LBJ P&M Doomsday Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:06 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
TMG wrote:
We won a chip.

Anyone saying franchise sold it's soul to Lebron/klutch whatever the hell clearly hasn't been watching the (bleep) that has been the Lakers pre Lebron. Spoiler alert. They had no soul or identity. We were the leagues punching bag.

And now we are the league’s punching bag

I'll get crucified for this as have you..

but with Pat Bev, Trez, and especially Doc Rivers gone I find the clippers enjoyable to watch.

I rather them win than the Suns or the Warriors. Living in the Bay area around Warrior fans has caused me to root against them lol.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:29 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
This thread and his player thread are going to be crazy if he plays 2 more games, now that the Lakers are officially eliminated. Why would a veteran superstar come back for meaningless games if he is injured?

On another note, we haven’t heard a lot about LeKnee since that live footage of LeAnkle.

Why wouldn't he? It's not like if he gets injured it risks any postseason plans for the team, there's really 0 conflict of interest with team interests.

Because if you are injured for must win games, you don’t come back to play 2 meaningless games less than 5 days later just to win a scoring title. You are either injured…or you are not…

OK, so injuries can and do heal. We all are not his medical team, how can we external observers know one way or another?
Frankly I don't care whether he plays or not, the season has ended for me, I was just trying to understand the point being made.

Here is the point. Say we are in the same situation, but Lebron is not in the scoring title race…would he play those 2 games he needs to qualify?

My answer is hell no. He would shut it down like he did in 2018-19. I expect nothing less from LeCalculated and a guy who had the decision years ago. I’ll actually tip my hat with respect if he doesn’t come back this season.

Ah OK, gotcha, thanks. (Not that I fully agree with you, but this is a reasonable point).
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Okay, I'll bite. Haven't posted much because, in general, I didn't want to get emotionally invested in a team that's run by such poor ownership and management. The Westbrook trade sealed the deal, because he's easily my least favorite player in the league. So glad I spared myself from the the disaster that this season (somewhat predictably) ended up being.

But IMO Lebron is not even close to the top of the reasons the Lakers are in this predicament. What he's still doing at his age is ridiculous, and I still (somehow) view him as someone who can be the best player on a championship team. The advanced stats show that his impact hasn't really waned much when you compare his 2018-2021 seasons - just insane consistency, and he's been even better in some aspects this year than the last three. So not sure what more one could ask from him ON THE COURT. He's damn near the only thing that makes the team watchable, too.

The real issue (Part 1) is that AD was supposed to be the younger star who took over for Lebron and transitioned us into the next era with (likely) another star running mate coming in eventually, and instead we got the worst version of him these past two years who can't stay on the court for more than 5 games at a time and isn't nearly as effective (for his standards) when he's healthy anyway. Not sure why it's so shocking that the whole structure fell apart when the guy who was counted on to anchor it is MIA for half the season and getting into game shape the other half.

Part 2, and let's get it off the table if you want to and just blame the Westbrook trade on Lebron (and AD). Sure, fine. But what about Rob trading three 1st round picks for AD when he had all the leverage? Wasting a prime free agency period chasing Kawhi with no contingency plan on building a proper core of role players around Lebron/AD in 2019? Burning Danny Green and another 1st on Schroder (acceptable), but then losing Schroder for nothing the next season (just piss poor asset management...Rob's MO). Wasting the MLE on a player we didn't need in Trez on a low value deal for the team (as far as a trade asset), and then replacing Dwight with Marc for no reason at all? Then you get to the Caruso of it all, and splurging on THT. Literally, this guy just lost on move after move for two straight years. Where are the wins? I'd say signing Dwight the first time (only due to Boogie's injury) and Monk, but that's probably it? How does he still have his job after failing so consistently and spectacularly, and leaving us with literally no major avenues to improve in the near future?

So yeah, let's take all that into account, and still somehow blame the one guy who's actually done some good in the last couple of years for all of the problems...because you know, he posts some (bleep) on social media every now and then that you don't like and has a few passive aggressive press conference moments during the season. Makes a lot of sense...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: