Where Do LeBron James and the Los Angeles Lakers Go from Here?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:35 pm    Post subject: Where Do LeBron James and the Los Angeles Lakers Go from Here?

Hey All,

Latest @BleacherReport Where Do LeBron James and the Los Angeles Lakers Go from Here? https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10031811-where-do-lebron-james-and-the-los-angeles-lakers-go-from-here

Very TBD,

EP
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:35 pm    Post subject:

Also,

The NBA recently updated its 2022-23 salary cap projection for a second time. What does that mean for min, max, rookie-scale & other exceptions? Latest @SportsBizClass https://www.sportsbusinessclassroom.com/nba-revises-2022-23-salary-cap-projections-again/
NBA Revises 2022-23 Salary Cap Projections Again
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:59 pm    Post subject:

Stay and make another go at it. Dont know how this team will get better during the off season. But im hoping. And really it's hope more than anything. That the trio takes all this personal. I Westbrook takes it personal about what Magic said about him. I hope AD takes the jokes personal. I hope Lebron takes well everything personal. I want to see them back with a vengeance if the trio stays intact.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:51 pm    Post subject:

1) Lose the Rambi's.
2) Give Pelinka free reign for a season (monitored)
3) Look for a quality HC that is capable of coaching a rebuilding squad.
4 Find a way to move Westbrook.
5) Sign shooters
6) Strengthen the bench
7) Talk to AD about off-season injury training.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:20 pm    Post subject:

Not living up to expectations is one thing...but missing the post season where 10 teams in the conf participate? That’s a totally different story. I don’t like roster churn but I believe the current team is too far away from competing to rely on anyone other than LBJ and AD as starters.

I would like to bring most back as deep bench or reserves instead of playing them ahead of their skills. Bradley, Reeves, Monk, THT, Stanley, Gabriel, Dwight are not currently NBA quality starters though I like Monk getting significant minutes as well as roles for the others...but non should get starter minutes.

My hope is Pacers trade for:
Westbrook/THT/FRP in exchange for Turner/TJ (F not PG)/Brogdon

This may sound strange but I prefer a wing over Hield, lack of 6’6”+ was one of the teams probs so don’t want to repeat that.

Turner Cousins Dwight
AD Melo Gabriel
Bron TJ Stanley
Brogdon Bradley Reeves
Monk(TPMLE) Nunn DAJ

Last edited by Hanging from Rafters on Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
LaxT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:33 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

If Westbrook was the knockout punch, the front office's self-inflicted body blows have dismantled a championship roster.

In the NBA, resources are limited even for the wealthiest of franchises, and front offices must be thoughtful and diligent every year. Their 2019-20 title was a tremendous accomplishment, but the Lakers shouldn't get a pass for several obvious, costly mistakes that left the team paralyzed at the trade deadline even in the face of a clear need for improvement.

Quote:

The question of how the Lakers got here isn't as crucial as what they do moving forward. It's easy to point fingers, but mapping a viable path forward is more complicated.

Changes at the Top Unlikely

There's no evidence that team governor Jeanie Buss, who holds roughly two-thirds of the franchise alongside her siblings, is looking to sell the Lakers. Barring something completely unexpected, significant changes seem unlikely.

Buss relies heavily on the council of Linda and Kurt Rambis—professional and personal relationships that go back several decades. That, too, isn't likely to change.

The buzz around the league suggests general manager Rob Pelinka has another year to get the Lakers back on track. The blame internally appears to be focused on injuries, Russell Westbrook and LeBron James for pressuring the team to trade for Westbrook.

James may have as much power as any player in the NBA, but he's not in charge, and the front office celebrated Westbrook's arrival. Leadership must take responsibility for recent failures, but it doesn't sound like any key roles are set to change in the immediate future.

Pelinka is the worst GM with a championship ring. He is not getting fired simply because there are scapegoats, Westbrook and Vogel, in front of him. With these careless decision makers, and limited resources, the Lakers are not going to contend without a rebuild first.

Rebuild with the incumbent FO? Good luck.

Accountability matters. That was why the previous regime was fired, and what this team needs.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:58 pm    Post subject:

LaxT wrote:
Quote:

If Westbrook was the knockout punch, the front office's self-inflicted body blows have dismantled a championship roster.

In the NBA, resources are limited even for the wealthiest of franchises, and front offices must be thoughtful and diligent every year. Their 2019-20 title was a tremendous accomplishment, but the Lakers shouldn't get a pass for several obvious, costly mistakes that left the team paralyzed at the trade deadline even in the face of a clear need for improvement.

Quote:

The question of how the Lakers got here isn't as crucial as what they do moving forward. It's easy to point fingers, but mapping a viable path forward is more complicated.

Changes at the Top Unlikely

There's no evidence that team governor Jeanie Buss, who holds roughly two-thirds of the franchise alongside her siblings, is looking to sell the Lakers. Barring something completely unexpected, significant changes seem unlikely.

Buss relies heavily on the council of Linda and Kurt Rambis—professional and personal relationships that go back several decades. That, too, isn't likely to change.

The buzz around the league suggests general manager Rob Pelinka has another year to get the Lakers back on track. The blame internally appears to be focused on injuries, Russell Westbrook and LeBron James for pressuring the team to trade for Westbrook.

James may have as much power as any player in the NBA, but he's not in charge, and the front office celebrated Westbrook's arrival. Leadership must take responsibility for recent failures, but it doesn't sound like any key roles are set to change in the immediate future.

Pelinka is the worst GM with a championship ring. He is not getting fired simply because there are scapegoats, Westbrook and Vogel, in front of him. With these careless decision makers, and limited resources, the Lakers are not going to contend without a rebuild first.

Rebuild with the incumbent FO? Good luck.

Accountability matters. That was why the previous regime was fired, and what this team needs.

I’m almost ready to agree with you, heck maybe I do already and just in
denial. But Rob dug us out of a deep hole after the Magic debacle with AD, Green, Dwight for a ship. The next year he realized LBJ at pg was not sustainable and got Shroeder, Harrell, and Drummond.

However Rob also missed on Javale, Dwight, then signed Gasol. Let Morris and Rondo go then later didn’t let Shroeder come back for the cheap after agreeing to back up WB as well as not brining back Drummond getting DJordan instead. Let Rondo go again which should not have brought him back if he wanted to let him go in the first place. The main red flag (warning sign) with Rob is his of eight 6’4” guys with no one between 6’4” and 6’8” and also signing 6 washed up former Lakers. That looked like a child playing with toys instead of a respected professional GM.

Get Mark Jackson as coach and give Rob another year is my first choice but if Pelinka is canned I wouldn’t complain.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:27 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Eric for a good and informative article.

I wonder if I'm the only one who sees a way back to title contention next year.

The big dominoes to fall are figuring out what to do with Westbrook, hiring the right head coach (no Doc or Mark Jackson or Mike Brown, please) and getting LeBron to recommit to the team.

If those things work out, the rest could be the "easy" part. Having a team-oriented LeBron, plus AD, Monk and Nunn is a great starting point.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:33 pm    Post subject:

They can go straight to cancun
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Where Do LeBron James and the Los Angeles Lakers Go from Here?

emplay wrote:
Hey All,

Latest @BleacherReport Where Do LeBron James and the Los Angeles Lakers Go from Here? https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10031811-where-do-lebron-james-and-the-los-angeles-lakers-go-from-here

Very TBD,

EP
Interesting article

Unfortunately, Vogel will be the Fall Guy.

Some NBA pundits have shared that LeWestBrick is more valuable in a faster paced offense that provide early offense opportunities against mismatches. Unfortunately, that depends on having an elite D that didn't happen because of AD (injuried), Dwight (too old and lost his quickness) and DJ (didn't have the defenders to funnel opposition's offense to set areas to compensate for his lack of mobility).

With Westbrook and LBJ unable to get lobs to DJ/Dwight on P&Rs, forced Vogel to have them sit next to him.

Did Vogel "lose" the team since they weren't able to execute.

Since LBJ/AD brought in Westbrook and others, what responsibilities is on LBJ?

If they are looking for an experienced coached that is "better" - you've mentioned good coaches that are retreads and doens't appear to be a definitive upgrade - even Doc

Since they need bigs that defend while provide offense, maybe Jerami Grant (https://www.blazersedge.com/2022/4/6/23011783/jerami-grant-trade-rumors-portland-trail-blazers-2022-nba-draft-lottery-salary-cap) is a possibility?

Maybe Nerlens Noel, Thomas Bryant, Al Horford and/or Myles Turner will be in a Laker uniform (https://hoopshype.com/lists/nba-rankings-top-22-centers-2021-22-season-adebay-towns-embiid-jokic-gobert/) to provide the needed D to trigger the offense while providing needed D while not demanding the ball on offense (cause he ain't going to get it with LBJ, AD, Westbrook, Monk and others are on the roster). IMHO - having the right "5" should be the Lakers' top priority.

With Monk and KNunn, alongside LBJ/AD (when healthy) should provide offensive threats that the opposition will have to guard. Hopefully Reeves, Gabriel and Johnson will be devoting this off-season to improvie their outside shooting to where it will get the opposition's attention.

With these possible/potential additions, maybe Melo will return on a minimum contract and play 10-15MPG - not. 30+MPG because he has to

Where is the next "Monte Williams - there aren't any???"
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Lakers had the opportunity to sign Monty Williams or Ty Lue - so yeah, but Vogel is good at what he's good at. It's just not a roster built for his style (or maybe any style, lol). If healthy, maybe, but so top-heavy in players - not built to handle injuries
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:50 pm    Post subject:

emplay wrote:
Lakers had the opportunity to sign Monty Williams or Ty Lue - so yeah, but Vogel is good at what he's good at. It's just not a roster built for his style (or maybe any style, lol). If healthy, maybe, but so top-heavy in players - not built to handle injuries
Lue is not a definitive upgrade, though his ability to not have LBJ does give him some Credit

Monte Williams would have been a great choice. Maybe they couldn't agree on contract terms, which leads into the question of how much is Jeanie willing to pay for a HC?

"When asked about his relationship with Vogel, who at times during the season benched Westbrook for the fourth quarter of games, he replied: “I’m not sure what his issue was with me.”"
~ Uh - far less TOs, much more efficient shooting percentage, actually play some defense instead of sightseeing, etc. Echoing Magic's words, having no expectations while playing for the Lakers is unacceptable.
https://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/story/2022-04-11/russell-westbrook-exit-interview-frank-vogel-disappointing-season

"“Russ [Westbrook] never respected Frank [Vogel] from Day 1,” said one Lakers staff member with knowledge of the situation. “The moment Frank said anybody who gets the rebound can bring it up the court, which is just how the NBA is played these days, Russ was like, ‘Naw, I’m the point guard. Give the ball to me. Everybody run. Frank was like, ‘No, we have Talen [Horton-Tucker] We have Austin [Reaves]. We have Malik. We have LeBron. We have AD. They can all bring the ball up.’ He was like, ‘Nope, I’m the point guard. Give me that s—. Everybody get out the way.’
“From that point on, in training camp, it was a wrap, ‘cause now Russ is a fish out of water. He doesn’t know what to do. That’s how that started.”"
"Opposing scouts said they saw Lakers players ignoring their coaches’ instruction."
https://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/story/2022-04-08/inside-la-lakers-disappointing-season-lebron-james-anthony-davis

Since many Laker media pundits have shared the "veterans" stopped listening to Vogel since LBJ's words were more important than his, need for a strong coach and that playing for this team is "just a job" - a HC that will kick butt and have the respect of LBJ is needed, but who would that be (Phil Jackson, Mark Jackson, Jeff Van Gundy?????)
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:12 pm    Post subject:

This is not a winning culture or environment.
We are good for a few highlight plays and cracking jokes on the sidelines and nothing more. Need a full teardown. Keep Reaves, Gabriel and Stanley. Maybe Dunn and Monk as well. After that...I don't really care about any of these other guys.
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:27 pm    Post subject:

FWIW - in NBA circles - other teams speak extremely highly of Lue as a coach
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:33 am    Post subject:

emplay wrote:
FWIW - in NBA circles - other teams speak extremely highly of Lue as a coach

I would even say he’s proving just how good he is now that he doesn’t need to play Lebron ball.

He’s one of the best in the league.
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:14 am    Post subject:

Lue's good with players - no-nonsense - low drama - but also really strong at in-game adjustments. He attacks weaknesses well
LaxT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:56 am    Post subject:

Bold predictions.

Once LBJ realizes the Lakers are not going to contend in the next three years, he will want out, in a way advised by his PR crew.

Finding next coach will take time. Candidates will hesitate without knowing whether LBJ and/or Westbrook will be on the team.

LBJ to Cleveland and Westbrook stays for another year.

A bolder scenario. LBJ to GS for a package centered around Wiggins.
LaxT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

Even if the Lakers fault James for their decision to bring in Westbrook, would the franchise really look for a divorce? If the team doesn't believe it can build a contender while extending James for two more years (beyond his 39th birthday) at $97.1 million, would it decide instead to trade the superstar?

Would L.A. even consider that kind of business decision? Even if it remains a non-contender, keeping James may be the path forward regardless. The franchise needs a headliner.

LBJ, by leaking that he intends to play out his contract, is already pressing the Lakers.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/266500/LeBron-James-Believed-To-Be-Strongly-Considering-Playing-Out-Contract-With-Lakers

Once the Lakers decision makers come to the conclusion that they are not able to assemble a contender for next season with the assets/tools at hand, they will face the choices to
(1) turn next season into a one man show, see LBJ overtaking the scoring crown from Kareem, congratulate him, and wave him goodbye when he leaves for nothing
or (2) trade him for something while they can.

Basketball wise, I think option 2 makes more sense. But the current top decision makers are more business minded. Even LBJ is business minded too.

The franchise needs a headliner. A positive one. If LBJ agrees next season will not be about winning but about scoring, it will be like Kobe's last season. The team loses games but makes money. So I am making a prediction completely different from yesterday. The Lakers will take option 1 and none of the decision makers will need to take responsibility for the lose column.

LBJ had a history of leaving his past teams in ashes. The Lakers are just another one.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:24 pm    Post subject:

emplay wrote:
Lue's good with players - no-nonsense - low drama - but also really strong at in-game adjustments. He attacks weaknesses well
Lue is definitely a good coach

Is Lue a definite and tangible upgrade from Vogel, (IMHO) - no

If Vogel knew that Kwahi would be out for the entire season and PG13 was out for an extended time (instead of in and out) likw Luw, would he have a similar record with the Clips as Lue, IMHO - yes

With Gabriel, Reeves and Johnson not even on the roster at the start of the season and playing well, that speaks volumes

Wish Vogel well with the next team that he will be coaching very soon.

Will the Lakers' next coach be a retread, high-level assistanc coach or a daring choice (all with the LBJ buying in to the HC)?

Maybe the silver lining is that LBJ realizes that he is a bad GM
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:38 pm    Post subject:

LaxT wrote:
Quote:
Even if the Lakers fault James for their decision to bring in Westbrook, would the franchise really look for a divorce? If the team doesn't believe it can build a contender while extending James for two more years (beyond his 39th birthday) at $97.1 million, would it decide instead to trade the superstar?

Would L.A. even consider that kind of business decision? Even if it remains a non-contender, keeping James may be the path forward regardless. The franchise needs a headliner.
LBJ, by leaking that he intends to play out his contract, is already pressing the Lakers.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/266500/LeBron-James-Believed-To-Be-Strongly-Considering-Playing-Out-Contract-With-Lakers

Once the Lakers decision makers come to the conclusion that they are not able to assemble a contender for next season with the assets/tools at hand, they will face the choices to

(1) turn next season into a one man show, see LBJ overtaking the scoring crown from Kareem, congratulate him, and wave him goodbye when he leaves for nothing

or

(2) trade him for something while they can.

Basketball wise, I think option 2 makes more sense. But the current top decision makers are more business minded. Even LBJ is business minded too.

The franchise needs a headliner. A positive one. If LBJ agrees next season will not be about winning but about scoring, it will be like Kobe's last season. The team loses games but makes money. So I am making a prediction completely different from yesterday. The Lakers will take option 1 and none of the decision makers will need to take responsibility for the lose column.

LBJ had a history of leaving his past teams in ashes. The Lakers are just another one.
Wow - having THREE future Hall of Fame players that still can play well and not make the playoffs next season - lol!

Jeanie is a business person, that is her job to assure that the Lakers have the financial ability to have a title-winning team.

If Westbrook is on the team next season, we will see how committed Westbrook is in winning a ring - That IS an Expectation for Any Laker! Hopefully he will realize that "Being Me" is not enough to win a RING, this team can be explosive and exciting.

If Westbrook "needs" to have the ball in his hand, he needs to provide that he is better at it than LBJ (translation: no unforced and wild passes, along with playing defense - see Celtics vs Nets where KD and Kyrie had to work very hard to get their shots).
If Westbrook is not a consistent mid-range shooter (see Lemar DeRozen), then he is not committed to improving his game - like greats from Kobe to LBR have done for years with his selfishness being highlighted for all to see
If Westbrook is targeted when playing D, again, he will be exposed for all to see. When Harden was lambasted for his matador-style of playing defense, he got better because he had the Non-Ben-Simmons attitude of working on his weaknesses
If Westbrook is not committed, deals from the Hornets to Pacers and others should be done quickly.
LaxT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:10 pm    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
LaxT wrote:
Quote:

or

Wow - having THREE future Hall of Fame players that still can play well and not make the playoffs next season - lol!

Jeanie is a business person, that is her job to assure that the Lakers have the financial ability to have a title-winning team.

If Westbrook is on the team next season, we will see how committed Westbrook is in winning a ring - That IS an Expectation for Any Laker! Hopefully he will realize that "Being Me" is not enough to win a RING, this team can be explosive and exciting.

If Westbrook "needs" to have the ball in his hand, he needs to provide that he is better at it than LBJ (translation: no unforced and wild passes, along with playing defense - see Celtics vs Nets where KD and Kyrie had to work very hard to get their shots).
If Westbrook is not a consistent mid-range shooter (see Lemar DeRozen), then he is not committed to improving his game - like greats from Kobe to LBR have done for years with his selfishness being highlighted for all to see
If Westbrook is targeted when playing D, again, he will be exposed for all to see. When Harden was lambasted for his matador-style of playing defense, he got better because he had the Non-Ben-Simmons attitude of working on his weaknesses
If Westbrook is not committed, deals from the Hornets to Pacers and others should be done quickly.

Wow, you still have hopes the "big three" plays together again and form a contender. An expectation failed miserably.

If LBJ stays, Westbrook is gone. If LBJ stays without extension, next season will be about his scoring title, not winning the actual title.

The "product" professional sports sells is more than the team on the court. It's more about emotions and stories which are more appealing to the common fans. For example, for the 2015-16 Lakers, people will remember the 60 points Kobe scored in his last game, not the number 65, loss total of that season.

This team is not going to contend without a rebuild, and lacks the tools to rebuild right now. LBJ staying to claim the scoring title sounds like a good story. It "keeps" the scoring title with the Lakers. It also postpones the rebuild, which none of the decision makers would like to face, for another year. A nice business move you might say, and a business move only.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:40 am    Post subject:

LaxT wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
LaxT wrote:
Quote:

or

Wow, you still have hopes the "big three" plays together again and form a contender. An expectation failed miserably.

If LBJ stays, Westbrook is gone. If LBJ stays without extension, next season will be about his scoring title, not winning the actual title.

The "product" professional sports sells is more than the team on the court. It's more about emotions and stories which are more appealing to the common fans. For example, for the 2015-16 Lakers, people will remember the 60 points Kobe scored in his last game, not the number 65, loss total of that season.

This team is not going to contend without a rebuild, and lacks the tools to rebuild right now. LBJ staying to claim the scoring title sounds like a good story. It "keeps" the scoring title with the Lakers. It also postpones the rebuild, which none of the decision makers would like to face, for another year. A nice business move you might say, and a business move only.
Do I have hope, yes
Do I hope that Westbrook uses the off-season to improve his game, like all other great players, yes
Do I hope that when LBJ/AD/Russ get together that they realize that all have to make sacrifices if winning a Ring is their top priority

As a person that saw Laker teams with West, Happy Hairston, Rudy LaRusso to the present day - I have seen the ups and downs

These three superstars can contend playing together. If they are a legitimate title-contending team, that is another question

LBJ will pass Kareem, that is a given

Lakers do not rebuild, if they have LBJ and AD on the roster.

Keys is LBJ as a Leader that demands accountability from every player that is on the court. When a team is ineffective during crunch time, that is when leadership is shown and that was missing last season.

Johnson/Reeves/Gabriel/Monk showed that when you play with focus and commitment to 150% effort, one will always be in games with a chance to win.

Note: This team will be a contender next season. Two bad losing seasons are not tolerated and will taint LBJ/AD's legacies

Do you bring up legitimate realities, yes

If LBJ fails as a Leader, that is another issue.
LaxT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:04 am    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
LaxT wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
LaxT wrote:
Quote:

or

Do I have hope, yes
Do I hope that Westbrook uses the off-season to improve his game, like all other great players, yes
Do I hope that when LBJ/AD/Russ get together that they realize that all have to make sacrifices if winning a Ring is their top priority

As a person that saw Laker teams with West, Happy Hairston, Rudy LaRusso to the present day - I have seen the ups and downs

These three superstars can contend playing together. If they are a legitimate title-contending team, that is another question

LBJ will pass Kareem, that is a given

Lakers do not rebuild, if they have LBJ and AD on the roster.

Keys is LBJ as a Leader that demands accountability from every player that is on the court. When a team is ineffective during crunch time, that is when leadership is shown and that was missing last season.

Johnson/Reeves/Gabriel/Monk showed that when you play with focus and commitment to 150% effort, one will always be in games with a chance to win.

Note: This team will be a contender next season. Two bad losing seasons are not tolerated and will taint LBJ/AD's legacies

Do you bring up legitimate realities, yes

If LBJ fails as a Leader, that is another issue.

You think LBJ still has faith in Pelinka, Westbrook, and AD's legs?

I guess LBJ is scouting the playoffs to narrow down his options. If he feels he can make, for example, the Cavs a contender, he will force a trade. Otherwise claiming the scoring title with the Lakers will further tie his legacy with LA which appears to be his choice of future home.

Road of least resistance for the key decision makers. That is the road the team will take.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: