OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7280, 7281, 7282 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Tht/Nunn/1st for og anunoby

Get it done Rob

Sorry, terrible trade. Worst I’ve seen in all this madness.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:54 pm    Post subject:

Laker4lifer4real wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:

Get it done Rob

Look at his stats for this year

19.3/5.1/2.3 and 36.3 from 3 on 7 attempts with great defense

24 year old whose scoring has gone from 10.6 to 15.9 to 19.3

Masai laughs and hangs up the phone

Last edited by Bron2AD on Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:58 pm    Post subject:

Watch us acquire someone we haven’t talked about either a good player or a below average 1... that seems to be how the FO operates.
MIMLaker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:05 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
logical24 wrote:
I really think Russ would work with Philly i dont see why not..

I actually think so as well, but Morey has to think so. I think people get caught up in numbers and not fit. Fit can effect your numbers. To me Westbrook would fit way better for the Sixers, under a coach like Doc Rivers, than here.

Also their goal is to have cap in 2023.

Russ would be expiring. Just hopeful thinking

I've been coming around to this idea. Sending Westbrook and Baze and/or Ellington to PHI for Simmons and Green would work under the CBA and improve BOTH teams.

Green is the bonus needed to dump a more obviously disgruntled player in Simmons and to make the salaries work. With Simmons refusing to suit up, Maxey is the only one they have who can iso and attack the basket consistently - and he's not as much of a threat as even the currently out-of-sync Russ.

Russ' defensive flaws would be easier to hide on a roster with Embiid and Thybulle. And ANY shooting from Baze or Ellington (in a more steady role) would compensate PHI for the loss of Green, who is shooting 38.2% this year from 3 but on only 4.8 attempts (similar to what he did for us in the title year).

On our side, Green and Simmons both give us the big wing defenders we've lacked all year. Simmons may have a numb/ asleep/ dead trigger finger, but he still defends and boards like a legit, above-average combo forward... so put him next to LBJ and AD. Removing Russ and 1 or more reserve guards from our bench opens the door for either Monk, Reaves, or Nunn (if he ever gets well) to play next or instead of Bradley.

Say Bradley gets the Vogel-chosen start from here on out. Fine - that still gives us a more balanced lineup for spacing and defense like this:

C - AD
PF - Simmons
SF - LBJ
SG - Green or Reaves
PG - Bradley

Say we are still in small-ball mode - we can still trot out a lineup that WON'T get killed on the boards of:

C - LBJ or AD
PF - Simmons or LBJ
SF - Green or Johnson
SG - Monk
PG - Bradley

If we need a power lineup?
C - Dwight
PF - AD
SF - LBJ or Melo
SG - Green
PG - Simmons

All-defense lineup?
C - LBJ or Dwight or AD
PF - Simmons or Johnson
SF - Green or Johnson
SG - Reaves or Green
PG - Bradley or Simmons

All-spacing lineup?
C - LBJ
PF - Melo
SF - Green
SG/ PG - Reaves/ Monk/ Bradley

We'd have balance and options that we simply don't have now, and be a helluva LOT more versatile.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:09 pm    Post subject:

MIMLaker wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
logical24 wrote:

I actually think so as well, but Morey has to think so. I think people get caught up in numbers and not fit. Fit can effect your numbers. To me Westbrook would fit way better for the Sixers, under a coach like Doc Rivers, than here.

I've been coming around to this idea. Sending Westbrook and Baze and/or Ellington to PHI for Simmons and Green would work under the CBA and improve BOTH teams.

Green is the bonus needed to dump a more obviously disgruntled player in Simmons and to make the salaries work. With Simmons refusing to suit up, Maxey is the only one they have who can iso and attack the basket consistently - and he's not as much of a threat as even the currently out-of-sync Russ.

Russ' defensive flaws would be easier to hide on a roster with Embiid and Thybulle. And ANY shooting from Baze or Ellington (in a more steady role) would compensate PHI for the loss of Green, who is shooting 38.2% this eyar from 3 but on only 4.8 attempts (similar to what he did for us in the title year).

On our side, Green and Simmons both give us the big wing defenders we've lacked all year. Simmons may have a numb/ asleep/ dead trigger finger, but he still defends and boards like a legit, above-average combo forward... so put him next to LBJ and AD. Removing Russ and 1 or more reserve guards from our bench opens the door for either Monk, Reaves, or Nunn (if he ever gets well) to play next or instead of Bradley.

Say Bradley gets the Vogel-chosen start from here on out. Fine - that still gives us a more balanced lineup for spacing and defense like this:

C - AD
PF - Simmons
SF - LBJ
SG - Green
PG - Bradley

Say we are still in small-ball mode - we can still trot out a lineup of:

C - LBJ
PF - Simmons
SF - Green or Johnson
SG - Monk
PG - Bradley

C - Dwight
PF - AD
SF - LBJ
SG - Green
PG - Simmons

All-defense lineup?
C - LBJ or Dwight or AD
PF - Simmons or Johnson
SF - Green or Johnson
SG - Reaves or Green
PG - Bradley or Simmons

All-spacing lineup?
C - LBJ
PF - Melo
SF - Green

We'd have balance and options that we simply don't have now, and be a helluva LOT more versatile.

This is the ultimate dream. I'm salivating over this, but not sure it's likely. What would happen to THT and Nunn?
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:19 pm    Post subject:

MIMLaker wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
logical24 wrote:

Russ' defensive flaws would be easier to hide on a roster with Embiid and Thybulle. And ANY shooting from Baze or Ellington (in a more steady role) would compensate PHI for the loss of Green, who is shooting 38.2% this year from 3 but on only 4.8 attempts (similar to what he did for us in the title year).

C - AD
PF - Simmons
SF - LBJ
SG - Green or Reaves
PG - Bradley

Say we are still in small-ball mode - we can still trot out a lineup that WON'T get killed on the boards of:

C - LBJ or AD
PF - Simmons or LBJ
SF - Green or Johnson
SG - Monk
PG - Bradley

C - Dwight
PF - AD
SF - LBJ or Melo
SG - Green
PG - Simmons

All-defense lineup?
C - LBJ or Dwight or AD
PF - Simmons or Johnson
SF - Green or Johnson
SG - Reaves or Green
PG - Bradley or Simmons

All-spacing lineup?
C - LBJ
PF - Melo
SF - Green

If you send Russ to BKN and get KD back, it solves all of our problems instantly. The only issue is that BKN won’t agree, neither are the sixers. They are not taking a player we trash everyday and give us their young star.
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:25 pm    Post subject:

Didn't Morey send out a media leak recently saying the 76ers have no interest in Westbrook? Why would we even speculate that he would entertain the thought?

He values his pride far more than he does making smart moves, and there is zero chance he'll allow himself to become the laughing stock of the NBA by sending Klutch Klient Ben Simmons to Lebron and the Lakers while he takes on the most criticized player in the league right now off our hands.
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:28 pm    Post subject:

We are not getting Simmons fot Westbrook. Morey didn't wait all this time, even reportedly raising his asking price only to settle for Westbrook. Ya'll can stop daydreaming about that, it ain't happening.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:40 pm    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
We are not getting Simmons fot Westbrook. Morey didn't wait all this time, even reportedly raising his asking price only to settle for Westbrook. Ya'll can stop daydreaming about that, it ain't happening.

In a way you could get Simmons but it’s gonna take a 3 or 4 team trade.. with John Collins being available and De’Aaron Fox maybe something can materialize with us and the Hawks and the Kings
legend825
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:51 pm    Post subject:

Obtaining OG would be good and he has more room to grow and his a bit younger than Jerami but doubt that trade happens.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:52 pm    Post subject:

legend825 wrote:
Obtaining OG would be good and he has more room to grow and his a bit younger than Jerami but doubt that trade happens.

Only 24 years and on a great contract to go with. I doubt raptors do it
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:16 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
3baller wrote:

In a way you could get Simmons but it’s gonna take a 3 or 4 team trade.. with John Collins being available and De’Aaron Fox maybe something can materialize with us and the Hawks and the Kings

There was a report today that the sixers aren't interested with Fox and Woj said the other day that Barnes and Collins aren't moving the needle as far as getting a Simmons trade done.

Gotta accept that moving Westbrook this season is next to impossible.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:32 pm    Post subject:

Lol for anyone thinking Westbrook can be traded….
Lol for anyone thinking Westbrook could be traded for Simmons…

Two things I don’t see happening at the trade deadline or ever!!!
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:52 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
logical24 wrote:

I don't think Westbrook really fits in Philly. They are a slow-paced, defensive-oriented team, which could use some 3-point shooting. I am not sure that Westbrook even bumps Maxey out of the starting lineup.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:32 pm    Post subject:

According to LG we should trade THT, Nunn, 1st for OG and then Westbrook for Simmons, Green.

Any other fantasy land deals we should consider?

Westbrook has no value. At best it's a team like the Knicks he need a floor raiser and have some unfavorable contracts to move ie Fournier, Kemba, Noel, Burks, etc.

THT has also extremely mediocre value with that new contract. Maybe a TJ Warren or something. Perhaps if Nunn was balling as was Talen we could get lucky but right now our assets are all at an all time low and we're stuck in the mud on the court. Which team wants to bend over just get us out of the mud? None.

Our best move for Russ is to the bench. Let him hate it, cry, complain, moan, whatever. Once Nunn comes back we'll function best like that.

AD, Dwight
Ariza, Melo
LeBron, Reaves
Monk, Bradley
Nunn, Westbrook

+ THT who can get mins between the 1-3 spots or could in theory start at the 3 and LeBron at the 4.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
logical24 wrote:

You have to live under the largest rock in the world to think Russ for Simmons is a possibility.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:12 pm    Post subject:

MIMLaker wrote:

Eh. This won't happen. It's nothing more than a Lakers fan wet dream.

It's actually pretty funny that you think the 76ers need to give us a bonus to "dump the disgruntled Simmons for Westbrook."

My guess is the reality is the 76ers want nothing to do with Westbrook.

Last edited by activeverb on Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:12 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
logical24 wrote:

I don't think Westbrook really fits in Philly. They are a slow-paced, defensive-oriented team, which could use some 3-point shooting. I am not sure that Westbrook even bumps Maxey out of the starting lineup.

You could be right, I also don't see Morey wanting Westbrook a 2nd time around. Who knows, but it is tough to see. If Lakers wanted the slightest chance at a Simmons, they would need another team.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
logical24 wrote:

You could be right, I also don't see Morey wanting Westbrook a 2nd time around. Who knows, but it is tough to see. If Lakers wanted the slightest chance at a Simmons, they would need another team.

If there was ever a team who would take Westbrook the lakers would have to pay to have them absorb his contract. Nobody is doing that. The lakers don’t have the assets, and the team that has held firm on Simmons this long is not giving him up for an old, overpaid, underperforming vet.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
logical24 wrote:

My expectation is the Lakers will not be able to trade Westbrook, and we will not make a significant trade this year. All these trade rumors and trade ideas are just people filling space and/or settling their emotions during a difficult period.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:08 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
According to LG we should trade THT, Nunn, 1st for OG and then Westbrook for Simmons, Green.

Westbrook has no value. At best it's a team like the Knicks he need a floor raiser and have some unfavorable contracts to move ie Fournier, Kemba, Noel, Burks, etc.

THT has also extremely mediocre value with that new contract. Maybe a TJ Warren or something. Perhaps if Nunn was balling as was Talen we could get lucky but right now our assets are all at an all time low and we're stuck in the mud on the court. Which team wants to bend over just get us out of the mud? None.

Our best move for Russ is to the bench. Let him hate it, cry, complain, moan, whatever. Once Nunn comes back we'll function best like that.

AD, Dwight
Ariza, Melo
LeBron, Reaves
Monk, Bradley
Nunn, Westbrook

+ THT who can get mins between the 1-3 spots or could in theory start at the 3 and LeBron at the 4.

I was told by LG experts that tht is so good that it's worst idea to trade him for OG
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:25 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Laker4lifer4real wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:

Get it done Rob

Look at his stats for this year

19.3/5.1/2.3 and 36.3 from 3 on 7 attempts with great defense

24 year old whose scoring has gone from 10.6 to 15.9 to 19.3

Masai laughs and hangs up the phone

Then why even suggest it?

But yes would love to get OG especially for that package. OG is who we hope THT can eventually become. He fits with the win now mentality and is easily someone you can move forward with for several years.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:18 am    Post subject:

The only place Westbrook gets traded this season folks is in a video game
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:21 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:

AD, Dwight
Ariza, Melo
LeBron, Reaves
Monk, Bradley
Nunn, Westbrook

I’d put money on this happening. Nunn coming back is the equivalent of a trade bringing in a new player.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:34 am    Post subject:

How the hell does LeBron and Vogel continue to support Westbrook despite the outlandish and idiotic comments by Westbrook? How do you have the nerve to support a guy that says life is bigger then basketball when we’re trying to win a championship? LeBron can pack his bags before the trade deadline along with Westbrook if he’s gonna continue being attached to this idiot.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7280, 7281, 7282 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 7281 of 8560
Jump to: