Jeanie Buss interview
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 8:52 am    Post subject:

chrisca91 wrote:
lakers are pretty much knicks of the west. nothing major accomplished in the last 10 years. i don't consider the covid championship a NBA championship

except the NYK couldn't lure LBJ and I understand the Bubble title is different, and history will footnote it, it still counts.

the NYK wouldn't be the NYK had they won the bubble title.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 9:25 am    Post subject:

chrisca91 wrote:
lakers are pretty much knicks of the west. nothing major accomplished in the last 10 years. i don't consider the covid championship a NBA championship

there was a Covid Championship? how does that work? like they get the play high school teams and win a championship? if they played NBA teams and won, i'd say that's an NBA championship.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 9:28 am    Post subject:

I don’t think we are Knicks west YET, but we sure are trending that way tbh.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 9:33 am    Post subject:

Lakers are in far worse position than the Knicks. Knicks’ problem is while Dolan is willing to spend $$$ but often he hires the wrong guy to turn the team, but he has no issues hiring outsiders. Lakers’ problem is Jeannie Buss will ALWAYS hire retreat ex-Laker to run team, huge difference there. Knicks are one right hire away from being successful, lakers don’t even get that chance because of Jeannie Buss’ nepotism, and jeannie is penny pinching compare to Dolan.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 9:46 am    Post subject:

This PJax vs Klutch thing better be Plascke's imagination and not a subtle dig from ownership while playing lip service on the surface, Jesus Christ
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 9:57 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Lakers are in far worse position than the Knicks. Knicks’ problem is while Dolan is willing to spend $$$ but often he hires the wrong guy to turn the team, but he has no issues hiring outsiders. Lakers’ problem is Jeannie Buss will ALWAYS hire retreat ex-Laker to run team, huge difference there. Knicks are one right hire away from being successful, lakers don’t even get that chance because of Jeannie Buss’ nepotism, and jeannie is penny pinching compare to Dolan.

yeah, i mean what did Kurt Rambis do to deserve his position inside the Lakers organization, if it was only because of his wife is tight with Jeanie, then that's Nepotism.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 9:58 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

yeah, i mean what did Kurt Rambis do to deserve his position inside the Lakers organization, if it was only because of his wife is tight with Jeanie, then that's Nepotism.

other than being part of championship teams as a player and on a staff
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 11:16 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Hire Mark Madsen to be your POBO, then.

Being a good player doesn't make you a good coach. Being a good coach doesn't make you a good GM.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 11:18 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Halflife wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Being a good player doesn't make you a good coach. Being a good coach doesn't make you a good GM.

didn't say it did, lets just be honest about his credentials.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 11:31 am    Post subject:

If Kurt isn't married to Linda Rambis, no way he wields as much power as he does on the Lakers. That's crazy.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 11:39 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
If Kurt isn't married to Linda Rambis, no way he wields as much power as he does on the Lakers. That's crazy.

other than PJ had him on his staff.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 11:46 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Ok, then he became a head coach and failed miserably. Point?
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 11:55 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:

The Knicks don’t have one max player worth committing to. Their best player is Barrett who is at best 2nd or 3rd option on a championship team. I lean more to third. Their coaching also is behind the 8 ball with the league. So I wouldn’t say they’re in a better position. I’d say they’re in a much worse position.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
Laker_Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 11:55 am    Post subject:

This idea of comparing Lakers and Knicks is sort of crazy talk.....

Fact is that there are 30 NBA teams and in the last 10 years (to use the referenced time period) there were 8 team champions:

2011-2021 = Bucks, Lakers (LBJ), Raptors, Warriors, Cavs (LBJ), Spurs, Heat (LBJ), Mavs

If you go back another 20 years, you add only another 4 teams to the list:

1990-2010 = Foston, Pistons, Bulls, Rockets

So, in the last 30 years, the Knicks and 17 other teams were NOT able to get the job done even once...

And, if the Knicks are one small move away from being relevant, then the Lakers by historical inference are one small move away from being a champ again.

I am all for demanding excellence every year as a fan, but Laker fans definitely need to have some perspective about measuring success as a whole in terms of evaluating the team's commitment/leadership/productivity/competence.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 12:36 pm    Post subject:

Knicks would love to have the Lakers track record, say 2000-2022. That's 6 championships in 22 seasons? Stop comparing the Lakers to the Knicks. Even if we have a mess in the FO/ownership, we still somehow manage to win rings.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 12:42 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Point? lets be honest about his tenure in and around the league. IIRC could be wrong but was he horrible when he coached us. i cant remember that far back.

No one wants him as a GM, he's not, no one wants him as a coach, he wont be.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 12:52 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Point? lets be honest about his tenure in and around the league. IIRC could be wrong but was he horrible when he coached us. i cant remember that far back.

So what is the value of his being with PJ on his staff? Are you saying Kurt will be an Asst. coach, since he could hide under the aegis of Phil and claim "success" at that role?

So how does that then give him pseudo PBO-level powers?
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 1:00 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

So what is the value of his being with PJ on his staff? Are you saying Kurt will be an Asst. coach, since he could hide under the aegis of Phil and claim "success" at that role?

The point is this. No one here knows better than Kurt, nor should they be expected to. Kurt may or may not be part of the Lakers because of his affiliation with jeanie.

The fact is we don't know his true role. For all we know he is the cleaner. He was the guy apparently that told Vogel to do as he will with russ. Thats a good thing.

No way do I believe KR is overruling anyone and I do believe he has to have some value.

But I get the hysterics. Its MB culture.
MagicMamba88
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 8:46 pm    Post subject:

just no Doc Rivers or Mark Jackson.

thats all
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

The point is this. No one here knows better than Kurt, nor should they be expected to. Kurt may or may not be part of the Lakers because of his affiliation with jeanie.

The fact is we don't know his true role. For all we know he is the cleaner. He was the guy apparently that told Vogel to do as he will with russ. Thats a good thing.

No way do I believe KR is overruling anyone and I do believe he has to have some value.

But I get the hysterics. Its MB culture.

We don't have faith Rambis being the main guy giving advise to Pelinka. But if you suggest that is not his role, then who can Pelinka actually consult?
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yet he seems to have more input than both of them. Which is stupid.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 7:27 am    Post subject:

You start by saying this…

Quote:
“I’m growing impatient just because we had the fourth-highest payroll in the league. … When you spend that kind of money on the luxury tax, you expect to go deep into the playoffs,” she told The Times. “So, yeah, it was gut-wrenching for me to go out on a limb like that and not get the results that we were looking for. … I’m not happy, I’m not satisfied.”

But then you follow it up with saying this…

Quote:
“In terms of basketball decisions, I have complete confidence in our front office, which is headed by Rob Pelinka,” she said. “He is a person that is extremely smart, extremely strategic, everything he does is thoughtful and with purpose. … I have complete confidence that he can put together a roster and find a coach that is going to get us back to where we belong.”

So which one is it Jeanie?

Let me remind you that a noob (that I suspect might have been secretly trained by Danny boy in the dark arts while he was still coach) offloaded 2 vet min dudes at this season’s trade deadline to save on their current tax hit by attaching a 2028 2nd rounder that is protected from pick #31-45. Meanwhile, the “extremely strategic” guy you hired Jeanie didn’t even give it a thought to do that with DeAndre at the trade deadline. Instead, he purposely cost you roughly 8m in a salary corpse & associated tax hit for his (mis)handlings of said player.

Dudes a (lepre)con of a GM. If you’re adamant of not selling Jeanie, then please do the next best thing. #FOh

Btw, dude also seems to rub people the wrong way and it’s making you look bad homegirl…

https://i.redd.it/a83z1lch36z81.jpg
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 7:30 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
You start by saying this…

Quote:
“I’m growing impatient just because we had the fourth-highest payroll in the league. … When you spend that kind of money on the luxury tax, you expect to go deep into the playoffs,” she told The Times. “So, yeah, it was gut-wrenching for me to go out on a limb like that and not get the results that we were looking for. … I’m not happy, I’m not satisfied.”

But then you follow it up with saying this…

Quote:
“In terms of basketball decisions, I have complete confidence in our front office, which is headed by Rob Pelinka,” she said. “He is a person that is extremely smart, extremely strategic, everything he does is thoughtful and with purpose. … I have complete confidence that he can put together a roster and find a coach that is going to get us back to where we belong.”

So which one is it Jeanie?

Let me remind you that a noob (that I suspect might have been secretly trained by Danny boy in the dark arts while he was still coach) offloaded 2 vet min dudes at this season’s trade deadline to save on their current tax hit by attaching a 2028 2nd rounder that is protected from pick #31-45. Meanwhile, the “extremely strategic” guy you hired Jeanie didn’t even give it a thought to do that with DeAndre at the trade deadline. Instead, he purposely cost you roughly 8m in a salary corpse & associated tax hit for his (mis)handlings of said player.

Dudes a (lepre)con of a GM. If you’re adamant of not selling Jeanie, then please do the next best thing. #FOh

Btw, dude also seems to rub people the wrong way and it’s making you look bad homegirl…

https://i.redd.it/a83z1lch36z81.jpg

Jeanie makes no sense.
She says she hates losing, that she's not happy

And then proceed to support the people who put us in this (bleep) situation
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 7:34 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
danzag wrote:
Halflife wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

didn't say it did, lets just be honest about his credentials.

Like Pelinka, his credentials have nothing to do with his position.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 7:36 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Knicks would love to have the Lakers track record, say 2000-2022. That's 6 championships in 22 seasons? Stop comparing the Lakers to the Knicks. Even if we have a mess in the FO/ownership, we still somehow manage to win rings.

Thanks to Magic Mitch isn’t here anymore. He was at the helm of most of those championships. And the current Laker FO is as dysfunctional as the Knicks.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8
Jump to: