Which Westbrook Deal Would You Prefer?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Westbrook Trade Do You Prefer?
Brogdon and Hield
57%
 57%  [ 30 ]
Rozier and Hayward
26%
 26%  [ 14 ]
Neither, just waive him
15%
 15%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 52

Threatt_Level
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:20 pm    Post subject:

Rek wrote:
Much easier to worry about moving Brogdon or Hield later than finding ways to unload Westbrook now.

It's much easier to not have to worry about moving Westbrook next year than worrying about moving Brogdon or Hield next year if they don't pan out. Brogdon is signed through 2025 at an average of $22 million/year. If he continues to not be able to play more than 50 games in a season, moving him might be more difficult than moving Russ.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:09 pm    Post subject:

Scary Terry would be scary for the Lakers, in not a good way.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:39 pm    Post subject:

krisobe wrote:
MJST wrote:
Westbrook for Hield + Turner

Yep. Have Bron play POINT again like 2020 and be the Magic Johnson role in the last dance/season of the BRON/AD era.

PG: Bron
SG: Hield
SF: Reaves or Stanley
PF: AD
C: Turner

Bench: Nunn, Wenyen, Reaves or Stanley

Playoff team for me in 2022-2023 if ALL healthy.

LeBron shouldn't be playing full-time PG at age 37/38. His body may be starting to break down, and we need multiple ball-handlers, playmakers and scorers to preserve him during the regular season.

If we do the trade MJST mentioned, we should start Nunn at PG and find a backup PG who can push the pace and make plays for others in FA. I wonder if bringing back Augustin would accomplish that.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:24 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
krisobe wrote:
MJST wrote:
Westbrook for Hield + Turner

Yep. Have Bron play POINT again like 2020 and be the Magic Johnson role in the last dance/season of the BRON/AD era.

PG: Bron
SG: Hield
SF: Reaves or Stanley
PF: AD
C: Turner

Bench: Nunn, Wenyen, Reaves or Stanley

Playoff team for me in 2022-2023 if ALL healthy.

LeBron shouldn't be playing full-time PG at age 37/38. His body may be starting to break down, and we need multiple ball-handlers, playmakers and scorers to preserve him during the regular season.

If we do the trade MJST mentioned, we should start Nunn at PG and find a backup PG who can push the pace and make plays for others in FA. I wonder if bringing back Augustin would accomplish that.

Ofcourse he can. Coast on defense, let AD carry the scoring burden. Focus on getting the ball to the open man and initiate ball movement, instead of taking 23 shots a game

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:29 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:
I understand you like Rozier, but would you take Hayward as well? Or would you forward him to Indy for Brogdon/Hield?

Yeah I'm not sure about that. If you could get Oubre and filler instead that would be ideal. But if the only offer on the table was Rozier and Heyward I'd take it. I think Hayward still has a bit left in him, but his injuries are an issue. He'd be a better fit with Lebron and AD though than Westbrook and only has two years left on his deal. So I'd take it, but it wouldn't be my first choice.

Same thing with Brogdon and Hield. It isn't ideal. Brogdon is a better player than Hayward at this stage of his career and is younger. His injuries have been pretty bad though. He's played 7 games fewer than Heyward over the past 4 seasons and his contract runs a year longer. When he plays though Brogdon would be a nice addition. I'm not a huge fan of Hield though. I feel like he's extremely overrated on these forums. He can stretch the floor, but he hasn't hit 40% three point shooting in the past three years and that is the only thing he excels at.

Of those two trades though I'd probably lean towards Brogdon and Hield. But if you could use a combination that doesn't include Heyward I think Rozier is the best overall fit in that group. But Heyward is also the worst contract.

I agree about Brogdon, if he was healthy hed be a great addition and fit. I think he and Hayward both would fit well, wouldnt mind if we had both tbh. Ofcourse the injuries are a concern, so it can alter your whole season. But if fit, i like that team in a series against anyone. Rozier i like a lot as a player since his Boston days, but that contract length just repels me. I dont like any salary that goes beyond ADs current deal. But if necessary, id take him. He can contribute right now and can be dealt later i think

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:54 pm    Post subject:

My vote's on Hayward and Rozier for a couple of reasons.

1.) Hayward and Brogdon are both injury prone but Brogdon's contract is a year longer than Hayward's.

2.) Wings are hard to come by. Hayward is a starter level wing. If we miss out on Batum or Otto Porter, we'd be left with scraps at the wing position once again. No, we're not getting Roco with the tax MLE.

3.) Hayward + Rozier would potentially give us a superior starting lineup than Brogdon + Hield

AD
Bron
Hayward
Rozier
Nunn or Delon Wright

Vs

AD
Bron
Reaves or Stanley
Hield
Brogdon

While I love me some Austin Reaves and Stanley Johnson, both are poor 3pt shooters. Brogdon has been up and down the past few years in Indiana from 3. Nunn, Wright, Hayward and Rozier are all consistent 36-40% 3pt shooters these past few seasons.

I've been wanting Delon Wright on the lakers for the past 2 years. He's as close to a Caruso replacement as we can get. Pesky, elite defender who can penetrate, handle the ball a little bit and a decent shooter from 3. And we can probably get him for cheap since his numbers took a dive playing behind Trae Young.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:23 am    Post subject:

In theory, if you get Rozier, you can then pair him with Nunn and you don't have to spend your MMLE on Monk anymore and look for some better big wings and/or big men.

I love Brogdon. Really good player, but I'm really concerned about his injury history, and he's hitting his 30s and has a few more years on his deal. I also think the Pacer deal will cost more.

I'm hoping MJ wants to save his MJ-brand player in Westbrook. I have a hard time seeing Indy/Lakers do a deal. Still some bad blood over that PG13 situation.
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:19 am    Post subject:

I hope the lakers get a decent starting center...would not like to see AD play heavy minutes at the 5 in the season....maybe it's just me, but even just getting rid of WB is going to make this team better...as a player on this squad it just impacted so much, where we played folks, how many minutes people got etc...I think it will still hard to pull off a chip, because I DO think we another "impact" player...but we may strike chemistry gold, if so we'd have a shot
Threatt_Level
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:45 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
In theory, if you get Rozier, you can then pair him with Nunn and you don't have to spend your MMLE on Monk anymore and look for some better big wings and/or big men.

You can't pair Rozier and Nunn. We'd be way too undersized in the back court. It would be the same problem we've had this season. Rozier works in Charlotte, because LaMelo is 6'7".
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:23 am    Post subject:

Threatt_Level wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

You can't pair Rozier and Nunn. We'd be way too undersized in the back court. It would be the same problem we've had this season. Rozier works in Charlotte, because LaMelo is 6'7".

I'm not saying that. I'm saying your "PG off of LBJ" will be Rozier/Nunn. Monk would be nice but wouldn't work for the reason you stated (size and defense) with Rozier/Nunn.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:26 am    Post subject:

I have feeling they'd give THT dibs as the starting SG in that situation which wouldn't be the worst idea consider all that shooting he'd have around him. I just hope they'd invest the MLE in a solid wing in anticipation of injuries.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:35 am    Post subject:

Either of these deals seem way too good to be true TBH... I mean I get all of these guys are on long/expensive deals and Hayward/Brogdon have extensive injury histories.. But look at the alternatives:
1. Wall for Westbrook + 2027 1st
2. Buyout, in which case we're still capped out with only cap exceptions to improve the team.

We have no shot at getting players the caliber of Hayward/Brogdon/Hield/Rozier any other way, so I really don't see the argument against it unless you want to just start tanking now...
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:24 pm    Post subject:

Are you sure that 32 years old and injury prone with 60+ million still guaranteed is necessarily worse than Westbrook?
acer77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:54 am    Post subject:

I still think Westbrook for Lillard is a possibility. Funny how Westbrook's value has skyrocketed.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: