2022 Exit Interviews
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:40 am    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
Bron’s exit presser:

Sweet thnx

No, thank you (& DB) for getting down for us on the daily all year with this “team” and not letting it impact your moods & enthusiasm. Y’all the real MVPs haha.

Here’s one with better audio tho…

Bron’s exit presser

AD’s exit presser

Melo’s exit presser

Official Lakers exit presser playlist
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrEGk474MKSFki1s3XmCdR0Wy9HjJETIA

Last edited by vasashi17+ on Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:40 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:
if chris paul can still be valuable to a team, then so can lebron. lebron moves the needle much more than CP3 at their respective ages IMHO.

LBJ and AD is still a hell of a 1-2 punch. but EVERYONE, from bron to AD to jeanie, rambii, etc. BLEW IT with the WB trade and generally horrible last minute roster construction. to be honest, they all deserved this fate.

they have to move WB. definitely prefer keeping our first and reaves. take on some crappy longer term contracts. it might be for 2-3 players, but i bet those players will be a net positive as opposed to Russ playing no D and seemingly being a locker room cancer.

yeah, so far rozier and hayward might be semi realistic? gordon used to play the 2 guard. can he still do it?

Chris Paul took a sub .500 team to the finals his first year and then the best record in the league.

He took the losing Clippers and Hornets to the playoffs.

LBJ needed to create superteams to do what Chris did organically.

I'm baffled why people worship LBJ and protect him and hate Chris Paul.

CP3 should have played with Kobe and led us to several titles by now.

Ah... your schtick makes perfect sense now. LMAO this place is pure gold

He’s right about Chris Paul
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:42 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:
if chris paul can still be valuable to a team, then so can lebron. lebron moves the needle much more than CP3 at their respective ages IMHO.

LBJ and AD is still a hell of a 1-2 punch. but EVERYONE, from bron to AD to jeanie, rambii, etc. BLEW IT with the WB trade and generally horrible last minute roster construction. to be honest, they all deserved this fate.

they have to move WB. definitely prefer keeping our first and reaves. take on some crappy longer term contracts. it might be for 2-3 players, but i bet those players will be a net positive as opposed to Russ playing no D and seemingly being a locker room cancer.

yeah, so far rozier and hayward might be semi realistic? gordon used to play the 2 guard. can he still do it?

Chris Paul took a sub .500 team to the finals his first year and then the best record in the league.

He’s right about Chris Paul

I'm often in the minority hoping CP3 gets a ring
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:45 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:

Why? I have watched Chris Paul play since highschool, wake forest, parts of his career as a pro. I don't care if he ever wins a ring. The twitter nerds will just gas up that "CP3 > Magic" non-sense from a decade ago.
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:47 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

You are leaving out way too many details here. First the Suns had a talented roster that was starting to mature. They went 8-0 in the bubble on the restart and simply missed out by a tie breaker. Chris Paul joined a team that was already showing signs and he wasn't asked to be the savior. Devin Booker was their best player and Ayton was maturing quickly. CP3 also played in 70 gams. Lebron also joined a sub-500 team. The Lakers were 20-14 when Lebron hurt his groin. The season went south at that point. With the time missed and his health, the Lakers were never the same. The next year he won it all.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:49 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

7000 posts protecting LBJ.

A bot could perform your function as a poster.

When LBJ came here I was happy... I tried to deny the reality of his history and thought it might be different somehow.

Then he traded my entire freaking team!

Then when I was adapting to the new team... he got rid of the rest of them for Russ!

If LBJ stops his GM BS tomorrow, I can forgive and forget as a fan... but listening to him lie his ass off at exit interviews doesn't make me believe he will change.

You will protect LBJ even if he starts attacking Ukraine.

I'd at least give him a chance if he stopped GMing for a year.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:54 am    Post subject:

cthroatgtr wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

You are leaving out way too many details here. First the Suns had a talented roster that was starting to mature. They went 8-0 in the bubble on the restart and simply missed out by a tie breaker. Chris Paul joined a team that was already showing signs and he wasn't asked to be the savior. Devin Booker was their best player and Ayton was maturing quickly. CP3 also played in 70 gams. Lebron also joined a sub-500 team. The Lakers were 20-14 when Lebron hurt his groin. The season went south at that point. With the time missed and his health, the Lakers were never the same. The next year he won it all.

Wait a minute... when I said we had a talented roster that was starting to mature... I was told that they hadn't won anything yet... so it didn't matter that we traded them. They also had winning streaks and flashes of brilliance.

Chris hasn't done it once... he's done it over and over again... just hasn't won the title... but Stern stopped him from doing that.

I'm not saying LBJ isn't great... but I responded to the idea that CP3 isn't having equal or greater impact at his age. He is... and the results are in the winning column.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:57 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:

I would be fine with him winning a ring, I have heard some really good stories about him. Someone I met through youth football and really respect is his body guard and has said good things about him. I was happy that Giannis won last year and really would like to see Jokic get one this season but would be fine with a Suns title.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:00 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

I would be fine with him winning a ring, I have heard some really good stories about him. Someone I met through youth football and really respect is his body guard and has said good things about him. I was happy that Giannis won last year and really would like to see Jokic get one this season but would be fine with a Suns title.

I don't mind CP getting a ring, I just do not want that smug little Cam Payne or Crowder to get one.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:32 pm    Post subject:

Rob’s exit presser

PNWlakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:32 pm    Post subject:

is russ done yet? Seeing some tweet about things he said but want to watch the whole thing
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:22 pm    Post subject:

Russ’s exit presser

THT’s exit presser

Monk’s exit presser

Av’s exit presser

deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:25 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

Yeah, I guess I can be ok with CP3 or Jokic winning... The east will
be tough which is good.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:16 pm    Post subject:

Dwight’s exit presser

Stan’s exit presser

Ellington’s exit presser

Nunn’s exit presser

Baze’s exit presser

Gabriel’s exit presser

McClung’s exit presser

DJA’s exit presser

Reave’s exit presser

Lakers exit pressers playlist
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrEGk474MKSFki1s3XmCdR0Wy9HjJETIA

Last edited by vasashi17+ on Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Imagine if we got Chris Paul in 2020 instead of Schroder

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:00 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
I am so frustrated and cynical about James and this team.

All I can imagine for James’ exit interview is a scene from Caddyshack. James playing the part of Spaulding endlessly whining about what he wants.

Unfortunately I can’t envision any Laker FO personnel giving him the “ you will get nothing and like it” treatment.

I can’t believe my Lakers have sunk this low in so many ways.

This is first time in my life where I am actually questioning my desire to remain a Laker fan. I still will, inevitably, but the bond that I have with my Lakers has never been weaker.

Yeah, you will .....we all will! It's in our basketball DNA. I've been through plenty of ups and downs with the Lakers..since the 70's. We're in a downward cycle.

What's essential is to make prudent moves going forth. Eric Pincus outlined the series of missteps we've made in recent years. Can't repeat them.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:15 pm    Post subject:

All exit presser vids are up here:

https://www.nba.com/lakers/archive/exit%20interviews
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: