IIIIIING----GAAAAAWWWDDD 35/10/9 telling Jae Rhinoface to kiss his ass!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:08 am    Post subject:

j-dawg wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

Yeah, I've distanced myself from denigrating players. r/NBA is probably the worst offender, especially when it came to Ingram, and LG was pretty tame in comparison. You know never when it comes to bite you back in the ass (Lebron proved me wrong over and over). It's much more fun rooting for a player without bringing others down or making comparisons. As they say, comparison is the thief of joy. AD was great. BI is great. Enjoy them both while they are still playing.

Agreed. Kobe/Shaq was bad, but it wasn’t until the Jalil Okafor and D’Angelo Russell debacle that made me think about all of the deep rooted bitterness that came with having factions. To this day, there are people that still hate D’Angelo (even though Okafor is no longer relevant) just because they took a side and were to stubborn to admit that they were wrong because they’ve already invested so much into the whole debate back in the day. It’s all personal pride and ego at that point, and goes even beyond the players. Sad to see, actually.

Same thing happened with Brandon Ingram. There were people that perceived him as a threat to their favorite player on the team (whomever that may have been) and got carried away in the heat of the moment. No one will admit to it, but most people belong to player tribes here, and it’s always been that way. Everything that they say has an ulterior motive that serves their purpose as a tribe member of their selected player. Heck, these days we have Clipper fans claiming to be Laker fans, that’s a different tribe of its own.
This bolded part applies beyond sport, to politics and life too. Always about teams there too.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:13 am    Post subject:

there was a point which Ben Simmons was considered to be the superior player, and look at how time changes.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:45 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
there was a point which Ben Simmons was considered to be the superior player, and look at how time changes.

Simmons is definitely more accomplished (3x all-star, 2x defensive team selections, 1x All NBA third team), but he also had stability coming into the league. He was in the right situation with Embiid and Brett Brown.

I would say BI just needed stability and an off the radar organization that wasn't going to subject him to trade rumors every single month. 4 coaches in 4 seasons... that's a lot of habits to learn and unlearn. Luke saw the value of playing him at point forward, but he overlooked his efficiency in the post by doing so.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:29 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Simmons is definitely more accomplished (3x all-star, 2x defensive team selections, 1x All NBA third team), but he also had stability coming into the league. He was in the right situation with Embiid and Brett Brown.

I would say BI just needed stability and an off the radar organization that wasn't going to subject him to trade rumors every single month. 4 coaches in 4 seasons... that's a lot of habits to learn and unlearn. Luke saw the value of playing him at point forward, but he overlooked his efficiency in the post by doing so.

I dont think he deserved those all star selections, or the AllNBA 3rd team. The AllDefensive he did though. Hes better at defense and a better passer and ballhandler than BI, but far, far inferior at scoring

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
WC13
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:05 pm    Post subject:

BI stans up in here.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:37 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
there was a point which Anthony Davis was considered to be the superior player, and look at how time changes.

Fixed.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
krisobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:39 am    Post subject:

37 pts
11 reb
9 assists
1 block
1 steal

3/3 threes
8/8 FT's

13/21 FG = 62%

On the ROAD, playoff atmosphere, must win game.
36 win team vs a 64 win team.

Only 24 years old! 6'9" height, 7'3" wingspan.

Wish he would became a Laker again down the road. I honestly think BI at age 29 in FOUR years >> AD currently (29 years old)
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:45 am    Post subject:

I'm truly happy for BI.

But remember, AD was a 1st team All NBA selection (2015, 17, 18) before he was traded to the Lakers. So, it tells you how much value BI had, and of course if I'm the Pels, no deal without BI. If BI had no value, I don't think we get the AD trade and the 2020 ring.

But until BI gets a ring, to me I have to take the AD trade as a win. Pels have some interesting salary maneuvers this summer with Zion, and a whole bunch of players becoming expensive very soon. I don't think the Pels are a contending level team as currently constructed.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:42 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
there was a point which Anthony Davis was considered to be the superior player, and look at how time changes.

Fixed.

AD is just unfortunate this season, he was the superior player
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:06 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Fixed.

Who can't stay healthy. His track record on health sucks. He knows it, the whole league knows it.
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Brandon Ingram in his first playoffs showing is averaging 29.7ppg, 7.7rebs, 5apg on 52/63/95 shooting splits his advanced stats are even better. He’s a superstar!
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:21 pm    Post subject:

IIIIING GAAAAAAWD WITH ANOTHER SUPERSTAR PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Fixed.

Who can't stay healthy. His track record on health sucks. He knows it, the whole league knows it.

Let’s not pretend BI is Ironman or something. AD only had minor injuries prior to last season.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:27 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Fixed.

Let’s not pretend BI is Ironman or something. AD only had minor injuries prior to last season.

Yup. As much as I love BI, I'm gonna have to see him stay healthy and continue playing like this.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:35 am    Post subject:

(bleep) Jae Crowder
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 11:55 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
j-dawg wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

Yeah, I've distanced myself from denigrating players. r/NBA is probably the worst offender, especially when it came to Ingram, and LG was pretty tame in comparison. You know never when it comes to bite you back in the ass (Lebron proved me wrong over and over). It's much more fun rooting for a player without bringing others down or making comparisons. As they say, comparison is the thief of joy. AD was great. BI is great. Enjoy them both while they are still playing.

Agreed. Kobe/Shaq was bad, but it wasn’t until the Jalil Okafor and D’Angelo Russell debacle that made me think about all of the deep rooted bitterness that came with having factions. To this day, there are people that still hate D’Angelo (even though Okafor is no longer relevant) just because they took a side and were to stubborn to admit that they were wrong because they’ve already invested so much into the whole debate back in the day. It’s all personal pride and ego at that point, and goes even beyond the players. Sad to see, actually.

Same thing happened with Brandon Ingram. There were people that perceived him as a threat to their favorite player on the team (whomever that may have been) and got carried away in the heat of the moment. No one will admit to it, but most people belong to player tribes here, and it’s always been that way. Everything that they say has an ulterior motive that serves their purpose as a tribe member of their selected player. Heck, these days we have Clipper fans claiming to be Laker fans, that’s a different tribe of its own.

Most of the people who were trashing BI, the ones who claimed he'd never average 20 points don't even post here anymore.

They'd point out how he never even scored 30 points in college and even though he was improving every season, they claimed he'd never be a starter on a good team, let alone an all star or someone scoring 37 points against the best team in the league during the playoffs.

We all get things wrong, so that's not a big deal, but the sheer arrogance to make these claims over and over, and then disappear after we got rid of him. Can't help but think some were just trying to lower his value by trashing him on social media over and over.

It'd be nice to see a few people... say yeah, I got that one wrong... but instead I see a lot more who keep saying giving up BI, Lonzo, Josh Hart, Garland, two first round picks, and pick swaps was worth it.

I can respect the opinion that people are happy about winning 17, but to double down insisting the price was right because we won a title just doesn't make sense.

Before LBJ tore his groin... LeBron and the kids went 18-9 after a rough start which is a 67% winning percentage. The title winning season we had a 73%. Then we had a 58% winning percentage. Then we had a 40% winning percentage.

Ingram and Ball have been hurt a lot... we couldn't afford to pay everyone... so I get that it's not clear cut what would happen... but it's not like there was a quantum difference in what LBJ produced with AD vs. the kids right before LBJ's groin injury.

Ingram and Lonzo were only 21 and 20 years old when they produced a 67% winning percentage. We would have kept Hart. We would have had Garland. We would have two first rounders we could have used to acquire other assets.

I just think if you look at the state of the team now... and compare it to what we might have with some of those assets... it would be better to have those assets.

And you can't just say... oh, well if AD was healthy... it was a no brainer... because Ball or Ingram haven't been healthy either. I'd argue that the combo of Lonzo's defense and Ingram's offense makes those two worth AD alone if all are healthy. So then Josh Hart, Garland, and two first rounders and two pick swaps become the overpay.

Even if you disagree with that... for sure AD isn't worth BI plus Lonzo plus Garland. Then we'd still at least have Josh Hart and two first round picks

Maaaannn! I’m so torn up over this. I wish what you are saying wasn’t true, I wish it didn’t make sense so I can argue against it, but…it is, and it does.

I kept deluding myself by saying a real championship is worth more than a theoretical one any day, and even tho that too is true, the horrible seasons surrounding the championship vs the assets we would have had makes it looks as if the price of the championship with AD wasn’t worth it:
Ingram
Ball
Hart
3 FRPs (one of which could have been Garland)
Other draft considerations

And yes, we could have very well afforded them all if we can afford AD and Westbrook.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: