mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:19 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
Okay. Clueless here.

Trade Westbrook.

Hey guys, I support a trade also, but not for Wall. Simmons, yes, Wall, no.
Wall will set us even further back since he becomes a non asset. He’s washed.

Dumbest trade ever for the Lakers. Can you imagine if we got Hield, let’s say, kept Caruso, never signed bum THT and held onto Morris.
A better team, that’s what we would be.

THT, Westbrook, Ellington, Jordan, Bazemore, Bradley, Ariza
Wow, that’s a lot of guys who don’t product sh*t for this team.

I’d like to imagine we made no trades and bring everyone back for another year over this mess. Yes, even DS. Buddy is not the answer
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:21 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
#savethekids wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
Okay. Clueless here.

Trade Westbrook.

Not for Wall and our first round pick. Better off telling Westbrook to go home and never play a game for us rather than giving up assets for a player who has an equally bad contract and is likely to be worse than WB.

Vogel doesn't have the balls or the backing (see neutering of extension) to sit his sorry ass down.

But if he sits him. YES.
💯 Keep the pick

Vogel and Rob dead men walking....

LEklutch will see to it.

Few more years of this .

What’s funny is it’s LeKlutch that create this exact same situation everywhere.

That’s why we always see the “Lebron teams start slow…500 record” BS.

Just curious, how did those “lebron teams started slow 500 record” work out?

He was younger and in his prime, and helped by a weak east in many of those seasons.

If you are expecting Lebron to the same thing this season…you will be extremely disappointed.

37 year old Lebron needs help. That was the whole point of the Russ trade.

He wastes assets over 3-4 year periods which leads to these trash teams with no assets.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:25 pm    Post subject:

LeGM is probably calling up Rob to trade the 2022 FRP before the trade deadline for some help and Rob will have to let him know that LeGM wanted Russ so bad that it was another wasted asset.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:25 pm    Post subject:

It’s incredible how Lebron has to carry a team of mostly bums.
I would actually hand pick the 13-15th player on each current team and we would even be better because these dudes would likely care.

Westbrook is a low IQ, bull in a China shop
THT is a fumbling, bumbling mess
Melo is a ball hog who has never defended anyone in his life
Bazemore, Jordan, Ariza = all need to retire yesterday!
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:26 pm    Post subject:

We'd win this game with LeBron playing imo.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:29 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
#savethekids wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
Okay. Clueless here.

Trade Westbrook.

Not for Wall and our first round pick. Better off telling Westbrook to go home and never play a game for us rather than giving up assets for a player who has an equally bad contract and is likely to be worse than WB.

Vogel doesn't have the balls or the backing (see neutering of extension) to sit his sorry ass down.

But if he sits him. YES.
💯 Keep the pick

Vogel and Rob dead men walking....

LEklutch will see to it.

Few more years of this .

What’s funny is it’s LeKlutch that create this exact same situation everywhere.

That’s why we always see the “Lebron teams start slow…500 record” BS.

Just curious, how did those “lebron teams started slow 500 record” work out?

He was younger and in his prime, and helped by a weak east in many of those seasons.

If you are expecting Lebron to the same thing this season…you will be extremely disappointed.

37 year old Lebron needs help. That was the whole point of the Russ trade.

He wastes assets over 3-4 year periods which leads to these trash teams with no assets.

I am not expecting anything, just asking a question. If he wanted WB, then he deserves it, but it doesn’t take away his previous accomplishments
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:29 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
I would actually hand pick the 13-15th player on each current team and we would even be better because these dudes would likely care.

But LeGM wants recognizable names. Even if they are 100 years old.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:30 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

We'd honestly win this game if westbrook had a "big three".

But it's not all on him, had the rest of the team done anything, we win.

This was a great opportunity to start some momentum
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:32 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:
MJST wrote:

We'd honestly win this game if westbrook had a "big three".

But it's not all on him, had the rest of the team done anything, we win.

This was a great opportunity to start some momentum

Or Vogel didn’t ask our bad defenders to double embiid on the catch. That led to so many open 3s and unlike us, they were making them.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:39 pm    Post subject:

I don’t like Westbrook’s press conferences. He never seems to take accountability.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:42 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

But LeGM wants recognizable names. Even if they are 100 years old.

I mean, I still don’t think it’s all on Lebron. I think it’s Pelinka, Klutch, Jeanie, Vogel, etc.

I was thinking maybe the day they made the Westbrook trade, Lebron drank too much red wine 🍷
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:43 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
I don’t like Westbrook’s press conferences. He never seems to take accountability.

That’s because he mailed it in, has for a while, I don’t believe for 1 second that the Lakers told these writers that there willing to ride it out with Westbrook and hope for the best, you can’t say that for a player who has given up on the team
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:46 pm    Post subject:

Players outside of WB and AD shot 13-52
Philly outside of Embiid and harris went 22-47
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

That’s because he mailed it in, has for a while, I don’t believe for 1 second that the Lakers told these writers that there willing to ride it out with Westbrook and hope for the best, you can’t say that for a player who has given up on the team

That’s not fair. Russ is struggling, but he absolutely cares.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:54 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

That’s not fair. Russ is struggling, but he absolutely cares.

I hope he does
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:09 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Yea, If we keep up these MVP AD and MVP Bron, they’ll be able to cover everybody else’s deficiencies but we need that third wheel. Westbrook still needs to be that guy, can’t have a no impact like tonight in the playoff
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:13 pm    Post subject:

Hard to think that with Lebron we wouldn’t have a much better chance of beating down on Philly in Philly.

Despite getting beat down in Philly I enjoyed watching AD beat down on the possible MVP this season, Joel Embiid.
AD looked like 2020 AD tonight and totally dominated Jojo with his quickness as he dropped 31 points on him and battered 4 block shots. 2 blocks on Jojo.

March 23rd rematch in LA.
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:13 pm    Post subject:

It’s disappointing after every loss the conversation is about Westbrook. Shouldn’t the conversation involve Stanley (1-6), Monk (3-13), Bradley (1-4) the bench (8-29) and our completely non existent offense in the 3rd quarter?

I mean at some point you have to really ask yourself why we routinely keep putting non shooters around Russ. It’s obvious he’s at his best when he can have space but none of our shooters had any gravity around their scoring today. Russ didn’t have that bad of a game. He had 3 TO’s too many (the pass to monk to end the half, the pass to Avery when he was driving, the pass picked by Thybull)

At some point, we have to ask the question why does the coaching staff keep continuing to start Avery. At some point, you have to ask why our offense has regressed since December. At some point, you have to say okay why do none of the players move weak side or play any form of basketball outside of isolation basketball for long stretches. The role players were not prepared tonight - that’s on the coaching staff. No offensive execution whatsoever.

Don’t beat down a Russ narrative when they had numerous stretches without him on the court and couldn’t execute anything offensively unless they dumped the ball to AD. Tonight is not on Russ. There’s been plenty of games where it has been on Russ but certainly not tonight.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:22 pm    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:
It’s disappointing after every loss the conversation is about Westbrook. Shouldn’t the conversation involve Stanley (1-6), Monk (3-13), Bradley (1-4) the bench (8-29) and our completely non existent offense in the 3rd quarter?

I mean at some point you have to really ask yourself why we routinely keep putting non shooters around Russ. It’s obvious he’s at his best when he can have space but none of our shooters had any gravity around their scoring today. Russ didn’t have that bad of a game. He had 3 TO’s too many (the pass to monk to end the half, the pass to Avery when he was driving, the pass picked by Thybull)

At some point, we have to ask the question why does the coaching staff keep continuing to start Avery. At some point, you have to ask why our offense has regressed since December. At some point, you have to say okay why do none of the players move weak side or play any form of basketball outside of isolation basketball for long stretches. The role players were not prepared tonight - that’s on the coaching staff. No offensive execution whatsoever.

Don’t beat down a Russ narrative when they had numerous stretches without him on the court and couldn’t execute anything offensively unless they dumped the ball to AD. Tonight is not on Russ. There’s been plenty of games where it has been on Russ but certainly not tonight.

When AD sits and the minimums can’t hit their shot, Westbrook has to attack and get buckets or fouls, Kinda like how Melo tried
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:47 pm    Post subject:

The minimum guys lack the ability to get their own shot, especially against a defense like Philly’s. Setting them up in James’ absence is Westbrook’s primary responsibility. Needless to say, Russ didn’t do that at a high level.

At this point, Russ probably is too much of a target. It’s just when you go to complain about the other guys, you remember that it’s Russ’ contract that kept us from having a roster.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
The minimum guys lack the ability to get their own shot, especially against a defense like Philly’s. Setting them up in James’ absence is Westbrook’s primary responsibility. Needless to say, Russ didn’t do that at a high level.

At this point, Russ probably is too much of a target. It’s just when you go to complain about the other guys, you remember that it’s Russ’ contract that kept us from having a roster.

This. Russ is the whipping boy and the proverbial low-hanging fruit for Lakers fans, much like Kobe in the early 2000s but much more so.

All we had to do was sign athletic guys in their 20s who play D instead of Ariza, Melo and DAJ. The rest of our roster is solid and has guys who are perfectly capable of doing their job.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:39 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

But he didn’t. So now the Lakers are 24-25 and 9th in the standings.

At least he was able to get some rest in. Wonder how many more nights he takes off so he can be rested for the ASG. A man has to have his priorities.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:46 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
ahaider wrote:

When AD sits and the minimums can’t hit their shot, Westbrook has to attack and get buckets or fouls, Kinda like how Melo tried

The difference is one guy makes 40+ million and was supposed to be someone that could help the team continue to run while Bron is out or even sitting during a game while the others mentioned are mostly all minimum role player guys that are expected to be inconsistent and paid like it. He also gives zero eff's on defense or doing anything off the ball when he doesn't have it in his own hands the vast majority of the time. The bar has been lowered so much at this point for Russ yet he still finds ways to disappoint. He's a legitimate cancer which I thought was an unfair accusation about him on the previous teams but I 100% see it now. He absolutely deserves to be the one talked about the most especially since the only reason his shooting stats even look remotely decent is that he stat padded tf out of them in garbage time.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:47 pm    Post subject:

I don’t want to sound like I’m trying to pile it on, but in what way do you guys think LeBron would have made a difference in this game?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:53 pm    Post subject:

No doubt if he plays the game is a lot more competitive but the body language of the team just wasn’t there from top to bottom, we should be fortunate that AD looked like his former self again that’s the exciting part.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 31 of 32
Jump to: