******** 2022 NBA Playoffs Thread ********
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 157, 158, 159 ... 297, 298, 299  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 4:42 am    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:

Still dont trust Tatum. That guy of course shines in Game 6 when his back against the wall. Lets see how he does when the pressure is back on him. I will eat crow if Im wrong but Im willing to bet Tatum does not step up in Game 7. The big money guys Boston should count on is Jalen Brown and Al Horford. In other words.....Im calling Tatum mentally soft. I always suspected he was soft and nothing in this series has changed my mind of him other than he has gained some playoff experience so he handles the playoffs in general better but lets see how he does in a game 7 at home where the pressure is on him.

So, to be clear....he "shines" with his back against the wall in an elimination game with the pressure on him. But he's mentally soft and you don't think he can handle the pressure of...another elimination game?

Self-consistent logic isn't a strong suite I can see....
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 5:54 am    Post subject:

If his back was against the wall in game 6, then shouldn't his back be against the wall again in game 7?

I wonder if Jerry would have selected Tatum over Ball. Wonder.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 5:58 am    Post subject:

Dominic1981 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Tatum learned from the best. Kobe taught him well. Imagine if we had drafted Tatum and kept BI. If AD didn't want to come to LA, we wouldn't have traded for him and would still have Tatum, BI and Lebron in our starting lineup right now. David Stern would have to come back from the grave to disband the Lakers if that were to happen.

I’ll never understand Magic falling in love with Lonzo. And Fultz was an extremely risky pick given his lack of experience (he only broke out his senior year of HS and was mediocre at Washington, didn’t even lead his team to winning anything).

Celtics got extremely lucky.

Fultz and Ball were the consensus top two picks in that draft. The Celtics' scouts must have gotten a better reading on the prospects than the consensus, and Ainge had the guts to listen to them. I can remember when I heard that the Celtics had traded down. I had a bad feeling then and there that we were going to get screwed. The Celtics could have taken either one of them, but they were trading down. You can decide for yourself whether the Celtics just had better scouts or whether Magic was just infatuated with the idea of Lonzo Ball. But at least we didn't wind up with Fultz.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 6:20 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Dominic1981 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Tatum learned from the best. Kobe taught him well. Imagine if we had drafted Tatum and kept BI. If AD didn't want to come to LA, we wouldn't have traded for him and would still have Tatum, BI and Lebron in our starting lineup right now. David Stern would have to come back from the grave to disband the Lakers if that were to happen.

I’ll never understand Magic falling in love with Lonzo. And Fultz was an extremely risky pick given his lack of experience (he only broke out his senior year of HS and was mediocre at Washington, didn’t even lead his team to winning anything).

Fultz and Ball were the consensus top two picks in that draft. The Celtics' scouts must have gotten a better reading on the prospects than the consensus, and Ainge had the guts to listen to them. I can remember when I heard that the Celtics had traded down. I had a bad feeling then and there that we were going to get screwed. The Celtics could have taken either one of them, but they were trading down. You can decide for yourself whether the Celtics just had better scouts or whether Magic was just infatuated with the idea of Lonzo Ball. But at least we didn't wind up with Fultz.

The jury is still out on Ainge so I don't know if Celts got lucky or not. Let's see how he drafts in Utah.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 6:43 am    Post subject:

Steph & Klay showed up when it counted. When their confidence is seated the Dubs are a tough out. I look for them to continue to play as they did in the closeout.

If Giannis doesn't get some help the Leprechauns are going to get to the finals. I think they're deeper than the Heat.

Tatum has lost his ever-loving mind. Somebody better snatch his kneecap.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 7:08 am    Post subject:

Jimmy Butler has been the best player in the playoffs. What chance do the Heat have of winning it all?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 7:17 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Jimmy Butler has been the best player in the playoffs. What chance do the Heat have of winning it all?

Jimmy's been beasting. He has the same dilemma as Giannis, he needs help. The Celtics are too deep for Miami.

It took us forever to catch them in championship wins. The way Jeannie is operating if they win a ship it's gonna be another long wait before we catch them again.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 7:58 am    Post subject:

The Celtics trusted their prospects and didn't trade them for AD, now is getting the dividends.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 8:33 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:

The Heat give me that pretenders vibe. They are obviously well coached and an "analytically" sound team (courtesy of Spoelstra), but they have a talent deficit. Who will be their second option when Butler is doubled/tripled in the ECF? I just see Butler and a bunch of good role players. Bam hasn't been consistent enough and his scoring numbers always dip in the playoffs (15/7 this season). They were super fortunate to play a terrible Atlanta team in the 1st round and then the Sixers without Embiid in the first two games of the 2nd round. One thing that may help them beat the odds is their defense, but Butler will have to carry them on the offensive end. I guess it just speaks volumes about Butler's play. He's been right behind Luka and Giannis in terms of dominance in the playoffs.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 8:41 am    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Still dont trust Tatum. That guy of course shines in Game 6 when his back against the wall. Lets see how he does when the pressure is back on him. I will eat crow if Im wrong but Im willing to bet Tatum does not step up in Game 7. The big money guys Boston should count on is Jalen Brown and Al Horford. In other words.....Im calling Tatum mentally soft. I always suspected he was soft and nothing in this series has changed my mind of him other than he has gained some playoff experience so he handles the playoffs in general better but lets see how he does in a game 7 at home where the pressure is on him.

So he shines when his back is against the wall but you question how he will do when the pressure is on him? Contradict much?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 8:44 am    Post subject:

Dominic1981 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Magic is lazy. He likes the attention but doesn’t put in the work. He has no business being near an NBA FO, he is a big part of the reason that the Lakers suck.
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 9:00 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
The Celtics trusted their prospects and didn't trade them for AD, now is getting the dividends.

I thought his agent told them not to trade for him because he didn't want to be there and would leave if they did.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 9:07 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Dominic1981 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Magic is lazy. He likes the attention but doesn’t put in the work. He has no business being near an NBA FO, he is a big part of the reason that the Lakers suck.

Let's be entirely fair here- Zo killed it in the summer league, and many people thought he would be the next best thing in LA. Even though I didn't agree with him at the time, I would say refer to GT's posts about Zo as a prospect. He basically said Zo would be head and shoulders over BI, Kuz and many of the other draft picks. The wheels started falling off after Zo's reoccurring injuries (knee, shoulder, etc) here and in New Orleans. There is no doubt Tatum is the better player, but I think a healthy Zo still has a monumental impact in the playoffs. The Bulls team fell apart after his injury, leading me to believe he's a much better player than advertised. As the 3rd option / J. Kidd type, he'd be an excellent addition to any playoff team. People underrate his ability to change the flow of the offense. I'm looking at the Bucks and seeing how desperately they need someone to set up Giannis. They are stagnant, reliant on half-court bully ball and terrible offensively.

The sad reality is Zo's career trajectory is turning out to be a Greg Oden kind of story. He misses more than a third of all games each season and develops some new injury complication. I don't think he's had a fair shot to show who he is as a player. https://hoopshype.com/rumor/lonzo-ball-at-a-standstill-with-knee-injury-still-experiencing-pain/
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 9:17 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:

So far 1 ring to nil
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 9:30 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:

Pretty sure the Celtics would've taken a championship over getting taken to Game 7 by a Bucks team missing their 2nd best player.

For all of you out there questioning Jimmer Fredette of BYU, he is the real deal. - Magic Johnson Mar 20, 2011
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 9:37 am    Post subject:

Dominic1981 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Boston was smart, they traded DOWN to draft Tatum. Lonzo was one of the oddest draft prospects in recent history, I have no idea why Magic and Laker fans were so enamored with him. If Lonzo grew up and played college in Michigan, Laker fans wouldn't have cared about him.

For all of you out there questioning Jimmer Fredette of BYU, he is the real deal. - Magic Johnson Mar 20, 2011
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 10:11 am    Post subject:

Magic fell in love with the LA kid narrative

Imagine a guy from LA, that went to UCLA, leading the Lakers to a championship
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 10:21 am    Post subject:

Monday morning QB's are ALWAYS right.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 10:27 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Magic fell in love with the LA kid narrative

Imagine a guy from LA, that went to UCLA, leading the Lakers to a championship

He played with at least two of them.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 10:30 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:

Disagree, I think Giannis has been by far the best player
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 10:36 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Tatum is sink or swim.

He will shoot you to the win
Or chuck you to a loss
Major ball hog seeking individual goals first

Sounds like Kobe? Lol
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 10:39 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

The Heat give me that pretenders vibe. They are obviously well coached and an "analytically" sound team (courtesy of Spoelstra), but they have a talent deficit. Who will be their second option when Butler is doubled/tripled in the ECF? I just see Butler and a bunch of good role players. Bam hasn't been consistent enough and his scoring numbers always dip in the playoffs (15/7 this season). They were super fortunate to play a terrible Atlanta team in the 1st round and then the Sixers without Embiid in the first two games of the 2nd round. One thing that may help them beat the odds is their defense, but Butler will have to carry them on the offensive end. I guess it just speaks volumes about Butler's play. He's been right behind Luka and Giannis in terms of dominance in the playoffs.

I think the Heat come out of the East.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 11:05 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:

So, to be clear....he "shines" with his back against the wall in an elimination game with the pressure on him. But he's mentally soft and you don't think he can handle the pressure of...another elimination game?

Self-consistent logic isn't a strong suite I can see....

Reading comprehension isn't a strong suit on your end....neither is spelling and you are trying to question my intelligence? Game 6 pressure was on the BUCKS to close them out at home following their impressive Game 5 victory. Celtics just had to play with their backs against the wall - The Bucks had more pressure in Game 6. Now in Game 7, Celtics have more pressure to win the series on their home floor.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 11:07 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Dominic1981 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

The jury is still out on Ainge so I don't know if Celts got lucky or not. Let's see how he drafts in Utah.

I don't have much interest in an overall assessment of Ainge as a GM. He got a title early on, then he generally put together good teams after that. He made good moves, he made questionable moves. Someone else can give him a grade as GM. However, in the case of trading down to take Tatum over Fultz and Ball, it would be hard to dispute that he made a good move.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 11:14 am    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
Reading comprehension isn't a strong suit on your end....neither is spelling and you are trying to question my intelligence? Game 6 pressure was on the BUCKS to close them out at home following their impressive Game 5 victory. Celtics just had to play with their backs against the wall - The Bucks had more pressure in Game 6. Now in Game 7, Celtics have more pressure to win the series on their home floor.

That sounds more like a media narrative than a reality. If you are playing with your backs against the wall and facing elimination on the other team's home court, that's a lot of pressure. Assessing different amounts of "pressure" is something that pundits and analysts do to create a narrative.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 157, 158, 159 ... 297, 298, 299  Next
Page 158 of 299
Jump to: