More likely, its just that she has to keep trying and hoping because there is no other choice. There is no republican waiting on deck to cast the vote to make up for his no. There is no democrat waiting in the wings to primary him. There is no chance he's going to be shamed or cajoled into changing his stance.

There are two choices. Either say eff it, he's a lost cause, and essentially toss the agenda in the garbage, or cross your fingers and hope that he somehow comes around. That's it. And even then, there's still Sinema, who is her own bleep show.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:39 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:

I'm glad they passed a law that doesn't allow people like Sihan to make money. If I have it right they passed that law after the Sharon Tate murders.

I think Sirhan's net worth is $800,000 to 1 million. Manson is around $400,000.

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:42 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

They have nothing to be scared of, so that's not going to happen. And even if they did flip, you'd have to have an Attorney General who was aggressive in pursuing that information, and Merrick Garland is not that guy. This will be a nothing burger, just like everything else involving Jan. 6th.

They have to arrest the Antifa radicals dressed as Trump supporters next.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:51 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
32 wrote:

Quote:

Yes it is them

^^
"Blacks
For
Trump"
sign

The only thing I can think of - he feels sorry for them..tricked by a POS like Trump - I do think Too Many take Trumps influence too lightly
Like when Mueller concluded Trump Jr and Kushner weren't smart enough to know contracting Russia to hack political adversaries computers was illegal. :roll:

As though going lightly on them makes them see their government differently. /shrug

Trump was a magical turd.. putting my fellow humans into a trance. I was terrified to be honest.. not physically scared just an inner fear that these people truly lost any separation from animal and human with me when they thought he was a positive choice.
windmill cancer research
take off your protective eye wear and stare at the Eclipse
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:02 pm    Post subject:

Trump was a magical turd.. putting my fellow humans into a trance.

A loud, sherbet orange, blustery turd full of promises that all the misanthropes were dazzled by? Hey, we have license to be the actual scumbags that we are w/o being shamed for it any longer? Sign us up!
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Trump made his supporters feel their racism and misogyny were okay, even out in the open.

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:47 pm    Post subject:

Candace Owens is blaming Bob Saget's death on the vaccine.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3214, 3215, 3216 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 3215 of 3663
Jump to: