*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Los Angeles Clippers (02/03/22 @ 7:30 pm PT) Gm# 53 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:49 pm    Post subject:

^ lol nice
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:50 pm    Post subject:

AD haz a sad/mad
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:51 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
No one is talking about the fact they looked unprepared defensively? It’s like the Lakers didn’t realize they had to go quick

They had Reggie in the corner and doubled.

Russ was the one who went for the steal from behind giving Jackson the drive

That was not it
https://twitter.com/laclippers/status/1489472203716399105?s=21
Reggie already started to make the move when Russ went there, the help from Monk or AD needed to be there, reaves just got beat

https://twitter.com/chasenscott/status/1489471959436075009?s=21

no Russ already left his man way before that move.

He just had a bad angle on the double.

The attempt to steal did happen after Reggie did the spin but Russ’s bad angle gave up that opening for the move to happen in the first place

I am pretty sure both him and reaves were expecting the base line jumper, so reaves played baseline and Russ went for the corner shot, and Reggie made a great move, but I just feel like the help should’ve been there after he made the move.
That Morris 3 was the killer because we played perfect defense

So if they’re both expecting the baseline jumper what was Russ doing then?
Gonna watch from behind? Block the ball from behind? If he expected the jumper then he should’ve been closer to the paint to help rebound.

If that was a jumper, he took the right path to challenge the shot

I guess. I would rather him help protect against the drive and be in position to rebound. Rather than double a guy from behind when reaves is there to contest.

Me too, but it is what it is. It’s not the first time he makes a defensive mistake, certainly won’t be the last. Reggie just made a good move there
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:52 pm    Post subject:

The clippers love to celebrate their Ws against the Lakers because it’s their NBA Finals.

The Lakers are (bleep) embarrassing to lose to a rag tag group of role players, a few guys no one wanted like Morris, Kennard, Jackson, Bledsoe and Batum.

This team just finds new ways to be (bleep) embarrassing.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:52 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Halflife wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
levon wrote:
once again, there is no reason you go for the score 12 seconds early, especially when you can't get your defense set because the Clippers don't even have a timeout to take. The advantage is with the Clippers completely. You had a 2 for 1 with the Monk 3, but you (bleep) gave the advantage back

That was game. All we had to do was not give up a three. We did to Morris. This team is just bad. I’m tired of moral victories. We need wins

We had the best player on the court. We are supposed to win these

This is where all the loses to mediocre teams becomes a factor. Because this ended up being just a hard fought game and someone will win and someone will lose. We're up against it because of all the foolywang loses we've had against teams that should have been a non issue (or at least we should've been able to overcome). And now we have some hella teams coming up. :smh:

Our best player is hurt
Our biggest mismatch doesn’t elevate anyone
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:53 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
No one is talking about the fact they looked unprepared defensively? It’s like the Lakers didn’t realize they had to go quick

That was not it
Reggie already started to make the move when Russ went there, the help from Monk or AD needed to be there, reaves just got beat

The attempt to steal did happen after Reggie did the spin but Russ’s bad angle gave up that opening for the move to happen in the first place

I am pretty sure both him and reaves were expecting the base line jumper, so reaves played baseline and Russ went for the corner shot, and Reggie made a great move, but I just feel like the help should’ve been there after he made the move.

Gonna watch from behind? Block the ball from behind? If he expected the jumper then he should’ve been closer to the paint to help rebound.

I guess. I would rather him help protect against the drive and be in position to rebound. Rather than double a guy from behind when reaves is there to contest.

Me too, but it is what it is. It’s not the first time he makes a defensive mistake, certainly won’t be the last. Reggie just made a good move there

So you admit it was a defensive mistake. All that back and forth to get to the same place lol. Waste of time
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:54 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:

That was not it

Really? I would imagine most people were expecting a drive to the basket like I did. It was a poor defensive decision by Westbrook.

I didn't think we played the defense perfectly on that Morris 3. If I were the coach, I would tell the players not to double team the drive and stick to the 3 points shooters.

But Morris didn’t get an open 3, it was contested and Ariza was very close to block it from the back, I don’t know what else can we do there.
If we expect a drive to the basket, the help has to be there, russ might made a bad double team, reaves might’ve been beat too easy, but that doesn’t excuse our help guys not coming soon. Team game,
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:55 pm    Post subject:

The game wasn’t lost on one play alone, but that last defensive set was a mess. If you watch the replay, you will notice Russ was flat footed from the time the screen was set on him up top, causing him to have to scramble to Jackson to provide the help D.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:56 pm    Post subject:

this is a really hard loss to take... so much effort and it just didn't go our way
I was happy to see how hard they were willing to push and fight for the Win.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:

That was not it

So you admit it was a defensive mistake. All that back and forth to get to the same place lol. Waste of time

I admit it was a mistake read by Russ as he took the wrong path. but I understand what he was trying to do there, obviously the result was bad for him.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Killer_Z wrote:
The game wasn’t lost on one play alone, but that last defensive set was a mess. If you watch the replay, you will notice Russ was flat footed from the time the screen was set on him up top, causing him to have to scramble to Jackson to provide the help D.

You can't count on Russ to play defense, and his missed assignments will continue to hurt the team in pivotal moments till he's held accountable by Vogel for them.
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

Maybe the Buss family will finally sell to Magic’s group.

Last edited by rock0100 on Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
lakers1978
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

roger_federer wrote:
We were up by 2.
All we had to do was Not to give a 3 and we did. We are down By 1. Clippers have no time out. we are in the bonus. All we need to do is run the clock and attack the rim. Nope, we took the shot with 12 seconds on the clock.
Brick has no feel for the game. He just plays like a mad dog.

That’s a horrible idea. Every single team in in the NBA would do the same thing when you’re down one. When you’re down 1, you want to score as soon as possible, because just in case you missed the shot you have extra time to either rebound, and run another play, or foul and extend the game. The only time you would want to run the clock was if the was tied.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:58 pm    Post subject:

lakers1978 wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
We were up by 2.
All we had to do was Not to give a 3 and we did. We are down By 1. Clippers have no time out. we are in the bonus. All we need to do is run the clock and attack the rim. Nope, we took the shot with 12 seconds on the clock.

That’s a horrible idea. Every single team in in the NBA would do the same thing when you’re down one. When you’re down 1, you want to score as soon as possible, because just in case you missed the shot you have extra time to either rebound, and run another play, or foul and extend the game. The only time you would want to run the clock was if the was tied.

Just be glad we scored at all
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Killer_Z wrote:

It’s lost in all these (bleep) fake comebacks where they get down double digits first 3 quarters and eventually lose or they get a lead against mediocre teams and blow it.

This Lakers team sucks. Worse than 2012-13 imo.

The baby Lakers couldn’t win games, but they had the young excuse. This POS roster has no excuse.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:59 pm    Post subject:

lakers1978 wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
We were up by 2.

Great out of bounds play leading to a wide open dunk for AD. If we cant be asked to play solid defense for 12 seconds to win a game then we dont deserve to win.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:00 pm    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:

Then I become a full time Clipper fan
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:00 pm    Post subject:

Reaves probably played too many minutes. He was getting bodied at the end on the defensive end.

But the problem is we don’t have anyone to play instead.

Bradley was horrible.
THT played okay but can’t play him with Russ
Ellington didn’t play at all

Our roster is so bad.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:02 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
rock0100 wrote:

So you are only part time now?
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Reaves probably played too many minutes. He was getting bodied at the end on the defensive end.

But the problem is we don’t have anyone to play instead.

Bradley was horrible.
THT played okay but can’t play him with Russ
Ellington didn’t play at all

Our roster is so bad.

Reggie jackson is a great offense player, and not everyone has balls to make that move down the stretch, it is asking too much out of our rookie
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:03 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
rock0100 wrote:

Lol, why. They make good moves for the Dodgers. They do whatever necessary to improve the roster.

We need someone with deep pockets not afraid to spend what Golden State was in the KD days.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:04 pm    Post subject:

I've been watching ball for 20+ years. When you've got 18 seconds off a timeout, you drain 8-9 seconds before running the play. That gives you ample opportunity to offensive rebound and have contingencies. Nobody leaves 12 seconds on the clock for the opponent to beeline to the rim. It would be completely different if there was 4 seconds on that clock, in terms of the quality of look Jackson could get.

This is especially true if the team doesn't have a timeout. There's an argument if they do to take the first best shot you can and rely on your set defense on the other end. But not when your defense isn't set.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:05 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
I've been watching ball for 20+ years. When you've got 18 seconds off a timeout, you drain 8-9 seconds before running the play. That gives you ample opportunity to offensive rebound and have contingencies. Nobody leaves 12 seconds on the clock for the opponent to beeline to the rim. It would be completely different if there was 4 seconds on that clock, in terms of the quality of look Jackson could get.

This is especially true if the team doesn't have a timeout. There's an argument if they do to take the first best shot you can and rely on your set defense on the other end. But not when your defense isn't set.

I think our coaching staff know how horrible our team is against set half court defense.

If we had Russ kill the clock up top and attack later…we probably don’t get a clean look at all.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Sigh
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:07 pm    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
rock0100 wrote:

Lol, why. They make good moves for the Dodgers. They do whatever necessary to improve the roster.

We need someone with deep pockets not afraid to spend what Golden State was in the KD days.

Because I saw the disaster that Magic was. Evidently you missed that.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 37 of 39
Jump to: