Washing Machine Filter - How Often Do You Clean?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:58 pm    Post subject: Washing Machine Filter - How Often Do You Clean?

Quote:
A TikToker has gone viral for her shocking washing machine discovery — and parents everywhere are running to their laundry room to check theirs!

When Edith Grey, known on TikTok as @edi.grey, posted her startling video online, she never expected it to amass over 10M views,

So I saw on TikTok people cleaning their filter pumps, or whatever? Their filters for their washers?” Edith begins her video.

“I just Googled, and apparently you’re supposed to do this monthly? I think my boyfriend has owned this house for eight years, and he’s never done it. I’ve lived here for three, and I’ve never done it. I can safely tell you this washer has never been cleaned,”

Filter
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Cleaned mine about a month ago. A color catcher ended up in there and I had to clean it out.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:13 am    Post subject:

Totally agreed, man.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:37 am    Post subject:

Unfortunately the filter on my Whirlpool front loader is under a panel in the back of the machine. The entire washer has to be turned around and the panel has to be removed with socket wrench. So as a result I’ve never cleaned it.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:49 am    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:
Unfortunately the filter on my Whirlpool front loader is under a panel in the back of the machine. The entire washer has to be turned around and the panel has to be removed with socket wrench. So as a result I’ve never cleaned it.

I avoided cleaning mine because of the warning on the front filter panel that suggested disconnecting it from a power source before cleaning. I can't shrink myself to reach the back of the unit and I'm not motivated enough to mess with breaker switches, so it sat uncleaned for a year. I decided it wasn't a big enough risk to clean it without disconnecting it and pulled out $42 in smelly, stained coins and bills, along with a quarter pound of fermented crud.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:40 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
trmiv wrote:

I avoided cleaning mine because of the warning on the front filter panel that suggested disconnecting it from a power source before cleaning. I can't shrink myself to reach the back of the unit and I'm not motivated enough to mess with breaker switches, so it sat uncleaned for a year. I decided it wasn't a big enough risk to clean it without disconnecting it and pulled out $42 in smelly, stained coins and bills, along with a quarter pound of fermented crud.

Yer doing well if yer not thinking to take 20s out of your laundry before washing, P. And that's some quality slacker ethos at the same time. I'm not so sure you're not late Gen X.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:03 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
C M B wrote:
trmiv wrote:

Yer doing well if yer not thinking to take 20s out of your laundry before washing, P. And that's some quality slacker ethos at the same time. I'm not so sure you're not late Gen X.

No 20s, it was 1s, 5s, and quarters, and they all smelled like sink burps.

I used lockdown to address some of what slacking was costing me in terms of household upkeep. Learned how to patch and finish drywall. The drywall was damaged because our water district changed the chemical composition of our supply and we had 3 pinhole leaks in our copper, all in different parts of the house, within a 20 day span (the last of which was the day after Kobe died) so I learned how to jury rig a pipe segment repair using sharkbite pieces. Changed out a control board on my thermostat which required getting into the attic crawlspace and fudging with a heating unit. I built a cinderblock retaining wall at another property, which looks terrible, and I feel like a putz for going the DIY route now. Not a big enough putz to pay for a redo, though.

Our microwave died and its replacement needed an all new trim kit, which is a pain in the butt to install, so it has sat in the garage since September, where it will continue to rest forevermore while the new microwave sits in an unpainted alcove, slightly off axis.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: