The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1805, 1806, 1807 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Kyrie already ran away from bron but Kyrie for AD would be good. No long term money. Bron and kyrie know how to play together.

kyrie is the prefect escape goat for bron

Something around AD and THT + Nunn for Kyrie/Curry/LMA could work
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 2:08 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
RashardA wrote:
Lebron for Kyrie + Curry works.

Why would Brooklyn do that?

If I'm the Nets I would happily take that deal and run with it. Why would the Lakers do that deal?

Come on, we could probably get 70 combined games between Kyrie and AD.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Kyrie already ran away from bron but Kyrie for AD would be good. No long term money. Bron and kyrie know how to play together.

LA is terrible, curry is fine. TBH the goal should be to have kyrie, Bron, ad.

KD and russ know how to play together and like Kyrie being an escape goat for bron, Russ affords KD the same thing especially coming off of a playoffs where he got gassed.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 6:34 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:
but did anyone expect any of those teams to eliminate Cleveland? Finals they stood little chance but up until then, it was not a challenge. Or atleast shouldnt be

Cleveland was probably the nominal favorite because of the Lebron factor, but the east was considered pretty wide open that year (mostly because of the lack of talent on the Cavs after Lebron).

The Cavs were a 50-win team.

The Pacers won 48. Toronto won 59. The Celtics won 55.

So, the Cavs were facing higher seeded teams most of the playoffs.

AccurScore, which simulated the NBA playoffs thousands of times to calculate probabilities for each team to win its first-round series and advance to win the NBA Finals, correctly predicted the Warriors would win the finals that year. It was divided about the eastern teams chances of winning:

Golden State Warriors 33%
Houston Rockets 23%
Philadelphia 76ers 11%
Cleveland Cavaliers 10%
Toronto Raptors 9%
Boston Celtics 7%

It wouldn't have been a shock if the Cavs had been knocked out by Boston or Toronto.

I never really liked using RS as a barometer for playiff matchups, especially against a James led team. I mean its useful, but far from showing the best team at winning 4 in 7 against the same opponent. James jad tons of experience, was by far the best player on all the teams he faced up until the final. Love would be top 3 on either of those teams. The supporting cast knew they roles and played them well. They had offense from James, they had shooting, rebounding and defense. I personally didnt see how they would lose, i was actually expecting the series to be shorter (well, bar the Toronto one).

There were a lot of good teams, none great (Boston could have been potentially if healthy), perfect setting for James to dominate his way to the finals.

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 10:36 pm    Post subject:

GOODRICH25 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:
but did anyone expect any of those teams to eliminate Cleveland? Finals they stood little chance but up until then, it was not a challenge. Or atleast shouldnt be

Cleveland was probably the nominal favorite because of the Lebron factor, but the east was considered pretty wide open that year (mostly because of the lack of talent on the Cavs after Lebron).

AccurScore, which simulated the NBA playoffs thousands of times to calculate probabilities for each team to win its first-round series and advance to win the NBA Finals, correctly predicted the Warriors would win the finals that year. It was divided about the eastern teams chances of winning:

Houston Rockets 23%
Philadelphia 76ers 11%
Cleveland Cavaliers 10%
Toronto Raptors 9%
Boston Celtics 7%

It wouldn't have been a shock if the Cavs had been knocked out by Boston or Toronto.

I never really liked using RS as a barometer for playiff matchups, especially against a James led team. I mean its useful, but far from showing the best team at winning 4 in 7 against the same opponent. James jad tons of experience, was by far the best player on all the teams he faced up until the final. Love would be top 3 on either of those teams. The supporting cast knew they roles and played them well. They had offense from James, they had shooting, rebounding and defense. I personally didnt see how they would lose, i was actually expecting the series to be shorter (well, bar the Toronto one).

There were a lot of good teams, none great (Boston could have been potentially if healthy), perfect setting for James to dominate his way to the finals.

But isn't that kind of the point. You think the Cavs were favorites solely because they had Lebron, not because of the rest of their roster.

Which, actually, is what everyone thought.

The rest of the roster was mediocre, but Lebron was so good by himself that he made the team the favorite in the east.

In fact, you can argue that no player in NBA history has carried mediocre rosters as far as Lebron has.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 10:46 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:

Houston Rockets 23%
Philadelphia 76ers 11%
Cleveland Cavaliers 10%
Toronto Raptors 9%
Boston Celtics 7%

But isn't that kind of the point. You think the Cavs were favorites solely because they had Lebron, not because of the rest of their roster.

The rest of the roster was mediocre, but Lebron was so good by himself that he made the team the favorite in the east.

In fact, you can argue that no player in NBA history has carried mediocre rosters as far as Lebron has.

I’m sort of confused how that Cavs team started as a superteam in 2015 (LeBron, Kyrie, Love) and then ended with LeBron carrying a bunch of scrubs. All within a four year period.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 5:36 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
activeverb wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:

Houston Rockets 23%
Philadelphia 76ers 11%
Cleveland Cavaliers 10%
Toronto Raptors 9%
Boston Celtics 7%

I’m sort of confused how that Cavs team started as a superteam in 2015 (LeBron, Kyrie, Love) and then ended with LeBron carrying a bunch of scrubs. All within a four year period.

Cause the measuring bar shifted with KD joining the team that beat him
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 7:53 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

Four years is a long time in the NBA. I believe only 4 guys from the 2015 Cavs team were still on the 2018 team.

It only takes losing a couple of guys to go from "superteam" to "eh."

I mean, Toronto went from being a championship team to a 27-win team in two years.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 9:21 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Four years is a long time in the NBA. I believe only 4 guys from the 2015 Cavs team were still on the 2018 team.

I mean, Toronto went from being a championship team to a 27-win team in two years.

It took a year less for the Lakers to plummet from Champions and a top defensive team to our 33 win defensive embarrassment with season long collapses, 40 pt quarters and seemingly nightly “career bests” against them.

It is going to take a while to get over this disappointing past season. Especially as I don’t have a lot of optimism they can fix the issues any time soon.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 9:44 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
activeverb wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

It took a year less for the Lakers to plummet from Champions and a top defensive team to our 33 win defensive embarrassment with season long collapses, 40 pt quarters and seemingly nightly “career bests” against them.

It is going to take a while to get over this disappointing past season. Especially as I don’t have a lot of optimism they can fix the issues any time soon.

Look at my sig.

The plummet isn't really on LBJ IMO. LBJ/AD missed as many games (or more) in 20-21, yet the TEAM was still winning at close to a 60% clip. When you get rid of elite to good defenders (AC/KCP/Kuz) and replace it with Russ, what did you expect? We won 41 games last year (in 72 games, but equivalent to 48 wins in an 82 game season) with approximately the same number of missed games (when you prorate them in a 72 game season) last year.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Halflife wrote:

if you watch the playoffs this year, you will know that a player like AD is very much needed for us to compete. traditional centers just don't work as well. we need him if we want any chance of winning, i get that he is fragile, but he is our best hope.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 12:23 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Look at my sig.

The plummet isn't really on LBJ IMO. LBJ/AD missed as many games (or more) in 20-21, yet the TEAM was still winning at close to a 60% clip. When you get rid of elite to good defenders (AC/KCP/Kuz) and replace it with Russ, what did you expect? We won 41 games last year (in 72 games, but equivalent to 48 wins in an 82 game season) with approximately the same number of missed games (when you prorate them in a 72 game season) last year.

Vogel wasn't so braindead last year with the crazy small lineups, and we had great defenders. AC/KCP.KUZ/DS, Gasol and ADII allowed us to stay big, but the roster moves this season is very stupid as we got a collection of 6'4 or under guards who can't defend. i can't remember how many games we lost because of the stupid lebron at the 5 lineup, it was great for Lebron's scoring, but it weakened our defense.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 3:29 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Look at my sig.

Vogel wasn't so braindead last year with the crazy small lineups, and we had great defenders. AC/KCP.KUZ/DS, Gasol and ADII allowed us to stay big, but the roster moves this season is very stupid as we got a collection of 6'4 or under guards who can't defend. i can't remember how many games we lost because of the stupid lebron at the 5 lineup, it was great for Lebron's scoring, but it weakened our defense.

Going from the Bubble to watching this Season just as far as coaching was involved is about as big of a gap as i've ever seen in my life from the same coach within a few years.. Personally, I feel this shows just how important the bench of solid assistants he lost was.. We can look at the blatantly obvious addition of Russ and severe lack of defenders which was absolutely a huge reason as well but in that Bubble run we were legitimately out coaching the opposition in dominate fashion every round until we got to the Finals and he went toe to toe with Spo which is not a common thing to see in the Playoffs especially. He was making consistently great adjustments in-game, between-games and before new series that took advantage of the opposition. I remember being shocked and loving it during the entire run. The decisions I seen on a consistent basis this last Season was absolutely not the same to say the least.. He once again had a horrible hand dealt to him this Season all things considered but the Coaching only made things worse imo.

I don't think Vogel is anywhere near an elite overall coach but with the right supporting cast helping him on the bench he absolutely was and has shown in the past he could make the most out of mediocre a roster. I just think this last Season was an absolute disaster all over the place and while Vogel was far from being the main culprit he def. didn't help matter much imo.

It kind of just shows that unless you have one of the 3-5 legitimate great head coaches in the NBA you need a good leader as a head coach with an all star level bench of assistant coaches. We also need that Rondo, Fisher, Dudley etc. kind of vet leader as well which was clearly missing as well.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 4:05 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Look at my sig.

Going from the Bubble to watching this Season just as far as coaching was involved is about as big of a gap as i've ever seen in my life from the same coach within a few years.. Personally, I feel this shows just how important the bench of solid assistants he lost was.. We can look at the blatantly obvious addition of Russ and severe lack of defenders which was absolutely a huge reason as well but in that Bubble run we were legitimately out coaching the opposition in dominate fashion every round until we got to the Finals and he went toe to toe with Spo which is not a common thing to see in the Playoffs especially. He was making consistently great adjustments in-game, between-games and before new series that took advantage of the opposition. I remember being shocked and loving it during the entire run. The decisions I seen on a consistent basis this last Season was absolutely not the same to say the least.. He once again had a horrible hand dealt to him this Season all things considered but the Coaching only made things worse imo.

I don't think Vogel is anywhere near an elite overall coach but with the right supporting cast helping him on the bench he absolutely was and has shown in the past he could make the most out of mediocre a roster. I just think this last Season was an absolute disaster all over the place and while Vogel was far from being the main culprit he def. didn't help matter much imo.

It kind of just shows that unless you have one of the 3-5 legitimate great head coaches in the NBA you need a good leader as a head coach with an all star level bench of assistant coaches. We also need that Rondo, Fisher, Dudley etc. kind of vet leader as well which was clearly missing as well.

I agree plus brons leadership was atrocious and not having the benefit of the 4 month break did his body in.

Bad season. Nothing positive other than reaves and monk to point at.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 5:28 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:

Hakeem...93/94...title. 2nd best player was likely Otis Thorpe.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 10:51 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
activeverb wrote:

Hakeem...93/94...title. 2nd best player was likely Otis Thorpe.

Sure, you can make an argument for akeem that season. But I was talking more about LeBron doing it over multiple seasons.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 6:07 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/kingjames/status/1526359565712781312?s=21

Q&A
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:

Q&A

@epic_: @kingjames, Who is your favorite LG poster?

@kingjames: No doubt, it's you @epic_! #ThekidfromAKRON 👑
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 8:15 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

Q&A

@kingjames: No doubt, it's you @ Halflife #ThekidfromAKRON 👑

Fixed 😂
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 6:29 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

Q&A

@kingjames: No doubt, it's you @epic_! #ThekidfromAKRON 👑

Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Beverly is trying to recruit LeBron to Minny

https://lakersdaily.com/patrick-beverley-tries-to-recruit-lebron-to-minnesota-taxes-are-much-much-lower/

What do they have that would make it worthwhile? They won’t give up KAT and Edwards as they would want those 2 to play with LeBron, maybe DLO/Beasley/Vanderbilt/Prince and picks?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 4:28 pm    Post subject:

Lebron isn’t going to Minny
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 4:34 pm    Post subject:

Never say never, Minnesota would be 1 of the best teams in the NBA with KAT/LeBron/Edwards and ring chasing vets, even a Laker fan would admit that it would be a intriguing situation.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 5:04 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Never say never, Minnesota would be 1 of the best teams in the NBA with KAT/LeBron/Edwards and ring chasing vets, even a Laker fan would admit that it would be a intriguing situation.

he's not going to minny. it will be Dlo/Bev for Russ
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 5:09 pm    Post subject:

Come on guys, waste of time thread. They aren’t trading Lebron.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1805, 1806, 1807 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1806 of 2079
Jump to: