*** Los Angeles Lakers vs New Orleans Pelicans (03/27/22 @ 4:00PM PT) Gm#74***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 20652

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:44 pm    Post subject:

2021-22 Los Angeles Losers.

Worst team in the history of this franchise. Least watchable and most clown worthy.

Never a team this embarrassing in this franchise’s tremendous history.
_________________
Rule #1 for Beginner GM: Do not trade FRPs for role players.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 41307

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:12 pm    Post subject:

Had the Lakers not squander there lead against the Wizards with a healthy LeBron I might have used LeBron’s ankle injury as a excuse for blowing the lead against the Pelicans but that’s simply the reality of the situation we would have lost even had LeBron been healthy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 11920

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:14 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Had the Lakers not squander there lead against the Wizards with a healthy LeBron I might have used LeBron’s ankle injury as a excuse for blowing the lead against the Pelicans but that’s simply the reality of the situation we would have lost even had LeBron been healthy

He sat against Philly which we could have won.
_________________
"He's been told by people—and I know this—LeBron doesn't want to be coached." - Wilbon

"I mean it's not a failure," James said "We came to work every day...we tried... the results just didn't happen. But it's not a failure." - Bron
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 41307

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:37 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Had the Lakers not squander there lead against the Wizards with a healthy LeBron I might have used LeBron’s ankle injury as a excuse for blowing the lead against the Pelicans but that’s simply the reality of the situation we would have lost even had LeBron been healthy

He sat against Philly which we could have won.


There is a lot of what if scenarios in our season, it’s really time for us to just accept that we aren’t a good team
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 11920

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Had the Lakers not squander there lead against the Wizards with a healthy LeBron I might have used LeBron’s ankle injury as a excuse for blowing the lead against the Pelicans but that’s simply the reality of the situation we would have lost even had LeBron been healthy

He sat against Philly which we could have won.


There is a lot of what if scenarios in our season, it’s really time for us to just accept that we aren’t a good team

I know. AD coming back hinders scoring title. Imho bron may be done for year depending on embiid
_________________
"He's been told by people—and I know this—LeBron doesn't want to be coached." - Wilbon

"I mean it's not a failure," James said "We came to work every day...we tried... the results just didn't happen. But it's not a failure." - Bron
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2014
Posts: 7412

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Just finished watching. Another incredible collapse in a season of them.

I guess “must win” means something different to these “professionals” .

What a f’n embarrassment! A 28pt swing in the second half? Could not believe I was seeing it again. Amazing to see so many HoF level players not caring. You would think they would have some pride.

Season is over. The players have made that abundantly clear.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Mar 2016
Posts: 3768

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Just finished watching. Another incredible collapse in a season of them.

I guess “must win” means something different to these “professionals” .

What a f’n embarrassment! A 28pt swing in the second half? Could not believe I was seeing it again. Amazing to see so many HoF level players not caring. You would think they would have some pride.

Season is over. The players have made that abundantly clear.


I need to rewatch.

Everyone here is saying it was THTs fault. I thought he didn’t play in the 3rd quarter but maybe the geniuses on this site saw something I didn’t see.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2014
Posts: 7412

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:43 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Just finished watching. Another incredible collapse in a season of them.

I guess “must win” means something different to these “professionals” .

What a f’n embarrassment! A 28pt swing in the second half? Could not believe I was seeing it again. Amazing to see so many HoF level players not caring. You would think they would have some pride.

Season is over. The players have made that abundantly clear.


I need to rewatch.

Everyone here is saying it was THTs fault. I thought he didn’t play in the 3rd quarter but maybe the geniuses on this site saw something I didn’t see.


Didn’t follow the game thread. I recorded and just finished watching.

They were blaming THT? Interesting. He was just as bad as all the rest but my opinion is they had a great first half. They played defense with energy, which led to easy baskets, they passed the ball and were shooting a high percentage.

Then they reverted to the same old habits they have had all season. No defensive intensity, standing around instead of boxing out and giving up second chance points, missing rotations and no effort to stick to shooters who are hot.

On offense they started becoming lazy. Selfish 1-1 play instead of moving the ball, running the clock down, taking multiple bad shots. Then becoming completely unhinged and inefficient the final 5 mins.

It was team wide. It was the supposed leaders of the team. But sure go ahead and blame THT. I’m sure there are a group blaming Voglel too.

Doesn’t matter. They lost another game in humiliating fashion. Likely just laughed it off at a nice restaurant afterwards. No big deal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Julius Handle
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 05 Mar 2018
Posts: 50

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:47 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Just finished watching. Another incredible collapse in a season of them.

I guess “must win” means something different to these “professionals” .

What a f’n embarrassment! A 28pt swing in the second half? Could not believe I was seeing it again. Amazing to see so many HoF level players not caring. You would think they would have some pride.

Season is over. The players have made that abundantly clear.


At the beginning of the season, I said the only way we win a championship is if Westbrook gets hurt. Well, he's been healthy all year and it killed our season. He is an awful losing player. If Vogel would just bench him, LeBron could lead the other guys to wins. Like he's done his whole career. Westbrook, at this point in his career, is poison. An anti-winner.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 46761

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:54 am    Post subject:

Total team choke job.
This team has cooked it's own goose. It's the same refrain, like a broken record.
Outside of LBJ, Westbrook and Monk, we have no other bona-fide scorers. Add in all the minimum vets and you got nothing.

Poorly constructed team, puzzling rotations, no sustained cohesion on offense no focus on the defensive side, too many old tired legs.
The young guys play hard but are not the most talented by any means.

It's all been a royal cluster......
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 46761

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:08 am    Post subject:

NEXT GAME:
    Los Angeles Lakers vs Dallas Mavericks
    American Arena, Dallas, TX | Tuesday, Mar. 29, 2022 • 4:30 PM PT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 02 Jul 2018
Posts: 613

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:19 am    Post subject:

Just an embarrassing display of basketball. I even question if LBJ's head was all in it because if you look almost immediately after the game he is reposted on IG promoting his tequila, its like this didn't register with him or something.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 141650
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:22 am    Post subject:

Joel Meyers: You know what they say AD, that’s all folks.
_________________
October 4 is Yadier Molina Day in St. Louis
October 5 is Albert Pujols Day in St. Louis
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 20652

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:05 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Joel Meyers: You know what they say AD, that’s all folks.


Pelicans should worry about winning a play-in game.

Being so consumed with a trash Lakers team whether it’s their official Twitter account or their TV PBP is exactly why they will never win anything.

They should focus on proper team building and getting (bleep) right instead of being the vengeful ex.
_________________
Rule #1 for Beginner GM: Do not trade FRPs for role players.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 141650
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:09 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Joel Meyers: You know what they say AD, that’s all folks.


Pelicans should worry about winning a play-in game.

Being so consumed with a trash Lakers team whether it’s their official Twitter account or their TV PBP is exactly why they will never win anything.

They should focus on proper team building and getting (bleep) right instead of being the vengeful ex.


They obviously don’t worry about the Lakers, the season schedule results shows that. They do enjoy seeing AD not succeeding. I am sure that they appreciate the talent and picks from the Lakers, all while enjoying watching AD fail.
_________________
October 4 is Yadier Molina Day in St. Louis
October 5 is Albert Pujols Day in St. Louis
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Dec 2012
Posts: 1934

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:26 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Joel Meyers: You know what they say AD, that’s all folks.


Pelicans should worry about winning a play-in game.

Being so consumed with a trash Lakers team whether it’s their official Twitter account or their TV PBP is exactly why they will never win anything.

They should focus on proper team building and getting (bleep) right instead of being the vengeful ex.


You do realize the pels get a top 10 pick from them if the lakers continue to fail?

Having such asset is always important in team building, which is why the lakers losing is in the pel's best interests.


Last edited by dabask11 on Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 20652

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:32 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Joel Meyers: You know what they say AD, that’s all folks.


Pelicans should worry about winning a play-in game.

Being so consumed with a trash Lakers team whether it’s their official Twitter account or their TV PBP is exactly why they will never win anything.

They should focus on proper team building and getting (bleep) right instead of being the vengeful ex.


They obviously don’t worry about the Lakers, the season schedule results shows that. They do enjoy seeing AD not succeeding. I am sure that they appreciate the talent and picks from the Lakers, all while enjoying watching AD fail.


I think that’s what you enjoy as a Pels fan. Too bad you won’t be sniffing a championship, because you can’t fix petty incompetent franchises that don’t know what it takes to win.

They should worry about figuring out how to win something instead of worrying about fat and complacent day to Davis and his buddy LehorribleGM.
_________________
Rule #1 for Beginner GM: Do not trade FRPs for role players.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersfever714
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Jan 2016
Posts: 9278

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:18 pm    Post subject:

And....our lottery pick goes to...the Naulins Pelicans!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26
Page 26 of 26
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB