*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Los Angeles Clippers (02/03/22 @ 7:30 pm PT) Gm# 53 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 37, 38, 39  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
levon wrote:
I've been watching ball for 20+ years. When you've got 18 seconds off a timeout, you drain 8-9 seconds before running the play. That gives you ample opportunity to offensive rebound and have contingencies. Nobody leaves 12 seconds on the clock for the opponent to beeline to the rim. It would be completely different if there was 4 seconds on that clock, in terms of the quality of look Jackson could get.

This is especially true if the team doesn't have a timeout. There's an argument if they do to take the first best shot you can and rely on your set defense on the other end. But not when your defense isn't set.

I think our coaching staff know how horrible our team is against set half court defense.

If we had Russ kill the clock up top and attack later…we probably don’t get a clean look at all.

I'd argue we're even worse as a defensive team when our d isn't set. Every team seems to make two buzzer beaters against us a game at the end of quarters. We were guarding really well when our defense was set.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:09 pm    Post subject:

Dodgers owners (the 2 main guys) = over for rest of NBA.

Obviously this is contingent on them running the Lakers the same way and Magic just being a ceremonial owner. If he’s involved in basketball decisions it won’t be any different than the current (bleep).
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:11 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Obviously this is contingent on them running the Lakers the same way and Magic just being a ceremonial owner. If he’s involved in basketball decisions it won’t be any different than the current (bleep).

Right, because Dodger owners = out for MLB. That hasn’t happened.
_#1_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Russ did not take the right path. He was on Jackson until the 3pt line. He allowed himself to be bumped and slowed by Mann (dumb 1) when Reeves switched off him. At that point he was playing catch up. Trying to recover he bolts ahead straight at Jackson instead of cutting off the path (dumb 2). So instead of joining Reeves fronting RJ in a double, who has already at the same time started his spin move, it leaves Russ badly trailing, and having to reach out from behind. AD had to stay with his man till the close otherwise RJ has a gimme assist for a 5 foot gimme layup. Quick bam bam play which requires natural defensive instincts.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:15 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/status/1489470679074291716?s=21

This was pretty good rotation.

Just wish Ariza didn’t jump at him.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:16 pm    Post subject:

they didn't bother to bleep Malik's oopsie for TV lol

Malik clearly tired of the shenanigans lol

Last edited by TDRock on Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

Laker4lifer4real wrote:
Reaves got schooled 3 times in the 4th on the same
move by Jackson. F’n rookie.

Reeves took away the baseline which he was supposed to do his defense with solid do you want to blame somebody blame Westbrook who went for a steel and allowed to move that was not the baseline
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

They have a chance every season. Well run machine with stars, vets and young talent. Everyone wants their prospects.

But hey your Pels and Clippers might get there eventually. Or did you drop the Pels?
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

you can't argue they are year in and year the best team in the MLB and build a roster that can be good for a long time.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:19 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

you can't argue they are year in and year the best team in the MLB and build a roster that can be good for a long time.

And yes MLB doesn’t have a cap, but the Dodgers were a (bleep) show before these guys. They hired the Masai Ujiri of baseball and bam well oiled baseball ops. Embarrassment of riches.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:

damn, he was that close to tipping the ball to Russ and ended the game.
that was a tough shot with Ariza standing right next to his shooting hand. Ariza was probably a little slow getting there, but good defense over all
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:20 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Yes you can
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:20 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

And yes MLB doesn’t have a cap, but the Dodgers were a (bleep) show before these guys. They hired the Masai Ujiri of baseball and bam well oiled baseball ops. Embarrassment of riches.

they do have luxury tax though and the dodgers just paid them when needed.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:21 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Yes you can

ok, enlighten me.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:

Still don't understand why Ariza is getting minutes in crucial times.

He's either done, or not 100% and a step slow, and being 'a step slow' hurts us in situations like that. Though he barely looks like he has any lift at all.

If I were the Lakers I'd deactivate Ariza for 2-3 weeks and give him that time to actually get himself into shape and healthy. He's 'able' to play, that doesn't mean he 'should' be playing. He's clearly still not 100% and his body is a step behind what his mind wants to do.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:26 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

He's either done, or not 100% and a step slow, and being 'a step slow' hurts us in situations like that. Though he barely looks like he has any lift at all.

If I were the Lakers I'd deactivate Ariza for 2-3 weeks and give him that time to actually get himself into shape and healthy. He's 'able' to play, that doesn't mean he 'should' be playing. He's clearly still not 100% and his body is a step behind what his mind wants to do.

I agree but Melo was hurt. (Although he shouldn’t play crunch time defensive possessions either)

The lineup was

Russ
Reaves
Stanley
Ariza
AD.

Only real options are dwight, Bradley, or THT.

Our roster sucks
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:27 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
No one is talking about the fact they looked unprepared defensively? It’s like the Lakers didn’t realize they had to go quick

They had Reggie in the corner and doubled.

Russ was the one who went for the steal from behind giving Jackson the drive

That was not it
https://twitter.com/laclippers/status/1489472203716399105?s=21
Reggie already started to make the move when Russ went there, the help from Monk or AD needed to be there, reaves just got beat

https://twitter.com/chasenscott/status/1489471959436075009?s=21

no Russ already left his man way before that move.

He just had a bad angle on the double.

The attempt to steal did happen after Reggie did the spin but Russ’s bad angle gave up that opening for the move to happen in the first place

I am pretty sure both him and reaves were expecting the base line jumper, so reaves played baseline and Russ went for the corner shot, and Reggie made a great move, but I just feel like the help should’ve been there after he made the move.
That Morris 3 was the killer because we played perfect defense

Really? I would imagine most people were expecting a drive to the basket like I did. It was a poor defensive decision by Westbrook.

I didn't think we played the defense perfectly on that Morris 3. If I were the coach, I would tell the players not to double team the drive and stick to the 3 points shooters.

But Morris didn’t get an open 3, it was contested and Ariza was very close to block it from the back, I don’t know what else can we do there.

Ariza lost his defensive position because AD went to defend the paint and Ariza had to cover two shooters. Like I said, I would tell the players to stick to the 3 point shooters and let the Clippers score on a lay up instead because I know both Morris and Kennard are good 3 points shooters.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:29 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

Curious who would you put instead?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:34 pm    Post subject:

How many times did we say let’s hope the Lakers capitalize on there effort in the 4th only to come back the next game and lay an egg.. Let’s hope this isn’t the same repeat of the wasted comeback effort against the Heat and they actually build momentum.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:38 pm    Post subject:

I have never been this frustrated with a laker team.

Closest was the Dwight Nash team
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:38 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
How many times did we say let’s hope the Lakers capitalize on there effort in the 4th only to come back the next game and lay an egg.. Let’s hope this isn’t the same repeat of the wasted comeback effort against the Heat and they actually build momentum.

I think they played “well” since lebron was out, and the worst game they played is the game they won. It just wasn’t enough.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:39 pm    Post subject:

Tough loss... Morris and Ibaka doubling their season scoring average.

Melo only 11 minutes?

Bad defensive by both Reaves and Russ at the end... Not sure why Reaves was in there instead of Stanley. Specially with Jackson success of attacking Reaves before.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:40 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
No one is talking about the fact they looked unprepared defensively? It’s like the Lakers didn’t realize they had to go quick

They had Reggie in the corner and doubled.

Russ was the one who went for the steal from behind giving Jackson the drive

That was not it
https://twitter.com/laclippers/status/1489472203716399105?s=21
Reggie already started to make the move when Russ went there, the help from Monk or AD needed to be there, reaves just got beat

https://twitter.com/chasenscott/status/1489471959436075009?s=21

no Russ already left his man way before that move.

He just had a bad angle on the double.

The attempt to steal did happen after Reggie did the spin but Russ’s bad angle gave up that opening for the move to happen in the first place

I am pretty sure both him and reaves were expecting the base line jumper, so reaves played baseline and Russ went for the corner shot, and Reggie made a great move, but I just feel like the help should’ve been there after he made the move.
That Morris 3 was the killer because we played perfect defense

Really? I would imagine most people were expecting a drive to the basket like I did. It was a poor defensive decision by Westbrook.

I didn't think we played the defense perfectly on that Morris 3. If I were the coach, I would tell the players not to double team the drive and stick to the 3 points shooters.

But Morris didn’t get an open 3, it was contested and Ariza was very close to block it from the back, I don’t know what else can we do there.

Ariza lost his defensive position because AD went to defend the paint and Ariza had to cover two shooters. Like I said, I would tell the players to stick to the 3 point shooters and let the Clippers score on a lay up instead because I know both Morris and Kennard are good 3 points shooters.

He lost position because he actually tipped the pass and was that close of a steal, but the effort to get back to Morris was a step slow, the video is in the last page
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:41 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Tough loss... Morris and Ibaka doubling their season scoring average.

Melo only 11 minutes?

Bad defensive by both Reaves and Russ at the end... Not sure why Reaves was in there instead of Stanley. Specially with Jackson success of attacking Reaves before.

Melo strained his hammy man. Won’t see him for a while. Reaves was in for “offense” I suppose
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:45 pm    Post subject:

Morris shooting 43%/38% for the season.

Tonight he shot 69%/86%...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 38 of 39
Jump to: