Head Coach Mr. DARVIN HAM Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 275, 276, 277  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:33 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
Didn't see this coming but I like it. New generation of coaches is something Lakers need. Going back to the past is not leading to anything.
And most importantly don't try to please anyone. Hire the coach that will build new identity and culture. I don't care who Lebron wants and neither should Lakers FO.

I don’t disagree but we don’t have a new generation roster. And it does matter who Lebron wants, as we have seen.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:00 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:
Didn't see this coming but I like it. New generation of coaches is something Lakers need. Going back to the past is not leading to anything.
And most importantly don't try to please anyone. Hire the coach that will build new identity and culture. I don't care who Lebron wants and neither should Lakers FO.

I don’t disagree but we don’t have a new generation roster. And it does matter who Lebron wants, as we have seen.

Lebron will be gone soon. Lakers and us fans will still be here. I will still be here. You will still be here. I care about the Lakers like you do or other fans. Lakers FO need to look and find what is good for them as organization and for us fans. We will be here 10 years from now, Lebron will not.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:09 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:

Yeah the coaching hires are different today, and it's nice seeing the Lakers adapt to the times. It's less about xs and os and more about player repertoire. Players in the modern era need mentors just as much as they need coaching. Guys like Lue and Willie have been nothing short of transformational for their teams. It really goes beyond the court.
easybreeze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Who ever gets this coaching position, I wish him the best, because coaching this team with an aging GOAT and this FO has to be the most difficult coaching job in the NBA.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:37 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:

Yeah the coaching hires are different today, and it's nice seeing the Lakers adapt to the times. It's less about xs and os and more about player repertoire. Players in the modern era need mentors just as much as they need coaching. Guys like Lue and Willie have been nothing short of transformational for their teams. It really goes beyond the court.

Let’s not act crazy. We know we could all wake up to the news Mike dunleavy is hired.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:

Let’s not act crazy. We know we could all wake up to the news Mike dunleavy is hired.

Haha. I wouldn't rule out Phil Jackson either.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:37 pm    Post subject:

I like that they are going outside the box. I haven't done my research on him to even know if he is good or not, but I like that they are broadening their search. I hope they don't retread, unless it is a really good retread. I want a coach for the future of the franchise, not just for Lebron.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:45 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:

Haha. I wouldn't rule out Phil Jackson either.

Phil Jackson is almost 77 so don’t think so.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:23 pm    Post subject:

easybreeze wrote:
Who ever gets this coaching position, I wish him the best, because coaching this team with an aging GOAT and this FO has to be the most difficult coaching job in the NBA.

The latter is why i would think the appeal of the job would be extremely limited for a guy like Ham, who would probably prefer a situation with expectations slightly lower than "must immediately compete for a title" and a front office that could actually build that type of team, instead of one that will immediately crater when one (and likely both) of their stars misses extended time.

Lakers will be Ham's leverage for more money from a better situation.

Our real market is going to be strictly "guys with no other teams calling them."
King Kleazy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:58 pm    Post subject:

Bruh what’s this I’m reading about them bringing in two coaches at a time or something instead of hosting a number of folks and trimming down the candidates like normal hiring, these people are so clueless i swear.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:28 pm    Post subject:

who are we rooting for to get the kings job and won't be available for the lakers, mike brown or mark jackson?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:43 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Scouting Report: What should Lakers fans expect from Darvin Ham or Terry Stotts?
Quote:
Let’s take a look at two of the more under-the-radar rumored coaching candidates for the Lakers: Darvin Ham and Terry Stotts.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2022/4/19/23031398/lakers-rumors-coaching-search-darvin-ham-terry-stotts-anal

Terry Stotts? What are they sending Westbrook to Portland for Lillard whom might be done at the top level too?

lakersfan32 wrote:
who are we rooting for to get the kings job and won't be available for the lakers, mike brown or mark jackson?

Mark Jackson for the Kings job.

Would gladly take Mike Brown again, because he'd at least put together a solid coaching staff.

When you think about it he had Ettore Messina and Quin Snyder as assistants and offensive assistants. As defensive assistant he had Steve Clifford.

We couldn't have asked for a better coaching staff, in retrospect.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
According to a league source, the Sacramento Kings narrowed their list of potential head coaching candidates from seven to three Saturday afternoon. General manger Monte McNair will press forward with a list that includes Mark Jackson, Steve Clifford and Mike Brown, and the remaining four candidates have been informed that they are no longer in the running.

Not making the final cut was veteran Mike D’Antoni, as well three up and coming assistant coaches in Milwaukee’s Darvin Ham and Charles Lee, and Boston’s Will Hardy.

socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:12 pm    Post subject:

Beats another Byron or Mike brown
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:51 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Would gladly take Mike Brown again, because he'd at least put together a solid coaching staff.

When you think about it he had Ettore Messina and Quin Snyder as assistants and offensive assistants. As defensive assistant he had Steve Clifford.

Mike Brown's "offense" is badly suited for today's NBA, and we don't have the personnel to play slowdown basketball anyway.
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 12:46 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
MJST wrote:

Mike Brown's "offense" is badly suited for today's NBA, and we don't have the personnel to play slowdown basketball anyway.

If Mike Brown coaches again, maybe he'll now use the Warriors offense.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 1:38 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
MJST wrote:

Mike Brown's "offense" was the Spurs two-towers offense, he was running with Gasol and Bynum, similar to what Popovich ran with Duncan and Robinson. As Mike Brown is a student of Popo that's not surprising. In all honesty if he'd stuck with that offense, instead of going with the Princeton for the sake of Kobe and Gasol wanting to return to a similarly 'triangle' based offense. Which the NBA was outgrowing. Then again he was only(and unfairly) given 5 games to implement that into anything.

The offense he'd be most familiar with now would likely be the Warriors one, and he'd still be versed in Popovich's offense.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 1:51 am    Post subject:

^ If Mike Brown became our coach and implemented the Warriors' offense, that would be fine. That's the kind of offense we need.

We just shouldn't be slowing down the pace as long as we have LeBron + AD, plus that Spurs two-towers offense won't work with our personnel.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 5:33 am    Post subject:

Lakers need a leader. Rob was right about getting someone who can command respect in the locker room. All the great coaches had that ability: Riles, Jackson, Pop. The leaders have coaches that take care of the schemes: Tex with the trangle, Bertka with player development and the “zone” defense.
From all i hear about Ham, he has that trait. If he is smart enough to get the right coaches around him, he many be the best pick.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 7:10 am    Post subject:

Sacre Bleu!
*Former Lakers big man gives his coaching preference

https://sports.yahoo.com/former-lakers-big-man-gives-002637809.html
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 9:14 am    Post subject:

Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
slavavov wrote:
MJST wrote:

Now we’d just need the Warriors roster and we’d be golden.
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 9:21 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
slavavov wrote:
MJST wrote:

Now we’d just need the Warriors roster and we’d be golden.

All you need to run the warriors offense is the two greatest motion shooters of all time.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 10:09 am    Post subject:

IF he becomes the coach I hope like he_l that he can find some way to bring along with him either Graysen Allen or Portis. These are the kind of athletic two-way players we need.

Just sayin'
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 10:24 am    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
lakurluv wrote:
This is just wrong...

What’s your beef with Ham? Don’t be a chicken and duck the question… Very fishy post.

Ham’s no turkey, he’s got huevos.

I don't mean to spam but I do feel that he'll bring home the bacon.

Lettuce hope you’re right!

We're in a jam, Ham needs to get us out of the pickle we're in in or we'll be toast yet again next year!

Ham is a bit raw. But if he can help us avoid getting diced and smoked game in and game out then we may be cured.
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 6:55 pm    Post subject:

I think he’s a great candidate as I never saw Nurse as an option. I’m down to him or Snyder.

My main thing is coaching won’t matter if they’re getting undermined by Kurt.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 2 of 277
Jump to: