Jeanie Buss interview
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 3:36 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
Fresh off his interview with Jeanie, Plaschke had this to say in a podcast:

Quote:
I’ve heard that Phil would like LeBron traded. I’ve just heard that but I’ve got nothing to back that up. No on-the-record stuff to back that up. I do know that Phil would like to keep Westbrook and try to make that work with him

It's probably not a great idea to seek counsel from someone your star player has openly feuded with.

Have Lebron and Westbrook feuded??
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 3:39 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Halflife wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
she's pissed at the result but doesn't make any management changes yah ok... still relying on her friends to find a new coach. oddly enough they found the last coach they just fired. this the definition of insanity. mark my words the next guy won't finish his contract

if he doesn't win he shouldn't.

Funny people whined about luke being here too long. Vogel, who I like did nothing with this team. Plenty of coaches have found ways to make russ HOF effective.

I get bron is gassed and has aged a decade in 2 years but vogel didn't have an answer for anything.

So if russ is staying why keep him?

Nonsensical crap. Vogel did plenty for this team before this last roster disaster. Westbrook? Zero titles for a reason. HOF effective at stat padding only, GTFO. Chump didn't bother a whit to develop his game as he aged, and he stands around on defense. Oh yeah that's right boo hoo the coach didn't "make" him play defense. And for this we gave away a solid defensive squad. Bad. Roster. Decision. And Jeannie is at the helm even if she delegates her role as leader that's still on her.

Jeannie stinks both as an owner and as a leader. Finding someone else to blame is the surest sign the latter is true.

Jeanie saw that Bron was incapable of doing anything since he led us to the lottery his first year. She fired the coach, hired Vogel, built us a championship team though the circumstances were different. On paper she followed that up with a better team, but saw that without a 4 month break her golden egg couldn't do anything, So she swung for the fences by bringing in russ, whose only purpose was to alleviate some load off of bron, and the experiment failed.

gotta fire the guy who couldn't even manage to get the 4th highest payroll in the league near the playoffs. Only because you cant fire bron, Russ.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Plaschke has been a hack for over 2 decades.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 3:42 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
ocho wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

Quote:
I’ve heard that Phil would like LeBron traded. I’ve just heard that but I’ve got nothing to back that up. No on-the-record stuff to back that up. I do know that Phil would like to keep Westbrook and try to make that work with him

It's probably not a great idea to seek counsel from someone your star player has openly feuded with.

Lebron and Phil have.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 3:46 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
ocho wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

Quote:

Lebron and Phil have.

PJ referred to bron and his posse. bron and his posse seemingly cried racism. I don't know how much of this stuck TBH. PJ has been around the team for a couple years now.

Not saying it didn't but I have to believe they have run into each other more than a few times.

Bron seemingly loves playing for the org and living here.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 3:48 pm    Post subject:

Thank God for Klutch? What has happened around here? Yikes.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 3:55 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
ocho wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
ocho wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

Quote:

Lebron and Phil have.

PJ referred to bron and his posse. bron and his posse seemingly cried racism. I don't know how much of this stuck TBH. PJ has been around the team for a couple years now.

Not saying it didn't but I have to believe they have run into each other more than a few times.

I understand it’s not a big deal to you, but I’m not sure LeBron feels the same way. It’s a bad idea to bring one of the worst GMs in recent history into the inner circle. It’s an even worse idea when your star player (who you want to sign to an extension this summer) openly dislikes him. Just another in a series of unforced errors.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 3:58 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Halflife wrote:
ocho wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
ocho wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

Quote:

Lebron and Phil have.

I understand it’s not a big deal to you, but I’m not sure LeBron feels the same way. It’s a bad idea to bring one of the worst GMs in recent history into the inner circle. It’s an even worse idea when your star player (who you want to sign to an extension this summer) openly dislikes him. Just another in a series of unforced errors.
True.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 4:20 pm    Post subject:

Phil wanted Kobe traded as well and Dr.Buss stopped it when their was a offer on the table involving Kidd/Marion, Phil should never ever have a say in roster decisions he had his chance to redeem himself with the Knicks and he crapped the bed.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 4:25 pm    Post subject:

I want LeBron traded for the right haul but if Phil wants to have a say in what players we go after that wouldn’t sit well.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 4:46 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Halflife wrote:
ocho wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
ocho wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

Quote:

Lebron and Phil have.

we don't know if bron and PJ have a good relationship or not. In regard to PJs GMing skills, his first choice was Kerr, wanted Vogel to settle for Fish. IIRC he picked porzingas which at the time some hailed.

but Dolan is the worst owner in sports so tough to gauge anyone when he's the head of the snake.

PJ likes tall athletic wings with high IQ. I also have a hard time believing PJ would want Doc, so if that's the choice he IMHO is not the one to blame.

Plus we don't know if PJ wants bron traded, I certainly know if history is a teacher that Russ is the antithesis of a PJ player.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 7:08 pm    Post subject:

PJ’s stint with the Knicks was an unmitigated disaster. You don’t get “what ifs” in that capacity. Rumor had it he never scouted players and basically didn’t out in the work while cashing in $12m a year. Guys like Magic and Phil are all time greats but don’t need or want it like a more hungry FO guy like Masai.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 7:25 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
PJ’s stint with the Knicks was an unmitigated disaster. You don’t get “what ifs” in that capacity. Rumor had it he never scouted players and basically didn’t out in the work while cashing in $12m a year. Guys like Magic and Phil are all time greats but don’t need or want it like a more hungry FO guy like Masai.

Pj doesn’t seem to want a job. It seems he is only an opinion. I don’t think it’s bad to have the greatest nba coach, who mastered working with vets as a voice.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 7:32 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I think they were at the wrong age to step into the new field. One might think a former coach or a player has a better idea on running a team. But who said a player or a coach must know everything about the CBA? When Magic and Phil took over the front office, they probably didn't have the energy to acquire so much new knowledge. They can still be greater recruiters for the Lakers though. Imagine sitting on the table with LBJ, Magic, Phil and Kareem, that must mean something to professional NBA players. They don't have much value than that.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 7:38 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Pj doesn’t seem to want a job. It seems he is only an opinion. I don’t think it’s bad to have the greatest nba coach, who mastered working with vets as a voice.

It really depends on what his actual role. His coaching style is probably outdated, his playbook is probably outdated, his CBA knowledge is probably outdated so what's his true value? Ironically, Vogel would benefit a lot if Jackson could mentor him how to deal with Westbrook.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

In the abstract, sure. In this particular case, though, it seems that there are already too many voices. This whole thing reminds me of a weak medieval monarch with a bunch of courtiers vying for influence. That may be melodramatic. Or it may be frighteningly accurate.
Laker_Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Halflife wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

In the abstract, sure. In this particular case, though, it seems that there are already too many voices. This whole thing reminds me of a weak medieval monarch with a bunch of courtiers vying for influence. That may be melodramatic. Or it may be frighteningly accurate.

Game of Thrones: Quest for the Lottery
Coming Summer 2023
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 9:15 pm    Post subject:

I can't believe people back LBJ over Phil.

LBJ is probably the greatest basketball player in terms of talent... but he's one Ray Allen shot and one bubble title away from being a huge unmitigated disappointment.

Imagine if LBJ had trusted Riley.

Or if a younger Phil had coached Kyrie and LBJ.

LBJ hasn't done anything as a GM other than overcome his half baked personnel decisions with incredible play.

He's won in spite of himself not because of his personnel decisions... and I hope when the smoke clears he's the owner of Las Vegas and not the Lakers.
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 9:24 pm    Post subject:

If it's true, Phil is absolutely right when he says the Lakers need to trade Lebron.

However, he's insane for saying we should keep Westbrook.

What's best for the long-term health of the franchise is to trade LeBron, Russ and AD.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 11:03 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Halflife wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

The problem is Jeannie.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 11:12 pm    Post subject:

We panicked at the sight of the Nets Big 3, decided we had to get one of our own at all costs. Hence Russ. Demar wasn't appartenly Big enough. Nets were going to win everything for years, it was there time, only injury last season stopped them etc etc was the narrative. We had to compete with THEM now, desperation time. Plus the defending champs were going to be good for years, plus the Clippers, plus the Warriors back, pressure pressure = Russ trade.
Burden reminiscent of the Mozgov Deng deals desperate Jim and Mitch put together, though they were desperate more to make a last ditch effort to do something, anything rather than front office last year thinking the writing on the wall spelled out nets rings.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 2:44 am    Post subject:

I actually think trading Lebron is the right move, and so is keeping Westbrook's one year deal. But not to build around WB, it's to John Wall him.

I can't see how this is news, as Jeanie is already on the record talking about Lebron breaking the scoring record next season. Phil can want Lebron traded as much as me, it has no shot of happening.

I mean I like Lebron and I want him traded, but my agenda is to build the next title team, and not try to salvage some 45-47 win seasons and 2 rounds of playoffs with old Lebron/AD while giving up even more draft picks. We can't trade WB for anything close to what we gave up for him (added 8M of salary that could have gone to Caruso, KCP, Kuzma, Trez, FRP). But we could get something of longterm value for Lebron, and we could use the year to develop some of the younger players like THT/Reaves etc. and sell them high at trade deadline/future. There's many ways to roster build for a title, but one way that I know for sure that doesn't lead to titles is when you go all out for a player on close to his retirement tour.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 6:00 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Phil can want Lebron traded

Link to PJ or anyone not needing clicks backs this up.
chrisca91
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 6:19 am    Post subject:

lakers are pretty much knicks of the west. nothing major accomplished in the last 10 years. i don't consider the covid championship a NBA championship
lakid
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 7:39 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Yikes. We are in big trouble.

She’s upset because of the money she spent and thinks she should have a team that makes deep playoff runs. Hello Manchester United! Hello Hal Steinbrenner Yankees.

Seems like she gets very defensive about Rambii criticism.

Man we are in trouble. Getting dangerously close to Knicks west if not already there.

Yep not sure how anybody can feel good about this it clearly shows that Jeannie is in over her head and doesn't know WTF she is doing. Her defensiveness about the Rambii is a joke. She's in this to make money, not win, financially she can't compete with deep pocketed billionaire owners who don't view their teams as a vehicle for profit but rather as a means to win titles.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8
Jump to: