Now Maybe Devin Booker understands what AD was saying
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: Now Maybe Devin Booker understands what AD was saying

Halflife wrote:
Scherm wrote:
I love Devin Booker -- Kobe did too -- but he got offended when AD implied that his injury last year was a turning point and the Suns know they got away with one.

Now Booker is hurt and a series that the Suns had under control suddenly looks iffy.

Get it now? It's not sour grapes -- just reality.

Whats the reality now?

They struggled to beat a #9 seed.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: Now Maybe Devin Booker understands what AD was saying

venturalakersfan wrote:
Scherm wrote:
I love Devin Booker -- Kobe did too -- but he got offended when AD implied that his injury last year was a turning point and the Suns know they got away with one.

Now Booker is hurt and a series that the Suns had under control suddenly looks iffy.

And when the Suns win the series it won’t matter.

It didn’t matter. Typical gotta have a hot take no matter how wrong it is.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: Now Maybe Devin Booker understands what AD was saying

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Scherm wrote:

Whats the reality now?

In other words they won.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: Now Maybe Devin Booker understands what AD was saying

venturalakersfan wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Scherm wrote:

Whats the reality now?

In other words they won.

And Booker returned to the court. Their record without him was 1-2.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: Now Maybe Devin Booker understands what AD was saying

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Scherm wrote:

Whats the reality now?

In other words they won.

Their record without him was 2-1.

Booker played in one of the pelican’s wins
Luis5150
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Now Maybe Devin Booker understands what AD was saying

dabask11 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Scherm wrote:

Whats the reality now?

In other words they won.

As good a player (one way player.... his defense still suspect to me) D Booker is, Chris Paul is the sole reason the Suns, their stupid fans and unlistenable media are enjoying their 15-minutes of relevancy. Gawd!! looking forward for it to end already...
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Now Maybe Devin Booker understands what AD was saying

dabask11 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Scherm wrote:

Whats the reality now?

In other words they won.

You’re right. I was thinking of the game where Booker left early with the injury as the second loss. I don’t think this series is a good comparison to the Lakers losing to the #2 seed Suns last year after AD went down. The Pelicans should not have even been in the tournament and had a record of 10 games below .500.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Now Maybe Devin Booker understands what AD was saying

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Scherm wrote:

Whats the reality now?

In other words they won.

You’re right. I was thinking of the game where Booker left early with the injury as the second loss. I don’t think this series is a good comparison to the Lakers losing to the #2 seed Suns last year after AD went down. The Pelicans should not have even been in the tournament and had a record of 10 games below .500.

The #4 seed clippers were able to win against the #1 seed jazz last year despite losing kawhi when the series was 2-2.

The #3 seed bucks were able to win against the #5 seed hawks last year despite losing giannis when the series was 2-2

The lakers losing last year showed they were closer to this years pelican’s than the top teams of either year.

It’s just AD making excuses: the lakers were a 7th seed play-in team for a reason. They were first round fodder regardless of AD getting injured or not in the playoffs that year.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:08 pm    Post subject:

Played through a sore wrist
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cc0cx1qFr7n/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Now Maybe Devin Booker understands what AD was saying

venturalakersfan wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Scherm wrote:

Whats the reality now?

In other words they won.

Right? Didn’t our 08-10 teams have random 7 game first round series vs bottom seeds? Houston I remember for sure.

Also the Celtics won in 08 and also went 7 in the first round. Doesn’t matter
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Now Maybe Devin Booker understands what AD was saying

Luis5150 wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Scherm wrote:

Whats the reality now?

In other words they won.

As good a player (one way player.... his defense still suspect to me) D Booker is, Chris Paul is the sole reason the Suns, their stupid fans and unlistenable media are enjoying their 15-minutes of relevancy. Gawd!! looking forward for it to end already...

Sole reason? Book is amazing first off. Secondly Monty is an amazing coach. Bridges is an absolute beast and one of the best wing defenders in the NBA. Their schemes are excellent on both sides of the ball. Cam Johnson, Crowder, Ayton are playing their role to a T. Anything else I’m missing? This is a complete team, not just cp3 doing great things. Cp3 has been even better before..it was on those Clipper teams that went nowhere.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Now Maybe Devin Booker understands what AD was saying

Snipes wrote:
Luis5150 wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Scherm wrote:

Whats the reality now?

In other words they won.

Sole reason? Book is amazing first off. Secondly Monty is an amazing coach. Bridges is an absolute beast and one of the best wing defenders in the NBA. Their schemes are excellent on both sides of the ball. Cam Johnson, Crowder, Ayton are playing their role to a T. Anything else I’m missing? This is a complete team, not just cp3 doing great things. Cp3 has been even better before..it was on those Clipper teams that went nowhere.

They were elite without cp3 this year
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Now Maybe Devin Booker understands what AD was saying

dabask11 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Scherm wrote:

Whats the reality now?

In other words they won.

The #4 seed clippers were able to win against the #1 seed jazz last year despite losing kawhi when the series was 2-2.

The #3 seed bucks were able to win against the #5 seed hawks last year despite losing giannis when the series was 2-2

The lakers losing last year showed they were closer to this years pelican’s than the top teams of either year.

It’s just AD making excuses: the lakers were a 7th seed play-in team for a reason. They were first round fodder regardless of AD getting injured or not in the playoffs that year.
up 2-1 it’s hard to think that 1st round fodder was the best they could’ve been. And with the other teams you listed, they were all legit playoff teams. The Pelicans this year were unprecedentedly bad, being the 9th seed and making the playoffs. I don’t see how an injury to AD doesn’t change the expected outcome of a series.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Now Maybe Devin Booker understands what AD was saying

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Scherm wrote:

Whats the reality now?

In other words they won.

up 2-1 it’s hard to think that 1st round fodder was the best they could’ve been. And with the other teams you listed, they were all legit playoff teams. The Pelicans this year were unprecedentedly bad, being the 9th seed and making the playoffs. I don’t see how an injury to AD doesn’t change the expected outcome of a series.

Being up 2-1 is meaningless: too many playoff teams throughout nba history have blown a 2-1 lead.

That's the point with mentioning those teams: the lakers weren't a legit playoff team that year.

The lakers were first round fodder the moment they clinched the 7th seed: only 5 times in nba history since the playoffs expanded to 16 teams in 1984 did the 7th seed ever advance in the first round.

Being a 7th seed team means AD's injury in that series doesn't change much: the lakers were not a legit playoff team simply because of that seed. This was evident when they got destroyed in the 2 games following AD's injury.

Again, AD saying they could have won the series if he didn't get injured is just an excuse. It's likely the lakers still blow a 2-1 lead even if AD played the remaining games. History tells us that's the likely outcome for non-legit playoff teams like the lakers that year.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: Now Maybe Devin Booker understands what AD was saying

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Scherm wrote:

Whats the reality now?

In other words they won.

The outcome was as expected. The Suns were the best in the West last season.
Luis5150
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: Now Maybe Devin Booker understands what AD was saying

Snipes wrote:
Luis5150 wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Scherm wrote:

Whats the reality now?

In other words they won.

Yes... sole reason! take CP3 out of that team. You really think they get a high seed during the regular season and are poised for a deep playoff run... NOPE!! You don't understand how crucial CP3 is for that team. And as far as CP3 being "better" when he was with the Clippers, that's debatable, he hasn't shown signs of age catching up to him at all. I think with CP3 being older, wiser player than he was 10 years ago makes it even more obvious => Without CP3 the Suns are not in this position.

Let me ask you this... Do you think the Suns without CP3 would get past the Pelicans in that 1st round we just witnessed? the answer is no
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: Now Maybe Devin Booker understands what AD was saying

Luis5150 wrote:
Snipes wrote:
Luis5150 wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Scherm wrote:

Whats the reality now?

In other words they won.

Yes... sole reason! take CP3 out of that team. You really think they get a high seed during the regular season and are poised for a deep playoff run... NOPE!! You don't understand how crucial CP3 is for that team. And as far as CP3 being "better" when he was with the Clippers, that's debatable, he hasn't shown signs of age catching up to him at all. I think with CP3 being older, wiser player than he was 10 years ago makes it even more obvious => Without CP3 the Suns are not in this position.

Let me ask you this... Do you think the Suns without CP3 would get past the Pelicans in that 1st round we just witnessed? the answer is no

Yeah, as good as Booker is he is most def. nowhere near as important as CP3.. CP3 pretty much raises the entire team with pin point passes for easy baskets and consistent elite shooting with solid defense.. When Booker is hot he's as dangerous as anyone but when he's not he can disappear for stretches which rarely ever happens with CP3. Also, CP3 has a ton of injuries in past Playoffs which is why you constantly heard the announcers bringing up how the fanbase holds there breath anytime he hits the floor ala our very own AD.. I'm not a fan of either guy but if I can only pick one of them it's CP3 by a mile.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 5:18 am    Post subject:

1) Devin Booker is not even close to the same level important fot his team on defense as AD is. When AD left, our defense slips at least 1 big level, and that is big in the playoffs.

2) The Pelicans are a solid team with vets like CJ/Valanciunas, and a young star in Ingram, but they are far from a championship contender. We may have been able to beat them too with HCA and Lebron/Kuzma/Dennis/KCP/Caruso/Trez/Gasol/Drummond level team being coached by Vogel/Kidd.

3) We were up 2-1 with AD healthy, he gets hurt in game 4. We maybe win or lose that game, and the series. We don't know. I won't say we would have definitely won, but for sure I will say what actually happened was not going to. After AD's injury the series was not close anymore and Lebron went into vacation mode in game 6.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 6:19 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
3) We were up 2-1 with AD healthy, he gets hurt in game 4. We maybe win or lose that game, and the series. We don't know. I won't say we would have definitely won, but for sure I will say what actually happened was not going to. After AD's injury the series was not close anymore and Lebron went into vacation mode in game 6.

As I said earlier, we don’t know for sure what would have happened if AD didn’t get injured but we know the odds were extremely against us for winning the series.

Only 5 times since 1984, which expanded the nba playoffs to 16 teams, has the #7 seed moved on by beating the #2 seed.

Only once has the #7 seed moved on by beating the #2 seed since the first round expanded to 7 games.

That why AD talking about that series is just an excuse. Chances are greater the suns win game 4 and the series because nba history hasn’t been kind to those on our side that year regardless of health.

To better put it in perspective, there are more teams in nba history coming back from 3-1 deficits and winning than 7 seeds winning over 2 seeds.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 7:13 am    Post subject: Re: Now Maybe Devin Booker understands what AD was saying

dabask11 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Scherm wrote:

Whats the reality now?

In other words they won.

1st roumd fodder that would habe beaten the NBA finalist if healthy. Yeah

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: Now Maybe Devin Booker understands what AD was saying

dabask11 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Scherm wrote:

Whats the reality now?

In other words they won.

Being up 2-1 is meaningless: too many playoff teams throughout nba history have blown a 2-1 lead.

That's the point with mentioning those teams: the lakers weren't a legit playoff team that year.

The lakers were first round fodder the moment they clinched the 7th seed: only 5 times in nba history since the playoffs expanded to 16 teams in 1984 did the 7th seed ever advance in the first round.

Being a 7th seed team means AD's injury in that series doesn't change much: the lakers were not a legit playoff team simply because of that seed. This was evident when they got destroyed in the 2 games following AD's injury.

Again, AD saying they could have won the series if he didn't get injured is just an excuse. It's likely the lakers still blow a 2-1 lead even if AD played the remaining games. History tells us that's the likely outcome for non-legit playoff teams like the lakers that year.

It literally changed the whole series

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 7:37 am    Post subject:

dabask11 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

As I said earlier, we don’t know for sure what would have happened if AD didn’t get injured but we know the odds were extremely against us for winning the series.

Only 5 times since 1984, which expanded the nba playoffs to 16 teams, has the #7 seed moved on by beating the #2 seed.

Only once has the #7 seed moved on by beating the #2 seed since the first round expanded to 7 games.

That why AD talking about that series is just an excuse. Chances are greater the suns win game 4 and the series because nba history hasn’t been kind to those on our side that year regardless of health.

To better put it in perspective, there are more teams in nba history coming back from 3-1 deficits and winning than 7 seeds winning over 2 seeds.

Now check to see how many of these #7 (or lower) teams entered the playoffs with mostly the same roster that played the whole season vs Top 2 players coming back from injuries. Then repeat the statistical analysis after adjusting for this "confounding variable".
In other words what made them #7 teams in the first place, a non-winning roster, or injuries?
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: Now Maybe Devin Booker understands what AD was saying

GOODRICH25 wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Scherm wrote:

Whats the reality now?

In other words they won.

1st roumd fodder that would habe beaten the NBA finalist if healthy. Yeah

But they didn’t win and sure played like fodder the last 2 games.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: Now Maybe Devin Booker understands what AD was saying

GOODRICH25 wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Scherm wrote:

Whats the reality now?

In other words they won.

It literally changed the whole series

Lakers aren’t 2-1 if cp3 didn’t injure his shoulder.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 9:17 am    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Now check to see how many of these #7 (or lower) teams entered the playoffs with mostly the same roster that played the whole season vs Top 2 players coming back from injuries. Then repeat the statistical analysis after adjusting for this "confounding variable".
In other words what made them #7 teams in the first place, a non-winning roster, or injuries?

But it doesn’t matter the cause because at the end of the day their play reflected that of a 7th seed by the time they faced the suns. That’s why they completely collapsed once AD went down.

If they were a true playoff team better than their record indicates, then they at least go down fighting and not get blown out in the last 2 games.

It’s one thing if AD said injuries as whole derailed the year in preventing the team from reaching their potential. However, the problem is he specifically mentioned the groin injury he suffered in game 4 as the reason they lost and “that both teams know it.”

I don’t buy it. The Lakers lost the series well before AD’s groin injury. The other injuries to AD, LBJ and even players like KCP derailed the team’s play/chemistry to where it degraded them to a non-legit play-in team by the time of the playoffs.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: