Head Coach Mr. DARVIN HAM Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 275, 276, 277  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 1:51 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Why is Doc Rivers even such a famous coach to begin with? He literally won one ring in 23 years of coaching because he had a super team with four future Hall of Famers.

You've literally described pretty much every all-time great coach that won championships. They all had stacked teams with multiple all-stars/HOF and all-time great players.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 2:03 pm    Post subject:

I have no idea if Hamm is going to be good. No one does. On paper stotts is a better win now option. Gotta go Hamm.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 3:01 pm    Post subject:

Have this bad feeling we’re going to have another Ty Lue situation
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 3:02 pm    Post subject:

I honestly don't see what everyone See's in Darvin Ham. Can someone enlighten me? I did some research, couldn't find much. Heard him speaking and it didn't really strike me as a person that could get the team on the right page and unified. What is his coaching philosophy? Is it because he isn't a retread and younger?
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Coach Rondo here we come

I honestly think I would like Rondo as an assistant and eventually a coach. If they hired Rondo right off the back, I wouldn't be mad, but he needs an offense, defense, coaching philosophy, and I think he can get through being an assistant.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 4:09 pm    Post subject:

D-Shiznit wrote:
Ham or Jackson please.

If you mean Mark Jackson, you’re on crack.
He sucks.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 4:09 pm    Post subject:

I want Nurse or Snyder or Mike Malone

But we aren’t getting any of them…
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 4:19 pm    Post subject:

It’s gonna be Luke Walton as the Lakers HC
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 4:21 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Why is Doc Rivers even such a famous coach to begin with? He literally won one ring in 23 years of coaching because he had a super team with four future Hall of Famers.

He beat the Lakers once in 2007 when Thibs was his defensive coordinator.

And then convinced people he'd have done it again if he had Kendrick Perkins...

Also ignoring the Lakers didn't have Bynum or Ariza the first time around, or a healthy Bynum the second time around.

Anyway, Doc has his entire career based off the ring he won in 2007. No more, no less.
crackadon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 5:28 pm    Post subject:

I would love if we got Kenny Atkinson as our HC. Ham and Handy as his lead assistants. Please no retreads like Mark Jackson, Rivers, Stotts, etc. Wouldn’t mind Quin Snyder either, but I think I’d take Kenny over him. Don’t think Nurse is going anywhere.

Let’s keep our fingers crossed, Lake Show.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 5:31 pm    Post subject:

crackadon wrote:
I would love if we got Kenny Atkinson as our HC. Ham and Handy as his lead assistants. Please no retreads like Mark Jackson, Rivers, Stotts, etc. Wouldn’t mind Quin Snyder either, but I think I’d take Kenny over him. Don’t think Nurse is going anywhere.

Terry Stotts as the offensive coordinator on Atkinson’s staff would be nice
crackadon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 5:59 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
crackadon wrote:

I disagree with you sometimes, but I’d be 100% fine with this. Stotts is a solid offensive coach, but his D is bad. He’d fit well as an offensive coordinator behind Kenny.

Do it Mitch! Or Pelinka or Jeanie or Kurt or whoever. Haha
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 6:06 pm    Post subject:

Just get us a coach like Atkinson with some assistants that can cover for his weaknesses, allowing him to maximize what he does best, and the assistants that can do what they do best so they can work in cohesion.

The biggest problems with Luke and Vogel was that they didn't fill their staff with people that could make up for their weaknesses or what hey weren't strong at.

The next Lakers Head Coach needs to do that instead of assuming they are the smartest person in the room.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Why Stotts?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 9:19 pm    Post subject:

crackadon wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
crackadon wrote:

I disagree with you sometimes, but I’d be 100% fine with this. Stotts is a solid offensive coach, but his D is bad. He’d fit well as an offensive coordinator behind Kenny.

Do it Mitch! Or Pelinka or Jeanie or Kurt or whoever. Haha

scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Someone is thinking from our management.

Think of this. We need ball movement and a new modern offense... what are we doing?

Interviewing people that come from TOR, GSW and Utah... these assistants have learned what ball movement means... they will have us playing a new modern basketball.

I just saw we received permission to interview Kenny Atkinson from GSW, this could be a good move.

Either way I feel confident we will find a very good coach.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 6:11 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Why Stotts?

Of all the guys out there, he's one that I think would allow the Lakers to sit on his meetings, and interfere/control the way I think. He's 64, and one last big pay day before he retires so even if he fails it won;t change much other than his bank account having $15M more.

He has a good offense designed to get a lot of baskets. His teams were in the playoffs 8 straight years. We may have eyes on Dame. I think the price tag, the allowing Rambis to interfere, constraints on assistants, all of that would continue with him while the offense would improve.

I think the Lakers are reasonable about next year. They know they can't go from 33 wins to 56 and a title. But they could get better on offense, and get into 44-48 wins neighbourhood. Vogel was a defensive coach, and needed his athletes to be able to run his schemes. We can't trade for those sort of athletes, but we have a lot of talent on offense. Even if you think of WB as awful, he's an elite 6th man. Maybe Stotts would be willing to bring him off the bench, as part of agreeing to the job, We know Vogel refused to do this. One of the thing about Vogel was he's stubborn (going back to Indiana). He runs defense first mindset, but if the team doesn't adopt it, they're screwed. Since we don't have the athletes anymore to run this mindset, and AD is never healthy to play that DPOTY impact, playing dominant great championship D is not something that can happen day in and day out anymore.

The Portland teams they weren't good on defense, but they were on offense. That gets you into the playoffs. The Lakers last season were neither good enough on offense or defense. I think right now Rob/Rambis are simply looking for someone that can get the team into the playoffs/play ins 7th/8th seed. Even if they say otherwise it's all BS for the media. There is no championship expectations next year, just get into the playoffs, be respectable and watch Lebron break the scoring title.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 8:01 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Why Stotts?

Of all the guys out there, he's one that I think would allow the Lakers to sit on his meetings, and interfere/control the way I think. He's 64, and one last big pay day before he retires so even if he fails it won;t change much other than his bank account having $15M more.

He has a good offense designed to get a lot of baskets. His teams were in the playoffs 8 straight years. We may have eyes on Dame. I think the price tag, the allowing Rambis to interfere, constraints on assistants, all of that would continue with him while the offense would improve.

I think the Lakers are reasonable about next year. They know they can't go from 33 wins to 56 and a title. But they could get better on offense, and get into 44-48 wins neighbourhood. Vogel was a defensive coach, and needed his athletes to be able to run his schemes. We can't trade for those sort of athletes, but we have a lot of talent on offense. Even if you think of WB as awful, he's an elite 6th man. Maybe Stotts would be willing to bring him off the bench, as part of agreeing to the job, We know Vogel refused to do this. One of the thing about Vogel was he's stubborn (going back to Indiana). He runs defense first mindset, but if the team doesn't adopt it, they're screwed. Since we don't have the athletes anymore to run this mindset, and AD is never healthy to play that DPOTY impact, playing dominant great championship D is not something that can happen day in and day out anymore.

The Portland teams they weren't good on defense, but they were on offense. That gets you into the playoffs. The Lakers last season were neither good enough on offense or defense. I think right now Rob/Rambis are simply looking for someone that can get the team into the playoffs/play ins 7th/8th seed. Even if they say otherwise it's all BS for the media. There is no championship expectations next year, just get into the playoffs, be respectable and watch Lebron break the scoring title.

I have to respectfully disagree with you, Wolf.
I don’t think Rob and Rambis will settle just getting into the playoffs.
That wasn’t the reason they swung for the fences, going all in on Westbrook.
They were convinced it would be the big three they needed to compete for a title. It failed.

I don’t believe the Lakers ever try and settle for just good enough, even with the impending scoring title for Lebron. This is not the crappy Kobe farewell tour season. I am hoping they have learned from that mess.

I hope for the best coach that can lay into these guys and make them listen.
Watching all the current coaches in the playoffs and even some that are out (Malone, Nurse, Snyder) they get their players to buy in. I think we had too many old dudes with big egos and other than Reaves and Monk, no one bought in.

Gotta change that.

Need to get younger and a coach that can light a fire…
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 8:05 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Why Stotts?

If Westbrook whined about not being able to play in 4th quarter, imagine how he would react when he is out of the starting lineup.
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 8:44 am    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Coach Rondo here we come

Honestly wouldn't mind this. Probably the only one LeBron might not tune out from the start.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 8:54 am    Post subject:

And if he did, rondo would punch him in the nards to regain his attention.

I'd like this. rajon doesn't back down from a challenge. Hell, he could probably get the band back together. Hollins, handy and even Vogel.

Bol wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Coach Rondo here we come

Honestly wouldn't mind this. Probably the only one LeBron might not tune out from the start.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 9:07 am    Post subject:

Quote:

Yahoo Sources: The Philadelphia 76ers do not plan to meet with Doc Rivers to discuss his future and maintains the franchise is committed to the head coach and will work with him to improve the roster.

🙌
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 10:23 am    Post subject:

Bol wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Coach Rondo here we come

I would assume Rondo brings in toughness and accountability, but what about this putrid offensive scheme? I’m good with him being the HC but he better brings on some offensive minded assistants.
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 10:35 am    Post subject:

I want a young, hungry coach to go along with a young, hungry squad.

Lakers severely need to re-set, rebuild a hardnosed culture/identity.

A culture of hard work, dedication, hustle and pride.

Far too many fat and happy, entitled players on last season's roster.

One of the most unlikable rosters in my lifetime due to those very reasons.

Get some young dudes in here who know what it means to get it straight from the mud.

That's the type of team I can get behind & be proud of.

This past season's roster was an utter embarrassment to the franchise, the city and the fan base and it had very little to do with their record.

All that said, Juwan Howard is my first choice if he's even a possibility.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 10:42 am    Post subject:

Lakers need to take note from teams like the Pelicans/Celtics/Grizzles

Young coaches know how to get their team to buy in, they seem to connect with players, I’m not suggesting that veteran coaches can’t do the same but if we tear the roster down I want a young energetic coach who will get the team to play with effort on a nightly basis.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 15 of 277
Jump to: