Need some info about Kobe from 2002 season...

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jocinetu
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:20 am    Post subject: Need some info about Kobe from 2002 season...

I'm doing "Kobe Saga" on my YT channel, so I need some interesting facts about Kobe from our threepeat season 2002. Does anyone knows in which game he cut his famous afro, I need the precise date of his first game without 'Fro. If anyone can help me with links or any other way, I would be thankful.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:25 am    Post subject:

If anyone has the recorded footage in the wild it's NPZ.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:45 am    Post subject:

You can check out his sportscentury episode for some good tidbits:

Also the muse documentary has some interesting info.
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:32 am    Post subject:

Im pretty sure it was right before their first playoff game.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:38 am    Post subject:

Quick playlist.

WQF G1 G2 G3
WSF G1 G2 G3 G4 G5
WCF G1 G2 G3 G4 G5 G6 G7
Finals G1 G2 G3 G4
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:23 am    Post subject:

RashardA wrote:

This. The first time his cut afro was televised was during the pre-game shoot-around just before Game 1 vs the Blazers in Round 1.

I remember vividly because the announcers made a big deal out of it and me and my friends (most of which were huge Kobe haters) were all in shock.

But I remember getting this "epic" feeling around it like this was Kobe's way of showing he had matured and was transcending to yet another level as a player, and that he was ready and all-business for the threepeat.
Jocinetu
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:11 am    Post subject:

RashardA wrote:
Thanks. I thought that too, but here in Serbia we didn't have all games to watch back then in 2002. I saw him with a new hairstyle just before game 1 vs Blazers too.
acer77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:20 pm    Post subject:

I don't know how helpful this is but there's actually an article on Kobe's hair over his career.

https://clutchpoints.com/evolution-kobe-bryant-hair-over-course-nba-career/

And don't forget about the 30 pt second half comeback vs. Mavs where Kobe dropped 21 in the 4th and hit the game winning shot. I remember this cause I had a huge bet on Lakers -1.5.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:31 pm    Post subject:

acer77 wrote:
I don't know how helpful this is but there's actually an article on Kobe's hair over his career.

And don't forget about the 30 pt second half comeback vs. Mavs where Kobe dropped 21 in the 4th and hit the game winning shot. I remember this cause I had a huge bet on Lakers -1.5.

Yeah Van Exel was on that Mavs team. They were shell shocked after the game.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:21 pm    Post subject:

(bleep) love Kobe threads.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:29 pm    Post subject:

Hated losing Frobe. That was his look. Like Magic with the Goatee.
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:36 pm    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
Hated losing Frobe. That was his look. Like Magic with the Goatee.

Receding hairline remains undefeated. If he would've kept it eventually he would've started looking more Sherman Hemsley/THT than Frobe.
bryants2hot2handle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:13 pm    Post subject:

(bleep) heart of a champion. KB24 all day
E_Wulf420
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:48 pm    Post subject:

acer77 wrote:

Dirks mavs vs Kobes lakers was always a must watch game. Good thing we only saw them once in the playoffs during kobes championship runs.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:55 pm    Post subject:

E_Wulf420 wrote:
acer77 wrote:

Dirks mavs vs Kobes lakers was always a must watch game. Good thing we only saw them once in the playoffs during kobes championship runs.

They are lucky they ran into him when he was on one knee . . . a healthy Kobe would annihilate any Mavs team
Jocinetu
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:12 am    Post subject:

Here are links to 6 episodes of Kobe saga (6 first years), but it's in Serbian language, so only for Balkan people:

This is HOT!!!
E_Wulf420
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:22 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
E_Wulf420 wrote:
acer77 wrote:

They are lucky they ran into him when he was on one knee . . . a healthy Kobe would annihilate any Mavs team
I don't think a healthy Kobe gets passed the mavs, not the way the Lakers were shooting that series. He started off the series good but he had no help those first 2 games. if they trade Bynum and Odom for Anthony at the end of the 2010 season to match miamis big 3 theirs a good chance they 3peat.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:24 pm    Post subject:

E_Wulf420 wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
E_Wulf420 wrote:
acer77 wrote:

I don't think a healthy Kobe gets passed the mavs, not the way the Lakers were shooting that series. He started off the series good but he had no help those first 2 games. if they trade Bynum and Odom for Anthony at the end of the 2010 season to match miamis big 3 theirs a good chance they 3peat.

If I remember correctly the trade for Bynum would've included JUST Bynum and filler. Nuggets weren't interested in Odom, so we would've gotten to keep him as well.

Imagine the lineups with Kobe, Melo, Pau, Odom, Artest, Fisher to choose from.

I remember reports of Kobe and Phil being absolutely pissed that Jim Buss didn't pull the trigger on the trade because he was partial to Bynum.
E_Wulf420
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:54 pm    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
E_Wulf420 wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
E_Wulf420 wrote:
acer77 wrote:

If I remember correctly the trade for Bynum would've included JUST Bynum and filler. Nuggets weren't interested in Odom, so we would've gotten to keep him as well.

Imagine the lineups with Kobe, Melo, Pau, Odom, Artest, Fisher to choose from.

I remember reports of Kobe and Phil being absolutely pissed that Jim Buss didn't pull the trigger on the trade because he was partial to Bynum.
it's too bad Mitch didn't pull that trigger. But I don't blame him, you don't break up a core after 3 finals appearances. It's a shame the CP3 trade was vetoed the following off season.

CP3
Kobe
Melo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:02 pm    Post subject:

Hyatt Burger playoffs. He caught a gut bug from a room service burger in Sacramento and still crapped on the Kings, looking 10-15lbs lighter.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
E_Wulf420 wrote:
acer77 wrote:

Something that NEVER gets brought up. One knee Kobe for the 3peat. Really sucked. Oh also Shannon smashing Pau’s gf or wife or whatever. I don’t remember the details..obviously it was denied but Pau really shrunk that year and it’s my one negative memory about Pau. Again, major reason we didn’t 3peat. I know Dallas ran us out the building games 2-4 but we should’ve won game 1. There was so much talk from Kobe haters about how Pau was the MVP of the title teams..yet when we needed him most to be the MVP because Bean was on one knee he was butt-hurt and got absolutely crushed by Dirk. I think winning that series made Dirk’s career..from a mental aspect he just swept the GOAT in his eyes..I knew they were winning it all that year once they got by us.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: