IIIIIING----GAAAAAWWWDDD 35/10/9 telling Jae Rhinoface to kiss his ass!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:33 pm    Post subject: IIIIIING----GAAAAAWWWDDD 35/10/9 telling Jae Rhinoface to kiss his ass!

THE IIIIIIING----GAAAAWD STRIKES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

Superstar
Superstar
Superstar

That is my dude man i (bleep) love this guy. First he knocks the Clippers off and now we got to see Jae scrubby ass play like crap. THE GAWD!
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:35 pm    Post subject:

OK THEN BI!
RestEasyBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:41 pm    Post subject:

Happy for BI. Out of all the baby Lakers he was my favorite.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Crushed Crowder on both ends.

Even better dropped 37-11-9.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Suns changed up their defensive coverage from game 1, mainly due to the Pels hitting their 3pt shots this game. BI just took advantage of the spacing afforded to him. Kudos to him. They will make his life hell in game 3.

Shooters are valuable, mmmmkay?
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:13 pm    Post subject:

BI finally becoming Baby KD…..
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:55 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Suns changed up their defensive coverage from game 1, mainly due to the Pels hitting their 3pt shots this game. BI just took advantage of the spacing afforded to him. Kudos to him. They will make his life hell in game 3.

A bit of that but I mean BI was wrecking them in the first half of game 1 as well but just went cold in the second half.. They were swarming him at times in this game and throwing different players on him but when he's making that outside shot consistently like tonight and drilling pin point passes at the right time it doesn't really matter what defense Phoenix throws at him since he can raise over anyone on there team and take clean jump shots all night. He played like a legitimate superstar tonight especially how he put his team on his back late in the 4th over and over.

Can he do it for an entire series though? That's the big question mark as of now.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:00 pm    Post subject:

Wow, im impressed BI. Keep it up my man, hopefully youre in the next round!

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:07 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

A bit of that but I mean BI was wrecking them in the first half of game 1 as well but just went cold in the second half.. They were swarming him at times in this game and throwing different players on him but when he's making that outside shot consistently like tonight and drilling pin point passes at the right time it doesn't really matter what defense Phoenix throws at him since he can raise over anyone on there team and take clean jump shots all night. He played like a legitimate superstar tonight especially how he put his team on his back late in the 4th over and over.

Can he do it for an entire series though? That's the big question mark as of now.

Yeah. Suns were collapsing the defense on BI and daring everyone except CJ to shoot from the perimeter. Then the Pels started knocking down their shots and Monty had no choice but to change up the defensive coverage. Kudos to Nance Jr, Herb Jones, Jose Alvarado and Trey Murphy for keeping the Suns defense honest. That's three rookies who changed the outcome of the game against a historically good team. That's how BI was able to get a few isolations late game. He also initiated and found his teammates. Just a complete masterclass from BI on how to play winning basketball. I think they'll have no choice but to blitz him and get more physical with him next game, and BI will have to adjust. He's too smart not too.
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:14 am    Post subject:

RestEasyBlackMamba wrote:
Happy for BI. Out of all the baby Lakers he was my favorite.

He and Lonzo were my favorites, what a game by BI!
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:40 am    Post subject:

Jul 05, 2017

KingKobe20 wrote:
B.I working out with KD's old shooting coach!

Plus he got Gunnar Peterson to help him with his strength and explosiveness!

Up up and Away! Sky's the limit for this kid!

Yeah I know it's cheesy quoting myself but I just always knew this guy was gonna be great in this league.

https://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?p=7361100&highlight=#7361100

Digging up this Old Brandon Ingram thread brought back soo many memories. Soo many haters.

Even someone who shall remain nameless saying that he was gonna be the next Corey Brewer on steroids
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:00 am    Post subject:

Game 2 highlights
j-dawg
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:46 am    Post subject:

KingKobe20

Not gonna lie, since the time that I’ve been registered on LG from the Kobe/Shaq days, one of the things that stick out the most is how many people lost their credibility when it came to blatantly trashing Ingram. People were doing so in a way where there was no regaining back your credibility if Ingram were to become a successful NBA player. For anyone at the time that saw that that Ingram had the drive (what separates average and good, and what separates good and great, etc) and everything else (except for strength) to become a legit NBA player, it was sad to see people stick out their necks like that.

Ever since the early days of this forum, our fan base has always been a tribe of player fans. If you liked a certain player, you defended that player to the death and trashed anyone who was a threat (no matter if that was real or perceived). Sometimes in that process or arguing with other fans, you lose your cool and start making outrageous claims because of the amount of emotional investment that you’ve put in for your tribe. Not sure if those who trashed Ingram were merely doing so in the name of whatever tribe they belong to, but Ingram is certainly making them look bad right now.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:34 am    Post subject:

j-dawg wrote:
KingKobe20

Not gonna lie, since the time that I’ve been registered on LG from the Kobe/Shaq days, one of the things that stick out the most is how many people lost their credibility when it came to blatantly trashing Ingram. People were doing so in a way where there was no regaining back your credibility if Ingram were to become a successful NBA player. For anyone at the time that saw that that Ingram had the drive (what separates average and good, and what separates good and great, etc) and everything else (except for strength) to become a legit NBA player, it was sad to see people stick out their necks like that.

Ever since the early days of this forum, our fan base has always been a tribe of player fans. If you liked a certain player, you defended that player to the death and trashed anyone who was a threat (no matter if that was real or perceived). Sometimes in that process or arguing with other fans, you lose your cool and start making outrageous claims because of the amount of emotional investment that you’ve put in for your tribe. Not sure if those who trashed Ingram were merely doing so in the name of whatever tribe they belong to, but Ingram is certainly making them look bad right now.

Best was the analytic people saying eye test isn’t such a thing
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:48 am    Post subject:

j-dawg wrote:
KingKobe20

Yeah, I've distanced myself from denigrating players. r/NBA is probably the worst offender, especially when it came to Ingram, and LG was pretty tame in comparison. You know never when it comes to bite you back in the ass (Lebron proved me wrong over and over). It's much more fun rooting for a player without bringing others down or making comparisons. As they say, comparison is the thief of joy. AD was great. BI is great. Enjoy them both while they are still playing.

Last edited by KindCrippler2000 on Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:50 am    Post subject:

He has become much better than I thought he would be. I remember thinking it was ridiculous to suggest he could be better than Simmons, but he obviously is now.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:55 am    Post subject:

Let's go BI

Crush the Suns!!!!!
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:58 am    Post subject:

Love bi.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:03 am    Post subject:

Pelinka "Once Laker, always a Laker"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
j-dawg
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:02 am    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:

Best was the analytic people saying eye test isn’t such a thing

Let’s all gouge out our own eyes, as our eyes have been deceiving us all along. We’ve been fools for so long that all this time, we’ve really only needed just statistical equations and probability to get through in life
j-dawg
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:04 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:

Yeah, I've distanced myself from denigrating players. r/NBA is probably the worst offender, especially when it came to Ingram, and LG was pretty tame in comparison. You know never when it comes to bite you back in the ass (Lebron proved me wrong over and over). It's much more fun rooting for a player without bringing others down or making comparisons. As they say, comparison is the thief of joy. AD was great. BI is great. Enjoy them both while they are still playing.

Agreed. Kobe/Shaq was bad, but it wasn’t until the Jalil Okafor and D’Angelo Russell debacle that made me think about all of the deep rooted bitterness that came with having factions. To this day, there are people that still hate D’Angelo (even though Okafor is no longer relevant) just because they took a side and were to stubborn to admit that they were wrong because they’ve already invested so much into the whole debate back in the day. It’s all personal pride and ego at that point, and goes even beyond the players. Sad to see, actually.

Same thing happened with Brandon Ingram. There were people that perceived him as a threat to their favorite player on the team (whomever that may have been) and got carried away in the heat of the moment. No one will admit to it, but most people belong to player tribes here, and it’s always been that way. Everything that they say has an ulterior motive that serves their purpose as a tribe member of their selected player. Heck, these days we have Clipper fans claiming to be Laker fans, that’s a different tribe of its own.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:10 am    Post subject:

can we get him back? LOL!

too bad BI likes the small town NO vibe over the big lights of LA.

he is a southern kid after all...
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:24 am    Post subject:

Glad to see BI doing well and happy that the Pelicans got a good return for AD. Teams will be more willing to trade superstars to the Lakers in the future if they see both teams benefiting from these deals.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:29 am    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
Glad to see BI doing well and happy that the Pelicans got a good return for AD. Teams will be more willing to trade superstars to the Lakers in the future if they see both teams benefiting from these deals.

Assuming the Lakers even have young assets to trade anymore.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:59 am    Post subject:

j-dawg wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

Agreed. Kobe/Shaq was bad, but it wasn’t until the Jalil Okafor and D’Angelo Russell debacle that made me think about all of the deep rooted bitterness that came with having factions. To this day, there are people that still hate D’Angelo (even though Okafor is no longer relevant) just because they took a side and were to stubborn to admit that they were wrong because they’ve already invested so much into the whole debate back in the day. It’s all personal pride and ego at that point, and goes even beyond the players. Sad to see, actually.

Same thing happened with Brandon Ingram. There were people that perceived him as a threat to their favorite player on the team (whomever that may have been) and got carried away in the heat of the moment. No one will admit to it, but most people belong to player tribes here, and it’s always been that way. Everything that they say has an ulterior motive that serves their purpose as a tribe member of their selected player. Heck, these days we have Clipper fans claiming to be Laker fans, that’s a different tribe of its own.

Most of the people who were trashing BI, the ones who claimed he'd never average 20 points don't even post here anymore.

They'd point out how he never even scored 30 points in college and even though he was improving every season, they claimed he'd never be a starter on a good team, let alone an all star or someone scoring 37 points against the best team in the league during the playoffs.

We all get things wrong, so that's not a big deal, but the sheer arrogance to make these claims over and over, and then disappear after we got rid of him. Can't help but think some were just trying to lower his value by trashing him on social media over and over.

It'd be nice to see a few people... say yeah, I got that one wrong... but instead I see a lot more who keep saying giving up BI, Lonzo, Josh Hart, Garland, two first round picks, and pick swaps was worth it.

I can respect the opinion that people are happy about winning 17, but to double down insisting the price was right because we won a title just doesn't make sense.

Before LBJ tore his groin... LeBron and the kids went 18-9 after a rough start which is a 67% winning percentage. The title winning season we had a 73%. Then we had a 58% winning percentage. Then we had a 40% winning percentage.

Ingram and Ball have been hurt a lot... we couldn't afford to pay everyone... so I get that it's not clear cut what would happen... but it's not like there was a quantum difference in what LBJ produced with AD vs. the kids right before LBJ's groin injury.

Ingram and Lonzo were only 21 and 20 years old when they produced a 67% winning percentage. We would have kept Hart. We would have had Garland. We would have two first rounders we could have used to acquire other assets.

I just think if you look at the state of the team now... and compare it to what we might have with some of those assets... it would be better to have those assets.

And you can't just say... oh, well if AD was healthy... it was a no brainer... because Ball or Ingram haven't been healthy either. I'd argue that the combo of Lonzo's defense and Ingram's offense makes those two worth AD alone if all are healthy. So then Josh Hart, Garland, and two first rounders and two pick swaps become the overpay.

Even if you disagree with that... for sure AD isn't worth BI plus Lonzo plus Garland. Then we'd still at least have Josh Hart and two first round picks
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: