The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1803, 1804, 1805 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 5:54 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Lebron's main negotiating ploy is the 1 year extension. If the draft picks aren't traded along with Westbrook, the extension may not be signed. If he sees the WB deal includes the FRP (which means the Lakers went all out to get the best possible yield for him) he will probably have to in return commit to the 2 year window that's left.

This scarily reminds me of when we gave Kobe the 2 year deal. I know things were different as Kobe had already suffered the injury that changed the course of his career, and his body was breaking down, but we've seen signs of Lebron's body begin to crack. He's missed 3 out of 4 seasons in LA significant time and the iron man stuff is out.

If I'm the Lakers I don't do anything significant here if I don't want to trade AD/Bron. I let things play out, and don't move any longterm assets. Lebron is good for 50 healthy games a year, AD is good for 40. They are levels removed from the physical peak that Giannis is in. We need to adjust, and either move them or just let it play out with Lebron's contract.

You’re overthinking it. Bron is only about KAJ. He’s not going anywhere. The extension imho is more in the Lakers hands than his. If he walks he will make mle.
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 6:03 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Lebron's main negotiating ploy is the 1 year extension. If the draft picks aren't traded along with Westbrook, the extension may not be signed. If he sees the WB deal includes the FRP (which means the Lakers went all out to get the best possible yield for him) he will probably have to in return commit to the 2 year window that's left.

This scarily reminds me of when we gave Kobe the 2 year deal. I know things were different as Kobe had already suffered the injury that changed the course of his career, and his body was breaking down, but we've seen signs of Lebron's body begin to crack. He's missed 3 out of 4 seasons in LA significant time and the iron man stuff is out.

If I'm the Lakers I don't do anything significant here if I don't want to trade AD/Bron. I let things play out, and don't move any longterm assets. Lebron is good for 50 healthy games a year, AD is good for 40. They are levels removed from the physical peak that Giannis is in. We need to adjust, and either move them or just let it play out with Lebron's contract.

You’re overthinking it. Bron is only about KAJ. He’s not going anywhere. The extension imho is more in the Lakers hands than his. If he walks he will make mle.

The MLE? Come on now. He’s LBJ. The name alone is worth whatever the NBA max is until he can’t score 30 on 50%.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 6:14 am    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:
Halflife wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

The MLE? Come on now. He’s LBJ. The name alone is worth whatever the NBA max is until he can’t score 30 on 50%.

so if he walks as a FA you think someone is going to offer him a max? No way. We are his last payday. he knows it.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 6:26 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
kfkilla wrote:
Halflife wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

so if he walks as a FA you think someone is going to offer him a max? No way. We are his last payday. he knows it.

lol you are delusional
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 7:51 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Halflife wrote:
kfkilla wrote:
Halflife wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

lol you are delusional

There's always been LG posters for whom Lebron could do no right, and who post silly stuff about him.

We had one poster who during Lebron's prime ranted everyday that Lebron was no more than an average NBA player. (The poster thought Duncan was an average NBA player too.)

We had another poster who insisted that Lebron's body would break down and his NBA career would end at age 30.

It's just wishful thinking on the part of people who don't like him.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 7:57 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

MLE? You’re getting Lebron confused with Westbrook
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 9:46 am    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

its not about worth. if he walks I assume its only to win a ring, so what contender will have those dollars laying around? Now if he doesn't care about winning (IMHO he doesn't and why he will stay) then what team is going to shell out, or can shell out big dollars.

There may be a team willing to unload a bank vault for an old, broken down legend with tons of baggage that can no longer carry a team who also happens to hold a huge megaphone. i just don't see it.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 9:48 am    Post subject:

If Lebron is serious about leaving, he won't sign the extension and teams interested in him will open up enough capspace to sign him. That's always how he's done things and I don't think he would do it different this time around.

But having to be forced to play another season with Westbrook will be interesting. One year and Harden ran. Durant ran. Most stars run away afrer getting the WB experience. If we keep WB, Lebron may scheme his exit plan sooner than later.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 9:49 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
If Lebron is serious about leaving, he won't sign the extension and teams interested in him will open up enough capspace to sign him. That's always how he's done things and I don't think he would do it different this time around.

But having to be forced to play another season with Westbrook will be interesting.

IMHO he ain't leaving. he said this season wasn't a failure which means he's done with the whole winning thing. KAJ or bust.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 10:46 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

But having to be forced to play another season with Westbrook will be interesting.

IMHO he ain't leaving. he said this season wasn't a failure which means he's done with the whole winning thing. KAJ or bust.

How does that make sense when he tweeted that he won’t miss the playoffs again?
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 10:49 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

its not about worth. if he walks I assume its only to win a ring, so what contender will have those dollars laying around? Now if he doesn't care about winning (IMHO he doesn't and why he will stay) then what team is going to shell out, or can shell out big dollars.

There may be a team willing to unload a bank vault for an old, broken down legend with tons of baggage that can no longer carry a team who also happens to hold a huge megaphone. i just don't see it.

making 30-40 mil a year while catching KAJ in the place he loves vs 6-10m a year in some random cities while being labeled as "ring chaser". easy choice, he has nothing left to prove after KAJ, and the chances of him winning 2 more rings are very low, so i don't think he walks.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 11:00 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

making 30-40 mil a year while catching KAJ in the place he loves vs 6-10m a year in some random cities while being labeled as "ring chaser". easy choice, he has nothing left to prove after KAJ, and the chances of him winning 2 more rings are very low, so i don't think he walks.

I agree. I have said he isn't going anywhere. if he did he's taking a huge paycut. I personally don't think winning is the priority for him. KAJ is. If AD became a monster, obviously it changes things but bron is chilling.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 11:15 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

But having to be forced to play another season with Westbrook will be interesting. One year and Harden ran. Durant ran. Most stars run away afrer getting the WB experience. If we keep WB, Lebron may scheme his exit plan sooner than later.

My guess is Lebron won't sign an extension. But that won't mean he intends to leave; he likes to keep his options open.

If he doesn't sign an extension, it doesn't mean he won't stay with the Lakers, so I doubt teams would open up cap space just to go after him. It's going to be a fairly weak free agent class that year.

Anyway, all this extension stuff is just speculation to fill time during the offseason -- as well as a hook for the usual suspects to justify cutting-and-pasting their usual rants

The contract extension deadline will come up in a few months, and we'll see what happens.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 12:37 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
We had one poster who during Lebron's prime ranted everyday that Lebron was no more than an average NBA player.

Yeah, I remember someone used to say that all the time. That's a blast from the past.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 1:05 pm    Post subject:

where did the Lebron is leaving thing come from? SAS?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

The fact that the Lakers missed the play in and the extension obstacle is enough to wonder if LeBron’s future is in LA, I don’t believe all these writers who are saying that the Lakers won’t trade LeBron, the Lakers would never reveal their plans to the public and create chaos in the process.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 2:19 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Halflife wrote:

The fact that the Lakers missed the play in and the extension obstacle is enough to wonder if LeBron’s future is in LA, I don’t believe all these writers who are saying that the Lakers won’t trade LeBron, the Lakers would never reveal their plans to the public and create chaos in the process.

Good point. That Anthony Davis trade caught me totally by surprise. Who knew?
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Halflife wrote:

yet you believe everything, not coming from the lakers.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 2:47 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

My guess is Lebron won't sign an extension. But that won't mean he intends to leave; he likes to keep his options open.

If he doesn't sign an extension, it doesn't mean he won't stay with the Lakers, so I doubt teams would open up cap space just to go after him. It's going to be a fairly weak free agent class that year.

Anyway, all this extension stuff is just speculation to fill time during the offseason -- as well as a hook for the usual suspects to justify cutting-and-pasting their usual rants

The contract extension deadline will come up in a few months, and we'll see what happens.

My guess he don't sign an extension and keep his option open to see how the Lakers retool with all that capspace in 2023. Then I see him signing a 1+1 deal on a slightly smaller deal, and see where Bronny ends up.
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 5:51 pm    Post subject:

Just trade him.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 11:09 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

He would absolutely 100% without any team that had the cap space. Let's ignore the marketing for a second, as just from marketing alone he would put people in seats...

30.3 points (52.4% fg, 35.9% fg, 75.6% ft), 8.2 rebounds, 6.2 assists, 1.3 steals, 1.1 blocks in 37.2 minutes

The numbers speak for themselves.

That having been said if I'm the Lakers and I think he's leaving I'd try to get him to give me a destination he'd like to go to and trade him to get some assets. But teams would be lining up to get him. He's still one of the best players in the league.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 3:09 am    Post subject:

Report: Lakers owner Jeanie Buss won’t trade LeBron James just because he declines contract extension

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-lakers-owner-jeanie-buss-210035106.html
Leif
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 4:02 am    Post subject:

Would you trade LeBron if you owned the Lakers?
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 4:42 am    Post subject:

Leif wrote:
Would you trade LeBron if you owned the Lakers?

I am not trading my money making machine as I know championship’s takes lot of luck even if I have a loaded team ( e.g Payton/Malone, Nash/Dwight)
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 5:04 am    Post subject:

Lbj gets MLE
Lakers will win 75 games with Brick

This dude's nonsense takes have no boundary..
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1803, 1804, 1805 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1804 of 2079
Jump to: